What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who is this year's DeMeco Ryans and Kerry Rhodes? (1 Viewer)

BLOX

Footballguy
Last year most of us IDPers knew that we should draft these guys and were able to wait until later in the drafts to get them.

I'm not sure who fits this bill this year. Am I missing something?

redrafts, as rookie drafts end up with runs that pretty much cause all of the Round 1-4 players getting picked.

However, since DJ Williams is everyone's pick here, and this is where all people end up if they look for IDP info, perhaps he'll go much higher.

In that case, I might go with Paul Posluzny.

However, since DJ Williams is everyone's pick here, and this is where all people end up if they look for IDP info, perhaps he'll go much higher.In that case, I might go with Paul Posluzny.
I hear you, DJ has landed in too nice of a situation to fly under anyones radar

Michael Okwo I think has the biggest chance assuming Briggs sits out. If not in 07 then Okwo in 08 should be a top 20 LB taking over the WLB in Chicago. I think Antoine Bethea could put up some big numbers this year as the SS for the Colts.

DenverBroncos said:
Michael Okwo I think has the biggest chance assuming Briggs sits out. If not in 07 then Okwo in 08 should be a top 20 LB taking over the WLB in Chicago. I think Antoine Bethea could put up some big numbers this year as the SS for the Colts.
If he gets the job. That's a lot of ifs(Briggs)."Lovie Smith went out of his way to praise the development of linebacker Jamar Williams, a fourth-round pick in 2006 who has been running with the first team in Briggs' absence. Smith also said safety Adam Archuleta is a better player than he was when Smith had him in St. Louis."I like McIntosh too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Roman Harper is definitely under the radar this year. He was impressive last season before he was injured.

If anything happens to Trotter (Cap casualty or injury) i'd go with Gaither as this years Ryans. For this years Rhodes I'll go with Jarrad Page and like Archie just said Roman Harper.

LB

Not an easy task to lead the NFL in solos (Ryans) ... Willis, Beason and Poz appear to have the best shot from the rook class.

If Chad Greenway is healthy and ready to rock he could put up some numbers (redraft)

DB

Ofcourse Laron Landry should be a beast ... whoever wins the starting LCB gig in Indy should be productive (Hayden, Hughes or whoever)

If anything happens to Trotter (Cap casualty or injury) i'd go with Gaither as this years Ryans. For this years Rhodes I'll go with Jarrad Page and like Archie just said Roman Harper.
Will Jarred Page be the better than Pollard - fantasywise - Page is the FS and Pollard the SS - if Pollard is playing closer to the box tacklewise he might be the bigger force and Page will have more opportunities for big plays. So.....?????? (incidentally I own both in one league and not sure who to keep and who to trade - or to keep both lol) sorry slight hijack

Will Jarred Page be the better than Pollard - fantasywise - Page is the FS and Pollard the SS - if Pollard is playing closer to the box tacklewise he might be the bigger force and Page will have more opportunities for big plays. So.....?????? (incidentally I own both in one league and not sure who to keep and who to trade - or to keep both lol) sorry slight hijack
I'm assuming that Pollard and Page will be used in a traditional SS/FS alignment, mostly because Pollard might struggle in deep coverage. Pollard is probably good enough to handle deep half coverage, though, especially if he doesn't have to keep up one-on-one in the Cover-2.The Jets were a mess at safety before 2005 under Herm Edwards so it's hard to draw too many conclusions, but both Erik Coleman and Kerry Rhodes were productive in 2005 despite playing behind Jonathan Vilma. If Edwards/Cunningham use the interchangeable safety system, both will probably have good value. Page has the big play capability to overcome any minor left-right safety bias.

It's between Eric Weddle, Reggie Nelson and (it's a little more difficult playing CB)Michael Griffin.

Roman Harper is definitely under the radar this year. He was impressive last season before he was injured.
Stole my guy. Harper will be money this year and he was cut in my dynasty league. I think Willis could approach DeMeco's numbers but the shift to the 3-4 probably poses a bit of a learning curve. I like Landry to make an immediate impact. I haven't really gotten a handle on what LBs are being overlooked this year, but I bet Peterson will be forgotten by some.

bethea put up 163.5 points in 13 games or 12.57/game....extrapolated out thats just 6.27total points less then what Rhodes scored last yr...bethea can be had very cheap compared to other DBs and as far as I know Bob Sanders is still an injury concern

I think Lawrence Timmons could end up stealing Willis' show.
So far, it doesn't sound real good for Timmons.

source PFW:

How much do the Steelers expect out of rookie LBs Lawrence Timmons and LaMarr Woodley in their first season? It’s a question that comes to mind after Timmons missed offseason workouts with a groin injury and Woodley was bothered by a hamstring injury. The way we hear it, Timmons could be hard-pressed to make much of an impact as a rookie, considering his role may be in flux. Timmons has the athleticism to play multiple LB positions in both 3-4 and 4-3 fronts, giving Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin and defensive coordinator **** LeBeau plenty of ways to use him. However, Timmons started for only one season at Florida State, and he faces a learning curve.

source PFW:

How much do the Steelers expect out of rookie LBs Lawrence Timmons and LaMarr Woodley in their first season? It’s a question that comes to mind after Timmons missed offseason workouts with a groin injury and Woodley was bothered by a hamstring injury. The way we hear it, Timmons could be hard-pressed to make much of an impact as a rookie, considering his role may be in flux. Timmons has the athleticism to play multiple LB positions in both 3-4 and 4-3 fronts, giving Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin and defensive coordinator **** LeBeau plenty of ways to use him. However, Timmons started for only one season at Florida State, and he faces a learning curve.
Other than Timmons' groin causing him to miss offseason workouts, that blurb is just pure speculation. I'm not saying he's a slam dunk bet to break out in year one, but nobody is really talking about the guy, so i just thought i would bring him up. He's flexible in that he can play inside or outside and he is a linebacker for Pittsburgh, so potential is already there and he's obviously talented. He'll be fun to watch in the preseason and see how fast he picks up the pro game.

source PFW:

Other than Timmons' groin causing him to miss offseason workouts, that blurb is just pure speculation. I'm not saying he's a slam dunk bet to break out in year one, but nobody is really talking about the guy, so i just thought i would bring him up. He's flexible in that he can play inside or outside and he is a linebacker for Pittsburgh, so potential is already there and he's obviously talented. He'll be fun to watch in the preseason and see how fast he picks up the pro game.
This early, speculation is all we have :P I think Timmons will be a player, but expect him to be slow outta the gates.

source PFW:

This early, speculation is all we have ;) I think Timmons will be a player, but expect him to be slow outta the gates.
:goodposting:

Users who are viewing this thread