What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** WEEK 7 WAGERING THREAD *** (1 Viewer)

Patriots +3 is a gift.

All of SDs offensive weapons are hurt.

I don't see New England losing this game.

I LOVE 5 games this weekend

Washington+3

Tampa Bay-3 (and I'm a Rams homer)

Carolina+3

NE+2

Seattle-6.5

I think Washington, Carolina and NE all win their games straight up

I know everyone will say......Carolina....what????? There is a good ole rule in gambling on football and it is betting on the home dog after a bye week

This hits over 80% of the time. I think Carolina wins going away

As for the TB/STL game TB has been playing pretty good and STL can't play on the road. I'm calling for a 27-13 TB win

I still think Chicago is a bottom 5 team in the NFL. Their record might indicate something differently but if you watch them you'll see and agree what I'm talking about.

NE is playing really good and completely healthy and SD is beat up and underpreforming. I'll take Bellichek over Turner

And as for Seattle/Arizona Seattle just plays really good at home and I don't know if even the bye week can help Arizona. They just are missing something. Let's see how Max Hall (rookie) can handle the loudest home crowd in the NFL.

Leeroy Jenkins said:
What are people looking at this weekend?Where is Kroy???
So sorry guys! I've been insanely busy the past few weeks. Here are the lines:Steelers -3 @ Dolphins 41Bengals +3 @ Falcons 42.5Jaguars +9 @ Chiefs 37.5Eagles +3 @ Titans 42.5Redskins +3 @ Bears 40Browns +13 @ Saints 43.5Bills +13 @ Ravens 4049ers -3 @ Panthers 35.5Rams +3 @ Bucs 38Cardinals +6.5 @ Seahawks 40Patriots +3 @ Chargers 47.5Raiders +8.5 @ Broncos 41.5Vikings +2.5 @ Packers 44Giants +3 @ Cowboys 44Good luck to all!

Leeroy Jenkins said:
So sorry guys! I've been insanely busy the past few weeks. Here are the lines:Steelers -3 @ Dolphins 41Bengals +3 @ Falcons 42.5Jaguars +9 @ Chiefs 37.5Eagles +3 @ Titans 42.5Redskins +3 @ Bears 40Browns +13 @ Saints 43.5Bills +13 @ Ravens 4049ers -3 @ Panthers 35.5Rams +3 @ Bucs 38Cardinals +6.5 @ Seahawks 40Patriots +3 @ Chargers 47.5Raiders +8.5 @ Broncos 41.5Vikings +2.5 @ Packers 44Giants +3 @ Cowboys 44Good luck to all!
I agree with Ron Mexico on the Pats +3; SD is better at home but who is Rivers going to throw to? Also like Falcons -3, Vikes +2.5 and Giants +3. Good luck folks.....

Leeroy Jenkins said:
I agree with Ron Mexico on the Pats +3; SD is better at home but who is Rivers going to throw to? Also like Falcons -3, Vikes +2.5 and Giants +3. Good luck folks.....
how about the cross country trip to SD? how do they usually fare with that in mind?

Looks like a couple easy pickings this week.. :shrug:

The poor Bills will get D-stroyed this week in Baltimore.

BALT

Todd Bouman starting in Arrowhead?!

KC

Max Hall trying to think in Seattle?

SEA

Last edited by a moderator:
Leeroy Jenkins said:
What are people looking at this weekend?

Where is Kroy???
So sorry guys! I've been insanely busy the past few weeks. Here are the lines:Steelers -3 @ Dolphins 41

Bengals +3 @ Falcons 42.5

Jaguars +9 @ Chiefs 37.5

Eagles +3 @ Titans 42.5

Redskins +3 @ Bears 40

Browns +13 @ Saints 43.5

Bills +13 @ Ravens 40

49ers -3 @ Panthers 35.5

Rams +3 @ Bucs 38

Cardinals +6.5 @ Seahawks 40

Patriots +3 @ Chargers 47.5

Raiders +8.5 @ Broncos 41.5

Vikings +2.5 @ Packers 44

Giants +3 @ Cowboys 44

Good luck to all!

Leeroy Jenkins said:
Lemme go on record...I'm not and every week guy here obviously....butPats -3Ravens -100Iggles +3I feel very confident about.If you feel adventerous...addPanthers +3Browns +13for the 5 team parlay

How can Pittsburgh only be laying 3 points? Only thing I can think of is Vegas/NFL home field conspiracy.

Which means one would be an idiot to bet on the sure thing, that Pittsburgh is 3 points better than the Dolphins.

Here are Kroyrunners picks

Pittsburgh Steelers -3

Steelers/Dolphins UNDER 41

The Steelers finally got starting QB Ben Roethlisberger back last week against the Browns, and while it took him a little while to get going he ultimately led the squad to a 28-10 victory. Meanwhile, the Dolphins return home coming off of a 23-20 win over a banged up Packers squad. At this point of the season I don't have to tell any of you how good Pittsburgh's defense is. They're ranked 8th against the pass, 1st against the run, and are allowing just 12 points per game. Miami's offense has been less than stellar so far this year. While the passing numbers are average with Henne throwing for 6.24 yards per pass attempt, he rarely attempts a pass of 20+ yards and the offense lacks explosiveness as a result. The Dolphins have struggled running the ball so far as Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams have combined for just 3.91 yards per carry, 22nd in the NFL. I could see Marshall coming away with a touchdown in this game as the Steelers' secondary is their weakest point, but I really can't see the Dolphins mustering over 13 points in this game as their running game will struggle to get going. Furthermore, Henne has struggled with turnovers recently, throwing five interceptions over his last three games (although three of these came against the Patriots). Pittsburgh has 8 interceptions through five games, and I love their chances at coming away with one or two turnovers in this contest. On the offensive side of the ball, Roethlisberger has shown the ability to take care of the ball. Last season he threw just 12 interceptions all year, and threw for 257 yards on 27 attempts last week with three touchdowns to one interception. Granted, Miami's defense is better than the Cleveland defense he threw all over last week. However, Miami's secondary does struggle at times, particularly covering the tight end. Heath Miller should see some targets this week, and I like WR Mike Wallace's chances at catching a long pass as well. Miami's 12th ranked pass defense will slow the Steelers, but not enough for them to win this game. I predict a 20-13 Pittsburgh victory.

Carolina Panthers +3

I have to say, I absolutely love the Panthers in this spot. I've finally come to terms with a simple fact, the 49ers are not a good football team. The Panthers return QB Matt Moore to the starting lineup, a move I believe is absolutely the right one as QB Jimmy Clausen is nowhere near ready to play at the professional level. Along with Moore's return to the lineup, the importance of the return of WR Steve Smith can not be emphasized enough. The Panthers are simply a different team with Smith in the lineup, and since last season Moore has looked to him often and he's typically scored at least once per game. Smith's presence also helps give the running game a little more room, RB DeAngelo Williams and RB Jonathan Stewart should finally get going and have productive games on the ground. The 49ers offense has struggled all year, with their struggles last week against a poor Oakland defense especially disturbing. Carolina's defense has actually been pretty good, ranking 16th against the pass and 3rd against the run. The Panthers should be able to limit RB Frank Gore and put the pressure on QB Alex Smith, forcing a couple turnovers in the process. This is a great spot for the Panthers to get their first win of the season, I see them doing it as they take this game outright.

I'm going to stop there for the week, good luck everyone!

Here are Kroyrunners picksPittsburgh Steelers -3Steelers/Dolphins UNDER 41The Steelers finally got starting QB Ben Roethlisberger back last week against the Browns, and while it took him a little while to get going he ultimately led the squad to a 28-10 victory. Meanwhile, the Dolphins return home coming off of a 23-20 win over a banged up Packers squad. At this point of the season I don't have to tell any of you how good Pittsburgh's defense is. They're ranked 8th against the pass, 1st against the run, and are allowing just 12 points per game. Miami's offense has been less than stellar so far this year. While the passing numbers are average with Henne throwing for 6.24 yards per pass attempt, he rarely attempts a pass of 20+ yards and the offense lacks explosiveness as a result. The Dolphins have struggled running the ball so far as Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams have combined for just 3.91 yards per carry, 22nd in the NFL. I could see Marshall coming away with a touchdown in this game as the Steelers' secondary is their weakest point, but I really can't see the Dolphins mustering over 13 points in this game as their running game will struggle to get going. Furthermore, Henne has struggled with turnovers recently, throwing five interceptions over his last three games (although three of these came against the Patriots). Pittsburgh has 8 interceptions through five games, and I love their chances at coming away with one or two turnovers in this contest. On the offensive side of the ball, Roethlisberger has shown the ability to take care of the ball. Last season he threw just 12 interceptions all year, and threw for 257 yards on 27 attempts last week with three touchdowns to one interception. Granted, Miami's defense is better than the Cleveland defense he threw all over last week. However, Miami's secondary does struggle at times, particularly covering the tight end. Heath Miller should see some targets this week, and I like WR Mike Wallace's chances at catching a long pass as well. Miami's 12th ranked pass defense will slow the Steelers, but not enough for them to win this game. I predict a 20-13 Pittsburgh victory.Carolina Panthers +3I have to say, I absolutely love the Panthers in this spot. I've finally come to terms with a simple fact, the 49ers are not a good football team. The Panthers return QB Matt Moore to the starting lineup, a move I believe is absolutely the right one as QB Jimmy Clausen is nowhere near ready to play at the professional level. Along with Moore's return to the lineup, the importance of the return of WR Steve Smith can not be emphasized enough. The Panthers are simply a different team with Smith in the lineup, and since last season Moore has looked to him often and he's typically scored at least once per game. Smith's presence also helps give the running game a little more room, RB DeAngelo Williams and RB Jonathan Stewart should finally get going and have productive games on the ground. The 49ers offense has struggled all year, with their struggles last week against a poor Oakland defense especially disturbing. Carolina's defense has actually been pretty good, ranking 16th against the pass and 3rd against the run. The Panthers should be able to limit RB Frank Gore and put the pressure on QB Alex Smith, forcing a couple turnovers in the process. This is a great spot for the Panthers to get their first win of the season, I see them doing it as they take this game outright.I'm going to stop there for the week, good luck everyone!
SF may not be a good football team, but their defense is OK in most weeks, and the Carolina O has been HISTORICALLY BAD so far this year. Again, re: home field advantage, the NFL has a culture of significant home field advantages. But if SF's "not good" Carolina O has been completely inept? One little Qb change back to loser #1 is supposed to make a difference?

8 team parlay on Moneyline

Steelers

Falcons

Chiefs

Rams

Eagles

Patriots

Vikings

Giants

My bet of the week.

By my count, im 11-3 in these threads this year, lets see if i can put together another winning week.

Dolphins +3

Jaguars +9

Falcons -3

Panthers +3

By my count, im 11-3 in these threads this year, lets see if i can put together another winning week.Dolphins +3Jaguars +9Falcons -3Panthers +3
How could you not, with such extensive analysis in your post?
Maybe if i would have included an analysis i would have went 4-0 instead of just 3-1. How did your analysis of the Steelers and 49ers work out for you?

I LOVE 5 games this weekend

Washington+3

Tampa Bay-3 (and I'm a Rams homer)

Carolina+3

NE+2

Seattle-6.5

I think Washington, Carolina and NE all win their games straight up

I know everyone will say......Carolina....what????? There is a good ole rule in gambling on football and it is betting on the home dog after a bye week

This hits over 80% of the time. I think Carolina wins going away

As for the TB/STL game TB has been playing pretty good and STL can't play on the road. I'm calling for a 27-13 TB win

I still think Chicago is a bottom 5 team in the NFL. Their record might indicate something differently but if you watch them you'll see and agree what I'm talking about.

NE is playing really good and completely healthy and SD is beat up and underpreforming. I'll take Bellichek over Turner

And as for Seattle/Arizona Seattle just plays really good at home and I don't know if even the bye week can help Arizona. They just are missing something. Let's see how Max Hall (rookie) can handle the loudest home crowd in the NFL.
And again the famous home dog after a bye takes care of business.

A nice little 4 out of 5 helped me out this week.

I also hit a teaser and Oakland in the late game.

I bought TB down to 2.5 so if they could have gotten that alte 2 pt convernsion I would have had a great day but I ain't gonna get greedy.

Users who are viewing this thread