What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 2 Waiver Wire Gem (1 Viewer)

How much are you guys bidding on Donnell in FFPC scoring (1.5 pts per reception for TEs)?

Eli looked his way quite a bit, and they made it a point of emphasis to target him in the red zone.

Is he worth 20-25% of the cap?

Quick is available, but I took Hunter...no faith in Rams WRs.
Hunter has SO much more upside.
Not really. Quick has elite tools, he just has a crappy QB situtation.
Which isn't liable to improve significantly anytime soon, over the course of which Hunter will have more overall value (from both a performance and trade standpoint).
Then I guess you haven't seen Quick this pre-season and his first game. Completely different player.

I think Quick has been underrated in waiver wire terms this week. We have seen clear #1 targets be fantasy viable in crappy offenses and Quick looks to me like he's basically the guy there (pending Bailey impressing).

thoughts on Richard Rodgers, rookie TE from GB? That's my claim.

i know TE is a tough position to learn, but the kid is starting tonight. The starting TE in a good offense has got to be worth something, right?
Does your league give points for blocking?
I like the Rodgers pick - GB had to go with Quarles considering the D they were facing. I expect Rodgers to make a splash soon.
Don't forget about Brandon Bostick who could return this week and is their most accomplished receiving TE by most reports...
Returned to practice today... also, this ESPN report from Monday mentioned a Richard Rogers neck injury after which he only played 3 snaps (left the game, returned in the second half, and left for good after the 3 snaps).

Also, at TE, Garrett Graham returned to practice for Houston... was the move TE in O'Brien's offense all offseason.

Which isn't liable to improve significantly anytime soon, over the course of which Hunter will have more overall value (from both a performance and trade standpoint).
Then I guess you haven't seen Quick this pre-season and his first game. Completely different player.
Your comments about Quick have me intrigued. I had given up on him. What have you seen that gives you such hope?

Your comments about Quick have me intrigued. I had given up on him. What have you seen that gives you such hope?
Just a completely different player. He is no longer thinking where he needs to be and what he needs to do. He finally gets it. The light switch has turned on

Benjamin is his team's undisputed #1, and he's shown the ability to make catches even when well-covered. Cooks had the benefit of no Stills last week. On balance, I prefer Benjamin - but I think this is the minority opinion.

SengerCJ said:
Do you guys like Benjamin or Cooks more?
Seriously a coin flip in my opinion - they're both going to be studs. Cooks has Drew Brees throwing to him, but I think Benjamin will have more TDs over his career, but you really can't go wrong with either.

Last edited by a moderator:
RushHour said:
I think Quick has been underrated in waiver wire terms this week. We have seen clear #1 targets be fantasy viable in crappy offenses and Quick looks to me like he's basically the guy there (pending Bailey impressing).
I agree. If Quick scored a TD, people might be more intrigued. But I look at the targets, and that speaks to opportunity. Plus the fact that Austin shows little signs of being a go-to receiver.

RushHour said:
I agree. If Quick scored a TD, people might be more intrigued. But I look at the targets, and that speaks to opportunity. Plus the fact that Austin shows little signs of being a go-to receiver.
Austin's role isn't to be a go-to WR. He's a gadget player. Quick and Britt are the go-to guys, and so it TE Cook.

ceejee said:
footballman_696969 said:
How much are you guys bidding on Donnell in FFPC scoring (1.5 pts per reception for TEs)?

Eli looked his way quite a bit, and they made it a point of emphasis to target him in the red zone.

No.
Disagree, go for it.

ceejee said:
footballman_696969 said:

No.
Disagree, go for it.
I wanted to respond before WWs had processed but didn't. I disagree as well. Although I didn't win Donnell anywhere, I was willing to spend 7-10% of my budget and it was clearly not enough. It looks to me that Donnell was getting work in between the 20s as a safety valve AND work in the RZ. I'm used to seeing Eli throw the back shoulder fade to Nicks in the RZ and it seems Donnell has a shot of taking over that role. IMO there's definitely value here, especially in leagues where TEs command a premium. 20% isn't crazy at all.

I'd like to pick up Hurns, but our benches aren't that deep and I'd pretty much have to drop M Jones-Drew to pick him up.

I already have Forte, C. Johnson, R. Matthews and Crowell at RB, so I don't know how much time MJD will see (especially based on last week), but I also already have AJ Green, Jeffery, Michael Floyd and B. Cooks at WR, so Hurns isn't really a necessity either. What's going to serve me better long term? Torn here.

Hurns or MJD?

I'd like to pick up Hurns, but our benches aren't that deep and I'd pretty much have to drop M Jones-Drew to pick him up.

I already have Forte, C. Johnson, R. Matthews and Crowell at RB, so I don't know how much time MJD will see (especially based on last week), but I also already have AJ Green, Jeffery, Michael Floyd and B. Cooks at WR, so Hurns isn't really a necessity either. What's going to serve me better long term? Torn here.

Hurns or MJD?
No brainer for me. Hurns. Here is the a recent take on MJD from the fallible Rotoworld:

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/3596/maurice-jones-drew

CSN Bay Area's Fallon Smith reports Maurice Jones-Drew suffered a hand injury Week 1 against the Jets and underwent a "procedure" on Monday.

Smith adds that Jones-Drew is "not expected to miss much time, if any." MJD played 30 snaps to Darren McFadden's 27 in the opener, and the two combined for 44 yards on 16 touches. Jones-Drew looked like he's just about done at 29 years old. Avoid playing him this week against the Texans, even if he does suit up. We wouldn't be shocked if Latavius Murray makes starts in 2014.

Hurns or MJD?
No brainer for me. Hurns. Here is the a recent take on MJD from the fallible Rotoworld:

CSN Bay Area's Fallon Smith reports Maurice Jones-Drew suffered a hand injury Week 1 against the Jets and underwent a "procedure" on Monday.

Smith adds that Jones-Drew is "not expected to miss much time, if any." MJD played 30 snaps to Darren McFadden's 27 in the opener, and the two combined for 44 yards on 16 touches. Jones-Drew looked like he's just about done at 29 years old. Avoid playing him this week against the Texans, even if he does suit up. We wouldn't be shocked if Latavius Murray makes starts in 2014.

Source: Fallon Smith on Twitter
Yea, I didn't see the Oakland game, but MJD's stat line wasn't very impressive to say the least. I guess an older guy like MJD on a piss poor team like the Raiders isn't going to impress much. I just want to make sure I'm not giving up on him too early I guess.

Oh, word that MJD broke his hand prompted me to grab Latavius Murray in deeper leagues. Guy has great measurables, would like to see him get a chance to put it together.

Hurns or MJD?

Source: Fallon Smith on Twitter
Yea, I didn't see the Oakland game, but MJD's stat line wasn't very impressive to say the least. I guess an older guy like MJD on a piss poor team like the Raiders isn't going to impress much. I just want to make sure I'm not giving up on him too early I guess.
He looked better than the stat line indicated and had a loss of 11 yards that made it look worse than it was. 8 for 22 without that carry. It sounds like an excuse a Richardson supporter would make but there wasn't much for him.

Oh, word that MJD broke his hand prompted me to grab Latavius Murray in deeper leagues. Guy has great measurables, would like to see him get a chance to put it together.
He was running Seattle over in their preseason game this year, looked pretty good.
Carr looked like a young Dan Marino against Seattle in the 4th preseason which is further proof that the 4th preseason game means ####-all when evaluating talent.If you did evaluations based upon preseason game #4 then you would have expected Aaron Rodgers to be the #1 fantasy QB last week and also expected Derek Carr to have something better than, a worse than Joey Harrington, 4.7 yards per attempt @ the Jets. But neither of those things happened because preseason game #4 means ####-all.

Who should the WW RB pickup be for this week .. Terrence West or Justin Forsett?

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

Who should the WW RB pickup be for this week .. Terrence West or Justin Forsett?

West, but that's pure upside since I would not play either this week unless desperate. I'll probably own no shares of the Ravens RBs at any point this season because on any given week they could decide to give Flacco 60 attempts in a game the opponent scores only FG in. That to me means that you cannot trust the running game on a weekly basis and I could not imagine starting one unless I have a ton of injuries during the bye weeks

I like West in the immediate future because he's the starter vs. NO though Crowell will toting the ball too and there's a blurb on Rotoworld where the CLE coach says Crowell is the power back. Even after Tate returns in 2-4 weeks West likely will be relevant because Tate is brittle as heck.

Forsett has been debated and championed on this board for years dating back to SEA. He's never really met expectations -- last week was probably one of his best games. He's small and almost 30. Pierce and Taliaferro are in the picture.

Keep an eye on Dion Lewis, who just signed with the Colts. With TRich underwhelming still and Bradshaw brittle, Lewis could sneak up on people. I don't know if I'd sign him unless I had a deep bench, but I'd watch list him for sure.

I don't know if Benny Cunningham is on many WWs or not; he is in several of my leagues and also is worth a pickup if you have room.

I think it was Yahoo that stated about 17 WR's had huge week 1's in 2012 and 2013 - all 17 failed to be in the top 24 WR's by end of season.

Glad I read this. I have always like Murray but didn't connect the dots on this. Good looking out!
I really like Murray, but with MJD and DMac both ahead of him, I'm doubtful Murray gets any meaningful carries any time soon.

I think it was Yahoo that stated about 17 WR's had huge week 1's in 2012 and 2013 - all 17 failed to be in the top 24 WR's by end of season.
So you're saying this Calvin Johnson fella is probably a flash in the pan, huh? :lol:

In all seriousness, that is an interesting statistic. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread