What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What do you think about Farve missing camp now? (1 Viewer)

Da Guru

Fair & Balanced
As you saw Farve had no timing at all with his WRs and looked way out of sync all night.

Farve hates camp and that is a known fact. Farve knew he was coming back but still played the little cat and mouse game he has played for the last 3-4 years. Looks like it cost the Vikings a win tonight. This game was there for the taking but Farve was not ready to play.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is the beginning of the implosion of the Vikings season. They are literally one high profile injury away from the whole thing going to seed.

It is going to be a pleasure to watch.

As you saw Farve had no timing at all with his WRs and looked way out of sync all night.Farve hates camp and that is a known fact. Farve knew he was coming back but still played the little cat and mouse game he has played for the last 3-4 years. Looks like it cost the Vikings a win tonight. This game was there for the taking but Farve was not ready to play.
The player he was out of sinc with tonight was Harvin, who was also out most of camp.

I don't think the problem is Favre. It's missing Sidney Rice, and to some extent Chester Taylor. Without Rice they don't have a downfield threat, and without Taylor they don't have a good outlet.

Last year he had no problem getting into a rhythm with a brand new team...

Same with the Jets 2 years ago and that was a fully new offensive system.

I think it has more to do with his ankle and Rice being out. Plus even if he was in camp he wouldn't have had much time with Camarillo.

This is awesome. No coach, no leader, and starting out losing to the guys that beat you on the way to the superbowl.

I agree. Childress sending down those three guys to bring Favre back had nothing to do with actually talking him into playing this season and had everything to do with getting him to camp ASAP. I agree with the OP in that it was not early enough.

I think this is the beginning of the implosion of the Vikings season. They are literally one high profile injury away from the whole thing going to seed.It is going to be a pleasure to watch.
Let's see:Playing one of the top teams in the NFL. CheckPlaying away. CheckInjuries a concern. CheckStill could have won the game. CheckSeason not a lost cause yet. Check.

Last year he had no problem getting into a rhythm with a brand new team...Same with the Jets 2 years ago and that was a fully new offensive system. I think it has more to do with his ankle and Rice being out. Plus even if he was in camp he wouldn't have had much time with Camarillo.
Father Time and lack of practice may have something to do with it as well.

Last year he had no problem getting into a rhythm with a brand new team...Same with the Jets 2 years ago and that was a fully new offensive system. I think it has more to do with his ankle and Rice being out. Plus even if he was in camp he wouldn't have had much time with Camarillo.
First two games of last year the offense sucked except for one spectacular play by Peterson against the Browns.

Why wasn't Camarillo more involved? The play calling seemed poor at times... and favre was slow getting back in the pocket, etc. They also have to be more creative in getting ADP the ball in space. Credit to NO's Defense too.

If I was a Viking fan I wouldn't panic....but I would be mighty concerned with what I saw tonight.
Most of the time, defending Super Bowl champs tend to make their opponents look bad. I think it has something to do with the fact that they are usually good teams. As bas as they looked, and as bad as the playcalling was in the 2nd half, it was still a close game. The Vikes patchwork DBackfield played the Saints pretty well tonight.

1) Harvin was the one that was off, killing the pass attempts.. Not farve2) The timing between Farve, Harvin, and Camarillo couldn't have started earlier than it did due to injuries to Harvin and Camarillo net being there till 5 mins ago.3) they were playing against 1 heck of a defensive unitNow if you were to say Farve could have been more mobile and harder to take down on a jersey tackle, I'd agree, he's showing age and injury in those legs...

New Orleans was NOT a top defense unit last season. They were 26th against the pass last season.

If I was a Viking fan I wouldn't panic....but I would be mighty concerned with what I saw tonight.
It's not like the Saints totally beat the crap out of the Vikings. And they were playing at home.
Its not like the Saints played lights out either. Missed MG's and a few dropped catches...2 I believe for TD's.
That's the point. It's the first game of the season and no team is at the top of their game.

1) Harvin was the one that was off, killing the pass attempts.. Not farve2) The timing between Farve, Harvin, and Camarillo couldn't have started earlier than it did due to injuries to Harvin and Camarillo net being there till 5 mins ago.3) they were playing against 1 heck of a defensive unitNow if you were to say Farve could have been more mobile and harder to take down on a jersey tackle, I'd agree, he's showing age and injury in those legs...
I don't think all the blame is on him, but can you make any more excuses for him.Harvin was the reason alot of the passes were off?Even those not even intended for him? He looked off, timing, zip at times, accuracy.He and Harvin both looked rusty...as did Berrian (though, does he even have an excuse?).

Go figure the haters have to get in their shots while they can. If this was week 6 maybe I'd start to agree with you.

Forgive me for not feeling like the sky is falling.

Resume the hate, because something has to distract from your own teams shortcomings.

New Orleans was NOT a top defense unit last season. They were 26th against the pass last season.
What does that have to do with todays game?
Well, when someone says the the Vikings played against one heck of a defensive team, there needs to be some sort of reason to believe that defense is good. Based on last years stats that defense is not so good.
What about using the current stats and watching the plays they made today? :mellow:

Good grief folks. New Orleans scored at least 17 points in every game last year (except meaningless week 17 when Brunell started). The Vikings just held them to 14 points, better than anyone else did last year. Was Favre's timing off? Yep. But they've got Miami and Detroit next, then a bye. They will get get the timing issue figured out and get several players healthy in the next few weeks. I have to laugh at those who are predicting an implosion. They just took the Super Bowl champs down to the wire, on the road, and AP looked good and the protection was solid. The timing will return for Favre and they will win 11 games. I'm not the least bit worried.

I don't think all the blame is on him, but can you make any more excuses for him.Harvin was the reason alot of the passes were off?Even those not even intended for him? He looked off, timing, zip at times, accuracy.He and Harvin both looked rusty...as did Berrian (though, does he even have an excuse?).
From what I saw, there weren't many bad throws by Farve. There were a few, but not like he was doing a horrible job. All the mistakes Harvin made.. if he would have caught half of the passes thrown to him the game would have been completely different. I thought farve was throwing fire when he could throw from balance. Balls were coming in fast and straight. And there were very few balls that weren't on target and without "zip" We must have been watching different games.

I thought the Minnesota Vikings let up too much pressure on Farve. They also didn't run the ball nearly enough in the second half. How is ADP a nonfactor in the 2nd half of a game they were winning at the half. Harvin stunk for the most part and Lewis and Berrian blow. Camarillo will start to see more and more time because those guys stink.

You know what?

You gotta keep in mind that this Saints defense is a pretty good (and underrated) defense.

Yes, he looked a little out of sync, and the missing of camp may have something to do with this. He is also without his #1 WR and that doesnt help either.

However, I would say that the awesome defense he was up against has to factor into this a lot too.

it all added up to a weak fantasy showing for Minnesota players. This is the week to pickup the Minny players that other people drop cuz this may be the toughest matchup for the Vikes all year.

From what I saw, there weren't many bad throws by Farve. There were a few, but not like he was doing a horrible job. All the mistakes Harvin made.. if he would have caught half of the passes thrown to him the game would have been completely different. I thought farve was throwing fire when he could throw from balance. Balls were coming in fast and straight. And there were very few balls that weren't on target and without "zip" We must have been watching different games.
As biased and a hater that some blame me to be...come on with this.You didn't see many bad throws?Did you watch the same game and 2nd half that I did?I did not say it was a horrible job...but he was off.Thing is, Favre has been able to throw fire off balance, and it did not seem to be there at times tonight.I agree, we were watching different games, as were guys like Dungy who echoed similar things to me after the game.But Im sure he is just a hater too right?

You know what? You gotta keep in mind that this Vikings defense is a really strong defense.Yes, he looked a little out of sync, and the missing of camp may have something to do with this. He is also without his #1 WR and that doesnt help either.However, I would say that the awesome defense he was up against has to factor into this a lot too.it all added up to a weak fantasy showing for Minnesota players. This is the week to pickup the Minny players that other people drop cuz this may be the toughest matchup for the Vikes all year.
But other than Peterson right now, or Harvin...who is really a pickup for them.Maybe Shiancoe...but he looked pretty good, so that might not be all that cheap to pickup.

Well, when someone says the the Vikings played against one heck of a defensive team, there needs to be some sort of reason to believe that defense is good. Based on last years stats that defense is not so good.
What about using the current stats and watching the plays they made today? :unsure:
What current stats? Last year's stats are the most current stats we have being that it is the first game of the season. What more current stats would you have me use?

Berrian is the main problem - as a deep option the guy just looks disinterested most of the time.

Favre is looking old, tired, and slow.

Ap was running strong in the 1st half then they stopped giving him the ball in the 2nd half.

Im jettisoning Berrian-Harvin - maybe even trying to trade AP - it doesnt look good.

Oh and by the way we need a Qb and a coach.....

As biased and a hater that some blame me to be...come on with this.You didn't see many bad throws?Did you watch the same game and 2nd half that I did?I did not say it was a horrible job...but he was off.Thing is, Favre has been able to throw fire off balance, and it did not seem to be there at times tonight.I agree, we were watching different games, as were guys like Dungy who echoed similar things to me after the game.But Im sure he is just a hater too right?
Everyone knows you to be the #1 critic of anything Farve or Vikings on this board, so I'm baffled by your "who me" act...And, I take everything the commentators say with a grain of salt.. They're entertainers first and foremost. Harvin was putrid, and if he were to have caught just 2 more balls, that would have kept the heavy coverage off of Shianco who was obviously the best viking receiver on the field tonight. Would have also extended the drives allowing more plays. The Vikings could have won this game tonight with better WR play, and then NOBODY would have been blaming Farve for anything...

What about using the current stats and watching the plays they made today? :loco:
What current stats? Last year's stats are the most current stats we have being that it is the first game of the season. What more current stats would you have me use?
Stats from today's game? Watch the game, they were playing very good D.. Last years games have absolutely nothing to do with tonight.

Everyone knows you to be the #1 critic of anything Farve or Vikings on this board, so I'm baffled by your "who me" act...And, I take everything the commentators say with a grain of salt.. They're entertainers first and foremost. Harvin was putrid, and if he were to have caught just 2 more balls, that would have kept the heavy coverage off of Shianco who was obviously the best viking receiver on the field tonight. Would have also extended the drives allowing more plays. The Vikings could have won this game tonight with better WR play, and then NOBODY would have been blaming Farve for anything...
#1 critic...not really, just can call it how Ive seen it with him. I defend him plenty too.There was not much to defend tonight. He and Harvin both looked rusty.Dungy may be an "entertainer" now...but come on, that will be your excuse for that?I think they could have won with better play from the WRs or from the QB...or from a coach smart enough to actually give the ball to his best player.But your constant excuses for Favre are getting laughable.

#1 critic...not really, just can call it how Ive seen it with him. I defend him plenty too.There was not much to defend tonight. He and Harvin both looked rusty.Dungy may be an "entertainer" now...but come on, that will be your excuse for that?I think they could have won with better play from the WRs or from the QB...or from a coach smart enough to actually give the ball to his best player.But your constant excuses for Favre are getting laughable.
Whatever you say bud... It's actually pretty predictable that you'll be in every Farve thread basting him on rotisserie...

Go figure the haters have to get in their shots while they can. If this was week 6 maybe I'd start to agree with you. Forgive me for not feeling like the sky is falling.Resume the hate, because something has to distract from your own teams shortcomings.
You don't think Favre being in camp earlier would have been beneficial to this year's team? :loco:

Users who are viewing this thread