What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Whats normal? Sitting to pee (1 Viewer)

Do you sit down to pee

• All the time - men

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Most of the time

Votes: 21 15.3%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 45 32.8%
  • Rarely

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never

Votes: 37 27.0%
  • I am a woman and i sit on the toilet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am a woman and i hover over it to get pee all over the seat

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

MTskibum

Footballguy
To continue with @Keerock 's toilet themed what is normal threads.

According to this poll, 1 in 5 american men sit down on the toilet to pee either all of the time or most of the time. In germany that is a staggering 60%.

I do not believe those numbers, i think people like messing with anonymous twitter polls. I would be surprised if it is above 2% in the US. Although, I do understand people have conditions like MS, which may push this number slightly higher.

Link:
https://digg.com/data-viz/link/how-...-to-pee-visuazlied-0cOaxH2Z4J?utm_source=digg

Last edited:
Never, but my 10 year old son still sits and I'm trying like mad to get him to change that.

My brother-in-law was trying to tell me to do it that way, but pee was spewing all over the bathroom floor.

I shared a house with 5 people in college. There was also a shared bathroom. One of the dudes that shared the bathroom with me and another roommate demanded that we sit down to pee because, otherwise there was a ‘cloud of pee’ created that left micro droplets on his toothbrush. 😂

I still never sit down to pee, even tho I am now over 50 and end up spraying the seat and floor probably half the time. It’s not really a “I’m a MAN” thing- well, maybe a little. It just would feel weird to sit to pee. I’m sure my cleaning lady would apprecite if I did.

NOTE: I am fastidiously clean and wipe the seat and floor with lysol wipes if I do splash. I’m not an animal.

I fall somewhere between Sometimes and Most of the Time. I got over the stigma a long time ago when I started getting up during the night to pee. Found it easier and cleaner. Any time I have access to a urinal I use it but otherwise I’m probably sitting 80% of the time.

So many questions.

1) First, why would it feel weird to sit to pee? You likely do it every single day (when you sit to poo).

2) How is anyone hitting the seat and/or floor on a regular basis? Is your aim that bad? I can’t remember the last time I hit the seat, and I’m betting that I have never once pissed on the floor. Are you guys going hands free? That might explain it. Wait, is hands free the normal way? Maybe I’m the weird one.

To answer the question, there are only three situations where I will (just) pee sitting down: (a) in the dark in the middle of the night (thankfully this is only an occasional occurrence); (b) when I am blasted drunk (maybe that explains the seat and floor pissers): and (c) post-coitus (if you know, you know).

I used to in the middle of the night when I was dead tired but then I hurt my knee and realized getting down/up was harder than leaning against the wall and about facing.

Also when people say the sit if they get up in the middle of the night because it’s difficult to see in the dark - don’t they have a light switch in their bathrooms?

So many questions.

1) First, why would it feel weird to sit to pee? You likely do it every single day (when you sit to poo).

2) How is anyone hitting the seat and/or floor on a regular basis? Is your aim that bad? I can’t remember the last time I hit the seat, and I’m betting that I have never once pissed on the floor. Are you guys going hands free? That might explain it. Wait, is hands free the normal way? Maybe I’m the weird one.

To answer the question, there are only three situations where I will (just) pee sitting down: (a) in the dark in the middle of the night (thankfully this is only an occasional occurrence); (b) when I am blasted drunk (maybe that explains the seat and floor pissers): and (c) post-coitus (if you know, you know).

In regards to #2.....you've never had the stream split when you start? It doesn't happen often to me, but every once in awhile, when I start going.....it will shoot in two different directions for a second or two.

So many questions.

1. Just because it’s different than our usual.
2. You’re familiar with different nozzle settings. Sometimes the meatus acts like that.

🤔 why sit post coitus? I just pee in the shower.

:lmao: Love that some wrap up masculinity into whether one sits to pee or not....can't make this stuff up.
Well...seeing as it many times is women who do the judging, their opinion on masculinity does kinda matter. Just sayin
I can't think of many other things where another person's opinion matters less than their opinion on this. Whether a man's opinion or a woman's is even less of a factor. People will look for validation anywhere I guess.

Also when people say the sit if they get up in the middle of the night because it’s difficult to see in the dark - don’t they have a light switch in their bathrooms?

Excellent question. If I turned on the 32,000,000,000,000 lumen lighting my wife had installed in our bathroom, I’d never be able to fall back asleep. I might as well take a shower and go to work at that point. Also, because the light in the bathroom is the brightness of a thousand suns, the light streaming into the bedroom is enough to wake up someone in a coma. And before you ask, the numb nuts who built our house put the light switch for the bathroom on the wall outside the bathroom door, so you can’t close the door before turning on the lights.

Last edited:
So many questions.

In regards to #2.....you've never had the stream split when you start? It doesn't happen often to me, but every once in awhile, when I start going.....it will shoot in two different directions for a second or two.

Post-coitus, yes. Otherwise no. Thank God. That sounds terribly unnerving.

Sometimes in the middle of the night when I don’t want to turn the light on or stand. Otherwise I just aim and hope for the best and wait for my wife to yell at me.
Rarely - but this is when I'll do it. Middle of the night.

:lmao: Love that some wrap up masculinity into whether one sits to pee or not....can't make this stuff up.
Well...seeing as it many times is women who do the judging, their opinion on masculinity does kinda matter. Just sayin
I can't think of many other things where another person's opinion matters less than their opinion on this. Whether a man's opinion or a woman's is even less of a factor. People will look for validation anywhere I guess.
You're probably getting a little overworked over this. It's cool to state that you sit to pee and probably move on.

Why would I want the lights on at 4 am

• To see where you are peeing
  • To not bang into a wall and/or stub your toe
  • generally I use the light switch any time I walk into a dark room - it seems kind of intuitive.

• generally I use the light switch any time I walk into a dark room - it seems kind of intuitive.

If I turn the lights on I’ll wake up and the point of sleeping is to sleep.

Aren't you already awake in order to get into the bathroom?

You're probably getting a little overworked over this. It's cool to state that you sit to pee and probably move on.
Then I'm not being clear....let me be clear. I think it's absolutely hilarious that people put credence in other peoples' opinions of whether they sit or stand to pee. It's comedy gold. Thought that might come across in the original :lmao: but I guess not.

Aren't you already awake in order to get into the bathroom?
Not really no

Then I'm not being clear....let me be clear. I think it's absolutely hilarious that people put credence in other peoples' opinions of whether they sit or stand to pee. It's comedy gold. Thought that might come across in the original :lmao: but I guess not.
Yeah. Seems like this is really upsetting you. Sorry.

I voted sometimes, as I sit if I go in the middle of the night for the aforementioned not wanting to turn the light on and wake myself up reasons.

Mainly posting to bring up the split streaming, as one time I had the unique horror of having three steady streams that could not possibly all hit the water at the same time. Was a bit of a mess.

Excellent question. If I turned on the 32,000,000,000,000 lumen lighting my wife had installed in our bathroom, I’d never be able to fall back asleep. I might as well take a shower and go to work at that point. Also, because the light in the bathroom is the brightness of a thousand suns, the light streaming into the bedroom is enough to wake up someone in a coma. And before you ask, the numb nuts who built our house put the light switch for the bathroom on the wall outside the bathroom door, so you can’t close the door before turning on the lights.

I had the same issue, so I put the below in my bathroom. I also cover the light with duct tape so that it is not so bright.

Amazon battery powered motion sensor night lights

Users who are viewing this thread