What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered? (1 Viewer)

Still kind of new to dynasty and in an effort to be a good league mate I used to check this thread to make sure none of my offers had been posted. Then it became a reminder of my ineptitude when I would see offers which I would entertain as reasonable or good starting points posted as the worst people had ever received, so to avoid my shame, I would just avoid the thread Well, I just caught it at the top of the queue and I have recently received two doozies. I have very few brain cells left so I am asking for the sp's assistance in figuring out which one I should store away as the worst I have ever received.

My Gronk and Peyton for his West and Foles

or

My Kelce for his Ray Rice/Arizona Def/2016 3rd rnd pick
Both are horrendous, but at least in the first one you could have ended up with useful (albeit far less valuable than Gronk alone) players - so I'll say the second.

Maybe this isn't the worst I've ever been offered it it's pretty bad.

D. McFadden for J. Hill

Just got it. Looks like the McFadden contingent is trying to cash in on this Dal news.

16 team PPR

Toby Gerhart for Allen Robinson

Declined with no comment. Best part is that he's the type of owner who gets super aggressive himself when he receives soft trade offers, which is why I've stayed away from him for pretty much a year. He also sent me an offer of Forte for Julio, which is not quite as bad but still pretty optimistic. I'm not sure he's realized that the 2014 season is over already.

16 team PPR

Toby Gerhart for Allen Robinson

Declined with no comment. Best part is that he's the type of owner who gets super aggressive himself when he receives soft trade offers, which is why I've stayed away from him for pretty much a year. He also sent me an offer of Forte for Julio, which is not quite as bad but still pretty optimistic. I'm not sure he's realized that the 2014 season is over already.
I think Forte for Julio is worse.

At least Forte has some value. In the latest DLF mocks Toby went undrafted which puts him outside the top 278 players.

<p>

A new record worst offer for me. 12 team PPR, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex, TE, K, D.

• Freaks of the Industry will giveRodgers, Aaron GBP QB

Year 2015 Draft Pick 3.01

Year 2015 Draft Pick 3.06
  • To Nino Brown forMcCoy, LeSean PHI RB

Adams, Davante GBP WR

Cooks, Brandin NOS WR

Eifert, Tyler CIN TE

Year 2015 Draft Pick 1.03

Year 2015 Draft Pick 1.09
You're lucky if this is the worst you've ever received. Not the best, but nothing extremely wrong here.
If you really believe there's nothing extremely wrong (I take this to mean the value might be off a bit but not terrible) here then please list some completed trades you've made (or that have been made in any of your leagues) that are somewhat close to this. If there's nothing extremely wrong then I have to assume that you or your leaguemates have been part of some trades like this.
what would be the point? Hes right. If thats the worst then hes in good shape
I'd rather have the Rodgers side, but its not that bad.

<p>

A new record worst offer for me. 12 team PPR, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex, TE, K, D.

Adams, Davante GBP WR

Cooks, Brandin NOS WR

Eifert, Tyler CIN TE

You're lucky if this is the worst you've ever received. Not the best, but nothing extremely wrong here.
If you really believe there's nothing extremely wrong (I take this to mean the value might be off a bit but not terrible) here then please list some completed trades you've made (or that have been made in any of your leagues) that are somewhat close to this. If there's nothing extremely wrong then I have to assume that you or your leaguemates have been part of some trades like this.
Depends on the composition of my team. If I lack a QB and have RB/WR/TE depth then.... maybe - but I definitely pull the 1.03 & 1.09 from the offer.

<p>

Adams, Davante GBP WR

Cooks, Brandin NOS WR

Eifert, Tyler CIN TE

Personally if I really needed a QB upgrade, I'd rather go swipe a Ben Roethlisberger type for pennies on the dollar and give up the 1.5 pts per week difference between he and Rodgers, than give away that haul for one player. That trade offer makes zero sense.

I give: ODB

He gives: 1.02

Reasoning: The guy you get at 1.02 should be ODB in a year or two.

It's not that the value is THAT horrific (though it is bad), it's just that it makes no sense at all to do the deal.

12 team PPR

Offered: Year 2016 Round 1 Draft Pick (guess 1.8)

Give : Anderson, C.J., Hill, Josh, 2015 Draft Pick 2.02 & 2.07

It's not that the value is THAT horrific (though it is bad), it's just that it makes no sense at all to do the deal.
so why wait a year or two and hope for another OBJr? You have one now. I'd tell the guy to gfh mother.

Last edited by a moderator:
Give: 1.04, Michael Floyd

Get: 1.03, Josh Huff

This was the counter from my offer of 1.04/Floyd for 1.1.

It's worse than you're making it. The 1.02 shouldn't arguably be the # 1 dynasty player in his second season.
Not worst.

But trades like this could have it's own thread called "stupidest trade you have ever been offered".

Like if it is a one QB league and you have Luck, and the guy offered you Rodgers for Julio Jones or something. Not some horrific earth shatteringly bad offer, but it would be a horrifically stupid offer.

I think this one is bad enough to be here based on the "makes no sense" aspect.

I had a few this past week that should be in here but I rejected them so fast I forget what they were. Something like 3-4 third rounders for Julio. FUTURE thirds.

NE_REVIVAL said:
12 team PPR

Offered: Year 2016 Round 1 Draft Pick (guess 1.8)

Give : Anderson, C.J., Hill, Josh, 2015 Draft Pick 2.02 & 2.07
Take out CJ Anderson and that might make sense, but still probably not. :no:

cstu said:
Give: Watkins, 1.4

Get: Blackmon, Charles Johnson, 1.3
Thing is, would you give up Watkins for those pieces without giving up the 1.4? I wouldn't even do that. That trade is basically Blackmon/Johnson for Watkins.

funny how 4 years later many "horrible" offers don't look so bad.

12-team IDP PPR league... Late last season... Romo and Pettigrew for Ray Rice and Josh Freeman. I was told I probably wouldn't be able to get much more, if any, for Rice/Freeman.
1.12 for Chris Johnson Guy said cj's 2010 season was 30% less then his 2009 season and that decline should continue only leaving him 1-2 more years of being playable. Gotta give the guy credit for that reasoning.
Yesterday during Zealots draft I was offered this trade: I give TBB Mike Williams I get pick 3.12 and 3rd rounder next year
In my dynasty league last season somebody offered me: his John Carlson + TO for my Crabtree + Aaron Hernandez (right after Aaron Hernandez strung together a few solid games)
Just the other day I was offered 1.07 and Tashard Choice for my Andre Johnson. :X
1 week ago Give: LeGarrette Blount Get: Brandon Tate & Greg Olsen
Just yesterday some guy offered me Anthony Armstrong and 2.08 (picks aren't that valuable in our league) for Schaub.
Here is one I got 2 weeks ago...probably not the worst I have ever received, but it is definitely up there. *INTIMIDATORS proposed a trade with *Columbus Destroyers: * *INTIMIDATORS will give Moss, Randy TEN WR * To *Columbus Destroyers for Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB
not the worst....but most recent: * Karen's Nightmare will give Clausen, Jimmy CAR QB Massaquoi, Mohamed CLE WR * To Velvet Elvis for Hardesty, Montario CLE RB Year 2012 Round 4 Draft Pick from Velvet Elvis

JohnW1970 said:
Got this one today.

Give: O. Beckham

Get: A. Foster and Sanu

Surprisingly he turned down my counter of Colstan and SJax for L. Bell. I don't know how he passed it up.
I wonder how many of the "offers" posted in this thread are really retaliation offers like this.

JohnW1970 said:
Got this one today.

Surprisingly he turned down my counter of Colstan and SJax for L. Bell. I don't know how he passed it up.
I wonder how many of the "offers" posted in this thread are really retaliation offers like this.

Thing is, would you give up Watkins for those pieces without giving up the 1.4? I wouldn't even do that. That trade is basically Blackmon/Johnson for Watkins.
If it wasn't par for the course with this guy I'd be upset. This was the counter to my offer of Michael Floyd and the 1.4 for the 1.1.

JohnW1970 said:
Got this one today.

If it wasn't par for the course with this guy I'd be upset. This was the counter to my offer of Michael Floyd and the 1.4 for the 1.1.
I would have taken the offer you made originally.

Received a gem tonight:

I send: Alshon Jeffery

He sends: Tyler Eifert and Pick 2.05 (1.08 in actuality but it's a Superflex Devy and Mariota, Winston, Cooper, Gurley, Gordon, Strong, Funchess, Hundley and DGB are all gone)

The only benefit of the doubt I can give is 1.5 PPR for TE

He never accepts unless he believes it's extremely in his favor. Don't know why I bother.

He never accepts unless he believes it's extremely in his favor. Don't know why I bother.
I'm in this league as well. CSTU is spot on. Only trades he ever makes are with new people who come into the league and he rips them off. His offers border on ridiculous to disgustingly ridiculous. The worst part is, he's one of those guys who even after you tell him you're not interested in a certain player, he keeps sending offers with that same player...

I'm in this league as well. CSTU is spot on. Only trades he ever makes are with new people who come into the league and he rips them off. His offers border on ridiculous to disgustingly ridiculous. The worst part is, he's one of those guys who even after you tell him you're not interested in a certain player, he keeps sending offers with that same player...
His team name isn't something similar to the backup QB for the eagles is it?

New Dynasty Startup draft picks trade offer I just received

Year 2015 Draft Pick 3.12
Year 2015 Draft Pick 4.01
Year 2015 Draft Pick 5.12

for

Year 2015 Draft Pick 1.05
Year 2015 Draft Pick 2.08
Year 2015 Draft Pick 6.08

for

Terrible then again not atypical when people trying to find the one idiot that resides in most startups

for

:lol:

As if 1.05/6.08 for 3.12/5.12 wasn't laughable enough, I like how they threw another huge downgrade (2.08 to 4.01) in there as well.

Seriously what was this guy thinking? Moving up 8 spots in the 6th round is supposed to somehow balance with moving down 29 spots in the first and 17 in the 2nd?

Last edited by a moderator:
Something is in the air because I've had some doozies lately.

I think one guy offered me the 1.09 rookie pick for Dez Bryant and Sammy Watkins.

Uhhh...yeah.

FF_WMD said:

for

Terrible then again not atypical when people trying to find the one idiot that resides in most startups

it's gotten to the point in some dynasty leagues that i can't even entertain offers or make any. the offseason can't end soon enough...

I got offered Joe Flacco for 1.01. Start 1 QB.

His reasoning? "You're not going to get 300+ out of 1.01 this year."

D. Hopkins

For

1.05 & C. Patterson

Not blatantly terrible but Hopkins is probably not worth 1.05 alone.

D. Hopkins

For

1.05 & C. Patterson

i own 1.05 in a ppr and wouldn't trade it for hopkins.
Which is exactly what my response was.
That's not a bad offer at all. Frankly I think most would say Hopkins>1.3-1.5. His ADP is close to a full round ahead of Gurley on DLF.
This time next week, those adp values will reverse. Hopkins isn't worth near 1.03 - 1.05. Not close to it.

D. Hopkins

For

1.05 & C. Patterson

i own 1.05 in a ppr and wouldn't trade it for hopkins.
Which is exactly what my response was.
That's not a bad offer at all. Frankly I think most would say Hopkins>1.3-1.5. His ADP is close to a full round ahead of Gurley on DLF.
This time next week, those adp values will reverse. Hopkins isn't worth near 1.03 - 1.05. Not close to it.
So you're saying the top 5 picks (or more given you say not close) will catapult him and he falls from 14 to 19 or lower? Doubt it. Top 5 last year ADP in April was 22-80, June post draft ranged from 20-55 by Sept it was 17-40, even looking at top 5 from 2014 range is 2-25 now. Top 5 this year right now tighter range of 21-35. Do you think this is because top 5 is better than 2014 or 2014 rookie recency bias? Seems to me like 1.1-1.5 is close to peak ADP already. I could see each pick ADP improving a bit but not enough for more than 1.1 or 1.2 to surpass Hopkins.

Users who are viewing this thread