What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 7 Waiver Wire (1 Viewer)

Are you serious? I would be begging for someone to start Mike Davis against me. I would leave him out there in hope he play him over even a guy like Kuhn. Team sucks with Hyde, they going to do something with Davis?
I don't like the situation eikther, but any RB getting almost all the carries has value.

You catch Jay Ajayi last week?

This is just one guy talking here:

In my dynasty/keeper formats, the possiblity for a breakout, a ceiling guy, is tantalizing.  So I am not really going by redraft.

As to the Packer players, I rank them Montgomery--Jackson-------Davis.  

Montgomery could completely be a one week wonder that disappears, I get it.  But I think he has the best chance of being a guy that sticks on my roster this year and beyond.  Interesting body, not a bad pedigree, and had a very, very good game in a tough role.  Could he be an H-back type that pulls in lots of short passes?  Could he be a Jarvis Landry PPR compiler for Rodgers?  I can see it--long shot tho it may be.  

Jackson is interesting because he is an unknown that has a path to lots of carries over the next few weeks.  Being ranked over Knile is purely based on the fact that he is unknown.  Thus, he has some 'upside' as he is a mystery.  

Knile is JAG, is not young, and that trade was a desperation move to fill out the roster.  In no way do I think the Pack is planning on giving him more carries than he has to.  He is TD dependent, and that Pack has that Kuhn, so I'm not planning on him getting 3 carries from the 1 yard line.

Davis has been available for trade for months, no one was interested.  He's not good.  

Mike Davis as a one week desperation fill-in, fine.  Beyond that, not interested.

My god I've made so many moves today on 2 roster spots based on news. Between knile Davis, Gillislee, J. Rodgers, Brate, Eifert.....ended up rolling the dice and kept Eifert over Brate. For my bench I went with J. Rodgers and Gillislee. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you serious? I would be begging for someone to start Mike Davis against me. I would leave him out there in hope he play him over even a guy like Kuhn. Team sucks with Hyde, they going to do something with Davis?
Jacquizz ####### Rodgers almost dropped a 20 burger two weeks ago. The team sucks but Hyde was putting up RB1 numbers and seeing a lot of volume. Considering the match-up (TB was gashed by CAP and Whittaker before going into their bye) and I think he's solidly on the flex radar. My opp literally doesn't have a startable RB2, he could've used him.

This is just one guy talking here:

In my dynasty/keeper formats, the possiblity for a breakout, a ceiling guy, is tantalizing.  So I am not really going by redraft.

As to the Packer players, I rank them Montgomery--Jackson-------Davis.  

Montgomery could completely be a one week wonder that disappears, I get it.  But I think he has the best chance of being a guy that sticks on my roster this year and beyond.  Interesting body, not a bad pedigree, and had a very, very good game in a tough role.  Could he be an H-back type that pulls in lots of short passes?  Could he be a Jarvis Landry PPR compiler for Rodgers?  I can see it--long shot tho it may be.  

Jackson is interesting because he is an unknown that has a path to lots of carries over the next few weeks.  Being ranked over Knile is purely based on the fact that he is unknown.  Thus, he has some 'upside' as he is a mystery.  

Knile is JAG, is not young, and that trade was a desperation move to fill out the roster.  In no way do I think the Pack is planning on giving him more carries than he has to.  He is TD dependent, and that Pack has that Kuhn, so I'm not planning on him getting 3 carries from the 1 yard line.

Davis has been available for trade for months, no one was interested.  He's not good.  

Mike Davis as a one week desperation fill-in, fine.  Beyond that, not interested.
LOL, you know that Kuhn is on New Orleans now, right?

I'd put it as Montgomery (if you need WR), Davis (RB) and then Jackson for me. I picked up Davis, not for this week, but for weeks 8, 9 and 10 to help with bye weeks. If Lacy news is right, sounds like that could be good and I expect Davis to be the RB over Jackson. Too many people like the unknown, kind of like how people get all up in arms over trading a late round pick, that 95% of the time doesn't get you anything more than a backup at best and nothing at worst.

Ebron seems close to returning (running on the side in practice). Might be time to pick him back up. I think hes a TE1 when healthy in that offense.

It's been a very interesting and busy day, FF info-wise.  I could sift through numerous threads and posts . . . . . or just ask! 

I have room on my bench for one more lottery ticket.

Dwayne Washington or Don Jackson?

:)

I got Zeeke, Martin & Hyde out... 

Need a fill in, burn 1/3 on Don Jackson? I need anything that's gonna give me a 3-4p floor, #panicmode

I haven't seen the activation of Jackson yet. Might be tomorrow but while wouldn't they do it today?
Any number of reasons. 1st they would have to cut or IR somebody. Maybe they are waiting to see how well Davis picks up the offense before they make a decision. Maybe they are waiting on test results on Lacy's ankle and if they need to IR him. Maybe they just don't plan on activating him.

IMO they activate him and he and Montgomery get the RB work for this week. Davis will be active but as an emergency RB. Long term I think Davis will be the main guy (assuming Lacy is out multiple weeks) and Jackson gives him a breather every couple of series.

Any number of reasons. 1st they would have to cut or IR somebody. Maybe they are waiting to see how well Davis picks up the offense before they make a decision. Maybe they are waiting on test results on Lacy's ankle and if they need to IR him. Maybe they just don't plan on activating him.

IMO they activate him and he and Montgomery get the RB work for this week. Davis will be active but as an emergency RB. Long term I think Davis will be the main guy (assuming Lacy is out multiple weeks) and Jackson gives him a breather every couple of series.
Don't count out Randall Cobb for that RB role.

Don't count out Randall Cobb for that RB role.
In most leagues you'd have to start Cobb as a WR or flex, not as a RB, same for Montgomery.  It looks like GB is a total crap shoot this week for RB. Better off looking elsewhere, for a RB perhaps Mike Davis, Gillisee or Zenner if no one else is available in your league.

In most leagues you'd have to start Cobb as a WR or flex, not as a RB, same for Montgomery.  It looks like GB is a total crap shoot this week for RB. Better off looking elsewhere, for a RB perhaps Mike Davis, Gillisee or Zenner if no one else is available in your league.
You may be missing what he was saying. Montgomery saw 8 of his 12 targets Sunday (+ 3 rushes) while lined up as a RB. That is a role previously occupied by Cobb. They basically gave Montgomery the Starks/Cobb role out of the backfield, and on a short week, it's likely he'll have similar usage v. the Bears.

You may be missing what he was saying. Montgomery saw 8 of his 12 targets Sunday (+ 3 rushes) while lined up as a RB. That is a role previously occupied by Cobb. They basically gave Montgomery the Starks/Cobb role out of the backfield, and on a short week, it's likely he'll have similar usage v. the Bears.
Makes sense. 

I like Montgonery's potential this week...especially in PPR/.5PPR.

Would dropping John Brown for Mongomery be crazy?

I think you are missing the point, they are looking at the RB position, not the role.  If you can't start him as an RB there are probably better RB options, and if he is going to be started as a WR or flex there are probably better options there also.  In real life he might fill in and do ok in the RB role but he is listed as a WR in fantasy so there should be better options.

Crazy week for the wire. In one league a 20+ point fav to begin the week all the sudden is in a dogfight because the underdog nabbed Ty Montgomery and Mike Davis where he had nothing in those two spots before. Oh and the once favored team has McCoy so will probably be the underdog by Sunday morning! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread