What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What do you expect frm Vincent Jackson in Week 16 @CIN? (1 Viewer)

Seriously. Anybody else going against him but me? Im done already (going against him, Tolbert, & SD Def). Just switched my whole lineup for high upside guys instead of safe guys since Im losing 70-0 right now.

well looks like he's on the sidelines now... Good night VJax, get some rest, see you in the SB next week :blackdot:

Has had him since drafting him and even turned down offers of a 4th rd pick next year for him in the middle of the season. Started him this week since my WRs are real weak now and wanted a high upside pick. Makes holding onto him for the whole year worth it, especially since I also have Rivers going tonight.

kutta said:
I'm going nuts trying to pick between VJax and Floyd. I am leaning towards Floyd, but I just know it will be the wrong decision.
Hey Kutta, I am wrestling between these two as well as Big Mike and Ward for my 2 spot.I liked Floyd last weekend but Vjax looked good. Don't forget that long play that got called back due to penalty. He should have been 3 for 75 with a 2nd half that didn't feature a lot of passing. Vjax appears to be back IMO, and if thst's the case I am rolling with him over Floyd. To me there's more of a chance Floyd comes up gimpy on that hammy than Vjax getting hurt again. He does have a full game under his belt now.I have Rivers as my Qb so I need to assume he's going to have a good game. If he does, you would think both of these guys would be startable. I got with Bloom on yhis exact topic and he said you got to go with who's got the most talent in this situation, which is Vjax confirming what I have in my starting lineup.Good luck though man. I just want the game to start. I've thought hard about this for 3 days now, I'm tired of it. I'm in on Vjax tonight, good, bad, or ugly.I a
Up 69-0 with Rivers and Vjax. Props to everyone that played him. I had him in before Floyd was ruled out but Floyd being out certainly made me feel easier as there was no more decision.Wow, 112 and 3. VJax, you are officially forgiven for when I started you and you left after 2 plays. SD offense now has 1.5 weeks to get healthy.Their next game is IN Cinci. Let's hope for MILD temperatures. We don't want ice cold weather and windy conditions in that joint.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kenny Powers said:
emge said:
emge said:
Started VJax over Roddy White... already feeling good about it :rolleyes:
did I mention I was already feeling good about starting him over Roddy white?
who is the other WR you decided to start over Roddy? Is it Jesus?
:goodposting: This was nowhere close to the right call. You doubled down on 15 and got a 6, Sparky.

Kenny Powers said:
emge said:
emge said:
Started VJax over Roddy White... already feeling good about it :rolleyes:
:goodposting: This was nowhere close to the right call. You doubled down on 15 and got a 6, Sparky.
You have to get lucky once in awhile. If you hit on 15 and get a 6, it was the right call. If you sit White and start another receiver who gets 112 and 3 td's, it's the right call. Obviously you're playing with fire and when it backfires, you need to remember nights like tonight because you're right in that it certainly won't work everytime.

Put VJAX in last minute over Brandon Marshall and got 39 and Kaeding's 10 put me in a nice spot. Still work to do Sunday if I want to upset the number one seed!

Happy to see VJax put up a big game, its really going to help his trade value in dynasty leagues in the offseason. Maybe i can get a RB or a top 3 rookie pick for him in a few weeks. :goodposting:

nysportsfan said:
Saint said:
Sweet Love said:
Is it too late to insert him in my lineup for Britt? :wall: :wall: :wall:
ouch...
Count me in the Britt camp, too :hifive:The only saving grace so far is that my opponent started Floyd and I started SD Defense. Watching those 35 points on my bench sucks, though.I doubt he has a game like week 16, but who knows?
Funny, I started the SD Def too, so at least I have those points...wacky scoring in this league (less to do with skill and much more due too luck than the typical league), but I would have sewn it up if i started V-Jax by friday morning...

Kenny Powers said:
emge said:
emge said:
Started VJax over Roddy White... already feeling good about it :wall:
:hifive: This was nowhere close to the right call. You doubled down on 15 and got a 6, Sparky.
You have to get lucky once in awhile. If you hit on 15 and get a 6, it was the right call. If you sit White and start another receiver who gets 112 and 3 td's, it's the right call. Obviously you're playing with fire and when it backfires, you need to remember nights like tonight because you're right in that it certainly won't work everytime.
like i said i did it knowing i could still start white in my flex if i benched an RB like charles or moreno. But i am considering leaving white on bench. He has no td's in last 4 weeks. His high since week 10 is 83 yds.

nysportsfan said:
Saint said:
Sweet Love said:
ouch...
Count me in the Britt camp, too :hifive: The only saving grace so far is that my opponent started Floyd and I started SD Defense. Watching those 35 points on my bench sucks, though.

I doubt he has a game like week 16, but who knows?
Funny, I started the SD Def too, so at least I have those points...wacky scoring in this league (less to do with skill and much more due too luck than the typical league), but I would have sewn it up if i started V-Jax by friday morning...

You still have 19 minutes!!!

nysportsfan said:
Saint said:
Sweet Love said:
ouch...
Count me in the Britt camp, too :hifive: The only saving grace so far is that my opponent started Floyd and I started SD Defense. Watching those 35 points on my bench sucks, though.

I doubt he has a game like week 16, but who knows?

You still have 19 minutes!!!
:wall: :wall: :wall: :lmao: :lmao:

Happy to see VJax put up a big game, its really going to help his trade value in dynasty leagues in the offseason. Maybe i can get a RB or a top 3 rookie pick for him in a few weeks. :hifive:
I advised a newbie in my Keep 3 league to trade Gresham for Arosh and V-Jax in week 2. He did it and got eliminated in the playoffs last week. With that said, he is holding a WR core that include Bowe, CJ, V-Jax, Colston and Wayne...he is going to set the market when it comes to trades come August...guy's sixth WR is Garcon...lol.Worst part about it is that on the eve of our trade deadline I was about to offer him Gerhart for V-jax, but had enough keepers of my own I had to dole out come August '11, that I chose not to offer the trade...found out later he would have taken it :wall: .

Just wanted to take the time to prop the message board and the staff for convincing me to start him. This is why this is the best site out there....hands down.

kutta said:
I'm going nuts trying to pick between VJax and Floyd. I am leaning towards Floyd, but I just know it will be the wrong decision.
Hey Kutta, I am wrestling between these two as well as Big Mike and Ward for my 2 spot.I liked Floyd last weekend but Vjax looked good. Don't forget that long play that got called back due to penalty. He should have been 3 for 75 with a 2nd half that didn't feature a lot of passing. Vjax appears to be back IMO, and if thst's the case I am rolling with him over Floyd. To me there's more of a chance Floyd comes up gimpy on that hammy than Vjax getting hurt again. He does have a full game under his belt now.I have Rivers as my Qb so I need to assume he's going to have a good game. If he does, you would think both of these guys would be startable. I got with Bloom on yhis exact topic and he said you got to go with who's got the most talent in this situation, which is Vjax confirming what I have in my starting lineup.Good luck though man. I just want the game to start. I've thought hard about this for 3 days now, I'm tired of it. I'm in on Vjax tonight, good, bad, or ugly.I a
:moneybag:I had Vjax in too. It's a beautiful thing. Nice start to semi-finals week.

Tonight VJax is gonna make a lot of money. Well, technically, he'll make it this offseason but he's gonna put some big plays on tape tonight.The 49ers front 7 is solid against the run but the secondary is susceptible. The Packers rolled out play-action and deep passes after halftime two weeks ago. Last week Matt Hasselbeck was brutal and he still threw for 285 and 2 TD's. I'm guessing Norv Turner lets the passing game loose tonight at home.
3 TD's :thumbup:So how much money did Vincent Jackson make last night? :goodposting:

I can't explain how great this is for me.

#1 Started VJax in 2 leagues.

#2 In another league, my opponent had Rivers and benched him! (They started Brady)

#3 That same opponent benched SD defense as well. (Patriots D)

Otis said:
I'm expecting to bench him for Colston.
Colston has a lot of work to do.......
Thanks to the Dodds updated rankings, I started VJax along with Wayne and Colston, benched Steve Johnson.Thanks DD :excited:
As of Wednesday Dodds had Vjax still down in the 20's while Bloom had him around 7/8 but on the updated Thursday sheets Dodds moved him up to 8. Still cannot believe they had the SD DST as the 10th best unit... glad I didn't pay attention to that!

OP here, trying to resurrect the thread for Week 16. Is there any reason to not expect less than 70yds and a TD this week against the Bengals?

VJax is not injured himself, so...I'm Playing him no matter who else San Diego is starting. He is now a must start. :excited:

Probably reading too much into this, but are there any SD homers out there who can talk about V

Jax's reaction be potentially being hit with the franchise tag after his Week 15 performance, given the past assumption that he is out of SD?

I know he went off against the 9ers, but also sat nearly the entire 4th quarter.
He can sit all he wants after what he did (31 points for me)! Me thinks you're thinking too hard. He is their only healthy, reliable WR plus he's trying to make $$ for next year and River's wants him back.

Probably reading too much into this, but are there any SD homers out there who can talk about VJax's reaction be potentially being hit with the franchise tag after his Week 15 performance, given the past assumption that he is out of SD?
Hmmm...I was feeling all warm and fuzzy after holding onto him all year and starting him last week, his 29 points a major factor in my making it to my championship game.However this talk- combined with the recent resurgence of Marshall- is only serving to cloud my picture of who to start with Roddy. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread