What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What does your FF rookie draft look like now? (1 Viewer)

Warhogs

Footballguy
I honestly have not tried to figure this out yet. I think the top 3 remain the top 3 but things may be changing after that. Anyone care to project what they think the first round of their rookie draft will look like?

I don't think the 1.4 is garbage, but it's not nearly as valuable relative to the mid 1st round picks as it was 24 hours ago.

I still need to sit down and evaluate things but I think thhat after the big 3 my next 3 may now be Thomas, LeShoure, Williams. I'm not sure if I feel as bad about my 1.4 spot in one league as I feel good about my 1.6 pick in another.

Huge drop after the top 3. The 1.4 pick is garbage!! :angry:
:confused: Williams? LeShoure? Thomas? Cobb? Little? I LOVE how this class is shaping up.
I think I like the big three, then Thomas and Little.
The big 3, then williams, thomas, little, hankerson and a bunch of other ??? the 1.8 is as good as the 1.4 imo. Man im pissed... :thumbdown:
You want to put Cobb and Thomas in the same boat, that's fine, but I see one guy that's 5th in line for touches, at best, and another that, right now, has zero competition for carries in Miami.

I see picks 4-6 having to be the RBs. Late round 1 to mid round 2 will probably see quite a few WR. If I am picking in the 4-6 spot in each round I think I can get a quality WR in round 2 if I want a WR.

I have the 1.02,1.03,1.05 & 1.06. Gonna try to move the 6 plus a player or 2nd round pick and get the 1.1 cause after the top 3 it'll still be a crapshoot.

Baldwin will likely go from 1.4 to 1.06 in many drafts. 1st round pick even with character concerns and high upside.

Jones

Green

Ingram

Thomas

Williams

Cobb

Smith

Young

Baldwin

Little

A bunch of the WRs went to teams where they'll have a great chance to be producing within two years. Most of the 2nd/3rd are in RBBC hell.

I wouldn't want to make the Williams pick, but it's probably what I would do at 5.

Non-ppr

1. Ingram

2. Green

3. Jones

4. Vereen

5. Thomas

6. Williams

7. Torrey Smith

8. Titus Young

9. Greg Little

10. Jonathan Baldwin

11. Mikel Leshoure

12. Randall Cobb

13. Vincent Brown

14. Alex Green

15. Leonard Hankerson

16. Auston Pettis

17. Demarco Murray

18. Cam Newton

19. Jake Locker

20. Kyle Rudolph

22. Stevan Ridley

22. Lance Kendricks

23. Blaine Gabbert

24. Christian Ponder

I'm really surprised how many people are already writing off LeShoure. I think he has a good chance to push Best off to Reggie Bush type duty and also get all the goal line work on an exciting young offense. As someone that has a mid first round pick, I'm quite happy to see him slide.

i say 1.4 leshoure 1.5 g little 1.6 baldwin

little is going to be the browns best wr this year, where leshoure will get carries once jahvid gets a breather and gets hurt. IF i need a wr i am going to take the shot at little all day. That kid can be special

I'm really surprised how many people are already writing off LeShoure. I think he has a good chance to push Best off to Reggie Bush type duty and also get all the goal line work on an exciting young offense. As someone that has a mid first round pick, I'm quite happy to see him slide.
Shhhhhh

Shhhhhh
Ill take a healthy best over leshoure all day in a ppr league. You can go ahead and be "sneaky man" taking leshoure, enjoy that junk....

IMO, in PPR:

1.01 AJ Green, WR, Cincinnati Bengals (transcendent talent)

1.02 Mark Ingram, RB, New Orleans Saints (RBBC ~ but will emerge as lead back in explosive O)

1.03 Daniel Thomas, RB, Miami Dolphins (little to no competition in a run based O)

1.04 Mikel LeShoure, RB, Detroit Lions (will complement Best, goal-line work)

1.05 Julio Jones, WR, Atlanta Falcons (second fiddle to White in heavy run O)

1.06 Greg Little, WR, Cleveland Browns (#1 WR in WCO)

1.07 Ryan Williams, RB, Arizona Cardinals (will push Beanie to the bench)

1.08 Shane Vereen, RB, New England Patriots (all purpose back or part of RBBC?)

1.09 Randall Cobb, WR, Green Bay Packers (will get the YAC, Driver's heir?)

1.10 Vincent Brown, WR, San Diego Chargers (behind injury prone Floyd, catches everything)

Tiered

Green Jones Ingram

Leshoure Thomas Williams

Little Murray Newton

Vereen Baldwin Brown Cobb

Initial thoughts. I need to sleep on it. Not really sure of the order for each tier either

Shhhhhh
Ill take a healthy best over leshoure all day in a ppr league. You can go ahead and be "sneaky man" taking leshoure, enjoy that junk....
It's just a bad situation from a fantasy standpoint. It's not like Best is a vet on his way out. He is one of the most dynamic young backs in the game.I'll let someone else grad Leshoure in the top 6, and let them have to deal with the Best vs. Leshoure situation for years.If he slipped to me at 10, sure I'd take a chance, but he won't. The hype train rolled through town pretty loud with this guy.

Guys, I would caution looking at situation too heavily considering that we have not seen the results of free agency. Talent is talent and these situations should change in the next few months and is a much more dynamic time than in years past when free agency was before the draft.

TieredGreen Jones IngramLeshoure Thomas WilliamsLittle Murray NewtonVereen Baldwin Brown CobbInitial thoughts. I need to sleep on it. Not really sure of the order for each tier either
Just yuck yuck yuck after that first 3 IMO. I think Thomas will be a downgrade from both Ronnie and Ricky. I would take Quizz Rodgers over everyone after the top 3 (regardless of where he lands). And I'd rather take Dion Lewis where he'll be drafted in fantasy drafts than anyone outside the top 6.

Last edited by a moderator:
1 Green

2 Ingram

3 Jones

4 Thomas

5 Williams

6 Leshoure

7 Little

8 Baldwin

9 Smith

10 Young

11 Vareen

12 Cobb

13 Jernigan

14 Brown

15 Hankerson

16 Newton

Still awaiting: Taiwan Jones, Kendall Hunter, Quizz Rodgers, Dion Lewis, Derrick Loche, Tandon Doss

1 Green2 Ingram3 Jones4 Thomas5 Williams6 Leshoure7 Little8 Baldwin9 Smith10 Young11 Vareen12 Cobb13 Jernigan14 Brown15 Hankerson16 NewtonStill awaiting: Taiwan Jones, Kendall Hunter, Quizz Rodgers, Dion Lewis, Derrick Loche, Tandon Doss
Newton's a little high then, right? ;)Pretty good list.

All this talk about Vareen, but the NE backfield is sooooo packed. I don't see any value there
It was packed last year too and there was plenty of value there. Sometimes draft day isn't so clean fantasy-wise, doesn't mean we should just disregard certain players on certain teams.

Guys, I would caution looking at situation too heavily considering that we have not seen the results of free agency. Talent is talent and these situations should change in the next few months and is a much more dynamic time than in years past when free agency was before the draft.
My rookie draft starts Monday. And I need some help after the second round threw up all over my 1.04 and 1.07 picks.

thomas may be in a good position, but the guy looks S.... L.... O.... W.... to me. his cuts are lazy looking. and his arm dangles as he carries the ball. i think he could be a huge train wreck and probably will not be my 1.04. i like leshourne better than williams, but i like williams situation much better, and right now would take him over leshourne.

For me I have them:

1. A.J. Green

2. Mark Ingram

3. Julio Jones

4. Daniel Thomas

5. Mikel Leshoure

6. Torrey Smith

7. Greg Little

8. Ryan Williams

9. Leonard Hankerson

10. Vincent Brown

11. Jon Baldwin

12. Titus Young

Everyone putting Thomas that high needs to remember that there is much more added risk this year since Free Agency will occur after our rookie drafts. It is not unlikely that a team like MIA will add another running back before the season.

I was hoping Little would fall to me at 1.12 but after reading this thread its very apparent that won't happen. I'm leaning towards Alex Green at the end of the 1st. Something about his style that I like. I keep picturing Steven Jackson and the Rams potent offense when I picture Green running out of Green Bays backfield.

I was hoping Little would fall to me at 1.12 but after reading this thread its very apparent that won't happen. .
For early drafters I can see Little moving into the top 5.Most talented wr on his team and a great fit for the offense cle runs. Can turn short catches into long plays, amazing after the catch ability. Juiced up anquan boldin.

....let's not fool ourselves into forgetting this is not a great draft for fantasy to begin with..... going into to Thursday there were only 2 , maybe 3, elite talents (Ingram and Green, Julio)and a few guys who could help their chances to make a nice impact in the right situation.

I have the 1.5 and 1.6 ... hopeing a combo of Jones, Thomas, LeShoure , or Williams is there.

I'm going to take a crack at this. My draft starts on Monday in one league and I've done pretty poorly in previous drafts so I'm at least trying to put a lot more effort this year.

Tier one

1 M Ingram NOS RB Drops to three in PPR

2 J Jones ATL WR Talent level close enough to Green to rank ahead based on situation.

3 Green CIN WR Great player, iffy landing

Tier two

4 M LeShoure DET RB Nobody jumps out as better despite iffy landing

5 R Williams ARI RB See LeShoure

6 D Thomas MIA RB Great situation, not sold on talent

7 G Little CLE WR I might be suffering from a bit of hype

Tier three

8 T. Smith BAL WR Might be the missing piece for BAL

9 J Baldwin KCC WR More project than I like in first round

10 L Hankerson WAS WR Good situation for talented player a QB away from great situation

11 C Newton CAR QB Go big or go home here. Plus, an elite QB in my league (or even a decent QB1) is the hardest piece to trade for.

12 t Young DET WR I’m iffy here, but I’m iffy on everyone after this.

13 A. Green GB RB Should be RB3 behind two injuries waiting to happen. Prolly too high, but whatever.

Tier four

14 S Vereen NE RB Seems destined for career complementary back. I might move him back despite second round status.

15 C Kaepernik SF QB I’m buying that Harbaugh can mold the raw Kaepernik

16 A Pettis STL WR Wide open WR group in STL. Could be the go to guy in STL.

17 B Gabbert JAX QB I’d be happy to get him here

18 D Murray DAL RB DAL backfield too murky to rank higher

19 J Locker TEN QB I like TEN’s commitment, but accuracy concerns are real

20 R Cobb GB WR Versatile athlete might take a couple seasons

21 A Dalton CIN QB CIN just seems lost right now.

22 K Rudolf MIN TE If TE is need, I’d move him higher

Tier five

23 C Ponder Min QB Not sold on Ponder or MIN QB development

24 V. Brown SDC WR Good college player, but not sold he will be more than WR3 in NFL

25 J Jernigan NYG WR NY seems set at WR. Probably returner to start.

26 S Ridley NE RB I’d give BB the benefit of the doubt, but lately, drafts are just odd.

27 R Mallet NE QB Worth having only if Brady is on your squad.

Tier fifteen

28 L Kendricks STL TE Crowded group.

29 R Housler ARI TE Probably off most dynasty rankings once day three is over.

Tier 1: Jones, Ingram, Green

Tier 2: Williams, LeShoure, Thomas, Little, TSmith

I have the #2 and #5 picks in two leagues and think I'll walk away with 4 different players.

Flacco to Torrey Smith will be looked at in 2 years like Ben to Wallace is looked at now.
i'm thinking the exact same thing. torrey has a chance to be the next wallace.
He also has a chance to be DHB 2.0.
because he went to MD, right? yeah, that makes sense. i hope you and everyone else out there keeps thinking this. :D
BAL does seem incapable of drafting (or at least developing) a good WR. Track record isn't good for quite some time.

Shhhhhh
It's just a bad situation from a fantasy standpoint. It's not like Best is a vet on his way out. He is one of the most dynamic young backs in the game.I'll let someone else grad Leshoure in the top 6, and let them have to deal with the Best vs. Leshoure situation for years.If he slipped to me at 10, sure I'd take a chance, but he won't. The hype train rolled through town pretty loud with this guy.
I dunno....given the chance to go back and draft Jon Stewart when he had D Will in front of him at Carolina I would likely do it.

Users who are viewing this thread