What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which Side of Dynasty Trade (1 Viewer)

Eclipse

Footballguy
12 Team PPR which side would you pick AJ Green for Aaron Jones, 2018 1.09 and 3.04.  Thoughts on each side.

If you are in the hunt, you pay this price for AJ Green easily.  Though he'll be 30 this year, he is still an elite WR and definitely a WR1.  I think he has 2-3 years of WR1 in him before he starts to decline.

If you in a rebuild or trying to sell Green while he is still "worth something" then you are selling short.  I would want a better/more sure thing than Jones or a higher pick than the 1.09, probably both.  Jones has a small spurt last year where he looked like the RB to own in GB but he got hurt and Jamaal Williams finished the season and is listed as the starter.  TyMont will also be back and he was the starter at the beginning of the year and will likely at least get some touches.  Whoever wins the job will be valuable but I say the odds on Jones are less than 50%.  The rookie draft is pretty deep this year and nice player will be available at 1.09 while the 3.04 is more of a dart throw.  I would not trade Green for this! 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have both Williams and Jones, and I have tried selling them as a package and have no offers close to AJ Green value. I agree with the above, whoever gets green in this trade is the winner. Too much uncertainty with jones and the picks. 

AJ Green is the better side but I am not so sure that you can get better if you are trying to move AJ Green.  He is still good but not the elite guy he once was.  In addition he seems to have lost perceived value when using him in trade discussions.  Most people aren't exited by Green especially at this stage of the year.  He is a good piece on a contending team but has very little value this time of year for a team in rebuild mode. 

Bottom line for me is that if I am a contender that needs WR help I probably pull the trigger for AJ Green.  If I am a rebuilder and have Green I wait until the season and then shop him to a contender mid season as that will likely be your best bet to maximize value for a guy like Green. 

Users who are viewing this thread