What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 16 Sunday AM Questions for Bloom (2 Viewers)

Mr. Bloom!

Question: Do I even consider Toby Gerhart over Roddy White or Lamar Miller in the flex (standard)?

Pick 1 (4pt TDs): Ryan Tannehil, Phillip Rivers, Alex Smith, Mark Sanchez

Pick 1 (standard): Mike Wallace, Donte Moncrief, Harry Douglas

Pick 1 (PPR): Jason Witten, Dwayne Allen

Thanks as always! You're the best!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Standard scoring (non-PPR)

4 pts passing TD all others 6 pts

RGIII, Orton or Tannehill (leaning RGIII)

Tre Mason or Gerhart

Surprise SB appearance since I squeaked into the playoffs. Feel I am a slight underdog.

Thanks and good luck in all your SB matchups.

Thanks Sig..PPRleague where I THINK I have the best team. .ive got shady. lamar miller, latavius murray, andre williams, and toby gerhart...need 2. Ive had Gerhart in and out of my lineup 3 times. In the 10 second primer between the 3 of you you have all 5 of them selected with only Murray listed as a repeat. HELPPPPP!!!! Im not usually this confused as it seems like drawing names out of the hat might be the best option?

my Super Bowl pick 2 of pretty pretty pretty please, because I am baffled at what to do with Murrau broken hand and Edelman thigh/concussion

RB Murray

WR Edelman

WR Watkins

WR C.Johnson (MIN)

In need of some championship game help. This is a long time keeper league so I have accumulated a decent amount of assets that gives me a plethora of options. It is a start 1 rb, 1 wr, 3 flex league and is standard scoring, no ppr. I have some difficult decisions with players I didn't expect to have to be thinking about benching. I need to choose 4 of the following:

Odell Beckham

LeSean McCoy

Arian Foster (worried about them being on their 15th string qb and playing the brutal Ravens run d)

Matt Forte (no Cutler and playing the brutal Lions run d)

Isaiah Crowell

Andre Williams

Additionally, thanks to the Cam Newton car accident, my qb decision became a little more difficult as well. Would you go with:

Cam Newton

Ryan Tannehill

Kyle Orton

Johnny Manziel

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi Sigmund,

I need your help for the Championship.

PPR League

Sammy Watkins or Charles Johnson?

Rivera or Ertz or Reed?

Thanks!

Hey sig thanks for all you, cec, Matt, jene & everyone else do, OTC is the best hour of Podcasting out there!

Full Point PPR I need to choose 3 of ODB( I know he's in), Alshon, Josh Gordon, Travis Kelce or Moncrief. If Moncrief, can you please say what sort of things would need to happen to get him in my team

Happy Holidays!

Man I am getting killed on the injury front. Ppr scoring start 1qb, 2rbs, 2wrs, 1 te, 1 flex.

should I go with the high floor of romo at qb or high upside of rg3?

Also rbs are murray, jennings, l. Miller, fjax, crowell need 2

Wrs julio, odb, dez, Moncrief, gordon, need 2 plus a flex

gronk t.e.

Crosby

bills d

Opponents lineup

Big ben

L. Bell

Blount

T.y.

Alshon

Andre Johnson

Jimmy graham

Novak

Pats d

Figured I would put my opponents lineup to give you a idea what he could score. Thanks for all your help! Good luck to you in all your superbowls

Got a couple questions here for you with $2000 on the line in a championship game:

Start Roethlisberger, Romo, or Cam Netwon? I also have Antonio Brown + Lev Bell

Bench Shady McCoy in favour of Joique Bell? (standard scoring)

PPR - title game, need to start 3 of these WRs......who do you start?

Alshon Jeffery

Mike Wallace

Charles Johnson

James Jones

Harry Douglas

Malcom Floyd

Thanks!

There is no possible way I can play Forte this weekend in a non-ppr league, right? 3 weeks ago vs Detroit, he put up a paltry 5.8 points (with only 6 yards of rushing). That's not going to cut it in the championship game. And now Clausen is running the offense? Please.

My RBs are Forte, L. Bell, Herron, Asiata, Randle, SJax.

I'm leaning playing Bell, Asiata, SJax (flex).

Agree?

Also, do you prefer Bourbon, Scotch, Irish, or Rye?

Cheers,

Jeremy

Two questions on 12-team, 0.5 PPR finals

RB2 - Steven Jackson or Andre Williams? I'm leaning strongly to Jackson since he's safer (WRs are Beckham, Antonio Brown, Jeffrey)

Different team

Flex spot - Julio (if he plays) or Tre Mason? Leaning towards Mason since Julio would be limited.

Dont Bloom me bro!!

I need some help at my flex and QB spots this week please. League is PPR with yardage bonuses for plays over 40 yards, and for game totals over 100 yards receiving and 250 yards passing.

QB options:

Tony Romo vs IND

Mark Sanchez @ WAS

Eli Manning @ STL

Flex options:

Jordan Matthews @ WAS

Mike Wallace vs MIN

Jeremy Hill vs DEN

Latavius Murray vs BUF

Joseph Randle vs IND

Thanks in advance for the help, and good luck in your championships!

Rick

Yo Bloom, Merry Christmas!! Which "non ideal" RB would you start in a PPR title game?

Randle vs Colts (let's assume Murray is playing, if he's not, he's the obvious start IMO)

Starks @ Bucs

Spiller @ Raiders (assuming he's activated)

And same league, which QB (4 pts passing TDs)

Big Ben vs Chiefs

Tannehill vs Vikings

RG3 vs Eagles

Right now I have Randle and Big Ben in the lineup....

Thanks Sig.

One question - re WR selection. Please rank based on assumptions. Standard league, 3 point bonus for 100 yds receiving.

Benjamin (assume Haden plays)

Stills

Douglas (assume no Julio)

Moncrief (assume no TY)

Leaning toward Stills; Benjamin generally ranked higher, but I think Cam's return might actually hurt, and Clev/Haden tough against pass, but if no Haden maybe Benjamin?

Thanks!

NO-Atlanta should be high-scoring, so Stills and Douglas could be valuable.

Thanks Sig,

Pick 2 assuming Julio doesn't play:

R White, Crowell, Gordon, M Bryant and Charles Johnson

Now which one would you play if Julio does play?

Hi Sig!

1. Cam or RG3 as my QB2 in 2QB finals? (I am a 25 point favorite)
  2. 0.5 PPR -- Douglas or Asiata (assuming Julio is out)
  3. Choose 4 in 0.25 PPR -- Lynch, DeMarco, Joique, FJax, Miller, Asiata
Thanks and good luck in your finals! :moneybag:

Sig this is it made it to the SB thank to you

Pick one

M Ryan @ No

M sanchez vs Cle

Pick two to go with OBJ

E Sander @ CIN

J Edelman @ NYJ

D Hobkins vs Bal

J Mattews @ WAS

pick one

i love Hou but Buf is a good play Too

HOU vs Bal

BUF @ Oak

WW DEF

GB @ TB

NYG @ STL

How worried are you about Denver's passing game this week, in particular, Sanders? Enough to start Douglas or Moncrief (assuming Julio and TY are out), or Watkins over him?

Thanks for the help....Looking good in my big money league, made the championship, hoping to walk away with $2k after this weekend.

Need to pick two WRs. Can you give me a suggestion for scenarios where Julio can and can't go, my choices are Josh Gordon, Roddy White, Harry Douglas, Martavis Bryant.

Congrats on making it this far all!

Mr. Bloom, thank you for your time. 12-team 2QB, 4pt passing TD league - 2nd QB spot: RGIII vs PHI or Kyle Orton @OAK?

I just read TY Hilton is unlikely to play. Who do you like better, Gates or Fleener?

FJax, JStew or AJG at flex? Non-ppr

Panthers or Dolphins D?

Well, since I'm spinning in circles again, I have returned to you for advice.

0.5 PPR.

Start 3 WR: Gordon, Julio (so shaky), Harry Douglas (if Julio doesn't go), Vincent Jackson, Torrey Smith, Moncrief (with Hilton out)

Start 2 RB: Forte (can't really bench him), Crowell, Sims (could get a lot of PPR looks if GB goes up early)

Thank you sir!

My SB team has S Hauschka as my kicker should i stick with him

or WW K

J Tucker @ Hou

D Bailey vs IND

Pick one def third team

Car vs Cle

Den @ Cin

Mia vs Min

Eli or McCown?

do you play Julio if he suits up? Harry Douglas, Andre Johnson, or Josh Gordon if he doesn't. standard scoring

Hi Sig, first off, thanks for helping me get to title week :)

I have virtually the same question this week, need two RBs from Miller, Latavious Murray, J-Stew, Vereen, or Herron

Thanks again!

Hey Sigmund, Thanks for the advice from you and the rest of the Footballguys staff and helping me get to the SB!
Please check my team below and advise on any changes that you would start/BN. Non PPR, 2 Flex spots, no TE required. The first 7 listed are who I am leaning on starting. The major decision for me is on what to do about Randle. If Murry plays, do I still roll with Randle or swap him out. And for who?

Aaron Rodgers QB - @TB

LeSean McCoy RB - @WAS

Fred Jackson RB - @OAK

Jordy Nelson WR - @TB

Demaryius Thomas WR - @CIN

R/W/T
Joseph Randle RB - IND

R/W/T
C.J. Anderson RB - @CIN

Connor Barth K - @CIN

Philadelphia Eagles D/ST - @WAS

BN
Eli ManningQB - @STL

BN
Isaiah CrowellRB - @CAR

BN
Knile DavisRB - @PIT

BN
Josh GordonWR - @CAR

BN
Donte MoncriefWR - @DAL

BN
Mike WallaceWR - MIN

Projections look for a close game.

Need to pick between Harry Douglas or Torrey Smith in non PPR assuming Julio SITS. Thanks!

Hey Bloom, happy holidays and championship week. 2 quick questions with some vagaries to them (otherwise I'd just be looking at your rankings!):

1. Like some have already asked, I have Murray and Randle, but also have good depth. My other RBs that I would start in their place are Lynch, Ingram, and Joique Bell (non-PPR). Even if Murray plays, would you start him over one of those three? And if he doesn't, would you bench one of them for Randle? I want to dance with the one that brought me, but dancing with a broken hand is tough...

2. For my flex spot in a PPR league, I have to choose between:

Julio Jones

Harry Douglas

Brandon Lafell

Josh Gordon

Sammy Watkins

Joseph Randle (I guess)

Could you tell me who you'd play if Julio goes, and who you prefer if Julio doesn't go? I just worry about him being used as a decoy, and might lean towards neither him nor Douglas if he's on the field...

Thanks again for all your help and good luck in your championship games!

Thanks for the help last week.

1 point PPR flex:

Benjamin vs Browns. Less risk especially if Haden isn't playing or plays hurt.

DeMarco vs Colts. Risky but with much more upside if he plays the whole game.

Thanks!

Hey Bloom. Champ week is here. Mine and other guy's teams are relatively close. Eli or RG3? And need a non-ppr flex between - crow, josh Gordon, Harry Douglas (if Julio doesn't play) and Asiata. Thanks for the help.

I am considering benching McCoy for Mason this week, or possibly Jonathan Stewart. What do you think?

Also, would you flex out Cobb or flex one of the above rbs?

Start which two WR's? PPR, extra points for long touchdowns.

0-10 yards - 6pts

11-29 y - 9pts

30-49 y - 12 pts

50+ - 15 pts

1 pt per 10 yards starting at 50 yards.

Gordon

Boldin

Stedman Bailey

Thanks!

Hi Bloom 1pt ppr Orton or Flacco? Need WR Torrey, Benjemin, Lafell? If Demarco out A Williams or Randle? If Demarco in play him?

Finals week is here and I am facing a Gronk team (2nd round) vs my Graham team (1st round) so TE early has paid off.

Need some help with RB and Flex in 0.5 PPR finals, basically pick two RBs and Flex from leftover RBs and WR.

QB - Andrew Luck

RB - Jeremy Hill ??

RB - ??

WR - Antonio Brown

WR - Dez Bryant

TE - Jimmy Graham

Flex - ??

RB Options - Jeremy Hill, Isaiah Crowell, Andre Williams, Chris Ivory, Lance Dunbar (only if no Murray)

WR Flex Options - Dante Moncreif, Pierre Garcon

Hello Mr Bloom, and thank you for your help all season wrong. I'm in the Big Game non ppr league

QB Luck

RB Ingram

RB Blount, Gray, Morris, Gore

Wr Dez

Wr Stills, Landry, Douglas (He has Tannehill starting over Rivers)

Te Graham

Flex (Rb or Wr you left out)

Thank you again!! Have a Happy Holiday Season!!!

Non-PPR receiving yards worth more than rushing

Starting:

Brees

LeVeon Bell

DeMarco Murry (I have Randle in case he doesn't go)

ODB

Gronk

Need a flex from:

Josh Gordon, Tre Mason, Moncrief, Mike Wallace, Jarvis Landry, Malcom Floyd

I want to start Gordon thinking that he HAS to get something this week. Considering waiting for the late games and see how Gronk, Brees and Bell do and see if I need upside Moncrief (or TY out) or sure carries with Mason (but needs a TD). I am the favorite going in.

Thoughts?

If TY out, Moncrief, Jonas Gray or Josh Gordon at flex? Have Demaryius and Dez 0.5ppr

1. need to pick 3 in a full point PPR

Fred Jackson @ OAK

J. Bell @ Chicago

J. Hill vs DEN

Tre mason vs NYG

Demarco Murray/Joseph randle vs INDY

Josh Gordon @ CAR

Charles Johnson @MIA

Currently have f-jax, bell, and hill in. Not sure how you feel at the moment about Murray but I really like the other 3 guys matchups/opps. Actually would rather throw mason in than Murray. Is that as crazy as it sounds?

2. I currently have Sanchez over Manziel and cam. Would you swap him out for Newton?? I like the matchup for Sanchez on Saturday.

3. Sorry to be so greedy but if TY sits, would you roll out josh Gordon or Charles Johnson in his place?

Ahhhhhhh

Thanks for your help sig, don't think I'd be in the ship without you.
DAL RB over mason

sanchez

gordon

"Neurosis is the inability to tolerate ambiguity"

My man! I am projected to win 141-130, so I'm really trying to avoid any duds. 1QB, 3WR, 3RB, 1TE PPR

WR3 - Gordon or Stills?

RB2 - J Hill, McCoy or Randle?

QB - Sanchez or R. Wilson?

I've reviewed your rankings and the matchup commentary, but your insight is very much appreciated.
stills

mccoy

sanchez

I'm in the finals for my PPR league!

Pick one WR and two flexes: Jeremy Hill, Roddy White, Harry Douglas, Mike Wallace, Joseph Randle (can you answer both assuming Murray is active and inactive?)

For context:
My lineup:
QB: Sanchez
RB: Le'Veon Bell
RB: Fjax
WR: Sanders
WR: Beckham
WR: ???
TE: Jimmy Graham
Flex: ???
Flex: ???
K: Parkey
D/ST: Jags (12.0)

His lineup:
QB: Brees
RB: Forte
RB: Ingram
WR: Jeffery
WR: Decker
WR: Marqise Lee (10.5)
TE: Delanie Walker (9.4)
Flex: CJ Anderson
Flex: Olsen
K: Vinatieri
D/ST: Chicago (I stole all the streaming D's last week and he had Cinci/TB who play Den/GB)

Thanks for all the help this year!

Edit to include points from Thursday's game.
white douglas hill - randle over hill if murray is out (i think murray plays)

League 1 (0.5 PPR)
2 RB, 1 Flex, 1 TE

Joique Bell v CHI
Mark Ingram v ATL
Jeremy Hill v DEN

Josh Gordon v CAR

Mychal Rivera v BUF
Kyle Rudolph v MIA

League 2 (0.5 PPR)
1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR , 1 Flex

Tony Romo v IND
Ben Roethlisberger v KC