What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's going on in the Tenn backfield? (1 Viewer)

gianmarco

Footballguy
I know there have been different threads on this and player spotlights, but as we get close to training camp time, any Tenn homers have any news or info or thoughts as to who may carry the load or how it will be divided and what the thoughts are in terms of past 2007?

I know there have been different threads on this and player spotlights, but as we get close to training camp time, any Tenn homers have any news or info or thoughts as to who may carry the load or how it will be divided and what the thoughts are in terms of past 2007?
The only thing I'm confident in telling you is that Michael Turner will be a Titan in 2008. That's the only thing I can tell you at this particular moment...

Not a TEN homer but I am avoiding the TEN RB position as if it were a........... :tfp:

I don't know about anyone else, but whenever I see someone say "I'm avoiding _________ this year", that's usually when I start targeting it. Am I the only one?

The only thing I'm confident in telling you is that Michael Turner will be a Titan in 2008. That's the only thing I can tell you at this particular moment...
i'm assuming you dont think Lendale can handle the job? Turner to da Browns is probably more likely

I can't say with certainty that it will be Turner, but I do see the Titans bringing in a starter level RB after this season. I do not see White, Brown or Henry as long term answers at RB. At the same time, I do agree with SSOG that if any of the three fall low enough, I would take a chance on them. Both White and Henry seem to be buy low guys right now.

Long term, I believe if White doesn't take hold of the job, Tennessee goes after a long term starter next year. Brown is a one year player in my opinion, and I just don't see Henry doing much.

I don't know about anyone else, but whenever I see someone say "I'm avoiding _________ this year", that's usually when I start targeting it. Am I the only one?
Tis the season where everyone thinks their draft/auction is going to go perfect. Ya know the RB3 will actually score like the Top 15, All 4 of the WRs will stay healthy, etc. As for targeting these situation I do know that's where the value is, so I study messes way more than try to separate one healthy RB in a great situation from another healthy RB in a great situation. It helps knowing that a good portion of the people won't look at these messes until they have to. by that time, I hope to have the guy already on my roster.

Few teams were in a position to trade for Turner last year and the Titans were one of them with all those extra picks. Once Turner is out on the free market, all bets are off on where he could end up. The prospect of playing with Vince Young probably has some draw to it though.There are also a number of very good college RB's that could be in the draft next year: McFadden, Slaton, Stewart, Charles, Jones, Rice, etc.

i'm assuming you dont think Lendale can handle the job? Turner to da Browns is probably more likely
That's correct. And Fischer doesn't seem to think so either,... He tried as hard as he could to get Turner after he said he had a plan. The plan fell through after turning THenry and CBrown loose and then having to sign Brown once again.. The Titans will sign Turner when free-agency begins next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
From a dynasty perspective? I have a feeling the long term RB is not currently on that roster.
This is correct.
I read all the Titans' news I can find just about every day. My perspective is:1. Brown was a fallback option this year and won't be around next year. He doesn't want to be there and they don't really want him.2. Unless Lendale finally gets it, he will be lucky to be on the roster next year. He had a golden opportunity this year, in fact they somewhat *depended* on him by letting Henry go, and he shows up out of shape and promptly hurts himself (sound like last year?). Can he do it? Without a doubt. Will he? I am starting to doubt it. I thought he was a steal last year, but now I'm thinking it was a mistake.3. Henry is the guy they want to hang their future on. He has the work ethic they want. He has all the measurables that compare favorably to FWP and similar college production. They brought Brown back because they don't think he'll be ready for prime time by game 1. By the time Brown gets hurt, I think Henry takes over and runs with it the rest of the year. Of course it's too early to tell on him, but the indications so far are all positive.4. If not Henry, the Titans are well positioned to overspend on a FA RB (Turner?) next year. Or there may be enough good ones available to draft one in the middle of the 1st round.

From a dynasty perspective? I have a feeling the long term RB is not currently on that roster.
This is correct.
I read all the Titans' news I can find just about every day. My perspective is:1. Brown was a fallback option this year and won't be around next year. He doesn't want to be there and they don't really want him.

2. Unless Lendale finally gets it, he will be lucky to be on the roster next year. He had a golden opportunity this year, in fact they somewhat *depended* on him by letting Henry go, and he shows up out of shape and promptly hurts himself (sound like last year?). Can he do it? Without a doubt. Will he? I am starting to doubt it. I thought he was a steal last year, but now I'm thinking it was a mistake.

3. Henry is the guy they want to hang their future on. He has the work ethic they want. He has all the measurables that compare favorably to FWP and similar college production. They brought Brown back because they don't think he'll be ready for prime time by game 1. By the time Brown gets hurt, I think Henry takes over and runs with it the rest of the year. Of course it's too early to tell on him, but the indications so far are all positive.

4. If not Henry, the Titans are well positioned to overspend on a FA RB (Turner?) next year. Or there may be enough good ones available to draft one in the middle of the 1st round.
Are there positive indications so far? If so, where are they and what are they?

Are there positive indications so far? If so, where are they and what are they?
Obviously there can't be too many because training camp hasn't even started, but reading the Tennessean online, and some of the early minicamp practice reports on TitansOnline. There are others, but those are the two main ones for Titan-watchers.See the quote from Chow: http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/412644/rss

See characterization of Sherman Smith's post-draft comments: http://www.titansradio.com/cgi-bin/blurb_v...lurb=news649425

Some of Sherm Smith's actual comments: http://www.titansonline.com/news/newsmain_....php?PRKey=4729

See the quote about Henry's last 4 college games: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6992534

Users who are viewing this thread