What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which Streaming Series / TV Series do you rewatch most? (1 Viewer)

Currently:
Seinfeld
Band of Brothers

Not recent but probably all time leader:
Gilligan's Island
I was a Gilligan’s Island fan as a kid. I remember after school I would watch that and the Flintstones. When I watch Gilligan’s Island now it is kind of silly, but I have fond memories of it.

I watch Band of Brothers and the first season of True Detective at least once a year.

Currently rewatching Northern Exposure for the first time in 20 years. Still a lot of fun.

I could do annual rewatches of the following:

Sopranos
Breaking Bad (incl. BCS)
Deep Space Nine

I have recently rewatched the following:

Six Feet Under
The Wire
Battlestar Galactica

On the list to rewatch:

The X Files
Dark

The only thing I think I've rewatched is Twin Peaks.

I don't considered comedies that are in syndication like Seinfeld a "rewatch" since I'm not doing them in order.

I definitely want to revisit True Detective season 1.

I would also categorize this into two groups. A methodical watch from the beginning, episode by episode, season by season and the other would be ones I watch on a whim that don't need to be watched in any particular order (e.g. Seinfeld)

I would also categorize this into two groups. A methodical watch from the beginning, episode by episode, season by season and the other would be ones I watch on a whim that don't need to be watched in any particular order (e.g. Seinfeld)
I tend to rewatch episodes of shows a lot now and not the run from start to finish.

Ted Lasso, Leverage and Leverage: Redemption, Burn Notice, Castle, Person of Interest to name a few.

Will also watch a series finale followed by ep1 just to go back and see where it all started.

I will bet money that I'm the only one on this board and perhaps the only person period that does this.... but I watch Impractical Jokers (on TruTV) several times a week, several hours at a time. It's completely mindless and I've seen every episode at least 15-20 times, no joke.

It helps me cope with anxiety and depression, if you can believe it. I just lay on my futon, playing various games on my phone, and "half-watch" the show. Good thing they air it 3-4 times a week. For nights where they've got something else on, I have about 50 of them saved on our DVR and I just watch whatever episodes sound good (and that I haven't seen in a few days).

Again, not really paying full attention... sometimes getting up to do laundry or help the kids with something. My son (and sometimes daughter) will come in and lay with me (they'll bring their iPad or whatever) for a bit. It just kills the time and I can get back to my crazy life at another point in the day/night.

I will bet money that I'm the only one on this board and perhaps the only person period that does this.... but I watch Impractical Jokers (on TruTV) several times a week, several hours at a time. It's completely mindless and I've seen every episode at least 15-20 times, no joke.

It helps me cope with anxiety and depression, if you can believe it. I just lay on my futon, playing various games on my phone, and "half-watch" the show. Good thing they air it 3-4 times a week. For nights where they've got something else on, I have about 50 of them saved on our DVR and I just watch whatever episodes sound good (and that I haven't seen in a few days).

Again, not really paying full attention... sometimes getting up to do laundry or help the kids with something. My son (and sometimes daughter) will come in and lay with me (they'll bring their iPad or whatever) for a bit. It just kills the time and I can get back to my crazy life at another point in the day/night.
Wow! I completely forgot about this. I'm a frequent watcher. Sometimes I might just use it as something to switch to while another show is on commercial break.
Bar Rescue another one, though not nearly as much viewing as IP.
I do miss Joe though.

I can relate. As dumb as it sounds I used to like to watch “Diggers”. A metal detecting show with a couple of goofballs. I can’t find it any longer.

Prince Herb says hi

I've re-watched dramas like The Sopranos and Breaking Bad, but those are quite an undertaking to get through. Sitcoms make for easier rewatching since you can drop in and out.

After you rewatched it enough, I'd recommend treating The Sopranos more like a sitcom. I don't think the comedic elements get enough love. I'll watch random episodes just like Seinfeld.

Wow! I completely forgot about this. I'm a frequent watcher. Sometimes I might just use it as something to switch to while another show is on commercial break.
Bar Rescue another one, though not nearly as much viewing as IP.
I do miss Joe though.
Yeah the dynamic completely changed when they went from 4 with Joe down to 3. I really only try watching seasons 3-9. Right around season 7-8 was the peak.

Seinfeld and MASH
Since you’re a MASH fan go to Youtube and search MASH filming location. It’s a far out of the way location in California and there are remnants of the old set still there and rusted out ambulances etc. one of the videos even does landscape comparison wit clips from the show that match up. I think you will find it interesting. There may be more than one, so finding the one that compares the land with the show may take watching more than one Video. Either way, several are good.

Game of Thrones. Picked up so much the 2nd time through.
The Office
The Witcher - in anticipation of season 4 coming out pretty soon.

I am pretty sure I have never rewatched any streaming service series. There are too many series that I can watch for the 1st time.

This summer , I did go back and watch Hill Street Blues and NYPD , haven't seen those since high school. Currently watching Star Trek , The Next Generation. 1/2 way through season 6.
If i could find Simon and Simon or Moonlighting , they would be next

Andor
Band of Brothers
The Wire
Henry Danger (Almost every day for years, Piper is the G.O.A.T.)
Homeland
Two and a Half Men
Ted Lasso
Never Have I Ever
Eastbound and Down or Curb if the mood is right.
Gravity Falls

The 70's cop shows on MeTV are in heavy rotation.

I set the remote down when Barnaby Jones, Cannon and Mannix come on.

It is always a good watch when a 68 year-old Buddy Ebsen chases a long-haired punk a mile down a busy LA street, and then drops him with one solid right hook.

The two 24/7 channels I put on when I'm not in the mood to pay attention are the Simpsons and Seinfeld. Both are infinitely rewatchable.

I've re-watched dramas like The Sopranos and Breaking Bad, but those are quite an undertaking to get through. Sitcoms make for easier rewatching since you can drop in and out.

After you rewatched it enough, I'd recommend treating The Sopranos more like a sitcom. I don't think the comedic elements get enough love. I'll watch random episodes just like Seinfeld.
Interesting idea. I agree with you that The Sopranos is a lot funnier than it gets credit for. I should try this sometime.

Interesting idea. I agree with you that The Sopranos is a lot funnier than it gets credit for. I should try this sometime.

I always thought of The Sopranos as more of a dark comedy than a drama: Only thing missing is the laugh track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIrNR7YPlhI

I always thought of The Sopranos as more of a dark comedy than a drama: Only thing missing is the laugh track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIrNR7YPlhI
I never viewed Sopranos as any kind of comedy. Sure it might have some funny moments, but comedy? No. That’s like viewing Die Hard as a Xmas movie.

I never viewed Sopranos as any kind of comedy. Sure it might have some funny moments, but comedy? No. That’s like viewing Die Hard as a Xmas movie.

I'd venture to say you haven't watched it enough to pick up on the comedic element that presents itself after frequent viewings.

I'd venture to say you haven't watched it enough to pick up on the comedic element that presents itself after frequent viewings.

when people quote or discuss the Sporanos it's almost always about something funny like "really, his house looked like ****?".

Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee

it's a nice palate cleanser or mood enhancer. a quick 20 minute laugh and i can move on. find myself re-watching random episodes here and there and still laughing.
Jerry with Norm MacDonald talking about Billy Cosby is one of my hardest laughs ever.

That sounds hilarious. I never watched the series but sure there are some great guests/episodes.

Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee

it's a nice palate cleanser or mood enhancer. a quick 20 minute laugh and i can move on. find myself re-watching random episodes here and there and still laughing.
Jerry with Norm MacDonald talking about Billy Cosby is one of my hardest laughs ever.

That sounds hilarious. I never watched the series but sure there are some great guests/episodes.

Deep Space Nine

Battlestar Galactica
Which of these two do you recommend jumping onto first? I've seen random episodes of both but really want to dive in and watch from start to finish. Both have been recommended to me a few times.

Deep Space Nine

Battlestar Galactica
Which of these two do you recommend jumping onto first? I've seen random episodes of both but really want to dive in and watch from start to finish. Both have been recommended to me a few times.

Wow that's a good question. I would say BSG has definitely aged better and it's great from the start.

DS9 starts out a bit slower. The first three seasons were mainly episodic and they didn't get into the serialized Dominion War storylines until end of S3/beginning S4. But if you liked Next Generation, I don't see why you wouldn't like even the early stuff. Some amazing episodes in there. Just realize it gets even more amazing and IMO surpasses TNG by the end of the series. The characters overall are better (outside of Picard), the Dominion War is amazing, and it had the best villain in all of Star Trek, which all together is what makes it so good.

A DS9 watch is an undertaking. That's 176 episodes.

One hurdle you may have with BSG is where to watch it streaming. I recently rewatched it and had to resort to pirating because it wasn't streaming anywhere outside of $2.99/episode on Amazon which wasn't going to happen. Also for BSG, there were a few film length episodes and other random things that were released separately in between seasons. You may want to look up a viewing order for these online.

Deep Space Nine

Battlestar Galactica

Wow that's a good question. I would say BSG has definitely aged better and it's great from the start.

DS9 starts out a bit slower. The first three seasons were mainly episodic and they didn't get into the serialized Dominion War storylines until end of S3/beginning S4. But if you liked Next Generation, I don't see why you wouldn't like even the early stuff. Some amazing episodes in there. Just realize it gets even more amazing and IMO surpasses TNG by the end of the series. The characters overall are better (outside of Picard), the Dominion War is amazing, and it had the best villain in all of Star Trek, which all together is what makes it so good.

A DS9 watch is an undertaking. That's 176 episodes.

One hurdle you may have with BSG is where to watch it streaming. I recently rewatched it and had to resort to pirating because it wasn't streaming anywhere outside of $2.99/episode on Amazon which wasn't going to happen. Also for BSG, there were a few film length episodes and other random things that were released separately in between seasons. You may want to look up a viewing order for these online.
Awesome, thank you! I'm gonna start with DS9 and the number of episodes is a plus as I won't burn through it too quick. I'm at a dead zone at the moment with not a lot catching my eye so this is good news.

Oh yeah, and I loved TNG so this right up my alley.

Users who are viewing this thread