What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the deal with Fred Taylor? (1 Viewer)

Jedimaster21

Footballguy
Just wondering if anyone had any information on Fred Taylor's status. There seems to tons of RB depth in Jax, and I know he isn't happy at all with his contract. Feel free to speculate as well. I think Detroit might be a good fit with KJ's health questions, and Fred actually played quite well last season.

Fred Taylor-RB- Jaguars Feb. 28 - 10:35 pm et

The Jaguars and Fred Taylor are reportedly closing in on a new three-year contract extension.

Such an extension would deal a severe blow to Maurice Drew's fantasy upside, but Fred earned it by staying mostly healthy, averaging five yards-a-carry, and agreeing to split the load in 2006. Taylor is due a $2.5 million salary in 2007 but has demanded that number be bumped to $5 million.

Source: Profootballtalk.com

Head coack Jack Del Rio responding to a question from Mike Dempsey (WZNZ, 1460 AM) about how confident he was the team would re-sign running back Fred Taylor to a new contract: "I'm off the charts on the confidence scale. We will work out something with Fred, and he's going to be here."
LINK

Users who are viewing this thread