What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered? (2 Viewers)

Agreed.  And its probably too early to know where those picks will be.

Andy is right.  Sure, Hopkins is the better dynasty option..  But three #1s on top of Crabtree?  Hopkins has had success and a little meh too... I don't think the name commands three #1s at this time.

In some situations, I can see someone taking your offer.  A "win-now" team that thinks he is a player away (and also loves Hopkins).  I can also see someone else, who believes he paid a price to acquire those extra picks, being turned off,

His counter was clearly sarcastic, deserved or not.

Next year's draft may not have the same depth, but what do the #4, #8 and #12 picks acquire THIS year? 
Probably any individual player in the right circumstances.  In most circumstances any player outside of DJ, evans, zeke and bell.  Some might prefer to keep a few others but generally you can make a case to trade any player for Mixon, Howard and Samuel. 

Again, as I said my offer was an opener. I didn't think it would be accepted but I also didn't think it was so far away that it would receive the overreaction either. 

Mixon, Ross, Hunt? Is that enough to move Hopkins? For a rebuilder possibly..
Possibly?  Most rebuilders would break their finger hitting accept. 

As a contender I wouldn't trade Antonio brown but I wouldn't complain if someone else did. 

Again, as I said my offer was an opener. I didn't think it would be accepted but I also didn't think it was so far away that it would receive the overreaction either

Mixon, Ross, Hunt? Is that enough to move Hopkins? For a rebuilder possibly..
I feel your pain.  People value players and picks differently.  The only thing you can count on is them valuing THEIR OWN players and picks more than everyone else...

Another tact might be to open negotiations with a discussion instead of an actual offer.  Gauge their interest level, see what they're interested in, etc.

Possibly?  Most rebuilders would break their finger hitting accept. 

As a contender I wouldn't trade Antonio brown but I wouldn't complain if someone else did. 
Yes possibly. Probably if that makes you feel better? When I ran a poll on DLF about Hopkins a month ago 1.3/1.8 vs Hopkins, the results were 70%+ Hopkins. Make it 1.4 and 1.12 ilo 1.3 and I'm guessing it's more likely 50/50. Granted rebuilders probably would favor the picks.

I dont like an offer=the need to post offer in worst trade offer thread
I've had plenty of bad offers but never even read this thread. That being said, I may have the worst:

I give: OJ Howard, 3 2018 1st rounders, 1 2018 2nd rounder, and 1 2019 1st rounder

I get: AJ Green

I was offered 1.1 pick for OBJ with Fournette, Cook, and Williams already gone. For some reason this owner really believes that his pick alone is worth OBJ.

SMH

Tex

I was offered 1.1 pick for OBJ with Fournette, Cook, and Williams already gone. For some reason this owner really believes that his pick alone is worth OBJ.

SMH

Tex
Obviously not something you take but if Davis is available I can see someone thinking he was essentially asking what you'd need with Davis for OBJ.  Poor way to do it unless you've asked about the pick. 

Obviously not something you take but if Davis is available I can see someone thinking he was essentially asking what you'd need with Davis for OBJ.  Poor way to do it unless you've asked about the pick. 
No, I didn't ask. He wants OBJ but every time I send a counter order he rejects it. I'm loaded with 2017 picks actually have the very next pick after him. I really don't need his pick so basically he wants OBJ for that pick.

Tex

jeaton6 said:
I offered someone Hopkins for his Crabtree and 3 2018 1's.

His response? Crap offer that I sent him of 3 2018 1s and a comparable scoring vet. His counter is Bortles for my Hopkins, 3 2018 1's, 3 2019 1's. 

I'm like wtf. His response is he had told me to stop sending him #### offers and that he will send me equally crap offers until I send him something fair. Lmao.

Dude is on the DNT list for now on.
In fairness to him you were asking for way too much for Hopkins. Crabtree is a comparable scoring veteran and is only 29. Since his game doesn't rely on speed he'll probably age well. You wanted 3 firsts on top of that?

In fairness to him you were asking for way too much for Hopkins. Crabtree is a comparable scoring veteran and is only 29. Since his game doesn't rely on speed he'll probably age well. You wanted 3 firsts on top of that?
Yes. You can go back and read the thread a couple pages. I'm not going to reiterate again.

Yes. You can go back and read the thread a couple pages. I'm not going to reiterate again.
Yeah read all that afterwards - the guy reacted like a tool, but I would have rejected and not bothered to counter. When some one overvalues a player like that it leaves no room for a counter.

I like Hopkins but never thought he was as good as his 2015 season stats where he saw so many targets. He should bounce back from his 2016 season, but I think he'll settle in as a WR2 (in fact I think he's a younger Crabtree as far as his skillset).

Yeah read all that afterwards - the guy reacted like a tool, but I would have rejected and not bothered to counter. When some one overvalues a player like that it leaves no room for a counter.

I like Hopkins but never thought he was as good as his 2015 season stats where he saw so many targets. He should bounce back from his 2016 season, but I think he'll settle in as a WR2 (in fact I think he's a younger Crabtree as far as his skillset).
Agreed.  

How much do you think that initial offer is overvaluing Hopkins by? It seems to me like at most it's heavy by Crabtree (who is worth a late 1) or a 2018 1. Do you know anyone (outside of Andy D, of course) that would sell Hopkins for much less than Crabtree and 2 2018 1's or 3 1's? 

How much do you think that initial offer is overvaluing Hopkins by? It seems to me like at most it's heavy by Crabtree (who is worth a late 1) or a 2018 1. Do you know anyone (outside of Andy D, of course) that would sell Hopkins for much less than Crabtree and 2 2018 1's or 3 1's? 
To be fair, without knowing where those 1s will end up it's tougher to guage but to me that was asking for basically 4 first round picks for Hopkins (I think valuing Crabtree as a late future first is fair). If there's a good chance one of those picks will be high, I could make an argument that pick and Crabtree could be enough. Admittedly it's not easy to gauge his value coming off a really bad year (trust me I suffered through it in two leagues). I'm not sure Savage/Watson is a guarantee to boost his value back up - and I like Watson.

To be fair, without knowing where those 1s will end up it's tougher to guage but to me that was asking for basically 4 first round picks for Hopkins (I think valuing Crabtree as a late future first is fair). If there's a good chance one of those picks will be high, I could make an argument that pick and Crabtree could be enough. Admittedly it's not easy to gauge his value coming off a really bad year (trust me I suffered through it in two leagues). I'm not sure Savage/Watson is a guarantee to boost his value back up - and I like Watson.
I can't see any Hopkins owners selling him for Crabtree plus a 2018 1. Especially given where we are now in the offseason. I think Hopkins owners that are looking to selling wouldn't do so for anything less than an early 1 (top 4) this year and a bare minimum of a mid 1 this year. I think something like 1.3 and 1.6 at an absolute bare minimum which easily could be flipped for 3 2018 1's plus.

I own Crabtree in a couple leagues and while I get what you and a couple others are saying the reality is his worth to his owners (like DT) is higher than what people will pay for him. If I were to offer Crabtree and a 2018 1 for Hopkins (even if you thought it would be early)  I would be (and would expect to be) laughed at. I would expect Crabtree plus 2 2018 1's to pique interest but would more likely get a counter than an auto accept. That's what I would expect as an owner of both.

As a buyer I'd be happy to buy at Crabtree plus 2 2018 1's. As a seller I'd want more. I wouldn't have expected an accept of Hopkins plus 3 2018 1's but I also don't think it's so far out there that it shuts down any hope of a deal either. 

You value Hopkins more than anyone else, Jeaton.  It's ok, it happens.

...and I am happy to own him I my main dyno league. ?

You value Hopkins more than anyone else, Jeaton.  It's ok, it happens.

...and I am happy to own him I my main dyno league. ?
Not so sure about that. This one literally just came through an hour ago (not involved). Very timely. This is just a little less than Crabtree and 3 18 1's. Certainly more than Crabtree and 2 2018 1's.

Trade Summary:
* TD Roulette gets: DeAndre Hopkins WR HOU
* FSU gets: Joe Mixon RB CIN, Chris Godwin WR TB; 2018 1st round pick (likely top 4), was 3 this year.

Not so sure about that. This one literally just came through an hour ago (not involved). Very timely. This is just a little less than Crabtree and 3 18 1's. Certainly more than Crabtree and 2 2018 1's.

Trade Summary:
* FSU gets: Joe Mixon RB CIN, Chris Godwin WR TB; 2018 1st round pick (likely top 4), was 3 this year.
Well then... keep looking in your league for someone like this guy.that doesn't know what they're doing. I hope you find him.

Trade Summary:
That looks like Hopkins for two 1sts and a 2nd, which is a far cry from three 1sts and a high value starting WR.

And, in my view, this is about right.  I think you've been overvaluing Hopkins by about 1.5 firsts...

than Crabtree and 2 2018 1's.

Trade Summary:
That looks like Hopkins for two 1sts and a 2nd, which is a far cry from three 1sts and a high value starting WR.

And, in my view, this is about right.  I think you've been overvaluing Hopkins by about 1.5 firsts..
That's what I was thinking too, although the 1sts look to both be high.  Might be right but a little more than I'd give 

Mixon can and should be valued as two future firsts, considering you can pretty easily get two future firsts for a top 4 pick this year barring those picks both looking to be high.

Crabs is worth maybe a 2nd to me

You dont like the offer.  We get it.  Doesnt belong in this thread though

Last edited by a moderator:
Mixon can and should be valued as two future firsts, considering you can pretty easily get two future firsts for a top 4 pick this year barring those picks both looking to be high.

Crabs is worth maybe a 2nd to me

You dont like the offer.  We get it.  Doesnt belong in this thread though
No one said his offer was among the "worst trades offered" (he was the one that even brought it to light in here so he could list the counter he got). People just said he was overvaluing Hopkins in the first place which perhaps justified (although not really) the toolish reaction from the other owner.

Arodin said:

And, in my view, this is about right.  I think you've been overvaluing Hopkins by about 1.5 firsts...
You value Mixon as worth 1 2018 1? I think you should have another look at ACTUAL dynasty value because you're just wrong here.

You value Mixon as worth 1 2018 1? I think you should have another look at ACTUAL dynasty value because you're just wrong here.
Have you given us any indication of where those 2018 1sts are likely to fall?  Because while Mixon isn't exactly a "typical" 1st value, until we've seen where those picks are going to line up it's just as vague as this comment is.  Got a link to the league in question?

Have you given us any indication of where those 2018 1sts are likely to fall?  Because while Mixon isn't exactly a "typical" 1st value, until we've seen where those picks are going to line up it's just as vague as this comment is.  Got a link to the league in question?
One early, one mid, one late. Mixon/1.3 or 1.4 isn't worth just 1 2018 1 no matter how vague or how you choose to slice it. 

http://www55.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/76498#0

One early, one mid, one late. Mixon/1.3 or 1.4 isn't worth just 1 2018 1 no matter how vague or how you choose to slice it. 

http://www55.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/76498#0
I didn't suggest it was.  I suggested that your claim of "3 2018 1sts" was.  Until we knew where those stood there's a huge value scale this offer could have had.  3 late 1's plus Crabtree wouldn't be too far off as you suggest - maybe aggressive but nothing egregious.  But if someone views two of those picks as potential top 5 picks (I do on first quick glance) I could easily see how they think you're off your rocker.  I am a big Hopkins believer but I probably wouldn't give those up either, and with Crabtree and another 1st in there it looks to me like you are fishing for a sucker to overpay.

I didn't suggest it was.  I suggested that your claim of "3 2018 1sts" was.  Until we knew where those stood there's a huge value scale this offer could have had.  3 late 1's plus Crabtree wouldn't be too far off as you suggest - maybe aggressive but nothing egregious.  But if someone views two of those picks as potential top 5 picks (I do on first quick glance) I could easily see how they think you're off your rocker.  I am a big Hopkins believer but I probably wouldn't give those up either, and with Crabtree and another 1st in there it looks to me like you are fishing for a sucker to overpay.
I'm guessing you didn't look at all rosters just those of the picks because there is a huge range of outcomes for most in that league. Not overly top heavy. As you know, things change quickly in dynasty and suckers are those who equate projected 2018 1 early to actual 2018 1 early. 

Of course Crabtree plus 3 2018 1's was asking for an overpay. I never said it wasn't and have been very clear that it was an initial offer, but it's also not so far out there that it should elicit the response received either. There are people in leagues that value him highly and would at least offer a counter. 

You guessed incorrectly.  Two of those rosters are bad.  Yes, anything can happen, but two of those are very clearly chips in the Guice/Barkeley lottery.  Which is why you are after them I'm sure.  Nothing wrong with that, I have made a fortune cashing in such chips.  You replace Hopkins' scoring with a safe veteran Crabtree and get two swings at the fence.  That move is named after me in a couple of leagues.

I'm guessing you didn't look at all rosters just those of the picks because there is a huge range of outcomes for most in that league. Not overly top heavy. As you know, things change quickly in dynasty and suckers are those who equate projected 2018 1 early to actual 2018 1 early. 

Of course Crabtree plus 3 2018 1's was asking for an overpay. I never said it wasn't and have been very clear that it was an initial offer, but it's also not so far out there that it should elicit the response received either. There are people in leagues that value him highly and would at least offer a counter.
That's a pretty db comment to fire at me, and wrong to boot.  It would be quite the opposite.  Suckers are those that fail to project the potential value of a pick and get poor trade value for it as a result.  Clearly what you're after though, so good luck fishing.

You guessed incorrectly.  Two of those rosters are bad.  Yes, anything can happen, but two of those are very clearly chips in the Guice/Barkeley lottery.  Which is why you are after them I'm sure.  Nothing wrong with that, I have made a fortune cashing in such chips.  You replace Hopkins' scoring with a safe veteran Crabtree and get two swings at the fence.  That move is named after me in a couple of leagues.

That's a pretty db comment to fire at me, and wrong to boot.  It would be quite the opposite.  Suckers are those that fail to project the potential value of a pick and get poor trade value for it as a result.  Clearly what you're after though, so good luck fishing.
Wow you must have read my response immediately after I submitted it, then had time to scan every roster, evaluate them and write a response in 10 minutes?

Yes 2 of those along with about 6 others are chips. And one of those would have been acquiring Hopkins thus decreasing the odds of that happening. 

No comment was fired at YOU. It was simply a statement about suckers. It had nothing to do with you actually at all. Wrong? Ok man. You're right. Feel better now? I'm feeling magnanimous on Independence Day.

I don't need luck but thanks for the kind words.

I was offered Bortles, C.J. Anderson and a 2018 3rd for Ezekiel Elliot and a 2018 4th.

The owner revoked the offer a day later (I'm sure he didn't want to overpay).

I give Julio Jones and get Jordan Reed...

Not that it matters but the oft-injured and currently injured Reed isn't even an upgrade at TE for me...

This particular guy makes these offers all the time but its the first time he's made one to me.  I think this is his idea of humor.  I hope he doesn't think its the start of trade negotiations because he just took himself off my radar as a legitimate trade partner.

We had a new guy take over a team and he has sent me about five offers like this one where I get a couple firsts in addition to guys on IR, practice squad (Khalfani Muhamad anyone?), and/or end of the bench-ers.

Example 1

He gives
Hoyer, Brian SFO QB
Muhammad, Khalfani TEN RB
Mitchell, Malcolm NEP WR
Rogers, Chester IND WR
Searcy, Da'Norris TEN S
2 Year 2018 Round 1 Draft Picks

I give
Dalton, Andy CIN QB
Mixon, Joe CIN RB
Peppers, Jabrill CLE S
Year 2018 Round 2 Draft Pick from Dallas Cowboys

Example 2

He gives:
Hoyer, Brian SFO QB
Mitchell, Malcolm NEP WR
2 Year 2018 Round 1 Draft Picks

I give:
Dalton, Andy CIN QB
Mixon, Joe CIN RB
Peppers, Jabrill CLE S

Meanwhile, he gave up Allen Robinson for Holliday & a 2018 1st.

In a recent startup a guy offered me his 21st, 22nd and 23rd rounders for my 2018 1st.  This is after I traded nearly all my startup picks for future draft picks, essentially guaranteeing that pick is the 1.01 

Not offered to me, but:

Team A gave up Year 2018 Draft Pick 1.14;Year 2018 Draft Pick 2.14
Team B gave up Year 2018 Draft Pick 1.01

Oh yeah, and Team B accepted it too.

Didn't wanna crap up the actual Dynasty Trades thread with this bogus crap since it's not anywhere near reflective, just needed a place to go WOW.

Hankmoody said:
Not offered to me, but:

Team A gave up Year 2018 Draft Pick 1.14;Year 2018 Draft Pick 2.14
Team B gave up Year 2018 Draft Pick 1.01

Oh yeah, and Team B accepted it too.

Didn't wanna crap up the actual Dynasty Trades thread with this bogus crap since it's not anywhere near reflective, just needed a place to go WOW.
I had to read this a few times to see what piece I was missing.....I’m not really for vetoing trades, but I’d make an exception.....

I was offered D. Henry for 1.2, Woods, 2019 1 from a serial low baller. Not the worst ever but the worst this year.

I was offered D. Henry for 1.2, Woods, 2019 1 from a serial low baller. Not the worst ever but the worst this year.
Serial low ballers will make a mistake eventually. I had a SLB offer me gronk for fleener and a 2nd (when fleener went to NO) and I hit accept before he could revoke it- they often make an offer and remove it 5 mins later, asking for more. 

Users who are viewing this thread