What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which RBBC becomes a 1-horse race first? (1 Viewer)

chicken

Footballguy
In week 1 I saw at least 7 teams with a clear cut RBBC or the makings of one and I'm curious as to which one will become 1 first.

NE-Maroney/Dillon--almost 50/50 split on the carries

NO-Bush/Deuce--both got 22 touches

TEN-C.Brown/Henry--one got the carries the other the TDs

DEN-M.Bell/T.Bell--14touches for Mike & a TD, 15 for Tatum & a 100+yds

IND-Addai/Rhode--neither looked great

NYJ-Blaylock/Barlow--Blaylock got more rushes, but 1.9/carry ain't gonna do it

CHI-T.Jones/Benson--Jones starts but does next to nothing with it. Jones' RZ looks were: 4car 7yds, 1rec 0yds, 1ps -4yds.

Easy. Maroney. Dillon looks slow and old. With no real WR threat in NE, there will be lots of running which means Dillon will soon be on the "undeclared" (by Belichik) Injury report.

Easy. Maroney. Dillon looks slow and old. With no real WR threat in NE, there will be lots of running which means Dillon will soon be on the "undeclared" (by Belichik) Injury report.
Wouldn't be surprising to see Dillon on the injury report with a mysterious knee problem because Bill doesn't want to hurt his feelings by out and out benching him.

Wouldn't be surprising to see Dillon on the injury report with a mysterious knee problem because Bill doesn't want to hurt his feelings by out and out benching him.
Dillon looked great Sunday. The Pat's have no wr's and will use Dillon a ton. Espically at the goalline.

If a 4.6 ypc equates to "slow and old," I'm right there with you on Dillon, cause that's what he averaged on Sunday against Buffalo.After his first two runs that totaled 50 yards, Maroney cooled off dramatically. He had 36 more yards on 15 more carries (2.4 ypc).I'm not saying Maroney will be a dud, nor am I suggesting that Dillon will be a stud again. Both guys seemed to do well at times and in different situations.But I hardly think Dillon will roll over and die and fade out of the picture if he's healthy. This one has RBBC written all over it for now.

Barlow, then Henry, then maybe Addai. After that, I think they all stay RBBC this year.

Barlow looked a lot better than Blaylock and is probably being held back just b/c he is so new to the team.

Henry because Brown will have his annual injury-fest by week 4

And Addai because he just looked a lot faster than Rhodes. But, this one could stay RBBC since he's a rookie (i.e. blitz pickup, hitting the rookie wall, lack of confidence in him by the coaching staff)

If a 4.6 ypc equates to "slow and old," I'm right there with you on Dillon, cause that's what he averaged on Sunday against Buffalo.After his first two runs that totaled 50 yards, Maroney cooled off dramatically. He had 36 more yards on 15 more carries (2.4 ypc).I'm not saying Maroney will be a dud, nor am I suggesting that Dillon will be a stud again. Both guys seemed to do well at times and in different situations.But I hardly think Dillon will roll over and die and fade out of the picture if he's healthy. This one has RBBC written all over it for now.
:goodposting: i'm as excited as anyone that Maroney is doing well, but the Pats have been so sucessful because they use what they have effectively.that means they will both play.

T Jones already looks like "the guy" w/ most of CB's carries coming in garbage / killtheclock time.

If Grossman is decent like last week (not tossing picks all over the place), this team could go deep in the playoffs and Jones will be the guy they ride. 70/30

It’s becoming more and more trendy for teams to use split backfields where multiple players carry the load. Here were the best multiple-RB backfields I saw in Week One:

1) Falcons (Warrick Dunn 29-132-0 rushing; Jerious Norwood 10-66-0 rushing — plus, QB Michael Vick added 7-48-0 rushing)

2) Giants (Tiki Barber 18-110-0 rushing, 5-61-0 receiving; Brandon Jacobs 8-54-1)

3) Patriots (Laurence Maroney 17-86-0 rushing; Corey Dillon 16-73-0 rushing; Kevin Faulk 3-21-0 rushing, 1-17-1 receiving)

4) Saints (Deuce McAllister 22-90-0 rushing; Reggie Bush 14-61-0 rushing, 8-58 receiving)

5) Broncos (Tatum Bell 15-103-1 rushing; Mike Bell 10-58-1 rushing, 4-30 receiving)

6) Chargers (LaDainian Tomlinson (31-131-1 rushing, 3-18-0 receiving; Michael Turner 10-37-1 rushing)

Why is everyone down on Indie's running game? I think if you have both Rhodes and Addai you should be pretty good, especially if you ave them as your #3 and #4 RBs (even #2 and #3 wouldn't be horrible). That said, which RBBC team is better to have? Indy, Chicago, Denver, Houston, etc.?

I'd say Julius Jones/MBIII. It appears Jones will be the 2 down back and MBIII coming in on 3rd. They did that rather effectively against a pretty tough Jax D.

Users who are viewing this thread