What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What are you "Elite" at in Life? (1 Viewer)

Oh, taking standardized tests. I consistently graded out in the 90-99th percentile all throughout school. Iowa Basics, ACT etc. 

clearly ELITE is the best of the BEST.   So, not top 1-5% of the world, but top 1-5% of people who are at least VERY GOOD at something.

If you were ELITE at any of these things, it would be your occupation, or you'd have retired from that as your occupation.

Otherwise, I'm ELITE at earning money....because 1-5% of something.

clearly ELITE is the best of the BEST.   So, not top 1-5% of the world, but top 1-5% of people who are at least VERY GOOD at something.

If you were ELITE at any of these things, it would be your occupation, or you'd have retired from that as your occupation.

Otherwise, I'm ELITE at earning money....because 1-5% of something.
Ok. So how many ELITE golfers are there?  Quarterbacks?  Tech entrepreneurs?

No, but "sometimes elite" and "elite" are different. A range from 90-99 means "sometimes elite". Just saying. Maybe math was one of those "closer to 90th" subjects :P
:lmao:

im assuming that always scoring in the 90s puts me in the top 5% of taking tests. But maybe not. 

Ive never taken a test and scored below 90th percentile. 

Some of you are very much into bringing my ego into check...

No, but "sometimes elite" and "elite" are different. A range from 90-99 means "sometimes elite". Just saying. Maybe math was one of those "closer to 90th" subjects :P

im assuming that always scoring in the 90s puts me in the top 5% of taking tests. But maybe not. 

mr roboto said:

Well that's the fun of it, right? At least, I think it's all fun here. Hope that's how you took it. I bet it puts you close. I'm not sure how many people are out there like me - 99th or 98th percentile on literally every standardized test ever taken (all the Texas ones, PSAT, SAT, ACT, LSAT, GMAT, etc). Well - except when I took the SAT in 6th grade. Although I think I was 99th percentile for 6th graders.

I wonder if you get a score distribution for the bar exam.

I'm like the best at falling asleep.  Planes, trains or automobiles, I can do it.  I'm especially good at falling asleep sitting at a desk. 

Well that's the fun of it, right? At least, I think it's all fun here. Hope that's how you took it. I bet it puts you close. I'm not sure how many people are out there like me - 99th or 98th percentile on literally every standardized test ever taken (all the Texas ones, PSAT, SAT, ACT, LSAT, GMAT, etc). Well - except when I took the SAT in 6th grade. Although I think I was 99th percentile for 6th graders.

I wonder if you get a score distribution for the bar exam.
Did you win "Boy of the Year"?

Did you win "Boy of the Year"?

Standardized tests, IMO, really aren't about IQ either. I mean, intelligence is clearly an input, but so is being white, being male, coming from a two-parent household, coming from a middle class household, living in a good public school district, being raised to read more...

It's not about me. I'm genuinely interested to see what his response will be :shrug:  
that "elite" isn't a percentage definition.   Unless you're already excluding everyone who isn't at least very proficient at whatever you're talking about.

ELITE QB = the top 5 QBs in the NFL, maybe top 1/4 of them who start.  

ELITE soccer player = top 5-10 goal scorers, top 5-10 defenders...

that type of thing.  being a pro soccer player might be ELITE to a non-soccer player, but the last guy on the last team in the lowest league isn't ELITE.

Users who are viewing this thread