What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What are Russell Wilson owners doing? (1 Viewer)

ponchsox

Footballguy
I waited late to grab a QB and Wilson has been pretty brutal in his first two games. Are Wilson owners riding him out, going to their backup, or hitting the waiver wire?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey what can you do.

WW options might be thin and guys drafted as backups often end up as just that. Rivers and Bradford owners might be the winners there.

I think you might be wanting to consider a Plan B, which basically to me means either Tannehill and hope he throws more TDs.

Also people may start dropping extra QBs during byes week 4 and someone may make a mistake.

Consider trading for Brady and hope that gets better.

I'm riding Wilson though, tough to find a better matchup than this week.

car front 7 is pretty tough and sf might be the best d in the league next to sea..

it's all good now for wilson.. full steam ahead...

he plays jacksonville this week.. He will be fine expect a big outing.

300 yards in game 1

didnt need to do much in game 2, plus the niners are really good.

his next 10 or some match ups are pretty good.. and he will add harvin in the 2nd half..

biggest concern is the defense is so good. that they can sit on the ball late in games.

300 yards in game 1

his next 10 or some match ups are pretty good.. and he will add harvin in the 2nd half..

biggest concern is the defense is so good. that they can sit on the ball late in games.
Why should you expect a big outing against the Jags? Assuming he "didnt need to do much in game 2," he shouldn't need to do much in game 3, because the Jaguars are really bad.

I waited late to grab a QB and Wilson has been pretty brutal in his first two games. Are Wilson owners riding him out, going to their backup, or hitting the waiver wire?
They are all either very glad they drafted a back up QB earlier than later or wishing they had...

300 yards in game 1

Why should you expect a big outing against the Jags? Assuming he "didnt need to do much in game 2," he shouldn't need to do much in game 3, because the Jaguars are really bad.
Yeah, I'm expecting another dud against the Jags and a big dose of Lynch and Micheal.

I'm riding him out for now, tough schedule out of the gate. I have Bradford as my backup so I am tempted to make a switch but going to see how this week plays out. Another dud by him this week though and Bradford takes over the starting job or at least gets the nod when he has a favorable matchup.

i only hold him in a keeper (for a last round pick) so i'm definitely not dumping, or benching this week, but thinking of swapping in eli at some point, possibly vs philly week 5 as that'll be shootouttastic

300 yards in game 1

Because its the Jags.. he wont need throw 30 + times to be effective and get touchdowns

plus his legs will always be a weapon ..

Wilson is similar to how Roethlisberger was five years ago: his team's defense and running game are both so good that he doesn't have to light it up against the patsies, but he can put up good numbers in the tougher games. Now, this weekend's game against SF was an exception, but I think it will be that way for the most part.

Wilson is similar to how Roethlisberger was five years ago: his team's defense and running game are both so good that he doesn't have to light it up against the patsies, but he can put up good numbers in the tougher games. Now, this weekend's game against SF was an exception, but I think it will be that way for the most part.
And if he's not running and scoring on the ground, his fantasy value is a QB2. I'm rolling with Pryor next week.

I'm riding him out for now, tough schedule out of the gate. I have Bradford as my backup so I am tempted to make a switch but going to see how this week plays out. Another dud by him this week though and Bradford takes over the starting job or at least gets the nod when he has a favorable matchup.
I am in the same position as you are but I am making the switch. Bradford numbers looked good last game but Fischer said they won't run the no -huddle unless they are behind. The cowboys can put up points so Bradford will be throwing all game. There is no way Wilson throw for more then 225 at Jax. You best case get 225 and 2 and maybe 20 rushing. They will lead and rely on the run.

Week 1 Alex smith had 175 and 2 tds last week Pryor had 125 and 0 tds.

I would expect Wilson to have Alex Smith type numbers here which isn't saying much.

300 yards in game 1

Yeah, I'm expecting another dud against the Jags and a big dose of Lynch and Micheal.
A big dose of Lynch makes sense, but why Michael? Has he had a carry yet this year? Just curious if you know something that I had not heard yet or if you are just assuming big blowout means that the rookie (and not Turbin who has thus far gotten the other carries) will get his.

300 yards in game 1

A big dose of Lynch makes sense, but why Michael? Has he had a carry yet this year? Just curious if you know something that I had not heard yet or if you are just assuming big blowout means that the rookie (and not Turbin who has thus far gotten the other carries) will get his.
I think this will be such a lopsided game that in the second half that Lynch will get some rest and the other two will get some work.

The Seahawks will use this game to give their replacement left tackle some good reps. I expect even if the Jags get 0 total yards, the seahawk offense will go full speed and try to score 4+ touchdowns. I wouldn't be surprised if Lynch gets pulled early if the win looks secure, but I expect lots of passing.

The Seahawks will use this game to give their replacement left tackle some good reps. I expect even if the Jags get 0 total yards, the seahawk offense will go full speed and try to score 4+ touchdowns. I wouldn't be surprised if Lynch gets pulled early if the win looks secure, but I expect lots of passing.
No offense, but are you serious?

The Seahawks are a running team & the Jags are 2nd worst in the NFL against the run, as far as total rushing yards allowed, and worst in regards to YPC.

So, we have a running team going up against a horrible rush defense, but you expect the running team to do lots of passing? Based on what?

300 yards in game 1

Like Terrelle Pryor's big outing? he will get ahead and hand it off to Lynch and Turbin a lot.

The other QB in that game performed far worse. Anyone considering dropping him?

Granted, I haven't had tons of time to watch Wilson, but I haven't seen anything overly concerning. If you drafted him thinking 300 yards was in the bag every game, well, I don't know what you were looking at that led you to that conclusion. His rushing totals are not great thus far, but that's consistent with the early part of last year.

I think he'll be fine and I am comfortable with him starting as my Qb2.

Yeah, I wouldn't feel comfortable relying on Wilson as starter, unless he came dirt, dirt cheap.

Though, I do have Kaep in my main league (missed on Stafford and Romo) and I suspect he'll suffer from similar issues. I expect he'll provide a tad more running and passing numbers, but both guys are rarely going to throw for more than 250 or get 3 TDs.

I don't expect either to be top-flight fantasy QBs.

this will be wilsons breakout game... i would be surprised if he doesnt throw at least 2 tds.. they are going to want to get him uncorked

Never? Wow.
Probably an exaggeration, but I don't see it happening on this generation of Seahawks team (said "likely never").

Roethlisberger's a good comparison, and he's done it twice in nine seasons. In all but one of the other seasons, he was at least 700 yards away from it.

300 yards in game 1

I think this will be such a lopsided game that in the second half that Lynch will get some rest and the other two will get some work.
Michael hasn't even been active in either of the first two weeks. He doesn't play special teams or fullback, and they don't really need 3 RBs active that don't meet that criteria.

No offense, but are you serious?The Seahawks are a running team & the Jags are 2nd worst in the NFL against the run, as far as total rushing yards allowed, and worst in regards to YPC.

So, we have a running team going up against a horrible rush defense, but you expect the running team to do lots of passing? Based on what?
I'm not offended. I think the Seahawks want to be a balanced team rather than a running team, or at least capable of winning by passing the ball. This game against the Jaguars is basically a scrimmage, and I think they will use it as an opportunity to get better in the passing game. The Seahawks could probably win the game without ever throwing a pass, yes. But the passing game needs work, so I anticipate that is what they will work on.

He'll probably go 240 and 2 this week but even at that I suspect Wilson owners expected much more.

I don't know what he will do on the ground but the way he is taking hits on that read option, he might as well keep it and run it. He's taking the tackles anyway.

u guys knew this was a running team w/ a great D, whats the problem
everyone expects top 5 qb numbers. especially when they see guys like Vick and Bradford going wild out there.

The reason you waited and drafted a Russell Wilson was to load up on every other position.

260 and 2 tds gives you like 20 points. add another 40-50 on the ground.. and he should put up 25 points..

just remember his stats from last season

26 tds passing

4 tds rushing

489 yds rushing

3118 yards passing

64.1% completions

same offensive cast, better defense maybe..

his season is just getting started..

I see a lot of games here where he should be able to do his thing....

[SIZE=medium]Jaguars [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]@Texans [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]@Colts [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Titans [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]@Cardinals[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]@Rams[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Buccaneers[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]@Falcons[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Vikings[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Saints[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]@49ers[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]@Giants[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Cardinals[/SIZE]

in my scoring league, the kid got 20 in week 1 and 12 in week 2. Not great, but serviceable, and he played two very tough defenses. I think everyone here is getting a little quick to pull the trigger on someone who will be a solid fantasy starter. Once he starts using his legs more and running, the points will come.

(FWIW, I have Dalton on my bench. He has 18 and 19 so far, and I think he is playing as well as he can, whereas with wilson, there is still upside)

other than vick, not sure who i would bench him for for guys who were drafted in the 10-20 range

rivers, schaub, cutler? I wouldn't

but thats just me, I think the guy is great...

I stayed away from Wilson in fantasy this year, or rather I didn't have him as highly ranked as most so I didn't pick him up as soon as others. I think he's a fantastic NFL QB, but the team is so run oriented I didn't figure him to be more than a high QB2 for fantasy purposes. I wouldn't be shocked if I made the wrong call of course, he's incredibly talented, but the massive fantasy hype around him always seemed excessive to me.

other than vick, not sure who i would bench him for for guys who were drafted in the 10-20 range

I thought about it, and maybe maybe maybe Pryor this week. Purely based on the fact that the Raiders should be behind by a lot and Pryor should be able to rake up alot of garbage time points..

They still could both end in the 20-25 point range

Wade said:
Bayhawks said:
Wade said:
No offense, but are you serious?The Seahawks are a running team & the Jags are 2nd worst in the NFL against the run, as far as total rushing yards allowed, and worst in regards to YPC.

I'm not offended. I think the Seahawks want to be a balanced team rather than a running team, or at least capable of winning by passing the ball. This game against the Jaguars is basically a scrimmage, and I think they will use it as an opportunity to get better in the passing game. The Seahawks could probably win the game without ever throwing a pass, yes. But the passing game needs work, so I anticipate that is what they will work on.
This may be your perception of the game, but I can guarantee you that it isn't one shared by Carroll or any of the Seattle coaches.

They aren't going to experiment during this game because on paper they should win easily. They are going to be who they are and play the way they know how, in order to win the game.

Gatorman said:
Once he starts using his legs more and running, the points will come.
FYI, he's averaging 7.5 carries this year so far after averaging 6 a game last year. People need to look at Wilson's stats from last year. He had three real good regular season rushing games that pumped up his overall stats, and one of them was in Week 17. You can't count on him for more than 3 or 4 rushing points a week.

mphtrilogy said:

I'd start all those guys over Wilson. Not sure about Cutler, but with a new coach, I think I would.

My guess is Wilson's going to end up making owners mad they waited on getting some of the FA QBs because they thought they were "all set" at QB.

I think Wilson's great too. I drafted him as a back-up in every league last year. Love the guy, but I cut him in the first month when it was apparent the defense is too good, they don't chuck it enough, and he doesn't run enough to make up for it.

Against the Jags - Lots of Lynch and Turbin (Michael will likely not be activated - same as last week) and maybe less than 200 yds passing. BUT, Wilson could throw 3 or 4 TDs. Tough call as to whether to start him or not.

Lost two very winnable fantasy weeks and I`m prepared to dump him for Rivers. He`s a fine QB but his situation isn`t condusive to FF consistency. Way too many stinkers.

SaintsInDome2006 said:
Hey what can you do.

WW options might be thin and guys drafted as backups often end up as just that. Rivers and Bradford owners might be the winners there.

I think you might be wanting to consider a Plan B, which basically to me means either Tannehill and hope he throws more TDs.

Also people may start dropping extra QBs during byes week 4 and someone may make a mistake.

Consider trading for Brady and hope that gets better.

I'm riding Wilson though, tough to find a better matchup than this week.
Yeah 2 tough matchups.

Weeks 12-16 last year he was top 3 so things will get better.

Bayhawks said:
ebsteelers said:

300 yards in game 1

He ran for 3 and threw another one against a bad Buf team last year. I'd say this is the biggest must-start week of the season for him.

Users who are viewing this thread