What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered? (1 Viewer)

In a 10 team league, Guy just offered 2.10 for Brady. I have Luck and Bortles. No idea why he would think I'm that stupid, I told him to come back with a real offer.
If this is a 1QB league what are you expecting to get for a QB of his age with a four game suspension on tap? Especially with only 10 starting QBs every week, 2.10 is a slightly shallow offer but worst you've been offered? :o

In a 10 team league, Guy just offered 2.10 for Brady. I have Luck and Bortles. No idea why he would think I'm that stupid, I told him to come back with a real offer.
Considering Brady's age and what you have at QB, I'd probably jump on that. How much longer do you expect him to play? He's 38.

If this is a 1QB league what are you expecting to get for a QB of his age with a four game suspension on tap? Especially with only 10 starting QBs every week, 2.10 is a slightly shallow offer but worst you've been offered? :o
In a 12-team league that I'm in, Brady was traded for a 3rd rounder even before the suspension. Thought he could have gotten more, but didn't think it was a crazy deal either.

Blake Bortles for 1.06

This is not a superflex, and I already have ARod and Bridgewater.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just today a team offered me Tre Mason for the 1.04 and Mike Evans.

I suppose because I have the #1 pick in our rookie draft he figures I'm going with Gurley.

What!!!

Not nearly as bad as the one I posted earlier, but good for a chuckle.

Team A gives:
Tate, Golden DET WR

I give:
Matthews, Jordan PHI WR
Year 2015 Draft Pick 2.03

Considering Brady's age and what you have at QB, I'd probably jump on that. How much longer do you expect him to play? He's 38.
Well, Brady has said many times that he wants to play for 5 more years. All of those years won't be be spectacular, I'm sure, but 2.10 is essentially the same as 3.01, and I'm not really totally sold on Bortles yet, should Luck go down. He was obviously trying to capitalize on the suspension.

Well, Brady has said many times that he wants to play for 5 more years. All of those years won't be be spectacular, I'm sure, but 2.10 is essentially the same as 3.01, and I'm not really totally sold on Bortles yet, should Luck go down. He was obviously trying to capitalize on the suspension.
I'd take 2.10

Just got this one

I give Lamar Miller and Montee Ball

I get 2.11

When I rejected the trade he added the 3.11

When I told him I wouldn't even trade Ball for that, he got mad at me.

You can't possibly believe this. What athlete wants to retire?

I'd take 2.10
Yep. Well, Probably.

In a 10 team non idp, that might be Funchess or Cobb? I'd probably take the risk.

I'd take 2.10
Auto-accept IMO.

According to the other owner, my offer was ludicrous enough to be here.

I offered

Jordan Mathews

For

2016 1st and ASJ (offered with and without a 4th rounder)

Thought it was reasonable enough. He countered that he would only trade those players straight up.

Blake Bortles for 1.06

This is not a superflex, and I already have ARod and Bridgewater.
Reminds me of the one I received earlier this year. I get Tony Romo and give up my 2016 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks.

I already have P. Manning and T. Bridgewater.....and CUT Romo last year.

Louche said:
Chris Matthews for 1.07 (Agholor, Perriman, Parker, DGB, Abdullah available)
Chris Matthews...you mean that guy on MSNBC? Close but I would rather have the 1.07. :hophead:

If that was for the Seattle Chris Matthews, then it does qualify for inclusion in this thread.

Louche said:
Chris Matthews...you mean that guy on MSNBC? Close but I would rather have the 1.07. :hophead:

If that was for the Seattle Chris Matthews, then it does qualify for inclusion in this thread.

Really? You place anywhere near first round value on Chris Matthews?

The earliest he was drafted in the three rookie drafts I've had so far was 4.11.

Louche said:

The earliest he was drafted in the three rookie drafts I've had so far was 4.11.
Um, this is the worst dynasty trade you have ever been offered thread. An offer of Matthews for any first round pick would qualify, for as you have pointed out, in those leagues you mentioned he was not drafted before 4.11.

Louche said:

The earliest he was drafted in the three rookie drafts I've had so far was 4.11.Um, this is the worst dynasty trade you have ever been offered thread. An offer of Matthews for any first round pick would qualify, for as you have pointed out, in those leagues you mentioned he was not drafted before 4.11.
My mistake. I read it as "...doesn't qualify..." for some reason.

Ok, so this one really isn't the worst offer ever in the history of forever, but I found the sales pitch pretty hilarious.

Charles Sims + Drew Brees

for

1.02 + Alex Smith

It's actually 1.04 in double player copy, but to simplify things let's call it 1.02. Gurley went 1.01 so my pick here would be Amari Cooper. Here's the pitch:

"I am all set at RB, and looking to draft a WR with this pick. Sims for Melvin Gordon seems like a pretty good deal for you, if you are looking to draft a RB. Sims is a year more advanced, and already looks like the starting feature back in Tampa."

:loco:

What do ya guys think about this one. 10 tm .5 ppr we're both in win now mode.

His luck

For

My cam , peyton, winston

Foster , hyde and 2016 1st

I was offered a mid 2nd round rookie draft pick in exchange for Jordan Matthews AND a 3rd round rookie pick. SO tempting... :rolleyes:

MFL allows owners to list their trade bait. Most listings are marginal players that no one would probably ever trade for and are destined for the waiver wire. I go the opposite route and list my best players to see what people are willing to pay. Antonio Brown is one of my trade bait players and I got this offer in my PPR league:

I give:

Antonio Brown

I get:

Tre Mason

Cole Beasley

Even if I owned Gurley, this is a horrible deal.

MFL allows owners to list their trade bait. Most listings are marginal players that no one would probably ever trade for and are destined for the waiver wire. I go the opposite route and list my best players to see what people are willing to pay. Antonio Brown is one of my trade bait players and I got this offer in my PPR league:

I give:

Antonio Brown

I get:

Tre Mason

Cole Beasley

Even if Gurley wasn't drafted by the Rams it's borderline horrible and at the very least "bad".

12 team ppr superflex this offseason

I give Brees + 4.01

I get Pitta

I give:

Antonio Brown

I get:

Tre Mason

Cole Beasley

I do this same thing. Too many people think trade bait = don't want him and will give up for nothing.

Checking my email I got an offer.

Delanie Walker for pick #6.

The next email I read said the offer was withdrawn. I figured the guy realized how bad the offer was.

The next email I read for Delanie Walker for pick #4.

It's not the worst offer I ever received, but I think giving up a top 4 pick for essentially free has to qualify in some capacity

Just had received an offer of:

give 1.01 and my 4.08

get 1.02 and his 4.02

Always wanted to deal out of the 1.01 for just moving up 6 picks in the fourth round in our dynasty rookie draft. :)

give 1.01 and my 4.08

get 1.02 and his 4.02

Always wanted to deal out of the 1.01 for just moving up 6 picks in the fourth round in our dynasty rookie draft. :)
If this is your worst dynasty offer, you should count your blessings.
I think it qualifies for the thread.

The value of the offer isn't as off as many many others, but the stupidity of it is

give 1.01 and my 4.08

get 1.02 and his 4.02

No kidding.

I offered Arian Foster for a LB who never became anything right before his first game and was turned down.

buck naked said:
football fan said:

give 1.01 and my 4.08

get 1.02 and his 4.02

Actually the worst trade offer that I had received was back in either 2004/2005, when I picked up this orphan team, and I ran out of useable QBs that actually had the possibility of scoring in fantasy football because of injury. Someone offered me Rich Gannon for my first round pick. This trade was actually useless because Rich Gannon had just suffered a serious neck injury wasn't even playing while he was near the end of his career.

I just mentioned the above offer because I just received it, and I couldn't believe someone actually took the time to make an offer like that.

buck naked said:
football fan said:

give 1.01 and my 4.08

get 1.02 and his 4.02

Actually the worst trade offer that I had received was back in either 2004/2005, when I picked up this orphan team, and I ran out of useable QBs that actually had the possibility of scoring in fantasy football because of injury. Someone offered me Rich Gannon for my first round pick. This trade was actually useless because Rich Gannon had just suffered a serious neck injury wasn't even playing while he was near the end of his career.

I just mentioned the above offer because I just received it, and I couldn't believe someone actually took the time to make an offer like that.
Yeah, "worst" doesnt have to be the most lopsided value for me. Worst can mean it makes flat out no sense or is just really idiotic.

Sure, offering Storm Johnson for Calvin Johnson and Antonio Brown would be about the worst value offer ever, but the offer you got was equally as stupid on some levels.

Does this oqualify?

Dynasty ppr

I give AJ Green and 1.5 and I get L Murray-Raiders and Tre Mason.
Not sure. You'd have to list every offer that you've ever received for me to determine whether its "the worst dynasty trade you have been offered" - but it's pretty bad.

This could surpass my worst. Pretty frigging bad.

This same owner traded Antonio Brown for 1.6 and 1.7. Then turned the picks into Yeldon and Maxx Williams (not TE premium).

Monkeys with Crayons will give

Sankey, Bishop TEN RB

Jones, Marvin CIN WR

Woods, Robert BUF WR

To DWs Dastardly D-Bags for

Johnson, Duke CLE RB

Green, A.J. CIN WR

Comments: Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread