What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who is benching Tom Brady at Denver?? (2 Viewers)

The only reason losers are going to be us in this thread, because if Brady goes out and puts up a monster game we will have to hear Dr. Brew spam the thread on how smart he was, if Brady sucks then we get everyone else coming in and trolling Dr. Brew and talking about how smart they are.
I've been humbled and eaten my crow with a knife and fork like the best of them. if I lose because I didn't sit Tom Brady for Tyrod Taylor or Alex Smith, I can gladly accept that. because 9 times out of 10 I am making the right choice. 

if I picked up either of them and lost because Brady went off, I would look back and think how stupid I was over analyzing things

so I'm in a win win scenario if you ask me

I won't need to brag. if he goes off big I'll be looking at week 16. that's reward enough for me. 

the fact that people here think kaep and Alex Smith are better options really makes me second guess the intelligence in these forums lately. too many of the best minds have left or been scooped up by other opportunities

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been humbled and eaten my crow with a knife and fork like the best of them. if I lose because I didn't sit Tom Brady for Tyrod Taylor or Alex Smith, I can gladly accept that. because 9 times out of 10 I am making the right choice. 

if I picked up either of them and lost because Brady went off, I would look back and think how stupid I was over analyzing things

so I'm in a win win scenario if you ask me

I won't need to brag. if he goes off big I'll be looking at week 16. that's reward enough for me. 

the fact that people here think kaep and Alex Smith are better options really makes me second guess the intelligence in these forums lately. too many of the best minds have left or been scooped up by other opportunities
We really believe you too. All your posts in here are so humble and tolerant of opposing views. 

No way am I doing it.  As a Broncos fan, I think NE will run it early and often, but Brady should still have no worse than a solid FF day. 

I have nothing against opposing views or suggestions; that's what makes this forum great. everyone has different strategies. some people are obsessed with the matchup game and that works out sometimes... some people are obsessed with start your studs and that works out sometime.

no one can predict what will happen this week. chances are Brady does neither, he doesn't flop and doesn't go off. at this point who cares who ends up right or wrong. 

people who plays the matchup game have already made up their minds. so have i. Maybe we will all be right and Alex Smith has a 20 point game and so does Brady. 

personally, I have a fairly strong team aside from Brady so if I scores 16 points I'm probably still in great shape. others might not be as fortunate. 9 times out of 10 I'm probably making the right call and if I lose because I stuck with Brady then at least I can not regret roster decisions all off season. the other way around... I'd be kicking myself for breaking my rule. I've been on that side before, too many times, which is why I go by start your studs.the last few years. it's worked out for me why stop now. 

best of luck to everyone with whatever you all decide this week. hope we all have a great Christmas in the finals to look forward to

So i'm facing the #1 seed this this week and I was actually favored to win by 18pts

well....that was before the Dolphins game because he had the Dolphin's D/ST that got him 22pts

I was going to play it safe with starting Brady, but now I need to swing for the fences it seems like

Brady @DEN

Flacco vs PHI

Taylor vs CLE

Kaepernick @ATL

=(

So i'm facing the #1 seed this this week and I was actually favored to win by 18pts

well....that was before the Dolphins game because he had the Dolphin's D/ST that got him 22pts

I was going to play it safe with starting Brady, but now I need to swing for the fences it seems like

Brady @DEN

Flacco vs PHI

Taylor vs CLE

Kaepernick @ATL

=(
The swing for the fences play is Kaep. Of course the floor is much lower though. I think we need to look at the context of Kaep's last two games though,  as I think unusual circumstances played into both games.

The Chicago game was in terrible weather conditions where he eventually was benched, and weather isn't an issue in the dome. His game against the Jets was one that saw the Niners jumping out to an early lead and trying to nurse it the remainder of the game, which is also something I don't see happening. Kaep is playing indoors in a game where SF should be playing from behind the entire way,  and I think that's favorable for Kaep putting up fantasy numbers not like the previous two games, but like the 3 games prior to that.  This is a game where I think he could have 70-100 yards rushing on top if having to throw a lot. 

The swing for the fences play is Kaep. Of course the floor is much lower though. I think we need to look at the context of Kaep's last two games though,  as I think unusual circumstances played into both games.

The Chicago game was in terrible weather conditions where he eventually was benched, and weather isn't an issue in the dome. His game against the Jets was one that saw the Niners jumping out to an early lead and trying to nurse it the remainder of the game, which is also something I don't see happening. Kaep is playing indoors in a game where SF should be playing from behind the entire way,  and I think that's favorable for Kaep putting up fantasy numbers not like the previous two games, but like the 3 games prior to that.  This is a game where I think he could have 70-100 yards rushing on top if having to throw a lot. 
he's also without his top 3 passing targets...

I am clearly in the minority, but why do people always assume your view should be tolerated?
There is no other view, nor will I tolerate anyones view who is benching Brady. :-)
Trump election has everyone thinking people have to tolerate all opinions. lol
You play Brady, if you lose, you lose... but you do not bench a guy at the top of his game.
Can he suck? Sure, but he is less likely to suck than anyone else.

not looking good so far but alternatives haven't done well either

Taylor had 15 points in my league. Alex Smith and flacco were pretty bad. 

I think bradys floor is 15 points.... even with a rough 1st quarter

Started flacco.  Going to regret it, without question.  Most likely ended my season, though subpar games from brown, Kelce, ware didn't help.

WheelsUp said:
I am clearly in the minority, but why do people always assume your view should be tolerated?
There is no other view, nor will I tolerate anyones view who is benching Brady. :-)
Trump election has everyone thinking people have to tolerate all opinions. lol
You play Brady, if you lose, you lose... but you do not bench a guy at the top of his game.
Can he suck? Sure, but he is less likely to suck than anyone else.
You have to tolerate other people's views because you aren't right 100 percent of the time. So until you are don't be a jerk.

Hows that working out for ya?
ok so far I'm winning with my opponent with Doug martin. 

no ragrets either way. the other options proposed in here didn't do too well either. if I lose I would have lost with any reasonable qb

peoplesaid 16 points wasn't enough. no qb mentioned in here got 16 or more

9/10 times it's the right call. waswrong this time. you win some you lose some. that's why we play the games!

like I said I'll eat my crow. but I don't think anyone who benched him is really celebrating because their alternative likely crapped the bed too

ok so far I'm winning with my opponent with Doug martin. 

no ragrets either way. the other options proposed in here didn't do too well either. if I lose I would have lost with any reasonable qb

peoplesaid 16 points wasn't enough. no qb mentioned in here got 16 or more

9/10 times it's the right call. waswrong this time. you win some you lose some. that's why we play the games!
This isn't how you are humbled and accept you were wrong. All you did was say you made the right call and try to defend it by saying others didn't score what you thought was Brady's floor. You are also wrong at least 2  quarterbacks mention got 16 or more standard points Palmer, and Kap. Ben and Tyrod also got 15.

This isn't how you are humbled and accept you were wrong. All you did was say you made the right call and try to defend it by saying others didn't score what you thought was Brady's floor. You are also wrong at least 2  quarterbacks mention got 16 or more standard points Palmer, and Kap. Ben and Tyrod also got 15.
people were benching because "Brady isn't likely to score over 20 points" how is 15 and 16 something to crow about? that's what yahoo had Brady projected at and many here said it wasn't good enough! suddenly it is?! my point is if you needed 20 and Brady was not likely to get, so you started kaep, you still didn't get what you needed. 

yes, obviously 16 is better than 7 or whatever Brady got. Brady was the bad choice. in theevent I lose I won't be kicking myself for starting brady. I made my peace with that regardless of the outcome. Maybe others not so much. I figure you make the rational choice for yourself and let the chips fall where they may. so if you're looking for despair you won't get it. I'm good with my decision 

The only reason losers are going to be us in this thread, because if Brady goes out and puts up a monster game we will have to hear Dr. Brew spam the thread on how smart he was, if Brady sucks then we get everyone else coming in and trolling Dr. Brew and talking about how smart they are.
love self fulfilling prophecies  ;)

Looks like benching him was the right call.  Flacco, at 18 points, doubled Brady's output in my league.  I'm left with needing 35 points out of Dan Bailey and Jordan Reed. 

I hate fantasy football.

people were benching because "Brady isn't likely to score over 20 points" how is 15 and 16 something to crow about? that's what yahoo had Brady projected at and many here said it wasn't good enough! suddenly it is?! my point is if you needed 20 and Brady was not likely to get, so you started kaep, you still didn't get what you needed. 

yes, obviously 16 is better than 7 or whatever Brady got. Brady was the bad choice. in theevent I lose I won't be kicking myself for starting brady. I made my peace with that regardless of the outcome. Maybe others not so much. I figure you make the rational choice for yourself and let the chips fall where they may. 
I have no problem with who you choose, it is your team start who you want.

I had a problem with the way you and several others acted when people said there were better options and many of them. You and the other trolls berated people for not starting Brady or thinking about starting someone else when there were a number of overwhelming reasons. Just come in and say "Hey, my bad, I got it wrong hope no one lost there game on my account." Instead you make a ton of excuses why everyone else is still wrong and you right. Not only were you wrong, but you were dead wrong. Brady has to be qb25 or worse this week.

I haven't said any such thing about being smart or trolling you. You are upset that you were wrong and that no one is going to by your buy your humble apology. Good luck sir.
I'm actually not upset at all lol. that's what I was saying 10 hours ago... I am good with my choice no matter what and found it results in less second guessing and less stress. have to take the good with the bad. 

if people changed their rosters off of what I said, well that's a problem because you should never do that. you should weigh all of your information and make your own decision. if they did, yeah it sucks and I'd feel bad about it. what's comforting is I'm right far more often than I'm wrong. so cheers to that. 

if you were looking for 20 points and your sub still didn't get it, I'm sorry to hear that but you can find a moral victory in the fact that you made the right call! 

asfar as I go, yeah I will probably lose depending what martin does and Tyrod probably would have won it for me. such is life.

I left my Grey's Sports Almanac in my DeLorean so I couldn't give more exact advise today! darn

Looks like benching him was the right call.  Flacco, at 18 points, doubled Brady's output in my league.  I'm left with needing 35 points out of Dan Bailey and Jordan Reed. 

I hate fantasy football.
nah, it's what makes it great. it's so unpredictable. Bell can get 50 points one week and less than 20 the next week. if I had that this week Brady wouldn't matter. if Ajayi rushes that 1 yard attempt to the endzone I'm not sweating Sunday night football. 

gotta take the good with the bad. it's a lot of luck at this point 

I kind of want to go on a multi quote spree in here. Maybe I will tomorrow after all games are played.

Let me just start by saying literally every single option that was thrown out and then shot down by the Brady bunch trolls outscored Brady this week.

Always start your studs though, right???

I hate that expression and flawed logic. You need to consider all the factors and go with your gut. I started Brady in both my leagues. Am out in one and alive (thanks Brandon Cooks) in the other. Let's see if starting Winston would have made the difference in the league I lost...

I was wrong, his floor was lot lower than I expected and the game didn't require him to push the ball, just manage. It cost me a Bowl trip.. but I'm ok with starting who got me there versus not starting him and he goes off, been there done that and it's worse. My main backup has been Marriota and he was worse! loln I basically lost to Brandon Cooks.

not sure if you're implying I'm a pat or Brady fan. can stand either. I got Brady late in my league because everyone else hates him too 
I'm a Pats fan. And I didn't want to start him. But the FBG community swayed me. It's my fault but I'm done with the always start your studs argument 

I kind of want to go on a multi quote spree in here. Maybe I will tomorrow after all games are played.

Let me just start by saying literally every single option that was thrown out and then shot down by the Brady bunch trolls outscored Brady this week.
I would like to know who Brady actually outscored other than Osweiler? I;ve only looked at a few games and all of them outscored Brady. And while Brady outscored Osweiler, the backup for the Texans, Savage, did better than Brady and I'm pretty sure he didn't play the entire 1st quarter. 

Every year in FF playoffs there is a player that you count on that let's you down in a big way and costs you a win. A player that has produced every other game for you. That's Tom Brady this week. If you need a high ceiling from your QB this weekend go with Rivers, Flacco, or Tyrod. All three have cake matchups. We know the hoody is going to beat or try to beat Denver on the ground where they are vulnerable. They don't give up passing yds and TD's but they do give up rushing yds and rushing TD's. It's not going to take more than 21 pts to beat Denver. Brady won't be asked to do much.  I'm saying 200 yds passing and 1 TD and 1 INT. 
I was close on the yds projection but missed the int and TD but it was a good call to sit him today no matter what anyone says. All three QB's I listed above outscored Brady. Did starting Brady over another QB you were thinking about knock you out of the playoffs?

I would like to know who Brady actually outscored other than Osweiler? I;ve only looked at a few games and all of them outscored Brady. And while Brady outscored Osweiler, the backup for the Texans, Savage, did better than Brady and I'm pretty sure he didn't play the entire 1st quarter. 
Depending on the scoring system Brady is close to these guys, Stafford, Bradford, Petty, Mariotta, Bortles, and Winston is half way there.

Hows that working out for ya?
Worked out great for me.  Palmer got me 23.9 instead of Brady's 9.4. Then again,  I doubt anyone lost much by benching Brady. How dare anyone play matchups in FF.

You don't throw the ball against DEN. When are you guys gonna start realizing this...
In a 1pt/20 passing, 4pt/passing TD league, only one QB has scored at least 19pts against Denver since week 2, Brees in week 10 who had 26.1.For reference, 20 QBs averaged at least 19PPG in this format, so reaching 19pts as a QB isn't even anything great. Cam had 24.1 in week one, but we all know that week one can give us some anomalies. Starting QBs against DEN this year (especially when they're at home), has been fantasy suicide all year long. I haven't feared DEN that much this year when it comes to starting RBs, but I want no part of any passing game playing DEN.

If he'd been close to even his average this week, I'd have a terrific shot. IN my league, his worst three games of the year were 19.6, 15.5...and today's 9.3

That 19.6 would have left me as a coin-flip instead of an almost certain loss.

Not complaining though, as Brady is a big reason why I was there to begin with.

I still will never bench Brady, nor tolerate any view of anyone benching him.

Hindsight is 20/20, thats what people dont like to admit.

Still wouldnt bench Brady, if they played this game in Denver again next week.

You dont bench Tom Brady.

I don't have any problems with people taking this stance, I just think there are certain cases where benching him is warranted. To me this week was one of those cases. I had this week's game marked since week six or seven as the one game where I'd probably bench Brady. Now granted I had Palmer in the juiciest of matchups, and had my other choices been guys like Kaep/Oz/Smith/Tyrod etc. then I would have just bit the bullet and started Brady. 

I just can't stand it when the masses say you "must" start a certain player every week just because of who they are.  Each week is it's own entity and everyone runs their own team. I don't think anyone should feel obligated to start a player or be looked down upon for benching a player just because the consensus of the guys on the internet tell you that's what you should do. If I've learned one thing over the years of playing FF, it's to always go with your gut.  Sometimes you look like a genius, sometimes you look like an idiot,  but either way it's easier to live with it if it's "your" decision. 

You plan on kicking someone's ### if they tell you they're benching Brady? 

I hope people realize I say "tolerate" as tongue in cheek. lol I see MSUDaisy took it serious and called me a jerk.
Dont have to get that serious Daisy, its only meant for a little fun in emphasis.
Some players are above being benched and are match up proof in the sit/star category.
No one can predict how cames really go, but some players you have to go with and deal with the repercussions.
Brady is one of them.

Brady sucked equally to my other 2 choices!!!!
I don't believe believe you. Noone was worse than this turd burglar this week. I think Goff was right there with him. Another ####ty week from a great Week 1-14 QB who craps the bed consistently at the end of the season. One week earlier than usual this year. Thanks Tom.

Users who are viewing this thread