What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's up with Da'rick Rogers (1 Viewer)

This guy worth a stash in dynasty?
Take a look a the #### they trot out at the WR position. They have cut 2 bums in the last few weeks. Teams now just roll coverage to Hilton and the game is over. DHB is pure trash. Brazill is just ok. There is nothing else. He gets in the game this week. You will want him on your team before he gets on the field.On top of that I am a guru in evaluating WR talent.
Guru you say?What team do you work for? Surely if you are as good as you say you are, you are working for an nfl team scouting out WR talent?

I should bookmark this thread, come back to it when Rogers is out of the nfl
How's that bookmark working out. Say hello to buck naked while you dine on the crow I served up for ya.
Send him a PM if you want to rub something in his face. This is crap.

*Edited* to be more polite. Apologies for the first post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Take a look a the #### they trot out at the WR position. They have cut 2 bums in the last few weeks. Teams now just roll coverage to Hilton and the game is over. DHB is pure trash. Brazill is just ok. There is nothing else. He gets in the game this week. You will want him on your team before he gets on the field.On top of that I am a guru in evaluating WR talent.
Guru you say?What team do you work for? Surely if you are as good as you say you are, you are working for an nfl team scouting out WR talent?

How's that bookmark working out. Say hello to buck naked while you dine on the crow I served up for ya.
Send him a PM if you want to rub something in his face. This is crap.

*Edited* to be more polite. Apologies for the first post.
I didn't start it but I am finishing it Like I always do. See Tebow, Carr, V. Young and Pryor.

Nice coming out party for Da'Rick. Did Hunter, Patterson, and Rogers all play for the Vols at the same time?

I only made one comment because you responded like a #### head. Just like your above post. So crow this.

Anytime you want to put your money where your mouth is, I'm easy to find in high stakes leagues in Vegas.

I only made one comment because you responded like a #### head. Just like your above post. So crow this. Anytime you want to put your money where your mouth is, I'm easy to find in high stakes leagues in Vegas.
ExactlyTool factor out of control. Where were you last week when he put up a goose egg? Sure are quick to pop in here when he has one good game.

How many times have I repeatedly said in this thread that I think he is a good fantasy option for dynasty, but not so much for the rest of this season... I still wouldn't start him on my team- way better options. We will see if he can produce more than one good game. He is an intriguing option for next year, I've said that repeatedly.

So go do your jäger bomb, drink some muscle milk, and admire your new haircut (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5QJ9i_o5vo&sns=em)

you were right one week, congrats.

Take a look a the #### they trot out at the WR position. They have cut 2 bums in the last few weeks. Teams now just roll coverage to Hilton and the game is over. DHB is pure trash. Brazill is just ok. There is nothing else. He gets in the game this week. You will want him on your team before he gets on the field.

On top of that I am a guru in evaluating WR talent.
:moneybag:

This is mostly a dynasty thread. Putting up a goose egg last week during his first NFL action said exactly nothing about his potential going forward. A huge week like this the second game of his career says a TON about his potential going forward.

This is mostly a dynasty thread. Putting up a goose egg last week during his first NFL action said exactly nothing about his potential going forward. A huge week like this the second game of his career says a TON about his potential going forward.
I understand that. And I've conceded his dynasty value, but others in here were actually upset when he was inactive, as if to say they want to start him now

Furthermore, I was told if he was active last week, I'd want him on my team before he stepped onto the field.

Funny how he was MIA when called out on that statement, but the guy has one good game and suddenly he was dead right.

I understand that. And I've conceded his dynasty value, but others in here were actually upset when he was inactive, as if to say they want to start him now

Furthermore, I was told if he was active last week, I'd want him on my team before he stepped onto the field.

Funny how he was MIA when called out on that statement, but the guy has one good game and suddenly he was dead right.
I could be wrong, but I think he meant that when he gets a chance to produce, you'll want him to already be on your roster because you won't be getting him easily otherwise. And to be fair, he was only one week off on his assessment. People are talking about dumping blind-bidding $$ on him left and right, using their priority, etc. And in most dynasties, he's probably already owned.

:goodposting:

I could be wrong, but I think he meant that when he gets a chance to produce, you'll want him to already be on your roster because you won't be getting him easily otherwise. And to be fair, he was only one week off on his assessment. People are talking about dumping blind-bidding $$ on him left and right, using their priority, etc. And in most dynasties, he's probably already owned.
Yes, I will give him credit for spotting a WR with good talent. And he was off by one week. I just think he's very over hyped for this season. I've said about 5 times I would love to have him on my team next season, depending what Indy does this offseason. There are a lot of very very good WRs on the market next season (fitz and sanders come to mind)

I think it's funny when people predict someone to be good, and at their first good game they puff their chest out and act like big man on campus. It's like betting on golf: you give me tiger woods and you take the field, and when the field wins you act like you called something. Rogers was eventually going to have a good game. To parade like he's big man after just one game is just foolish. He's got physical tools for it. It's more of a matter of producing consistently.

He was an UDFA on his second team, with some believers in his college tape and some haters saying he was overrated and a huge idiot.

We still don't know who will be correct in the long term, but it's not true that it was obvious to all he'd eventually have a big game. This does mean something.

He was an UDFA on his second team, with some believers in his college tape and some haters saying he was overrated and a huge idiot.

We still don't know who will be correct in the long term, but it's not true that it was obvious to all he'd eventually have a big game. This does mean something.
Many players have one good game. Tiquan underwood for example. Rogers could be this weeks version.

No one knows. But it'll be fun to watch

Well everyone who said he was an idiot is right.

Luckily you dont catch the ball with your brain.

Ok we know his dynasty value just skyrocketed. But...can you trust him in week 15 as a WR3? Flex? WR2?
He's still a rookie...his production from game to game will be up and down. Remember Justin Hunter's breakout game in week 12? And how he followed up that performance with 1 catch for 9 yards in week 13? You'd be rolling the dice with him if you started him at flex. You're absolutely right that his dynasty value is through the roof right now...but for the rest of this year, just sit back and watch. I'm hopeful that they keep working him into the offense and making sure he gets his targets every game...but he's still a rookie. Don't throw him into your lineup unless you really don't have any better options or need a high-upside hail mary play to win your playoff match.

Yes, I will give him credit for spotting a WR with good talent. And he was off by one week. I just think he's very over hyped for this season. I've said about 5 times I would love to have him on my team next season, depending what Indy does this offseason. There are a lot of very very good WRs on the market next season (fitz and sanders come to mind)

I think it's funny when people predict someone to be good, and at their first good game they puff their chest out and act like big man on campus. It's like betting on golf: you give me tiger woods and you take the field, and when the field wins you act like you called something. Rogers was eventually going to have a good game. To parade like he's big man after just one game is just foolish. He's got physical tools for it. It's more of a matter of producing consistently.
Why would you come back to this thread? You stated Rogers would not amount to much.......then backpedaled to clarify thoughts in dynasty......and that would have been ok. Still wrong, but ok. Now, youve come back like you still don't have enough closure.

This guy got passed over by 32 teams. 7 rounds. The few that watched this guy play and thought he had talent have every right to stick out their chest. He was a castoff. A udfa. F yeah I am boasting about this guy. And the posters that were right about this guy, congrats. Its no different than landing gordon ahead of everyone else.....

:blackdot:

Don't know much about this kid, but debating about picking him up in my 16-team keeper. I am currently sitting on a couple of late round keepers with Hunter and L. Green. Do you think he's a player in 2014 (as in WR3 or better) and worth picking up?

What if a WR as talented as Josh Gordon had a QB like Andrew Luck? The long term upside is scary with this guy.
He's not as talented as Gordon. At least, I don't think so.
No he isn't. Right now, that guy is on a different level. He is however a #1 WR talent with hands and excellent RAC ability. He also has A. Luck at QB. Team high 9 targets today. Running wide open on many routes. One was underneath the TE who was also open. Luck went to the TE for a bigger gain. Give him an offseason with Luck and the coaching staff and we will see what he looks like next year. Of course he has to keep himself outta trouble just like Gordon.

Don't know much about this kid, but debating about picking him up in my 16-team keeper. I am currently sitting on a couple of late round keepers with Hunter and L. Green. Do you think he's a player in 2014 (as in WR3 or better) and worth picking up?
Yes, absolutely. Just keep an eye out for what IND does in the offseason for their WR depth. But if Da'Rick continues to prove himself throughout the rest of the season...and especially if he contributes to a few Colts wins in the playoffs...he'll be the guy in Indy

That's a no-brainer. Hunter has QB question marks. Green is a good TE. He will start for me in 2014 dynasty as my #3 behind Calvin and Marshall. R. Cooper gets bumped to #4.

He's absolutely a quality dynasty prospect, but talking top 20 status is way to aggressive for me. There are still lots of personnel question marks in Indianapolis at the wr position for next year. Heck, will he even start? He might, he might not, but until he actually secures a starting spot for 2014 on his own team, this top 20 talk is very premature. Top 50 is a more reasonable conversation at this time.

Note: I like his talent but I can't rank a guy in my top 30 unless I'm certain he's going to be a starter next year.

Yes, absolutely. Just keep an eye out for what IND does in the offseason for their WR depth. But if Da'Rick continues to prove himself throughout the rest of the season...and especially if he contributes to a few Colts wins in the playoffs...he'll be the guy in Indy
That's a no-brainer. Hunter has QB question marks. Green is a good TE. He will start for me in 2014 dynasty as my #3 behind Calvin and Marshall. R. Cooper gets bumped to #4.
Thanks for the input guys. I'm definitely intrigued if he can supplant DHB and depending on Wayne's situation, he definitely has upside.

DHB is on a 1 year contract. I suspect he'll be gone.

Wayne is a long shot to come back and especially near the form pre-injury.

TY is a #2.

My guess is the Colts get a veteran cheapie and let Rogers grow with Luck.

Rogers is a physical specimen! While he's not Gordon today, he could be.

Of course, as I'm posting this...he scores another TD. That was a short one in the red zone, too...shows that IND trusts his hands and not just his speed. Lots of good signs today.
They went to him a couple plays before the TD in the redzone too. He did a great job picking up extra yardage on just about every catch.

Showed some maturity not celebrating on that second TD (something he was criticized by Buff for in the preseason)... was just gonna walk off the field until he saw DHB come up gimpy with a knee tweak or something and then was at his side and walked him off the field.

Of course, as I'm posting this...he scores another TD. That was a short one in the red zone, too...shows that IND trusts his hands and not just his speed. Lots of good signs today.
They went to him a couple plays before the TD in the redzone too. He did a great job picking up extra yardage on just about every catch.

Showed some maturity not celebrating on that second TD (something he was criticized by Buff for in the preseason)... was just gonna walk off the field until he saw DHB come up gimpy with a knee tweak or something and then was at his side and walked him off the field.
This is exactly what I saw and liked about Rogers yesterday. He looked like he had been there before. Patience is a virtue sometimes in fantasty football and this may be one example. Rogers looked every bit the part of WR 1 on the field. He is big, has great YAC ability and can get open. After another DHB drop early in the game Rogers was inserted and played a ton. In his situation (UDFA) you have to perform when given that chance and he did. In fact, he has been targetted 10 times in his first 2 games. In his first ever NFL game he only got 1 target which actually did not count as a target as he drew a PI call. This game he received 9 targets and caught 6 of them for 107 yards and 2 td's. The upside was always there with Rogers and while he proved that he can be a vergy good NFL wr he now he has to prove that it was not a fluke. Going from the dreadful situation in buffalo to this opportunity with the Colts was a dynasty owners wet dream.

Rotoworld take:

Da'Rick Rogers played on 41-of-60 (68.3 percent) snaps in Sunday's loss to the Bengals.

At long last, the Colts identified their talent and utilized it. Darrius Heyward-Bey was demoted to 23 snaps while T.Y. Hilton led the way with 45 and LaVon Brazill chipped in with 42. Rogers is the man to watch here as the unique talent that went undrafted in April solely due to off-field concerns. His on-field ability was never in doubt and he proved it by busting out for a 6/107/2 line against Cincy. Rogers comes with risk because he's so unproven, but this usage confirms he'll at least be a WR4 with upside in a nice matchup in the dome against the Texans Week 15.

Related: Darrius Heyward-Bey, T.Y. Hilton, LaVon Brazill

Source: NFL.com

A few questions concerning Colts wideouts ROS 2013

This is assuming DHB is done (<20% of snaps)

Since DHB was in as a blocking WR, does him being replaced mean an opened up offense?

If Pep insists on using 2 WR sets as their base offense, which WR gets DHB's snaps? This isn't trivial. Just because DHB couldn't do anything with the opportunity doesn't mean Brazill or Rogers can't. On Rodger's long TD he was actually playing out of the slot with Brazill and Donald wide, and TY opposite slot.

TY seems to be most effective as a slot or #3 WR for whatever reason. And this setup is what Pep would be doing if it weren't for Wayne's injury and DHB's ineffectiveness. Could Brazill and Roger's progress move TY back to primarily slot?

Call me crazy, but this week's game has me wondering if Rogers is the play over Hilton. Would it be a huge role of the dice? yes. But Hilton has really disappeared lately.

Call me crazy, but this week's game has me wondering if Rogers is the play over Hilton. Would it be a huge role of the dice? yes. But Hilton has really disappeared lately.
Eh we don't even know if Rogers or Brazill is the better play this week.

Once defenses shift coverage away from Hilton he should start making plays again

brohans you heard it here first this guy has a lot of talent and he is a good player and will be realy good if he applies himself and works hard take that to the american dream bank bromericans

I went back and watched the game short cut today. A great majority of the snaps DHB played were in the first half. The Coltscyried to establish the run a bit and seemed like they kept DHB in to help block in the run game. There were also a few heavy personnel sets in the first series or two where TY was the only WR on the field. Int he 2nd half, it seemed as if Da'Rick played more than 90% of the snaps. There was only one ball he dropped, but it was a ball that was vastly thrown behind him on a 3rd down, but he still got his hands on the ball. Luck did seem to go to Da'Rick quite a bit on some 3rd downs.

team have been doubling TY for 4 weeks now and took him away

Someone opposite him finally made some plays.
Lots of good posts in this thread.

So is this the question? If they're running 4-wide with two slots, is Rogers just the antidote to the opponent doubling the other slot (Hilton)? His snap count from the game indicates that he is their 3-WR starter for now also. Indy has obviously indicated that it would rather run the ball a significant percentage but their run game still isn't reliable.

Their schedule is 15-vs Hou........16-@KC.......17-vs Jax. There are attractive matchups in weeks 15 and 17.

Our league competes in one way or another all 17 weeks so there is incentive to grind for value the entire NFL regular season. I'm seeing him from a re-draft/deep league perspective only.

Users who are viewing this thread