What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WHATS your best tool to have at your draft? (1 Viewer)

rocko

Footballguy
hey all just trying to get a good feel on having the best tool at my draft which is in 2 days,i think haveing the DD would be the best but my friends will not let me bring my laptop to the bar, were we draft and i do not know which pick i will be to the day of the draft, we draw numbers the night of,so i was thinking cheetsheets also what u think of running a mock draft on DD and printing out each team and say im team number 6 try to follow what team 6 has pick on the mock draft???i do not know what u guys think?thanks

GLLLLLLL GET-R-DON PEACE

serious answer: a VBD cheatsheet.

non-serious answer: a HUGE stinky cigar to distract/piss-off your other league owners

1. A VBD cheatsheet. A huge advantage over those that do not use one.

2. Breakdown sheets by position of the top performers in my league from the previous season.

3. A current depth chart.

4. A current injury report.

serious answer: a VBD cheatsheet.non-serious answer: a HUGE stinky cigar to distract/piss-off your other league owners
thanks for the reply but I HAVE DD but do not have VBD cause i do not have excle program so any other sugg. on a cheetsheet using DD???ALSO I LIKE the cigar sugg. cause most my friends hate smoke LOL, even though most of them smoke WEED thanks again dentistGET-R-DON PEACE

Without a computer, here are the things I would bring:

- NFL schedule, to be used when drafting your backups (don't worry about bye weeks when picking your starters)

- Your cheatsheets for each position, as well as your overall cheatsheet (highlight the players you are willing to reach on in one color, and highlight the ones who you think are overvalued in another color)

- Blank sheets of paper for each other team's picks (this can be extremely useful if you draft near the turn, because you can guess what positions other teams will draft, and possibly wait a few picks to get a player you want)

- Highlighters and pens (it's amazing how many people forget the little things; maybe you can trade a pen for future draft picks)

- If you are a world-class worm, you can bring your cellphone that has internet capability

P.S. Do not underestimate the value of knowing what positions other owners have taken, as well as the bye weeks of those players taken. For example - you are drafting from the 3rd spot, and it's coming back to you in the 8th round. You have no QB yet, but you have your sights set on Kurt Warner. The guy at 1 took McNabb in the 6th, and the guy at 2 took Delhomme in the 7th. You can safely pass on Warner and wait til round 9, because Warner's bye is the same as McNabb and Delhomme. This same strategy works well with TE's, K's, and D's, because most leagues start only 1 of each.

Several out of date Fantasy Football mags. Hand 'em to those who arrived unprepared.

Works like a charm everytime!

WOOOW GREAT SUGG. guys i also went to the 160 cheetsheet list and found the best one that fit my league but when i went to print it i cannot get the 3rd colum to print the one with the header >>>

Overall - Use For Top 50-60 ONLY Value is there a trick on printing this out right????also good posting Dirty Weasel

GETER DONE GLLLLLLL PEACE

1) Don't drink

2) By the time draft day rolls around you shouldn't be doing research. That may cause you to make last minute stupid decisions. Hopefully what's parked between your ears was made with a clear head and no pressure before draft day.

3) Talk up players you don't want

4) Pay attention to the flow of the draft and adjust your plan accordingly. Hopefully you don't need drastic changes.

5) DON'T DRINK !!!!!

1) Don't drink2) By the time draft day rolls around you shouldn't be doing research. That may cause you to make last minute stupid decisions. Hopefully what's parked between your ears was made with a clear head and no pressure before draft day.3) Talk up players you don't want 4) Pay attention to the flow of the draft and adjust your plan accordingly. Hopefully you don't need drastic changes.5) DON'T DRINK !!!!!
:crazy: :thumbdown: :crazy:

serious answer: a VBD cheatsheet.non-serious answer: a HUGE stinky cigar to distract/piss-off your other league owners
thanks for the reply but I HAVE DD but do not have VBD cause i do not have excle program so any other sugg. on a cheetsheet using DD???
If you have the Draft Dominator, then you have a good cheatsheet: Look under File --> Print --> Cheat Sheets.In addition to a positional cheat sheet (and possibly the Top 200 list from the DD if you want that), I'd bring a separate list of sleepers with good upside potential that you'll target in the late rounds.

thanks for the reply but I HAVE DD but do not have VBD cause i do not have excle program so any other sugg. on a cheetsheet using DD???
If you have the Draft Dominator, then you have a good cheatsheet: Look under File --> Print --> Cheat Sheets.In addition to a positional cheat sheet (and possibly the Top 200 list from the DD if you want that), I'd bring a separate list of sleepers with good upside potential that you'll target in the late rounds.
:goodposting: This is what I was going to post.

Before this year I had never subscribed to FBG before. This year I sprang for the subscription and will never buy another magazine again. I will pay for subscription early this year and get FBG mag but thats beside the point.

Having the draft domiator made all of my cheatsheets and depth charts obsolete. All I needed was in the DD program. I never looked at my mag or my VBD cheatsheet or my depth charts. I had them, just didnt need them because I had copied all of that stuff into the DD program.

You have to get laptops oked at your draft for the sheer reason of not needing 20 tools and only having one

creating a yardage league that is a pt every 5 yards and ppr

and having this option

1wr-3rb

2wr-2rb

or

3wr-1rb

seriously if you want to start a league use these rules and get

3 stud rb that catch passes

a qb who gets running yds too

1 solid if not stud receiver

=

$

ooh and 11 gups doesnt hurt

My brain!

It has taken in many things: games watching players last year and this preseason, many posts and articles read, participated in mock drafts/auctions.

After that---VBD sheet.

Hasn't been mentioned yet......but VBD is useless w/o ADP data
Yeah if you are not going to bring a laptop bring a list of ADP data so you will have an idea where to grab certain players. The DD was really the only thing I really needed but I did bring ADP data and my VBD cheat sheet and a schedule for bye week purposes. This was the first draft I went to where I didn't bring anything to write down just type it in the laptop and watch players I want fall to me. I wouldn't want to draft without a laptop during a live draft from now on.

THANKS AGAIN GUYS,my draft is in a hour and yes its a money league,also everyone got toghther and voted down laptop cause only 2 of us have them quess what the vote was yeah 6-2 no laptops forcking pissy errr

but i think im ready i hope at least,

i have copy of the DD 200 CHEETSHEET

DD mock 8 team draft i printed out the 8 teams

from the 160 cheetsheets i printed out the top picks via of our scoring in our league

pen,weed lol

list of bye week team by team

thats it for now i know im missing something errrrrrr

GET-R-DON GL PEACE

I used the DD for the first time this year and it was SICK! It has all of the above built into it. It already has the ADP for each player as well as their bye weeks. And since you input your league scoring, the VBD is also built in. Plus, you can weight certain weeks to make sure you are strong during the playoffs and division games. I never once had to look at my print outs....they were usless. Everything I needed was right there.

I will never use anything else for drafting.

1. Cheatsheet/VBD sheet with ADP, Bye Weeks and Overall Rankings. Like many, I make my own with different codes for sleepers, those with good playoff schedules, players I particularly like, etc.

2. Grid/Spreadsheet with other teams and positions. Everytime they fill in a position, a mark goes in the respective box. I dont need to know WHO they've taken in the first 10-12 rounds, but I do need to know WHAT they've drafted in the event it affects my strategy. This is particularly true if near the top/bottom of the draft.

3. Roster sheet for my team with bye weeks

Last edited:
I used the DD for the first time this year and it was SICK! It has all of the above built into it. It already has the ADP for each player as well as their bye weeks. And since you input your league scoring, the VBD is also built in. Plus, you can weight certain weeks to make sure you are strong during the playoffs and division games. I never once had to look at my print outs....they were usless. Everything I needed was right there.I will never use anything else for drafting.
THANKS CREEPS but like once said i cannot bring my laptop to my draft those others guys are scared of my laptop i quess thanks for the reply i rally whish i could errrrrrrrrrrrrGET-R-DON PEACE

hey all just trying to get a good feel on having the best tool at my draft which is in 2 days,i think haveing the DD would be the best but my friends will not let me bring my laptop to the bar, were we draft and i do not know which pick i will be to the day of the draft, we draw numbers the night of,so i was thinking cheetsheets also what u think of running a mock draft on DD and printing out each team and say im team number 6 try to follow what team 6 has pick on the mock draft???i do not know what u guys think?thanksGLLLLLLL GET-R-DON PEACE
beer. :banned: :banned: :banned: :banned: :banned: :banned:

Hey Rocko,

I know you're drafting *right now* but GL dude. Ran into your posts a few times over the last two weeks and I commend you on the effort you've put in to learn DD and find and print the cheat sheets.

I really hope you teach those guys not to mess with Rocko in FF!

Also, I know I speak for several of us when I say please post your team after the draft.

Get-r-done!

Peace, barn

:football:

WAIT, AM I CORRECT.....THIS IS A 8 TEAM DRAFT.......SO MUCH I WANT TO SAY :rant: .....BUT I'LL JUST SAY GOOD LUCK... :thumbup:

Best tool... my brain. Stuffed full of the latest injury, highlights of what Dodds mentioned in the perfect draft article, and other information.

After that, VBD sheet (or DD) and depth charts.

Draft Dominator.

I just drafted yesterday and used my personal laptop for the online draft and used DD on my work laptop. Great use of company resources!

And as a side note... Since the DD doesn't require the Internet, you don't run into firewalls... you can research without getting blocked by that pesky firewall.

Best Tool I bring to the draft mmmmm......let me think.

Oh, It's my bro-in-law and his draft night selections , who I eventually use as my farm team during the season.

Hasn't been mentioned yet......but VBD is useless w/o ADP data
Unless you do a lot of mocks and have a pretty good idea of what everyone's ADP are, but yeah we had a guy going off from the VBD cheetsheets and he totally ignored his team needs and ADP. He was taking backup rbs when there were still starters on the board. He wasn't handcuffing either and this isn't a keeper/dynasty league.

THANK U TO EVERYONE HERE FOR THE GREAT HELP,HAD MY DRAFT LAST NIGHT HERE WHAT I ENDED UP WITH,i think i did all right

im in an 8 teamer basic scoring

we start 1 QB,2 RB,3WR,1DEF,1 KICKER,TE SAME AS A WR.

QB.

C. Palmer ,J. Plummer

RB.

L. Tomlinson ,L. Jordan,R. Droughns ,T. Jones,C. Brown ,W. Lundy

WR.

S. Smith,D. Driver ,E. Kennison ,J. Horn ,I. Bruce

DEF.

BEARS

K.

J. Feely >>already thinking on droping him and getting someone else

here my scoring system

Passing Yards (20 yards per point)