What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 7 FAN DUEL (1 Viewer)

Nice 1pm win BSB! I missed the money by a fraction, but of my three 1pm LUs that was my worst. It still cashed its 5050s.

Overall 1pm 12/12 in 5050s and 2/2 gpp. Feels like last year again.
Thanks. I got lucky with Gurley and Miller. Only played that combo a couple of times...wish it was in the larger fields...oh well...glad to hear your having a good week. Wish I can find the magic from last year...mainly down this year...although I in the black this week if I can hold on.

I refuse to look. Ive got combinations of Luck/Brady, Gurley/Miller/ Woodhead, T.Y./ Moncrief/ Diggs/ Cardinal WRs still to come, with 100% STL defense and Gostkowski all over the place. Olson was my TE in most of them so its time to sweat.

Nice 1pm win BSB! I missed the money by a fraction, but of my three 1pm LUs that was my worst. It still cashed its 5050s.

Overall 1pm 12/12 in 5050s and 2/2 gpp. Feels like last year again.
Thanks. I got lucky with Gurley and Miller. Only played that combo a couple of times...wish it was in the larger fields...oh well...glad to hear your having a good week. Wish I can find the magic from last year...mainly down this year...although I in the black this week if I can hold on.
Well, that was just the 1pm slate, lol. This year has been nothing like last yr for me either. Still holding reservation on the rest of the open contests today/tomorrow.

Super heavy on the Rams Def helped a lot today. Gostkowski did his thing and I used Blair a bunch at 1pm. Whoever said this week will come down to kickers and D's was pretty spot on I think. Obviously there is more to it than that, but getting lucky with those picks this week was huge.

This was easily my heaviest played Thu-Mon slate of the year. I notice the cut lines are WAY lower than Sun-Mon. Is this attributed mostly to Gates being in lineups and better info come Sunday morning?

And they usual donks loading up on Thursday guys.
One of the reasons I went heavy was because of this, so Gurley and Freeman would be less owned. It wasn't as drastic as I thought with Lynch and Hyde. But I didn't look much at the other dumb plays. Love a good Thurs fade.

Last edited by a moderator:
I need Palmer, Fitz and Smith to come through for me tomorrow night. Freeman and Hopkins killed me this week and I didn't go as heavy on Gurley as I should have.

I refuse to look. Ive got combinations of Luck/Brady, Gurley/Miller/ Woodhead, T.Y./ Moncrief/ Diggs/ Cardinal WRs still to come, with 100% STL defense and Gostkowski all over the place. Olson was my TE in most of them so its time to sweat.
:thumbup: Good luck!

My gpp games are all screwed. My cash games I'm in the top 33%, but I was done this afternoon. They didn't move much for Sunday night, so maybe I'll still make something this week.

Very chalky week but I'm still doing good. Even survived the goose egg from Gates. (Thanks Rams defense) Hopefully Palmer has a big game to cap it off

Wadsworth said:
NixonMask said:
:thumbup: Good luck!
Thanks. This was my best weekend by a large margin but Im just going to miss out on big money and end of year tournament invites by either one WR or TE on a few rosters. Certainly cant complain though, I should comfortably cash all my GPPs on top of playing a larger than usual amount on double ups..

121.6 with Palmer going tonight

had Gates put up a big fat 0 but Rams covered me so looking good!! nice double up week

Best score I have so far is 180.. In 2nd place.. But kind of "wasted" since it is a $5 Double up and I didn't use it anywhere else :kicksrock:

Philip Rivers
Devonta Freeman
Todd Gurley
Nate Washington
Donte Moncrief
Julio Jones
Jason Witten
Stephen Gostkowski
St Louis Rams

need the Palmer + FitzGerald combo to come through tonight for the FBG Double up as I'm currently sitting at 118 there. :popcorn:

Alright, so I am hitting on 34/35 cash games on DK. I am hitting on 55/70 Cash games on FD with Fitz, palmer, and S. Smith going in almost all of them.

So upset with myself, FD, or my internet. I was going out to the movie today with the kids and made sure I changed all my LU's. I switched Gates out for Green around 11:30 since I figured he would get more playing time anyways. Turns out the change didnt go through for 15 LU's. If it would have I would have had a cashed no problem. Now I am sitting with those 15 LU's at 129 points and fairly positive they will not make the cut after tonights game. I know its not much but thats going to be $107 lost. Small change to most. But this could have easily been my best weekend with almost everything cashing.

Nailed one of my cash lineups -- 128 with Palmer and Fitz to go. The rest are iffy, all sitting in that 96-121 range with 1, 2, or 3 players to go. I figure 130 will be needed to catch any double ups, 135 to feel safe with most/all of them. Easily possible for all of my lineups, but only assured in 1. Likely I will rake with one, hit doubles and triples with another, and hit doubles with a 3rd.

Time to sweat... almost all my LUs have Palmer and Fitz to go. Slightly out of the money on my cash entries at 115/116, but thinking those two should push them up enough to score.

10 Survivor entries sitting at 93 points with Palmer/Fitz/Catanzaro... gonna be close. Other 35 are safe.

One LU at 147.5 with Palmer and Fitz... hit on the lucky combo of Gurley/Woodhead/Evans/Green/Gostkowksi/Rams. Too bad I only entered it in the $1 for GPPs, already in the cash for the 5x.

Played a 1 PM slate that scored me 172 and made a $30 profit.

My heavy plays were Thursday - Monday

My Rivers lineup is a 148 with Steve Smith left so that one is in good shape and should hit the quin and triple ups

My Newton lineups is at 102 with Fitz, Smith and Catanzaro left. If those 3 can get 40 I should cash most of them if they go big I can hit the trips and quints

My Palmer lineup is at 112 with Palmer and Fitz left. If those two put up 40 I should get the trips and maybe the quints.

Anyway, lots on the line for tonight as I have each of those lineups in 250 and 100 person leagues so if they go huge I could turn this into something nice. Good luck guys!

starting to like the Thursday slate but fade the game. noticed a bunch of the 50/50 entries are loaded with TNF players

starting to like the Thursday slate but fade the game. noticed a bunch of the 50/50 entries are loaded with TNF players
That's what I have been trying to do. The only thing with that is you have to take anyone who is questionable or misses that Thursday practice out of your lineup or risk a zero. So far it has worked out though as I have been up each week in my Thur-Mon plays. Just need Palmer, Fitz, Smith and the Constnzaro to come though.

Has anyone been "cycling" their Fanduel funds? Here's how it might work (and would cut the rake by about 2%):

1. Use a cash back or other rewards earning CC to deposit to FD. I've used a few different cards. One card (Citi AA Executive) triggered a fraud alert and I had to call in to confirm, but after that no issues.

2. You cannot immediately withdraw those funds but must "play through" them in order to withdraw. This is different than if you used a debit card or paypal balance -- which can be withdrawn without playing through. So if you deposit $1,000 using a CC and wager $300 this weekend, you could withdraw $300 next week.

3. Re-deposit to get another bonus from the CC.

So, if you deposit say $1,000 and "play through" all of it, you could withdraw it, and re-deposit whatever you want for the next round. However, I don't want to push the limit here and get my FD account suspended (actually did get my FD account suspended this summer about a week after depositing a large amount with CC and had to send in my drivers license to get it unlocked. They gave me about $20 in FD points to make up for it though).

Fanduel would obviously prefer you to cycle through those funds repeatedly, so they can earn their rake and not pay CC fees on their end, but per their terms, I think you're only required to play through it once. You could then withdraw, and redeposit the next set of funds. In theory you could do this weekly, for example by depositing funds on Wednesday, and pulling out the balance the following Tuesday.

This would lessen the rake from ~10% to ~8%, if you use a 2% cashback card (e.g. CapOne Venture, Barclay Arrival, Citi Double Cash), or get other points in hotel/airlines that are worth that much or more. For example, Starwood hotels have an Amex card that earns points which can be worth more than 2 cents per point when you redeem the points at fancy hotels. Or, cards like Citi or Chase that earn points which can be transferred an redeemed on fancy international business or first class flights often have a "value" of much more than 2% if based on the market price for the seat.

Prior to week 1, I made deposits on FD for $2500, which I have been slowly draining about $500 at a time based on what I play through. About ready to pull out the last $500 (separate from the amounts I still have live for MNF), and could then redeposit $1,000 and get $20 in cash back.

I can win a 250 man league if Michael Floyd scores on a long end around and Carson Palmer/Larry Fitz basically do nothing.

Pretty new at this as this is my third week. This was by far my best week. Last week I was up 14%. I'm currently up 54% this week with some volatility both ways tonight.

I entered 7 different lineups across 20 slates. Six of those lineups look like they'll cash. I usually like to enter each lineup into a cash (prefer triple ups and I can still enter rookie games) as well as a gpp. I just don't like the idea that I could create the 200+ point lineup, and only have it entered into a cash game. Anyway, I've got a couple interesting ones going tonight.

I've got 149.52 plus Fitzgerald and Brown tonight in a large GPP. Right now that's cashing $4 on a $2 bet. Cut off for cashing $100 is 198 points at the moment. 180 points is cashing $20. High score is 218 for $25,000.

Got another one with upside as well. Sitting on 132 points with Steve Smith and Catanzaro going tonight. That one is currently cashing $12.50 on a $5 bet. Its a Thursday-Sun game. 180 points is the cut off for $100 there.

I think its realistic that all 7 of my lineups will be 130+ this week (five of them are already there). Went heavy on the Rams, Foster, Diggs, Nate Washington, Palmer, Fitzgerald, Gurley and Gostkowski. Also used Lamar Miller, Jordan Reed, Robert Woods one time each. Got burned by Gates on one of my Thursday lineups, and Julius Thomas on a Sunday only.

Looking at doing a few 50/50 for the Mon-Thu slate, first try...

Palmer

Forsett

L Miller

Fitz

Smith

M Floyd

Gronk

Gostkowski

AZ D

Pretty new at this as this is my third week. This was by far my best week. Last week I was up 14%. I'm currently up 54% this week with some volatility both ways tonight.

I entered 7 different lineups across 20 slates. Six of those lineups look like they'll cash. I usually like to enter each lineup into a cash (prefer triple ups and I can still enter rookie games) as well as a gpp. I just don't like the idea that I could create the 200+ point lineup, and only have it entered into a cash game. Anyway, I've got a couple interesting ones going tonight.

I've got 149.52 plus Fitzgerald and Brown tonight in a large GPP. Right now that's cashing $4 on a $2 bet. Cut off for cashing $100 is 198 points at the moment. 180 points is cashing $20. High score is 218 for $25,000.

Got another one with upside as well. Sitting on 132 points with Steve Smith and Catanzaro going tonight. That one is currently cashing $12.50 on a $5 bet. Its a Thursday-Sun game. 180 points is the cut off for $100 there.

I think its realistic that all 7 of my lineups will be 130+ this week (five of them are already there). Went heavy on the Rams, Foster, Diggs, Nate Washington, Palmer, Fitzgerald, Gurley and Gostkowski. Also used Lamar Miller, Jordan Reed, Robert Woods one time each. Got burned by Gates on one of my Thursday lineups, and Julius Thomas on a Sunday only.
:shock:

Sounds like a big night around here. Still unsure how this will unfold for me as I have investment in Palmer, Fitz, Brown, and Floyd. 1pm did me well and I should end up positive overall. Should also get $10 from FBG since I used $20 in FDP for those 2 lineups.

Just for my personal housekeeping (or if you're interested :thumbup: ):

Thu-Sun:

Fitz/Brown 111 - cash should be good, gpp cut at 124

Palmer/Fitz 107 - cash should be good, gpp cut at 132

Newton 117 and done - need to hold on, cash cuts 108, 104, 100

Palmer/Fitz 125 - cash is good, gpp cut at 128

Sun-Mon:

Floyd 145 - $2 gpp only currently winning $5

Floyd 150 - $1 gpp only currently winning $2

Fitz/Floyd 116 - $1 gpp only, cut at 140

Fitz 93 - looks like a loser

Fitz 110 - cash debatable w/ cuts 115, 119, 114, gpp loser

Palmer/Fitz/SSmith 88 - cash unlikely w/ six cuts ranging 114-120, FBG and gpp loser

Fitz/Floyd 126 - cash should be good, gpp cut at 143, FBG likely winner

Primetime:

Palmer/Fitz/Brown/SSmith/Tucker - should be close

:shock:
Thursdays:

Hoyer, Freeman, Gurley, Hopkins, Woods, Decker, Gates, Goskowski, Seattle 131.52.

Newton, Freeman, Gurley, Marshall, S. Smith, N. Washington, Olsen, Catanzaro, Rams 132.08++

Sunday-Mon:

Luck, Foster, Miller, Fitzgerald, J. Brown, Decker, Walker, Gostkowski, Rams. 149.52++

Rivers, Gurley, Peterson, Allen, Moncrief, Decker, Reed, Bryant, Vikings 144.14

Palmer, Freeman, Foster, Hopkins, Diggs, Floyd, Ertz, Gostkowski, Rams 116.5++

Palmer, Freeman, Gurley, Fitzgerald, Diggs, Moncrief, Barnidge, Catanzaro, Panthers 97.5+++

Sunday only:

Bortles, McCoy, Gurley, Hopkins, Marshall, N. Washington, J. Thomas, Vinatieri, Rams 130.48

Cashed every single Sunday entry (all 50/50s and double-ups) with the following:

Rivers, Gurley, Woodhead, Hopkins, Moncrief, Diggs, Gronk, Prater, Rams

That lineup would've done quite well in some deeper pools as well... maybe even in GPPs. I finished in the top 5-10 of nearly every single game.

Tonight I'm at 89.6 with the money line in most Thursdays of mine sitting around 105-110. I've got the Cardinals superstack of Palmer, Fitz, Brown to pull it out for me... actually feeling pretty good about my chances to cash across the board this week.

119.5 with Palmer, Fitz and S Smith to go in a $300 entry fee contest (NFL Monster). Fingers crossed

Yeah. Just excited to have a shot to do well. Usually all my teams have already busted by Monday night

I put 40 entries into the $2 Sunday Only gpp. Best team finished 70th out of 28k, 190+ pts, for $50. $80 in entries returned $205. I had 10 each built around Cousins, Luck, Rivers, Stafford, with lots of Gurley, Miller, Gronk, Hilton. Where I had Gurley Miller @RB, I stacked one with his D, the other with his K. The 190 pt team had MIami D and Legatron (instead of Rams D and Franks). Reverse those and it's $2k. :bag:

Cards normally play like crap on MNF, I wouldn't bank on a huge game from Palmer/Fitz
Its the NFL, so anything is possible. However, the Ravens have been torched by Derek Carr, Josh McCown, Colin Kaepernick and Andy Dalton. The Ravens also lost their starting FS last week.

Baltimore is #5 vs the run and #20 vs. the pass. If you look at YPA, Baltimore is #29 vs the pass.

There is serious upside for the Cards passing game tonight.

Cards normally play like crap on MNF, I wouldn't bank on a huge game from Palmer/Fitz
I would be all for that. All my lines would cash then. Sitting at 129 points in 15 LU's and most of the cash lines are 115-121. I have no player in those LU's going to tonight..boooooo.

I put 40 entries into the $2 Sunday Only gpp. Best team finished 70th out of 28k, 190+ pts, for $50. $80 in entries returned $205. I had 10 each built around Cousins, Luck, Rivers, Stafford, with lots of Gurley, Miller, Gronk, Hilton. Where I had Gurley Miller @RB, I stacked one with his D, the other with his K. The 190 pt team had MIami D and Legatron (instead of Rams D and Franks). Reverse those and it's $2k. :bag:
My best lineup is sitting at 186.

Have 190 pts in the $2 Safety. Have Fitzy left to play tonight. Currently sitting in 72nd place out of 58,000. First place is currently at 210 pts ($8,000). I'm sure there will be others with Palmer/Fitz that will pass me, but will make for an interesting night I hope.

Bad week for me, I over thought things and when I heard Maclin was out I went from the Rams D to Steelers D. That is stopping me from cashing in everything. If Palmer and Fitz have about 50 tonight between the 2 of them that will give me a low 130's and I can save some cash.

Super heavy on the Rams Def helped a lot today. Gostkowski did his thing and I used Blair a bunch at 1pm. Whoever said this week will come down to kickers and D's was pretty spot on I think. Obviously there is more to it than that, but getting lucky with those picks this week was huge.

This was easily my heaviest played Thu-Mon slate of the year. I notice the cut lines are WAY lower than Sun-Mon. Is this attributed mostly to Gates being in lineups and better info come Sunday morning?
Well worth, opinion, throwing some money into the Thur-Mon GPP. Here is what I have found this year ...

• An alarming number of people that think you MUST play 8-4 players from the game. Not sure who those people are but ... thank you and carry on
  • Majority of people will not throw gonad on table when it comes to injuries. They want fact. This last week ... I went heavy with Woodhead and L Green on my Thur contests. Hedged and it worked out. I've done this every week this year with injured players and have found people are afraid to bet against a known name. Betting against them has paid off in this slate of games
  • Most folks are waiting for projections and information from a FBG or a RG. The good ... really good ... paid content does not come out until Friday. If you are on top of things, really easy place to cash (GPP & Cash Games)
  • There is a number of people that just want "action" on a prime-time game. No research ... blank it ... throw $10 in and see what happens. I am finding the overall field for Thur-Mon less competitive
You roll that all together and, opinion, that is why you see the cash or GPP threshold lower. A lot of unknowns ... people dislike risk ... people really dislike losing money and it can be taken advantage of by an astute player

I am cashing in nearly 80% of my Thurs-Mon GPP, compared to 55% on Sun-Mon

Have 190 pts in the $2 Safety. Have Fitzy left to play tonight. Currently sitting in 72nd place out of 58,000. First place is currently at 210 pts ($8,000). I'm sure there will be others with Palmer/Fitz that will pass me, but will make for an interesting night I hope.
Good luck tonight

John Brown in shorts doing usual warmups on the field. No trainers watching him. Seems like he might play

Edit: He is officially active. Im playing Floyd over him myself in my cash lineups just because of how the salaries work out with Miller, Forsett, Palmer, Gronkowski, Gostkowski, and the Stl defense but will certainly get some GPP exposure.

Users who are viewing this thread