What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (5 Viewers)

Saw on my beer shop's app today that they just got in Space Rock, Soft Parade and Huma Lupa Licious from Short's.  This is outside Philadelphia.

I think Ilov80s might have sent me the Huma before in BIF and it was definitely tasty.
I think I did send you Huma. Huma and SP are always available. Other than that, the thing Shorts is known for is creativity. They have new beers in the store every other week. They are usually good and every once in awhile they are fabulous. If Superfluid. Hopstache and Freedom of 78 are their 3 best hoppy beers IMO. 

Cracked another bottle of Saison Duppnt.  Man, I just love beers that let the yeast take center stage.  And Belgian brewers just really know how to do this.  Just a great, great beer.  Fruity banana esters up front, dry and grassy back end -- just spectacular.

Cracked another bottle of Saison Duppnt.  Man, I just love beers that let the yeast take center stage.  And Belgian brewers just really know how to do this.  Just a great, great beer.  Fruity banana esters up front, dry and grassy back end -- just spectacular.
And I still think I prefer the dry-hopped version of this even more. Dryer, more hop-forward, but the hops don't dominate American-style.  Just enough to reign in the yeast and let the malt and hop presence assert itself.  Either way, I fteaking LOVE  Americam craft beer -- but the Belgians and Germans really know what's up.  I love revisiting the classics from time to time (read maybe half of what I drink).  The best IPAs are undoubtedly brewed in America IMO, but outside that style, we have nothing on the old world...

Fresher the better! Love love love that beer.

Yeah, this was fantastic. Finally had it last night. 

Also had more Jade which is actually stronger than Undercrown. They should call that stuff "Rufi" since the past 2 weekends I thought it was a great idea for a late night beer and woke up wondering what the #### happened. 

Twisted Trunk, local here in North Palm Beach/Jupiter

IPGA, great IPA 

Watermelon Saisson is another made by them, hard to describe. Has the watermelon presence but nor super sweet, amazing on a hot day in Florida. 

Been drinking a bunch of good stuff the past few days but haven't been checking in, I can't get used to the new forum format. It hurts my eyes and brain.

Right now enjoying the hell out of a 4 Hands  Passion Fruit Prussia. Friggin delicious berliner. Nice call, Hawks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Local watering hole managed to get their hands on some Funky Buddha Maple Bacon Coffee Porter.

Awesome. Smells like it will be disgustingly sweet and you should dunk a French Toast Stick in it.

But the taste is a great coffee porter with hints of chocolate.

https://funkybuddhabrewery.com/our-beers/special-release/maple-bacon-coffee-porter
I went to MBCP day in January and still have one bottle left. Its a great beer, and has been going on a draft tour all over Florida, heres the schedule of where and when you can find it.

https://funkybuddhabrewery.com/news-and-events/blog/maple-bacon-coffee-porter-tour-2016

Parish Brewing's Ghost in the Machine DIPA. Super legit, reminds me of New England style IPAs. Hazy, dank, juicy, tropical...excellent stuff. Dont look now, but  Louisiana has a legit DIPA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Woohoooo

I got my annual 2 cases of Duck Rabbit Barleywine Ale (11% ABV) last night, so now I have a 6 pack good & cold. 

Tonight is the opening night of barleywine season!

Looking forward to enjoying a Noda Hop Cakes.  10% DIPA limited release that has been compared to Hop Drop and Roll on steroids.

Looking forward to enjoying a Noda Hop Cakes.  10% DIPA limited release that has been compared to Hop Drop and Roll on steroids.
I've had both, Hop Cakes being a DIPA brewed with maple syrup. Sounds horrible but is awesome and IMO a bit better than Hop Drop. Would love to revisit this one though.

First trip to Griffin Claw. Super cool place. Their BA Stout and Coffee Stout are on par with KBS and BC. Loving it.

I was lucky enough to find a couple of sixers of Hopslam at the local grocery last night

:wub:

Bell-s-Hopslam-is-only-being-released-in-cans-this-year-no-bottles.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread