What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who is the current NFL O ROY? (1 Viewer)

Vector said:
That sound you hear is Zac Stacey rumbling up from the rear to pass the field.
Beat me to it, I think by the end of the year it will be between Geno, Lacy, and Stacy.
It's a 4-horse race, and all 4 are on the rise. My current rankings: Keenan Allen, Gio, Lacy, Stacy.

LOL at Geno Smith even getting a single vote.
You're probably right, but he did play QB as the Jets upset one of the (arguably) top 5 teams in the NFL. Granted, he didn't cause the win, but he didn't lose it.

From this morning on GIO

he leads all rookie running backs in total yards (628), receiving yards (267), total touchdowns (six) and rushing touchdowns (four), and he is second behind Green Bay Packers RB Eddie Lacy in rushing yards (361). He is also avg 4.5 ypc to Lacy's 4.4.

Bernard has displayed above-average feet and lateral agility to make defenders miss in a confined area, and he flashes noticeable acceleration out of cuts. Although he lacks ideal power in his lower half, Bernard has excellent balance, which has allowed him to stay on his feet after contact. Bernard also is showing strong instincts and vision. He is setting up and using his blocks and has a strong feel for the cutback lanes.

Bernard displayed some of these strengths coming out of North Carolina. However, his biggest asset entering the 2013 draft was his versatility in the passing game, which has translated well to start his career. Bernard is a polished route-runner who shows above-average quickness out of cuts, shows natural hands and makes a quick transition up the field after the catch. Despite his lack of ideal size, Bernard has shown adequate awareness and technique with his sets in pass protection.

enjoy! http://www.sbnation.com/2013/11/1/5054926/gio-bernard-giovani-run

Last edited by a moderator:
My list:

• Lacy - Will lock this award up if he's able to carry the load while Rogers is out hurt.
  • Gio - Phenomenally explosive, great talent, and his value to the team is becoming much more than complimentary
  • Geno - Signal caller for a winning Jets team, that's amazing in and of itself. Playing well, but the defense and running game are such big factors that it diminishes his performance, which has been solid but not spectacular.
  • Allen - Having an incredible season for a rookie WR, and having a big impact for the Chargers.

Unfortunately with Rodgers out, teams will put up 8-man fronts all day to stop Lacy and a run-first Seneca Wallace. And remember-- Green Bay's offensive line isn't that good to begin with, and they are pass-oriented. The Pack doesn't even have a TE now worth a damn for dump-offs.

They are going to get owned in the run game now.

I think Lacy hits a literal wall, and I am even more confident Keenan Allen will be ROY.

No real updates this week I suppose, assuming Austin was so far out of the picture before his explosion this past week.

Both Lacy and Bernard had OK games, Allen laid a bit of an egg.

Lacy in full on Beast Mode.

Gio had a Bye

Allen put up another good game.

Stacy is putting up numbers for the Rams.

If Geno wasn't out of the ROY race before, hes DOA now.

Allen could finish with 80 receptions for 1,100 yards and 6 TDs. Lacy might win it but running away with it is exaggeration.

Users who are viewing this thread