What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Westbrook fires agent (1 Viewer)

habsfan

Footballguy
From http://www.philly.com/inquirer/breaking/sp..._new_agent.html

Code:
Asked last week if he would consider holding out from this year's training camp, Westbrook said, "to be honest with you, I don't know. I don't foresee me holding out of this training camp, but . . ."Fletcher Smith said he didn't think it would be a wise move for Westbrook to hold out of camp, but he, of course, is no longer the running back's agent.Westbrook and most of the Eagles veterans are scheduled to report to training camp a week from today.

:confused:

I swear Westbrook restructured his contract this offseason to help the Iggles cap situation. And he accepted a fairly modest salary. And he was gracious about it. Don't have a link though.

:coffee: I swear Westbrook restructured his contract this offseason to help the Iggles cap situation. And he accepted a fairly modest salary. And he was gracious about it. Don't have a link though.
I thought the same thing, I'm almost sure of it.
Westbrook didn't restructure his contract, nor were the Eagles in need of cap space. There was talk shortly after the season ended that Fletcher Smith and the Eagles were talking about an extension but those talks quickly fall aside. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Westbrook holds out, it worked for him the last go around and he's even more important to the offense now.

:coffee: I swear Westbrook restructured his contract this offseason to help the Iggles cap situation. And he accepted a fairly modest salary. And he was gracious about it. Don't have a link though.
Westbrook didn't restructure his contract, nor were the Eagles in need of cap space. There was talk shortly after the season ended that Fletcher Smith and the Eagles were talking about an extension but those talks quickly fall aside. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Westbrook holds out, it worked for him the last go around and he's even more important to the offense now.
Did I just hear the value of Booker go up?

:lmao: I swear Westbrook restructured his contract this offseason to help the Iggles cap situation. And he accepted a fairly modest salary. And he was gracious about it. Don't have a link though.
Moats?

i remembered it a bit wrong. here is what i was remembering:

Brian Westbrook-RB-Eagles May. 4

Brian Westbrook says he has no intentions of asking for a new contract from the Eagles.

How professional. "I'm paid," he said. "I signed a contract that was fair at that (time), so there's no sense in me crying about it now." Westbrook led the league in yards from scrimmage last year. He is due $3 million in 2008.

Source: Trenton Times

Has he repaid that entire $3 million "accounting error" that came up last year? I know that was also a source of some tension between him and the team (even though he should have known that he was overpaid by $3 million when it happened)

jaybebo said:
Jason Wood said:
Hue G said:
Anonymous Internet User said:
:thumbup: I swear Westbrook restructured his contract this offseason to help the Iggles cap situation. And he accepted a fairly modest salary. And he was gracious about it. Don't have a link though.
No, you didn't.I would think we've all been through this enough times by now to realize this is standard posturing from a star player who, in all fairness, is underpaid. He'll make some noise, probably be slow to show up for the start of camp, and a deal will get done. Same thing happened in 2005.

jaybebo said:
Jason Wood said:
Hue G said:
:lol: I swear Westbrook restructured his contract this offseason to help the Iggles cap situation. And he accepted a fairly modest salary. And he was gracious about it. Don't have a link though.
Moats?
:popcorn: :P :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Jason Wood said:
Hue G said:
:confused:

I swear Westbrook restructured his contract this offseason to help the Iggles cap situation. And he accepted a fairly modest salary. And he was gracious about it. Don't have a link though.
As long as he uses that time to rest his knee so he's healthy when the season starts :unsure:

I wouldn't downgrade Westbrook at all until he actually started missing games. The Eagles think they can make a run at the Superbowl and Westbrook is their best weapon...they won't go far without him. He will get paid, no question.

Users who are viewing this thread