What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered? (3 Viewers)

He emailed me "Geez man". I told him thats how I felt about his offer to which he replied, "General consensus is future 1sts are worth present late 1sts/early 2nds"
Whats this now? So the shark move is to load up on second round picks and move them all for future firsts? 

Not worst trade ever received but figured I'd share a funny story.

Offer showed up today:

2.6 for my 2017 1. (I earned the 1.1 this year.)

I countered my 2017 1 for the 1.4 and 2.1.

He emailed me "Geez man". I told him thats how I felt about his offer to which he replied, "General consensus is future 1sts are worth present late 1sts/early 2nds" and "sorry for offering you something I have  seen accepted hundreds of times".

I told him I've literally never seen anyone accept an offer like that. 

To see a trade like that accepted hundreds of times he must be in thousands of leagues with hundreds of teams that have been ongoing for 30 years.
I've seen late 1sts or early 2nds traded for future 1sts quite a few times (not usually as late as 2.6 though), typically when the pick is on the clock and someone is on the board that they team trading up wants.  Last year when I was on the clock at 1.12 I had at least 3 offers of a future 1st for the pick, but I was pretty intent on taking David Johnson there.

It's just a lot less likely to happen this year given the general feeling about the 2017 class and, for that matter, the 2016 class.  We may see a few of them once drafts are ongoing and people can put names to picks, but I would wager a whole lot less of them than usual.

14 team IDP..   Traded up to get the 1.01..  took Easy EZeke Elliot..  an owner just offered me Darren Mcfadden and Alfred Morris..  for...   Julio Jones..   

I've seen late 1sts or early 2nds traded for future 1sts quite a few times (not usually as late as 2.6 though), typically when the pick is on the clock and someone is on the board that they team trading up wants.  Last year when I was on the clock at 1.12 I had at least 3 offers of a future 1st for the pick, but I was pretty intent on taking David Johnson there.

It's just a lot less likely to happen this year given the general feeling about the 2017 class and, for that matter, the 2016 class.  We may see a few of them once drafts are ongoing and people can put names to picks, but I would wager a whole lot less of them than usual.
I've seen a late first thru early second for a future first about 5-10 times in my 10 leagues over the past 3 years. But only twice when team wasn't on the clock and never has it been for the 2.6 or anything later than the 2.2.

Its just really rare and thought it was silly that he was claiming it was common place. Hen again this is the same guy who offered me 1.4 and 2.1 for 1.1 and had no qualms about it.

Not worst trade ever received but figured I'd share a funny story.

Offer showed up today:

2.6 for my 2017 1. (I earned the 1.1 this year.)

I countered my 2017 1 for the 1.4 and 2.1.

He emailed me "Geez man". I told him thats how I felt about his offer to which he replied, "General consensus is future 1sts are worth present late 1sts/early 2nds" and "sorry for offering you something I have  seen accepted hundreds of times".

I told him I've literally never seen anyone accept an offer like that. 

To see a trade like that accepted hundreds of times he must be in thousands of leagues with hundreds of teams that have been ongoing for 30 years.
If you got the 1.01 this year because your team is that bad, that would lead me to believe your team could finish with the 1.01-1.03 for 2017.  That being the case, I think I would accept an offer of your 2017 1st for my 2016 1.04 and 2.01.

Or am I missing something?

If you got the 1.01 this year because your team is that bad, that would lead me to believe your team could finish with the 1.01-1.03 for 2017.  That being the case, I think I would accept an offer of your 2017 1st for my 2016 1.04 and 2.01.

Or am I missing something?
I had quite a few injuries but my receivers do suck. 

Start 2 RB/3 WR/1 TE 0.5 PPR

Brees/Wilson

Bell/Forte/Bernard/Woodhead

Hurns/Jones/T. Benj/R. Matthews

Graham/Barnidge

Brees/Wilson

Graham/Barnidge
The point I was trying to make is that I think you trading your 2017 1st is a bad move for you.

The point I was trying to make is that I think you trading your 2017 1st is a bad move for you.
Understood but my team is probably squarely in the middle post draft. Not likely a 1.1-1.3 candidate with a healthy Bell and Zeke (or what I can take in for Zeke). 

Brees/Wilson

Graham/Barnidge
Honestly I think you're lucky he was insulted by your counter. I'd rather have your 2017 first than the 1.04 and 2.01 - I just think it's going to be a much better class next year and (no offense) but your team looks like it could easily miss the playoffs again even with full health. Those WRs are pretty bad and your TE production is far from guaranteed.

12 team ppr, 1qb/2rb/2wr/1te/2flex

I just got offered:

Brown, Bryce SEA RB and Rawls, Thomas SEA RB

For:

Agholor, Nelson PHI WR and Evans, Mike TB WR

Wow - I guess he thinks Rawls is a top 5 RB and Brown is his handcuff!  ???

Dr. Octopus said:
Honestly I think you're lucky he was insulted by your counter. I'd rather have your 2017 first than the 1.04 and 2.01 - I just think it's going to be a much better class next year and (no offense) but your team looks like it could easily miss the playoffs again even with full health. Those WRs are pretty bad and your TE production is far from guaranteed.
No offense taken. Could definitely be the case. I will be adding Zeke at 1.1 and BPA at 1.7 as well as a bunch of 3rd round dart throws  but would need some instant production with those 2 firsts for this probably to not be true.

Was offered a 2018 1st for pick 2.

The value of this is not SUPER off like some deals in here, but regardless of the way people value things differently, this is just obviously stupid to anyone. 

12 team Superflex.

Was offered Eli Manning and Buck Allen for Aaron Rodgers.

Same owner also offered me a 2018 1st for Agholor

12 team Superflex.

Was offered Eli Manning and Buck Allen for Aaron Rodgers.

Same owner also offered me a 2018 1st for Agholor
These can't be close to the worst you've received. Honestly I'll bet the vote would be split on Algholor or the 2018 1.

I just had a pretty awful offer:

they give: Brees, Spiller, Avant and Blackmon (Yes that drunk guy) 

i give: Edelman, Dion Lewis and a 2017 1st. 

Obviously this guy is thinking Brees is younger and better than he is. 

12 team ppr, 1qb/2rb/2wr/1te/2flex

I just got offered:

Brown, Bryce SEA RB and Rawls, Thomas SEA RB

For:

Agholor, Nelson PHI WR and Evans, Mike TB WR

Wow - I guess he thinks Rawls is a top 5 RB and Brown is his handcuff!  ???
This offer isnt that bad.  Evans us overrated.

"Sarcasm"

Perhaps it should have read 1.1 for Hopkins and 1.2? 

Kind of assumed most would get the idea with this one...
While I agree it's not a great offer I could see doing that deal depending on the leagues scoring and your teams roster makeup.  Zeke could be that good in Dallas.    There are so few bell cows left at RB and none with an offensive line as good as Dallas.  Plus with the Texans additions on offfense Hopkins will likely see a drop in targets.  RBs that put up 1300 yards and 12 Tds are much harder to find than WRs that can put up those numbers.

Certainly not the worst offer I have been offered but 2 years ago I was offered Calvin Johnson for....the world and the other guy was serious with the offer.  He still says to this day "It was a fair offer at the time"........

Last edited by a moderator:
Certainly not the worst offer I have been offered but 2 years ago I was offered Calvin Johnson for....the world and the other guy was serious with the offer.  He still says to this day "It was a fair offer at the time"........

Yeah, and that guy is notorious for sending the worst offers of all time and then trying to convince you to take it, even saying "I hope you dont take it".

Just got this one- 12 team ppr Dynasty league

I give Keenan Allen

I graciously get Jay Cutler, Terence Williams and a 5th rounder this year. 

ghostguy123 said:
Yeah, and that guy is notorious for sending the worst offers of all time and then trying to convince you to take it, even saying "I hope you dont take it".
We have a guy like that in our league, the only difference is he will start you with an offer that is clearly favored to him, but still gives you hope that can talk and work something out and instantly revoke it. He then proceeds to send a couple of offers that are horrible and tries to work it back to the 1st offer and tries to make you think you are robbing him. 

I dont think you comprehend the difference between overrated and underrated.

Because you'd be the first I've heard say he is overrated. 
I guess I'm the first then, and I'm OK with that.  Evans is ranked as a top 5 Dynasty WR, and I've seen him ranked as high as #2 & #3 overall in some individual rankings.  Yet his best season was his rookie year in which he ranked 11t because of his TD totals.  Last year he was 26th - give or take a spot or two based on league scoring - but his numbers don't comprehend to me as a top 5 WR.  Pro Football Focus also grades him as a 3rd tier WR and not as an elite NFL WR like those ranked at the top fantasy wise.  And then you have the issue of his hands and drops which is kind of a big deal for WRs, but maybe that's me not comprehending the WR position.  Evans has potential, I won't deny him that, but IMO, the dynasty love is greater than the analytics.

I guess I'm the first then, and I'm OK with that.  Evans is ranked as a top 5 Dynasty WR, and I've seen him ranked as high as #2 & #3 overall in some individual rankings.  Yet his best season was his rookie year in which he ranked 11t because of his TD totals.  Last year he was 26th - give or take a spot or two based on league scoring - but his numbers don't comprehend to me as a top 5 WR.  Pro Football Focus also grades him as a 3rd tier WR and not as an elite NFL WR like those ranked at the top fantasy wise.  And then you have the issue of his hands and drops which is kind of a big deal for WRs, but maybe that's me not comprehending the WR position.  Evans has potential, I won't deny him that, but IMO, the dynasty love is greater than the analytics.
Last year was literally the FIRST season where drops have ever been a concern for Evans. 

"his best season was his rookie season" - ok, but he's only played 2 seasons.... The last one, with a rookie QB

He has skills that cannot be taught. He is YOUNGER than some of the guys coming out of the draft today (22yrs old). If you've watched him in college and in the NFL, it's plain as day the kid is an absolute beast. the drops were bad last season, but I chalk that up to trying to do too much, instead of focusing on the basics. spotlight w jameis, he always wanted the big play, and that's without mentioning how many times he was MISSED, for huge plays. 

personally, no idea how anyone would rank him outside their top 5, but to each their own. 

Well, he's not in my top 5.  I value WRs a little different, and ones that only catch 50% of their targets don't grade out as high for me.  

Well, he's not in my top 5.  I value WRs a little different, and ones that only catch 50% of their targets don't grade out as high for me.  
Well, when Jameis can't get the ball within 10 feet of you on 50% of your targets, I think it's forgivable.

point is, and I honestly dont care where you have him ranked in your sheets...

a 22yr old kid, who just played a season w a rookie qb who was a mess most of the time, with flashes of solid play... he's still averaging 1100+yds and 7.5tds/season

and again... he's 22.

There are many very good WRs so top 5 is rare air... and I could easily see Evans omitted,  However, he isn't 3rd tier.  Not even close.

It's amazing how so many people in fantasy base their opinions on nothing but numbers.  And not even the most accurate numbers.

Someone talking about Mike Evans and mentioning he "only" caught 50% of the passes thrown his way is someone that you know you should absolutely never listen to for fantasy advice.

A trade that happened in one of my dynasty leagues recently: 

Randall Cobb for rookie draft picks 1.11, 2.01, and 3.01.

Either Cobb is undervalued or the draft picks are overvalued. It looks like the team spent 50 cent on a dollar for Cobb.

It's a 12 team, 22 roster limit, PPR league. 

I wouldn't have a problem with crap offers if the guy just said, "yeah, I was hoping you were way down on player x," or "starting way low just to see if there's any interest" or "yeah I was just sending out a bunch of crap offers hoping one might go through."  Don't try to justify it.

I give:

Russell Wilson

I get:

Year 2016 Draft pick 2.04

League has boosted rushing scoring on yards, Wilson was the #2 overall player in the league behind Cam Newton last season.

Settled on:

I give:

Tyrod Taylor

I get

2.04, 3.04

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread