What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 6 waiver wire? (1 Viewer)

If you had a shot at the following in Non-PPR, as a bye week plug, who do you pick up:

M. Wilson

J. Crowder

T. Montgomery

S. Diggs
I'd rank it Diggs, Crowder, Montgomery, Wilson. I like Crowder a lot, but he'll be competing with Garcon and likely DJax for targets. There are no other WRs in Minny who look particularly good, and they seem to have a history of mid-season WRs emerging (just make sure you avoid overdrafting him next year).
I think it's close on Diggs and Crowder - both guys have to fight quite a bit for targets. In Minny, Wallace has been playing well, and Rudolph has been quiet but also a threat for targets. Also can't rule out the possibility that Charles Johnson re-emerges.

Net/net, I think Diggs can carve out a bigger role than Crowder when DJax (and presumably Reed) return, but on the other hand Washington will throw the ball more than Minnesota will. Tough call.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you had a shot at the following in Non-PPR, as a bye week plug, who do you pick up:

M. Wilson

J. Crowder

T. Montgomery

S. Diggs
I'm gonna take a shot at this.

Short term, on this list, and maybe even going forward...I like Ty Montgomery. He's got the best QB to throw to him and he's getting involved more, which means more red zone looks and overall scoring chances. I don't think James Jones can keep up the pace, and see Monty emerging here as the season goes on.

Again short term, I have Crowder as 2nd best option, because Cousins has trust in him and he makes the tough contested catches like an old pro and moves the chains. I doubt his targets will take much of a hit even if Desean comes back.

Wilson should be solid, but I have him 3rd, only because I don't trust the Bears to game plan for Wilson at the expense of their stud TE Bennett. At least not expecting that to be the typical gameplan. I'd expect Wilson to regress some.

Long term, I like Diggs the best, but short term I like him the least. It comes down to how much do I trust Teddy and I don't trust him much at all. Teddy spreads the ball around too much to make any WR a quality start other maybe Wallace. As a dynasty add, Diggs is a must.

M. Wilson

J. Crowder

T. Montgomery

S. Diggs
I'm in the same boat. I've missed out on all the decent waiver adds so far, either picking the wrong guy or being to far down in the waiver order. Last week I grabbed Ruben Randle instead of Snead, I should've known better. I'm really hoping one of these guys hits. My gut tells me Crowder, but I'm really liking Diggs and might just end up going for him.

Charles Johnson got dropped. Still take a punt on Diggs over Johnson?

And I didn't know that was the same Harris from the Cowboys. He's not a scrub?

badbart said:
I like the Marquess Wilson call. Another WR I'm adding to my watch list and maybe adding is NY Giants Dwayne Harris. He stepped in for OBJ and Randle in the 4th quarter of last nights game against SF when both went down to hammy injuries. Harris caught 6 for 72 yards on eight targets. Latest news on Randle is that his injury is considered serious. Harris could have a starting role going forward.
Sound logic, but Harris had so many drops in earlier action as the de facto WR3 that I'd be wary of using him as a fantasy starter even if he starts for New York.
Harris was "Mr. Hands" throughout his college career (and he was a QB in high school). Not sure why he looked so rusty unless it is because Dallas never used him as a WR. Players with bad hands don't get jobs as top-notch return men in college and especially not in the NFL. If he gets a starting gig he could be very good (one of the best YAC guys I ever saw in college and I watched almost every game). And he is a beast blocking (which old-school coaches like TC love).
I think Arodin must be confusing Harris with Preston Parker. Harris did not have a lot of drops in earlier action. Parker did. You are right in that Harris has great hands, and he was very good during his college days at East Carolina. I'm not sure why Dallas mainly just used him as a returner. Maybe the Giants will get better usage out of his talents.

SoBeDad said:
BobbyLayne said:
shady inc said:
devante parker going to blow up soon?
nope
He could have some good games with Tannehill at some point, but Tannehill doesn't get the ball downfield accurately. So maybe next year if the Dolphins get blown up.
I'd be willing to bet that Parker's name is going to pop up with some real frequency in either the week 7 or week 8 waiver wire thread.

dont' like those drops at all. I'm not saying this in hindsight, but I'd drop hillman over crow any day. Cleve offense is clicking and you're a duke injury away from rb2 numbers, and he could be a flex play at times too.
I do see where you are coming from. But I also think Hillman has value, but even moreso 2-3 days ago after what the coaching was saying recently about him getting more work.

(Note- today didn't help any of our opinions on Hillman, if anything it makes my drop look worse)

As far as the injury guessing is concerned, I .....like you, do try and anticipate what would happen.

But in a few ways I think Hillman has far more potential if a CJ Anderson occurs, than if a Duke injury occurs and I still rostered Crowell. Don't forget Turbin is looming and getting healthy.

I think you can also say that if CJ Anderson got injured, that Hillman should be expected a similar RB2 output, with much higher upside.

Sooner or later the Broncos will get some semblance of a running game going, and I'd much rather have the back on a Manning led team (even if Manning is declining) than someone on the Browns.

We may well be looking at close to the best the Browns can muster at RB currently, while thats certainly not the case with Denver.

Also note that Duke Johnson had been progressing in recent weeks, and seemed to be battling for more work, before today's decent Crow output that is.

I admit, that especially after today, that Crow has more immediate Flex value. But the truth is he won't see either of my lineups, barring a bizarre amount of injuries.

(Had Hillman not dropped his TD today, then it might not have even been a discussion)

If he hadn't, he may be the fully recognized bellcow in Denver by the time of this posting.

What it boiled down to in my mind, was that I had to drop someone to pick up West.

I was down to "who could be the biggest lottery ticket?", not necessarily current value, if you get my drift.

Hell I may regret it, who knows... LOL.

Appreciate the opinions as always Deamon. :yes:

TZM
I do not see how Denvers running game improves. Manning cannot throw the ball down the field very well. His arm strength is terrible. Seems like teams can cheat the safeties up a lot these days.
I think I saw a stat that Manning has the 4th most passes of 20+ yards downfield this year. They are fine between the 20's, terrible in the red zone.

Nobody likes tamme?
I think there's a lot to like between the match-up and Julio/Hankerson dealing with injuries. NO is giving up the 4th most points (19.5 PPG in PPR) to TEs this year.
yeah I'm thinking about streaming him. I know this sounds stupid but only thing stopping me is it being a Thursday game. Nothing like staring at a 0 in your TE slot all weekend

Nobody likes tamme?
I think there's a lot to like between the match-up and Julio/Hankerson dealing with injuries. NO is giving up the 4th most points (19.5 PPG in PPR) to TEs this year.
yeah I'm thinking about streaming him. I know this sounds stupid but only thing stopping me is it being a Thursday game. Nothing like staring at a 0 in your TE slot all weekend
Aside from SD vs. GB (51) and NE vs. IND (55), this game has the 2nd highest o/u (51) of the week. Given all the variables (injuries, match-up, high o/u) I find it hard to believe he'll drop a goose egg. Honestly, 8-10 points in PPR seems like the worst case scenario barring injury. I quite literally don't have a TE1 in one league and will very likely go with Tamme.

BigSteelThrill said:
SproutDaddy said:
Rawls just dropped. Thinking about picking him up.
Certainly a solid flyer to have on your roster right now.
Joins the rare group of guys to put up 169 yards and a TD only to get dropped a couple days later. I'd like to see the roster of that team...

Any completed waivers reports on how high the bidding for Charcandrick West went? I know most people had their waivers run last night, but mine runs tonight. I'm nowhere near the top of my league in terms of FAAB, but I'm willing to throw all 58% of what I have remaining at him.

Any completed waivers reports on how high the bidding for Charcandrick West went? I know most people had their waivers run last night, but mine runs tonight. I'm nowhere near the top of my league in terms of FAAB, but I'm willing to throw all 58% of what I have remaining at him.
$100 budget in redraft. Three different leagues 1/2 PPR, 4 PT bonus at 100 yards, start 2 RB's and RB flex in all:$35, $27, $26

I was the guy that got him for $26 in one league. The guy who won him for $35 is not usually hot on the wire.

75%

Three different leagues 1/2 PPR, 4 PT bonus at 100 yards, start 2 RB's and RB flex in all:

$35, $27, $26

I was the guy that got him for $26 in one league. The guy who won him for $35 is not usually hot on the wire.
What % of season budgets are those bids based on?

Three different leagues 1/2 PPR, 4 PT bonus at 100 yards, start 2 RB's and RB flex in all:

$35, $27, $26

What % of season budgets are those bids based on?
I think it's safe to assume based on $100 season budgets.

Pretty good waiver run - nothing that's going to win a championship, but I covered the DEN/McManus bye with MIN/Brown, and stashed LaFell.

I commissh my long time redraft league and we switched to waivers based on Standings this year. We'll be switching back next year. Not much to look forward to when your priority is always 10, 11, 12...

M. Wilson

J. Crowder

T. Montgomery

S. Diggs

Short term, on this list, and maybe even going forward...I like Ty Montgomery. He's got the best QB to throw to him and he's getting involved more, which means more red zone looks and overall scoring chances. I don't think James Jones can keep up the pace, and see Monty emerging here as the season goes on.

Again short term, I have Crowder as 2nd best option, because Cousins has trust in him and he makes the tough contested catches like an old pro and moves the chains. I doubt his targets will take much of a hit even if Desean comes back.

Wilson should be solid, but I have him 3rd, only because I don't trust the Bears to game plan for Wilson at the expense of their stud TE Bennett. At least not expecting that to be the typical gameplan. I'd expect Wilson to regress some.

Long term, I like Diggs the best, but short term I like him the least. It comes down to how much do I trust Teddy and I don't trust him much at all. Teddy spreads the ball around too much to make any WR a quality start other maybe Wallace. As a dynasty add, Diggs is a must.
I just went with Diggs. Dropped Tevin Coleman as he just sits there on my bench. I liked what Wallace had to say about Stefon. Also, Ty is interesting, but what's the deal with Devante Adams and his ankle? Is Adams rosterable? Because he's available.

Mike Wallace says Vikings rookie wide receiver Stefon Diggs can be better than him

Team paid $91 in our 10 team league for West. I got Knile for $20
This is what I expect tonight. What good is my lousy $58 when there are 4 teams in the $90's? Oh well, at the end of the night I still have my $58 I guess. At least I won't have to second guess myself on my bid.

M. Wilson

J. Crowder

T. Montgomery

S. Diggs

I just went with Diggs. Dropped Tevin Coleman as he just sits there on my bench. I liked what Wallace had to say about Stefon. Also, Ty is interesting, but what's the deal with Devante Adams and his ankle? Is Adams rosterable? Because he's available.
A guy like Adams would not be available in my league because of deep rosters. That said, depending on how much you need a roster spot to cover a bye, you need to think twice about rostering Adams. If you picked up Diggs, you need to be starting him now instead of chasing points later.

M. Wilson

J. Crowder

T. Montgomery

S. Diggs

A guy like Adams would not be available in my league because of deep rosters. That said, depending on how much you need a roster spot to cover a bye, you need to think twice about rostering Adams. If you picked up Diggs, you need to be starting him now instead of chasing points later.
I just took the bait and drank the juice rostering Stefon Diggs, and D Adams also sits on my bench as I scour the waiver wire even more. Just have not heard much about Adam's injury. Seems like everyone is down on him and high on Ty?

I know it is tempting but dedicating your whole FAAB to West, who has 12 carries in his life and is challenged by veteran Knile Davis, is extremely risky. The smarter play is spending little and getting Davis IMHO.

I picked up Tamme and stashed ASJ. Debating picking up Lafell. Don't get the love for Diggs. I'd rather have DHarris or Crowder.

Momentum on Diggs seems to be building. I think Diggs (Charles Johnson), Montgomery (Adams) and Marquess Wilson (Royal/Alshon) all make good week 6 plays due to the injuries listed. Trying to determine which of these would most likely hold value when the injured player I listed returns. Leaning Diggs there as Charles Johnson has a limited track record.

He went for $916 of allotted $1000 blind bid budget. I talked it up that I was going big on him to drive the price. I think this guy was betting the farm with or without me jabbering though.

Just for kicks, I had second waiver priority..........

The "smart guy" owner that has #1 priority, had been texting me all week that he needs a WR.....wants a trade etc. etc. (even though I knew full well he is very thin at RB)

So i fire in a claim for West, knowing at #2 I should get him.

I check earlier and sure enough I get West, but the other "smart owner" that had the #1 claim gets KNILE DAVIS.

He absolutely would have told me if he was going to get an RB....or so I thought.

The only thing I can think of, is he was texting me a complete smokescreen and he decided to try and hide the fact he was going to take the Jamaal Charles handcuff.

Too bad for him the one to have will likely be West, which he didn't know. :excited:

I did see someone that had 11th priority, waste that on CALEB STURGIS . SMH.

TZM

I won him for $35 (out of $100 and had about $90 left) in one league (14 team league). I wasn't trying to win him (I'm pretty deep at RB as it is), but just thought I'd make sure he went for a decent amount. There's not much on the wire in 14 team leagues. I need to cover TE and DT byes in the next couple of weeks; my hope is to package him with someone else to try to land a stud and free up a roster spot.

I'm not so sure about all this "60-90% of FAAB on West" stuff....
I put in a bid of $61. If it hits, I plan to attempt to trade him immediately. Our league allows trades to include remaining FAAB, so I hope to get a solid RB2 with some waiver $$ thrown in to offset my high bid.

M. Wilson

J. Crowder

T. Montgomery

S. Diggs

I feel like the assumption running through a lot of these analyses is that the WR3 role in GB has value, but, even leaving aside their recent offensive woes, has that ever been true? IIRC, Jones' last big year was before Cobb really busted out, and for all the hype Adams got last year, his final numbers were nothing special. He had a few decent games, but I'm not sure there was ever a point where you could start him with confidence.

So if we assume there's only one viable WR spot after Cobb, are you really willing to bet that Montgomery will emerge as a WR2 over Jones, Adams and Janis? Also, while I agree with you that the whole Jones thing just seems crazy and unsustainable, there's some ridiculous stat Matthew Berry keeps citing where Jones has like 20 TDs in his last 25 games with Rodgers. At some point, it's time to stop wondering if it's "sustainable" and realize it's already been sustained.

Not picking on you in particular, just pushing back against the CW that the Packers' offense is so prolific, anyone who has a role in it has fantasy value. Historically, I don't see the evidence for that.

50% of total budget in one league.

Momentum on Diggs seems to be building. I think Diggs (Charles Johnson), Montgomery (Adams) and Marquess Wilson (Royal/Alshon) all make good week 6 plays due to the injuries listed. Trying to determine which of these would most likely hold value when the injured player I listed returns. Leaning Diggs there as Charles Johnson has a limited track record.
Bears fan here. The thing about Royal is he was originally signed to be the slot WR (With Alshon and White running on the outside). So there may be a chance that they keep Wilson as the WR2 and use Royal in the slot where he is most effective. Obviously there is a big difference between White and Wilson, but Wilson is much better suited to be on the outside due to his length and deep ball ability.

This is speculative, but then the question becomes who has more value? Bears WR2, Vikings WR2 or GB WR 3/4?

Got Charmander in one and Stefon Diggs as a FA. Probably stash Diggs in my other tonight but doubt I get Char since the Charles owner is ahead of me.

Bears fan here. The thing about Royal is he was originally signed to be the slot WR (With Alshon and White running on the outside). So there may be a chance that they keep Wilson as the WR2 and use Royal in the slot where he is most effective. Obviously there is a big difference between White and Wilson, but Wilson is much better suited to be on the outside due to his length and deep ball ability.

This is speculative, but then the question becomes who has more value? Bears WR2, Vikings WR2 or GB WR 3/4?
Thank you very much for the reply. Good stuff! When is Kevin White expected back? Thanks..

Users who are viewing this thread