What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 16 Sunday AM Questions for Bloom (1 Viewer)

I'm in the finals for my PPR league!

Pick one WR and two flexes: Jeremy Hill, Roddy White, Harry Douglas, Mike Wallace, Joseph Randle (can you answer both assuming Murray is active and inactive?)

For context:
My lineup:
QB: Sanchez
RB: Le'Veon Bell
RB: Fjax
WR: Sanders
WR: Beckham
WR: ???
TE: Jimmy Graham
Flex: ???
Flex: ???
K: Parkey
D/ST: Jags (12.0)

His lineup:
QB: Brees
RB: Forte
RB: Ingram
WR: Jeffery
WR: Decker
WR: Marqise Lee (10.5)
TE: Delanie Walker (9.4)
Flex: CJ Anderson
Flex: Olsen
K: Vinatieri
D/ST: Chicago (I stole all the streaming D's last week and he had Cinci/TB who play Den/GB)

Thanks for all the help this year!

Edit to include points from Thursday's game.
white douglas hill - randle over hill if murray is out (i think murray plays)
Should Sanders's illness change anything? Based on everything I've read, I'm planning on sticking with Sanders. I picked up Caldwell as a "handcuff" but the thought of potentially having to play Caldwell is horrifying. Can you ask Dr. Jene about Sanders during the hangout tomorrow morning?

Also, I'm not sure if your original answer assumed Julio would be active or inactive. If Julio is active, is Douglas still a better play than Wallace?
i would probably go wallace in that event

Obligatory detailed DeMarco Murray question, just because it has more to do with risk/reward strategy than a simple A>B question:

Standard scoring (1 per 10 yards, 6 per TD, no PPR)
Start 2RB/2WR or 1RB/3WR

RB roster by gametime:

1:00 - Lamar Miller
4:30 - DeMarco Murray/Joseph Randle, Fred Jackson, Latavius Murray, Boom Herron, (Toby Gerhart locked)
WR options: Dez Bryant, Roddy White, Marques Colston

With it looking like DeMarco will likely be a go, I feel more comfortable than I might otherwise have been in rolling the dice to wait for Fred Jackson and DeMarco together, knowing that I could go Randle (or Latavius/Boom) if DM is surprisingly out. But many think Lamar Miller is a better play than F-Jax, which makes it appealing to go ahead and play Lamar at 1, and then if bad DeMarco news comes out, slot F-Jax in instead. That would also cover any late worries that DeMarco might give way to a severely limited workload even if he's active.

I'm torn. DeMarco got me here so I want to ride him to a championship. But I also want to be smart. Playing it safe isn't always smart, though! Tough call...

1) Lamar at 1, DeMarco at 4 (FJax emergency)
2) Fred at 4, DeMarco at 4 (Randle/Latavius/Boom emergency)
3) 3 WR (Dez/Roddy/Colston), DeMarco at RB (Fred emergency)

Also, I just wanted to say thanks for all of your answers and insight throughout the season. I'm going for back-to-back titles going "The Full Bloom!" Thank you for your hard work, and responsiveness to us fans. Happy holidays!

Last edited by a moderator:
12 team ... 1/2 point ppr for WR/TE

My normal starters are Murray and Hilton (3:25)

I only have 12:00 alternatives. Asiata, Landry, and Hopkins. I guess Latimer is an emergency (Monday).

I was thinking of playing the middle and going with Asiata and Murray.

Any thoughts?

With news that TY is going to play and Blount out rethinking my line up.

0.5 PPR

RB - I Crowell, A Williams, J Gray, C Ivory

Flex - Leftover RB or D Moncreif

Thanks!

Sigmund,

I have been listening and reading you and Cecil for about 8 years. I love listening to you guys. You crack me up on my drive to work plus have excellent insight. This is my first post.

2 questions: SuperBowl: 1 pt ppr superflex league.

#1) Need to pick 4 of these 5.

CJ Anderson

Leveon Bell

Beckham JR.

Calvin Johnson

Jordy Nelson

Whom do I sit?

#2) Hurting at TE: Cook or Clay?

Thanks and good luck in your super bowls!!!!
thanks for the kind words, id sit anderson

clay

Sanders getting me nervous... I have him in 2 leagues. Would you make either of those choices?

1) In NonPPR league, start Vjax over Sanders?

2) 0.5 PPR league, start Josh Gordon over Sanders?

thank you!

Hi Sig,

Like everyone else posting in this thread, it's nitty gritty time. I needed to win my last two games to get in and and two more to get here. I'm crediting the good luck charm of you adding your two cents to my lineup decisions...that and having CJ and ODB on my team has helped out also. So first of all thanks for your previous responses these past few weeks.

As in previous weeks, my only real decision comes down to my second running back spot. The choices are Tre Mason and Jeremy Hill.

My opponent will have Sanchez, McCoy, and Parkey going against me on Saturday, so I'm in a bit of a hole. Could have been worse I guess if Parkey had made those two field goals.

If you think it matters, the rest of my opponents team is Dez, DeMarco (FJax if DeMarco is out), DeAndre Hopkins, AJ Green and Buff D.

The rest of my team: Brees, CJ Anderson, Demaryius, ODB, Gronk, Indy D, and Bullock.

I'll have Bree's, Gronk, and Bullock trying to close the gap a bit this morning. Depending on how they do, I may need to swing for the fences.

Which one should I look at if I:

1. Need a huge game (in other words who has a better chance at multiple scores)

2. Looking more at a floor or to hold serve.

Once again, really appreciate your efforts and looking forward to the final Sunday morning hangout. For the record, I think having the video adds a lot.

Thanks again, and good luck in your quest for a title or titles as the case may be...

Good Morning Sig,

Please pick two for flex..... PPR... Fitz against Sea with new QB scares me.

J Gray

D Martin

C Sims

M Wilson

A Hawkins

L Fitzgerald

Thanks!!!

On the 1-10 confidence meter scale (1 being least confident) ..... confidence in Sanders being effective Mon night.

I have to choose between Sanders and Moncrief (TD heavy league)

Got a real bad situation here, Sig. I have Hilton and Sanders, but my backups are 1pm games. I'm convinced I should bench Hilton, but what about Sanders? Anyway, here are my WRs: please pick two:

Hilton

Sanders

Douglas

Stills

Nicks

C. Johnson

Please help!!

Still Fighting this even as I'm listening...PPR league Julio, Gordon or Douglas...need some upside and been leaning Gordon but latest info has be thinking Julio because of Manzel

BLUF:

PPR

Julio

Gordon

Douglas

Non-PPR redraft, championship game--which will be close. Must start 3 WRs.

WR1 Megatron, need 2 more of: V. Jackson, K. Stills, Andre Johnson, D. Moncrief

Which 2?

Hi Sig and congrats to all who are in the finals!

Would you go with with Demarco Vereen or TMason in a PPR?

Non-ppr flex

Jeremy Hill or Mike Evans or Joique Bell

Seems like it should be Hill, but have been leaning Evans.

With Julio looking likely to play, flex in a standard, non-PPR league:

Roddy White OR Crowell OR Doug Martin?

Hey Sig, pick two in a non-PPR for the riiiiiiing :

DeMarco

Dis Mah Son

Jeremy Hill

Jonas Gray

Thanks!!!

Mr D

Value your opinion...

12 team PPR

Need 1 RB and 1 Flex out of:

Jeremy Hill
Mike Asiata
Latavius Murray
Josh Gordon
Greg Olsen
Dan Herron
Dante Moncrief

I currently have Hill and Asiata going.

PPR with bonus for 50 yard TDs

My team. - HIs

Rodgers - Alex Smith

J Bell. - Lynch

D Thomas - A Brown

Beckham. - Sanders

Flex - Roddy

Graham. - Donnell

Bailey. Haushska

Car. Det

Mason vs NYG

Gordon at Car

Hill vs Denver

Sig,

TD Heavy Scoring...Pick 2

A. Williams

J. Jones

Harry Douglas

I. Crowell

S. Vereen

Thanks!

hey Bloom, with Hayden out, Benjamin or Golden Tate in a PPR league? Thanks and good luck today!!!

Good morning Sig.

Need you to pick 2 RBs, 1 WR, and a FLEX from the following options in a PPR league:

RBs: Forte, Ingram, Lamar Miller, Tre Mason

WRs: Roddy White, Kenny Stills, Donte Moncrief

I'm down 5 points heading into today with 8 players left to play. My opponent started Zach Ertz, so I may need some upside to dig my way out of this hole.

Thanks.

Who's most flexible today?

Jeremy Hill in a tough match up with Denver

Latavius Murray home vs Buffalo

Josh Gordon at Carolina (does he finally flash in 2014?)

Or some of the rest - Percy Harvin, Mike Wallace, Dwayne Allen (likely no Hilton and my opponent has Luck)

Last question for the fantasy football season (*tear...)

Pick one in non-ppr league:

Emmanuel Sanders vs. CIN

Jeremy Hill vs. DEN

Lamar Miller vs. Min

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Thanks for the counsel re: Rivers v. Orton/Newton yesterday, Sig. Looking at an RB 2 and Flex -

PPR; 1 pt/10 yds/ 6 pt/TD.

Choosing from:

Hilton

Mason

Herron

Crowell

Kelce

Randle.

Ugh, one more last second question... I just don't know what to think about this situation!

Pick 1 (PPR): Demarco Murray, Matt Asiata, Jonathan Stewart, Tre Mason (CJ Anderson is other RB)

Many, many thanks, again!

Users who are viewing this thread