What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Where Does Sidney Rice Go From Here (1 Viewer)

Per twitter

Sidney Rice & his agent are wrapping up deal with the Seahawks (Agreement in principle) done on Friday!
:X :bag:This is the worst possible news for all of us who own Rice.
I don't really agree with that. I think going to Carolina would have been worse. Good RB's(great with DWILL) and what figures to be a multi year commitment to Cam just seemed like the worst possible place he could land. If in fact he goes to Seattle he'll probably take a temporary hit but even that's not a given especially if TJAX does not win the job. However long term SEA is not heavily invested in any QB on their roster so if none of them step up it's highly likely SEA is bringing in an upgrade next season.It's not new but a little unusual the way Carroll is building the team. He stated that he thinks OL is the teams main offensive issue and that it needs to be fixed before you address other items. His actions this off season have supported his comments. Build the OL, beef up the WR group, and than next year they can bring in a QB and possibly a RB when the core of the offense is in place provided non of the incumbents step up.One other point Rice owners need to realize. Ask yourself what are you more concerned about with Rice? The QB throwing him the ball or his health? For me it's his health because he has, as ESPN's Matt Williamson said, a huge catch radius and he can make QB's look good. As Williamson said he believes Rice made Favre in 2009, not vice versa. I think Rice has enough talent to survive bad QB play and still be productive.So for me health is the major issue with Rice? The good news here is the two teams who have personnel that know him the best are the two teams vying for his services.If there was a reason an injury red flag on Rice these are exactly the two teams who would most likely be aware of it and they don't seem fazed by it. To me that's the underlying good news in this I'm not seeing Rice owners fully appreciate. SEA or a return to MN is not NE, Chicago or even Washington so I understand the letdown. Dude could have been an immediate monster in one of those places. Still might be sooner rather than later but if he's healthy he's going to be productive no matter were he ends up.

Hopefully, MINN signs McNabb and that sways Rice into staying in Minny. Rice would just be one of the guys in Minny and defenses wouldn't be able to key on him like they would in SEA.

But I do get the feeling he will go to whomever offers him the most money.

I get sick to my stomach when I think of TJAX throwing passes his general direction (in the ground or 15 yards over his head) and Sidney getting the pi$$ knocked out of him and getting injured again. :X :cry:

Hopefully, MINN signs McNabb and that sways Rice into staying in Minny. Rice would just be one of the guys in Minny and defenses wouldn't be able to key on him like they would in SEA.But I do get the feeling he will go to whomever offers him the most money. I get sick to my stomach when I think of TJAX throwing passes his general direction (in the ground or 15 yards over his head) and Sidney getting the pi$$ knocked out of him and getting injured again. :X :cry:
:goodposting:

Per twitter

Sidney Rice & his agent are wrapping up deal with the Seahawks (Agreement in principle) done on Friday!
So, it's tough for me to overlook what's going on with Sidney Rice. NFL source confirmed #Seahawks are pushing hard, pending physical.
per twitter? but who on twitter...?looking into this you find that its @incarceratedbob - this guy claims to have "breaking new's before the mainstream media" but i don't know who the f**k he is.
He's some guy from NJ that used to call into WFAN (NY sports radio) after he actually got out of jail and talked sports gambling on the morning show. He parlayed that into his own webiste where he gives gambling advice. I sincerely doubt he has any inside info on FA signings.

Anyone else a bit surprised that only two teams have seemingly stepped up to the plate for offers? Is the fact that they cannot get a physical done until Friday diminishing interest? If I were Rice, I would hold off on signing until mid next week if possible, to give teams time to check him out and clear him medically.

As per twitter:

Chris Wesseling

John Clayton just said on Sports Center that Sidney Rice is becoming the big story of the day. In addition to #Seahawks, #Rams also in.

My thoughts:

Rice to the Seahawks:

:X :yucky:

Rice to the Rams:

:thumbup:

Rice to the Rams would make me happy camper despite the Cardinals trading Rasmus for a bunch of garbage today (Baseball reference, settle down).

Rice owners need to start building shrines to Merlin Olsen and praying before them for the Rams to save Rice from the Pacific Northwest.

everyone hatin' on the Seahawks....They have put together a pretty nice looking offense....Next year, they snag one of the rookie QBs, and they are set!

everyone hatin' on the Seahawks....They have put together a pretty nice looking offense....Next year, they snag one of the rookie QBs, and they are set!
Yeah...set in another 3 years by the time that rookie QB can handle himself. By then they will have a new head coach and most of their team will be on a different team. They need a good QB NOW! Worst possible spot for Rice to land. Good for him in getting a fat pay check. He'll never win anything meaningful.

Yeah...set in another 3 years by the time that rookie QB can handle himself. By then they will have a new head coach and most of their team will be on a different team. They need a good QB NOW! Worst possible spot for Rice to land. Good for him in getting a fat pay check. He'll never win anything meaningful.
That's the thing....I'm pretty sure he could have gotten more money elsewhere....

The thing about Rice that makes him different from other big name WR free agent 'busts' is that Rice has actually been a student of the game as he's matured. He trained with Fitzgerald, for instance, and he's a fairly smart guy. I think he's going to be a steal for someone, actually. When healthy, he has Owens-like ability.If you can get him cheap, do it. You won't be disappointed.
This post has been retracted. Thank you for your understanding.

Not hating on the 'Hawks, in fact I think they are taking big steps towards improving their talent levels and they will have a bright future ahead once they upgrade at the QB position.

I am heavily invested in Rice and I was hoping that the Rams were going to land him to immediately improve his fantasy stock and value...neither Whitehurst or Jackson impress me very much and with the weak division that the Seahawks are in, they could easily go 8-8 again and remove themselves from the Andre Luck derby (or the other promising rookie QBs) and even if they land a talented rookie QB there is no guarantee that the QB will either pan out or develop into starter worthy significance right away.

I don't know how many of you have had the opportunity to watch Sidney Rice play, but he is something special. He is not Fitz, but very similar. The guy goes up and plucks passes out of the air and uses his size and ups to snag any ball that is underthrown or off target. DB's can't cover him. It was fun to watch his 09 season. I would assume he will get a big contract and pair himself up with a solid QB here soon in the free agency frenzy, but despite his skill sets, he has been riddled with injuries throughout his 4 year career. Supposedly his hip is ready to go now, but I don't know much about hip injuries. Is this something that will hinder his future greatly or because he played through it in 09 & got a few games in at the end of the season last year, is it something that is in the past and unlikely to be an issue. I think he can be a monster, but do not know much about his injury and how it might impact a WR. Insights... comments...
When healthy he is a beast.. I hope he returns to full health.. unfortunately for Rice and his FF owners he has gone to the wr production graveyard...

Newsflash: Optimism wanes in Seattle as Pete Carrol names Travaris Jackson as his starting QB.

(Unbelivable, according to PFT, Carrol has already named Jackson as the starter.)

Whew. Some in my league thought trading Rice, Ford, and two 2012 1sts for Nicks was expensive... I bailed at just the right time.

Newsflash: Optimism wanes in Seattle as Pete Carrol names Travaris Jackson as his starting QB. (Unbelivable, according to PFT, Carrol has already named Jackson as the starter.)
I'd start him too knowing they will lose 3 or 4 of the 1st 5 games. Then he will be able to ####can T-joke. Hell, maybe this bum starts the whole year and they make a b-line for Andrew Luck.

I am trying to figure out what Carrol is thinking. I imagine he repoted to John Schnieder in private after the interview by saying: "Step one in operation Suck for Luck has just been activated". ;)

Yes, Sidney Rice would be a hold in Dynasty if you want to wait for Andrew Luck. Naming Tarvaris Jackson starting QB is a terrible short term move but it could pay dividends long run if they are attempting to game the draft.

This year I wouldnt draft him unless he falls below value. And even then, I might not pull the trigger. Rice is a good athlete. BUT, he's not throwing himself the ball..............Long term.......I dont know. If he has a decent QB throwin to him he'd be a solid WR1.

Yes, Sidney Rice would be a hold in Dynasty if you want to wait for Andrew Luck. Naming Tarvaris Jackson starting QB is a terrible short term move but it could pay dividends long run if they are attempting to game the draft.
odds are they won't get Luck.

Users who are viewing this thread