What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What are you "Elite" at in Life? (1 Viewer)

**** it I will toot my horn.

Being a great father and husband. No doubt. I am elite. 

Money Management. It is a gift I have that few IMO are great/elite at.

Growing up and through high school I was an elite baseball player.

I am considered a fantastic rock guitarist and not because of fret wizardry and self indulgent wankery but for writing cool songs and emotive solo’s.

I am a highly respected youth baseball coach. I have coached a ton of travel ball (2012- present), and also several baseball camps in the past (in my early 20’s), and have been asked to take over my sons middle school team starting in 2018 (which I committed to). Pretty sure after the middle school gig that will be it though. I want to enjoy watching my son from the other side of the fence.

And of course Fantasy Football...duh!!!

Man, top 1-5% is a high bar.  

I think I'm uber elite at bringing friends together for events.  Have had 24 guys coming for a 4 day Ryder Cup type golf event for 25 years.  Had 15+ couples go to TigerJam in Vegas every year.  Bunch of folks going to concerts (12 of us going to see Eric Clapton in 3 weeks).  For Kentucky Derby day I'll coordinate the tables at the OTB, have specialty meats on the smoker, book the Alvarez/Chavez fight and have a few card tables set up for all night poker.  I'm that guy.  Love to put carrots on the calendar.  I handle all of the details.  They just show up.
Dang, now THIS is some elite level stuff here.  You might be top 0.001% with this.

I'm declaring winner.

ETA:  Also, what would it take to be your IRL friend....asking for a friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
The original Tomb Raider game.  I'm probably one of only a handful of people who actually played through every level of that thing with no help, cheat books, etc.

Lara died so many times....so many needless deaths. :poursout40:

KarmaPolice said:
Falling asleep/napping
Oh man, me too.  I just had a sleep study done with a home monitor and I was asleep 1 minute after laying down.  Dr. says she's never seen anything like it.  

Oh man, me too.  I just had a sleep study done with a home monitor and I was asleep 1 minute after laying down.  Dr. says she's never seen anything like it.  
:lol:

It pisses my wife off to no end since she is about the opposite.  She will be struggling to get her mind to calm down enough to get to sleep for 30-40 mins.  I stroll in, lay down, and am out in a couple minutes tops. 

Also seems to hit dream state really quickly - I will take an hour or less nap and will remember dreams. 

I'm not sure if anyone could beat me in a best of 13 game series in the NES game Baseball Stars given equal quality teams

I'm not sure if anyone could beat me in a best of 13 game series in the NES game Baseball Stars given equal quality teams
I loved Baseball Stars!  Hitting the inside pitch on your hands for an opposite field home runs would drive my buddies crazy.

:lol:

It pisses my wife off to no end since she is about the opposite.  She will be struggling to get her mind to calm down enough to get to sleep for 30-40 mins.  I stroll in, lay down, and am out in a couple minutes tops. 

Also seems to hit dream state really quickly - I will take an hour or less nap and will remember dreams. 
I am just like your wife in that respect.  But that works out perfectly.

:pickle:

For me, it's a couple of things.  Pizza making is number one.  I held the record at Pizza Hut for making the fastest large thin crust pepperoni lovers pizza.  48 seconds from clump of dough to finished pizza in the oven.  I was also the only person who could handle the cut table solo on a Friday night.  My boss hated it when I would ask off on a Friday.

Driving is the second thing.  If anyone is familiar with the Merritt Island area, I held the record for driving from Mather's Bridge through dead man's curve on South Tropical Trail.  Average speed of 105.  This is on a winding "two-lane" (really one and a half lanes) road that hugs the shore of the Banana River.  It's lined with trees and other objects that will seriously mess up your car.  The speed limit for that road is 20 MPH.  They've also installed speed bumps along the way, so that record will never be broken.

Reading is another.  I can read a 1000 page novel from cover to cover in just under 12 hours.  My wife says that my ability to shut out the surrounding world while I'm reading is unbelievable.

Eight ball pool is another.  Many nights given to perfecting that craft, as well as many beers consumed.  I can do 9 ball also, but 8 ball is my first love.

Jedi: although I prefer 9-ball to 8-ball, I'll offer to go elite vs. elite at any pool game you choose. I'll be in Fla next week, coincidentally, too. Bring fifties; I don't waste my time on chump change.

Jedi: although I prefer 9-ball to 8-ball, I'll offer to go elite vs. elite at any pool game you choose. I'll be in Fla next week, coincidentally, too. Bring fifties; I don't waste my time on chump change.
Unfortunately, I am still in North Carolina.  The plan is to move back to Florida this spring.  Would love to meet any fellow FBG at a pool hall.

My memory of events from my childhood from about 35-40 years ago.  Just recently a buddy sent a couple of photos, one was a photo from elementary school and the other was a photo of a little league team, I was not in either photo but they were my age group.  Named every single person and haven't seen any of them in 30-40 years.  A few years ago my buddy showed me a little league album of when we were 12. 18 teams with 10-12 per team just for the majors, over 200 kids from almost 40yrs ago  and I only missed a naming a handful of them.  

A few years back I went to my nephews school play and I ran into this guy that went to the same elementary school as kids. We never hung out and there were about 50 kids in our grade but knew each other.  I recognized him right away, said hello and it took him a minute to figure out who I was and even then he didn't seem to remember me yet I could recall numerous things about this kid and where he lived. 

I am upper tier on not finishing things too.  I have a pile of books I didn't finish, video games, projects around the house, etc.. 

I get bored or

I'm pretty ####### good at some of the tables on the iPad pinball Ap I have.

mainly Addams Family and Creature From The Black Lagoon

Barbecuing and smoking ribs, chicken and pork.  
I was going to put this, but top 1-5% is a tall order.  As an example, I think I do a mean brisket, and then I tried Franklin's and was reminded of how far off I am from the best.  I'm really good, but not elite.

Others have added great husband and Dad.  I believe I am elite in that regard and honestly that's an easier elite list to crack these days (unfortunately). When your kids go to college they get a great appreciation for the home life they had vs many others.  I was pretty elite as a youth baseball coach for 15 years and that gave me a lot of satisfaction.  You remember your great and terrible teachers and coaches.  I only think I was potentially elite in that category because there are so many mediocre or bad coaches out there. Either they don't know what they are doing, are in it more for themselves than for the kids, can't connect or relate, don't teach life lessons, etc.  Such satisfaction when kids that played for you 10+ years ago are successful in life and still reach out to Coach Smails.

I was going to put this, but top 1-5% is a tall order.  As an example, I think I do a mean brisket, and then I tried Franklin's and was reminded of how far off I am from the best.  I'm really good, but not elite.

Others have added great husband and Dad.  I believe I am elite in that regard and honestly that's an easier elite list to crack these days (unfortunately). When your kids go to college they get a great appreciation for the home life they had vs many others.  I was pretty elite as a youth baseball coach for 15 years and that gave me a lot of satisfaction.  You remember your great and terrible teachers and coaches.  I only think I was potentially elite in that category because there are so many mediocre or bad coaches out there. Either they don't know what they are doing, are in it more for themselves than for the kids, can't connect or relate, don't teach life lessons, etc.  Such satisfaction when kids that played for you 10+ years ago are successful in life and still reach out to Coach Smails.
It doesn't take a lot to be in the top 1-5% of the population at just about anything.  You could go to an office building and ask the first 100 people you see if they own (and use) a smoker.  I'd bet you'd be in the top 5% in a lot of parts of the country just by knowing how to use a smoker.  And that's in a country where smoked meats are more popular than a lot of others.

It doesn't take a lot to be in the top 1-5% of the population at just about anything.  You could go to an office building and ask the first 100 people you see if they own (and use) a smoker.  I'd bet you'd be in the top 5% in a lot of parts of the country just by knowing how to use a smoker.  And that's in a country where smoked meats are more popular than a lot of others.
The bar is moved as needed based on common sense. Surely you don't think a person who simply owns a smoker and knows how to operate it is elite?

Users who are viewing this thread