What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's up with Da'rick Rogers (2 Viewers)

brohans you heard it here first this guy has a lot of talent and he is a good player and will be realy good if he applies himself and works hard take that to the american dream bank bromericans
Bro....please.

Call me crazy, but this week's game has me wondering if Rogers is the play over Hilton. Would it be a huge role of the dice? yes. But Hilton has really disappeared lately.
team have been doubling TY for 4 weeks now and took him away

Someone opposite him finally made some plays.
Lots of good posts in this thread.

So is this the question? If they're running 4-wide with two slots, is Rogers just the antidote to the opponent doubling the other slot (Hilton)? His snap count from the game indicates that he is their 3-WR starter for now also. Indy has obviously indicated that it would rather run the ball a significant percentage but their run game still isn't reliable.

Their schedule is 15-vs Hou........16-@KC.......17-vs Jax. There are attractive matchups in weeks 15 and 17.

Our league competes in one way or another all 17 weeks so there is incentive to grind for value the entire NFL regular season. I'm seeing him from a re-draft/deep league perspective only.
When you have a QB like Luck and a weak OL, you should run 4 wide and let him find the open guy. Of course, you can't be like the Giants and run everyone 15 yards down the field with a weak OL. That ball was out in 2 seconds to Rogers. Of course they only have 3 WRs on the roster and a turd who thinks he's a WR. It's can however be 3 WR and Fleener.

They had been doing it backwards by going with more protection and less receivers.

Anybody start Rogers over Ace Sanders? Srry can't help myself. Not sure I trust Rogers at this point but he def has more upside then some other options.

how does he stack up against next years rookies?

trying to gauge his dynasty value.
Tough question. Will Reggie Wayne be healthy next year or does he retire? I am pretty sure DHB will not be offered a new contract and he may be done in the league. The Colts will bring in other WRs and draft some, so Rogers has to show well for the final games of this year and have a good off-season. I like his chances.

msudaisy26 said:
What if a WR as talented as Josh Gordon had a QB like Andrew Luck? The long term upside is scary with this guy.
Speaking of Josh Gordon, does this kind of seem like the Gordon thing all over again but a better qb?
It seems more like the Marvin Jones thing to me.
The difference is Marvin has been struggling to get snaps as a No. 2 for a couple years splitting with Sanu and playing in an offense where Green is the man.

The Colts have a vacuum where Wayne used to be that no WR has been able to fill. This situation is begging to be taken advantage of.

water1 said:
Anybody start Rogers over Ace Sanders? Srry can't help myself. Not sure I trust Rogers at this point but he def has more upside then some other options.
Hell, I'm starting him over Riley Cooper. He's going against Houston. Of course, I'm outta the playoffs but it's a juicy opponent.

I don't imagine the defense was game-planning much for Rogers this week. Hilton gets all defense rollovers, and is struggling (like so many kids do) when they first face that challenge. If Rogers continues to excel, that will start to balance out. I suspect the capable HOU D this week will have a far greater interest in him than Cinci did going in. I can't read nearly enough through my flawed eye ball test to try and project how these two will compare facing focused coverage. Like most here, I think DR is a good dynasty stash as the physical strengths seems to be there and faces no huge roadblocks to a productive spot in a Luck offense.

I see 2 guys right now on his level. But remember he has already hit the jackpot as Luck is his QB. These guys coming in could end up with EJ Manuel or Geno or Ponder/whatever or Blaine Gabbert/whatever as their QB in 2014.

I see 2 guys right now on his level. But remember he has already hit the jackpot as Luck is his QB. These guys coming in could end up with EJ Manuel or Geno or Ponder/whatever or Blaine Gabbert/whatever as their QB in 2014.
kind of what i was thinking too. i was offered a late first for him, but i'm thinking i'll hold for now.

msudaisy26 said:
What if a WR as talented as Josh Gordon had a QB like Andrew Luck? The long term upside is scary with this guy.
Speaking of Josh Gordon, does this kind of seem like the Gordon thing all over again but a better qb?
The difference is Marvin has been struggling to get snaps as a No. 2 for a couple years splitting with Sanu and playing in an offense where Green is the man.

The Colts have a vacuum where Wayne used to be that no WR has been able to fill. This situation is begging to be taken advantage of.
Hilton had 2 monster games after Wayne went out. Vs Hous and Vs Stl.

after that defenses just blanketed him, Now with Luck havin to throw other places, and Fleener scaring no one, Darick made some plays vs Cincy. Maybe the coverage has to stay honest now and Hilton can make plays again too

msudaisy26 said:

after that defenses just blanketed him, Now with Luck havin to throw other places, and Fleener scaring no one, Darick made some plays vs Cincy. Maybe the coverage has to stay honest now and Hilton can make plays again too
Or maybe defenses continue to blanket Hilton and Rogers goes off again. Seriously tough call. Hard to predict.

msudaisy26 said:

There is no reason this shouldn't happen. Hilton should get back to some of those deep scores.

Who are you starting him over this week?

I got Garcon and then Steve Smith against the terrible Jets plus Rogers and have to pick one of the three.

Riley Cooper. But I would start Garcon over him & Smith. Garcon gets the Falcons. They can't stop anyone.

I'm considering him over Hilton. Hard to pull the trigger though. I see two possibilities: defenses continue to make someone other than Hilton beat them and Rogers flourishes again, or defenses respect the emergence of Rogers and things open up for Hilton again. I guess the question is whether one week of production from Brazil and Rogers is enough to open things up for Hilton.

Another thing to consider is that Hilton has been dealing with a shoulder injury. He has been playing through it, but not productively. How much of an issue is the shoulder injury? The injury could have more to do with his lack of production than has been appreciated.

as for next year, any concern he gets crowded out with wayne and allen returning?
I don't see any reason where he wouldn't be the top guy even if Wayne comes back. With Hilton being a great complement to a WR1, and playing mostly slot in 3WR sets, he'll still have a whole off season with Luck and have everything to digest what's being taught to him. The biggest concern would be him doing something completely stupid in the off season which could lead to him getting cut. I don't think it's a question but Da'Rick was by far the biggest different maker for the Colts on Sunday. If anything, I'd expect him to help open things up more for Fleener and TY.

Folks, there are a lot of moving parts here to make any definite calls.

Where Rogers lands next year depends on:

How he finishes this year

If and to what level of performance Wayne

returns

Who is the OC and what does his offense look like

Who they bring in via FA and the draft

How does Rogers handle this off-season

This and more.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to play Ace Sanders ahead of Rogers. Houston's pass D is surprisingly pretty decent.
It's surprising because it's a deceptive statistic. They're ranked as one of the "toughest" pass defenses in the NFL because they've given up a deceivingly low amount of passing yardage, but they also have the least amount of pass attempts against them. Less passing attempts equals less yardage...so they look tough on paper when they're really not. HOU gave up 173 yards and 3 TDs to IND's receivers in week 9. Most of that was to Hilton...that was his biggest game of the year. Could be a big game for any of the IND WRs...my money's on a bounce-back game for Hilton, but Rogers has a good shot to be the guy that wrecks HOU this week, too. So don't count out Da'Rick.

as for next year, any concern he gets crowded out with wayne and allen returning?
If Luck really is all that he projects to be he will have multiple targets just like the other top QBs out there now.
yeah, but it's about field time

supposedly, pep is all about these 2 te sets that he should be able to roll out next year with allen back, and if you have 3 wr and don't play all that much 3 wide then somebody's getting shorted.

would wayne or hilton really be sitting for rogers in 2 wide formations?

If Luck really is all that he projects to be he will have multiple targets just like the other top QBs out there now.
yeah, but it's about field time

supposedly, pep is all about these 2 te sets that he should be able to roll out next year with allen back, and if you have 3 wr and don't play all that much 3 wide then somebody's getting shorted.

would wayne or hilton really be sitting for rogers in 2 wide formations?
At this point taking in to consideration Wayne's age/injury and Hiltons recent troubles.........maybe? I mean we really won't know until this off season when we see if Rogers is even still there. Plus the team can watch/evaluate how he does in these last three games. He has a real chance to shine and the match-ups aren't terrible. Couple that with him coming in during the off season and showing them that he wants to be there and maybe he pushes Hilton out of the starting line-up.

With cousins and the "we quit" redskins, the Rodger-less packers - tempted to sit either Garçon or Nelson for Rogers.

I will look brilliant if it pans out or very dumb if it doesn't.

With cousins and the "we quit" redskins, the Rodger-less packers - tempted to sit either Garçon or Nelson for Rogers.

Have Garcon in a PPR league and considering Rogers. Also have Amendola but I don't trust him.

My WR3 options are Mike Wallace (vs Talib) and Boykin with another week of Flynn at QB. Both guys coming off 4 point games, multiple frustrations out of each this year--going to be hard to bench Rogers for either.

LaVon Brazill watching practice today with a walking boot. Da'Rick is looking more and more like a solid option this week...

not sure if i have the peaches to put him in over garcon..

last week i tried to get cute and put the boom or bust guy in and ladrius green and it chewed up my ###.

would be considered that it could be the same thing this week with da'rick

brohans you heard it here first this guy has a lot of talent and he is a good player and will be realy good if he applies himself and works hard take that to the american dream bank bromericans
Actually, it would be about, eh, 51st

Cousins will come out swinging and the rest will follow. Redskins pull the upset and Garcon has a big day.

more like the team quit cause they are sick of rgiii being treated like he is the king, while he blames everyone else when they lose,

expect a spirited effort with cousins at qb

I'm starting him as my WR3 in PPR. My only other options are Randle (Giants are a dumpster fire and are up against Seattle) and Burleson (hard to trust as Stafford spreads the ball around after Megatron). Rogers has the most potential to put up a big number, but I don't think he's any less safe than the other guys.

Man it seems like everything is setting up for Da'Rick to get double digit targets this week. I'm leaning towards starting him because I need the upside he offers.

Ugh. Silly spot.

Hmmm jusy got to thinking. Last time they played Houston T.Y. Hilton killed them right. So Houston is probably not going to let that happen again. I would think that means a lot of single coverage for Rogers because they will be rolling coverage over to Hilton.....

ESPN:

INDIANAPOLIS – If last weekend’s production from receivers Da'Rick Rogers and LaVon Brazill didn’t signal that Darrius Heyward-Bey’s playing time would be reduced even more, Indianapolis Colts coach Chuck Pagano basically said it during his news conference on Wednesday.

Rogers and Brazill combined for nine catches for 160 yards and accounted for all four of the Colts’ touchdowns in their loss Sunday to the Cincinnati Bengals. The Colts have been looking for a spark at receiver, and are optimistic that they will help ease the burden on fellow receiver T.Y. Hilton’s shoulders.

“You know what, they were productive in that football game and they gave us a spark in that second half,” Pagano said of Rogers and Brazill. “And so certainly they've earned a right to play more.”

Enough said.

Brazill played 42 snaps and Rogers was the field for 41 snaps, while Heyward-Bey played only 23 snaps. The Colts have just four receivers on the roster, so Heyward-Bey will continue to get snaps, just not as many as before.

Heyward-Bey had two catches for 23 yards Sunday, but he also another drop – his sixth of the season – on a third down in the first quarter.

“This [team] needs receivers on the outside to step up to open it up for T.Y. and [tight end Coby] Fleener,” Rogers said. “Hopefully we can be those guys to do it.”
And with Brazill banged up, I see no reason to be shy about rolling with Rogers.

Just put him in over Cruz. Let's do this! :banned:

This part was interesting too:

The Colts have just four receivers on the roster, so Heyward-Bey will continue to get snaps, just not as many as before.
Brazill hasn't practiced all week, so even if he plays, he figures to be limited. If he's out, whomever replaces him (presumably someone from the practice squad) will not get any meaningful snaps, and DHB has fallen completely out of favor. I'm no math major, but that leaves exactly two reliable WRs, and Luck has to throw to someone.

I'm getting talked into this. Just have to figure out which former flavor-of-the-week to start home over. Right now it's streater. Or Douglas. Or something.

I guess this is what make FF fun. Right? ?

Hmmm jusy got to thinking. Last time they played Houston T.Y. Hilton killed them right. So Houston is probably not going to let that happen again. I would think that means a lot of single coverage for Rogers because they will be rolling coverage over to Hilton.....
I think they will roll coverage to Hilton just like any other team. However last time vs Houston, Indy fell way behind, not sure if that will happen again, although it seems to be Indy's MO

If put Rogers in the top 30 this week. So, for me, that puts him ahead of guys like Streater, Douglas, Nicks, etc.

I really think this week is a shootout which gives Rogers top 15 upside.

On 2 teams I have the same choice at WR#3- Steve Smiff vs a weak Jet pass defense or Da'Rick

Smith has no upside, yet to reach 70 yards this year but a sure bet for about 10ppr points.

If Brazill is out I think that raises Da'Rick's floor to near the level of Smith plus a good chance at major upside

For a lot of us it will be the choice of play it safe or roll the dice with Da'Rick

If Brazill is out I may roll the dice :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread