What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is your favorite Clash song? (1 Viewer)

'Hillary's an Idiot'. You need vinly and have to play one of their songs backwards to hear it. You'll have to figure out which one by yourself.

I have an irrational love for "The Street Parade" which got buried at the end of side 5 of Sandinista!

Guns of Brixton

Know your Rights

and I'll be THAT GUY.   London Calling is still a great song even if you don't want to pick the obvious.  

Should I stay or Should I Go

ETA: I Fought the Law, London Calling, Rock the Casbah in a second tier

Last edited by a moderator:
Others that I love that haven't been mentioned: 

Safe European Home

Janie Jones

White Riot 

White Man In Hammersmith Palais

Lose That Skin

Washington Bullets

This Is England

Love Clampdown & Supermarket but Complete Control is my favorite . It's a big FU to the record industry and has one of my favorite guitar riffs 

Teaching summer school to a bunch of semi rich kids.  I play my Spotify playlist when they're doing pen-paper work. "London Calling" comes up.  One kid, after like 7 seconds says "that's the Clash".   After 10 minutes I decide to test him.  I put on "Spanish Bombs".  It takes him half a song but he says "that's the Clash too, right?"

Kid gets an automatic "A".

Kinda like picking your favorite Beatles song, but... Complete Control probably takes #1 on my list, with Rudie Can't Fail as another contender.

I'd also like to mention The Card Cheat.   It's not my favorite, but it ends an incredible run.  Side 1 of London Calling is fantastic, side 2 has a few less FM ready hits, but it expands and diversifies their sound, and side 3 finishes the run.  By the time you get to The Card Cheat you're just awed.

Side 4 blows, with the obvious exception of Train In Vain.

Btw, just found this out tonight, and thought I'd share:  London Calling's cover was a homage to Elvis

Users who are viewing this thread