What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who Is Your #1 Dynasty WR? (1 Viewer)

Who Is Your #1 Dynasty WR?

• Odell Beckham Jr.

Votes: 98 29.6%
  • Mike Evans

Votes: 23 6.9%
  • Dez Bryant

Votes: 62 18.7%
  • Julio Jones

Votes: 56 16.9%
  • A.J. Green

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Demaryius Thomas

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Antonio Brown

Votes: 48 14.5%
  • Other (please post who)

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Calvin Johnson

Votes: 15 4.5%

• Total voters

amicsta

Footballguy
I figured this would streamline some of the conversations happening in other threads. Very interested to see this discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is tough. Amazing C Johnson isn't in the convo anymore.

Went with Jones. Dez long term QB and personal issues scare me. AJ QB issues. ODB/Evans rookies so not a ton of data. DT in a contract standoff and will lose his HoF QB soon.

Antonio is intriguing long term but I like Ryan's long term prospects for ATL.

Went with Jones. Dez long term QB and personal issues scare me. AJ QB issues. ODB/Evans rookies so not a ton of data. DT in a contract standoff and will lose his HoF QB soon.

I know it's incredible. I was going to include him, but then I figured he would get no votes haha. Julio is a guy that I really like, even though I went with Odell. I'll be interested to see if they draft a Roddy replacement in this draft.

I know it's incredible. I was going to include him, but then I figured he would get no votes haha. Julio is a guy that I really like, even though I went with Odell. I'll be interested to see if they draft a Roddy replacement in this draft.
Why would you figure that? This poll is flawed until you include him. You should add him to the list before people really start voting.

Why would you figure that? This poll is flawed until you include him. You should add him to the list before people really start voting.
Ask and you shall receive, but I don't think people will vote for him.

I went with brown over OBJ for the reason you mention and brown isn't old. I suspect this will change next year - if beckham comes close to matching his performance for a full season, he'll be the top guy.

Went with AJ Green. May not have the cieling of the others, but between age and consistency, feel like he's got the lowest risk.

Went with AJ Green. May not have the cieling of the others, but between age and consistency, feel like he's got the lowest risk.
This is a great addition to this topic. I feel like it really outlines how differently people look at dynasty prospects. I would imagine that plenty of people made their choice because they have the most upside, others in the middle.

For me personally, I need to see another big year out of OBJ and Dez before I take them over the established group based on age. So right now, AB in PPR and Dez in standard. But the top 5 are very tightly bunched, and by about October, it will likely be a top tier of 7.

I'm surprised that Julio has pulled away from guys like Brown, Green, and Dez. Isn't this the same guy that (many) people were talking about benching in the Julio Jones thread during the season? Granted that was over the top but he went through a decent stretch last year where people were disappointed in him as their WR1 and that just seems to be completely forgotten, nevermind the ever looming risk of the foot flaring up again.

I'm surprised that Julio has pulled away from guys like Brown, Green, and Dez. Isn't this the same guy that (many) people were talking about benching in the Julio Jones thread during the season? Granted that was over the top but he went through a decent stretch last year where people were disappointed in him as their WR1 and that just seems to be completely forgotten, nevermind the ever looming risk of the foot flaring up again.
I think Julio does have a ton of upside though, especially with Roddy declining and Shanahan coming in, a coach who generally pounds his #1 WR. That's my quick take, but I'd be interested to hear more from those who picked Julio.

I have both Julio and OBJ and prefer OBJ. Don't get me wrong, I love Julio. But I am concerned about his foot, and the ATL offensive line was a borderline disaster last year. It hurt Julio's numbers for an extended period of time. Hopefully ATL corrects that issue this offseason.

Green is somewhat limited IMO by Dalton, and Demaryius is looking at his last year with Manning. Have to bump both down below the rest just based on situation.

I'd rank them like this:

1. OBJ

2. AB

3. Dez

4. Julio

5. AJ Green

6. Demaryius

7. Evans

For reasons of age, consistency & QB they play with, I have Antonio, Dez & Julio at the top.

Everyone else is below for me.

Lower risk than brown?

For me personally, I need to see another big year out of OBJ and Dez before I take them over the established group based on age. So right now, AB in PPR and Dez in standard. But the top 5 are very tightly bunched, and by about October, it will likely be a top tier of 7.
Presuming you mean evans, agreed.

I have Antonio. Best outlook at qb. he doesn't rely on speed. There's enough pieces on offense to where he isn't singled out. He has already proved to be the top wr for fantasy in a season. Not only that but he doesn't have an injury history.

I like Dez as the #1. I usually don't do rankings but he would be my choice. AB would be a close 2nd just because his is the epitome of consistency with super dynamic ability. I'd need to see more from OBJ to crown him the #1 right now.

Dez.

Among all the guys listed, I feel he has the best combination of proven production, PLUS a game that would transition easily from downfield target to red zone/possession dominator if he loses a step.

The obvious exception is probably Calvin, but I think the difference (if any) is more than made up for by Dez's relative youth.

In HyperActive 1 Dynasty I have 4 of those players (Julio Jones, ODB, A J Green, and Antonio Brown and would have had 5 (Dez) had I not give him away a few years ago :(

As a Calvin owner I select Beckham as the #1. QB will be an issue down the road however.

Calvin has been herminated by the new coaching staff and the suckage of Stafford.

This really was a challenge. In the end, I looked at the long term value of these players (in my various leagues) as of right now and went with Beckham. I agree with those who want to see more, I do too but still think Beckham is THE guy to own right now.

Edit to add: I do not own Beckham in any leagues

I voted Dez but I could happily accept arguments for 5-6 different guys.

Perhaps a more helpful poll would be to define the top tier of WR1s. Maybe allow each voter up to 10 votes from among a slate of 20-25 candidates.

Exactly what I thought and all the same reasons I had. :thumbup:

I voted Dez, but really its a 3 way tie for me between DT and Julio as well.

Dez and DT qb situations dont bother me too much since theyre tagged this year, next year it may not even be an issue. Julio gets that tiebreaker right now since his qb situation is stable. Theyre all similar type players. Dominant with the ball in their hand, physically ridiculous, and they win at the catch. Even if they lose their qbs, i believe they can still be dominant.

And evans is right on their tails

I voted Dez, but really its a 3 way tie for me between DT and Julio as well.

Dez and DT qb situations dont bother me too much since theyre tagged this year, next year it may not even be an issue. Julio gets that tiebreaker right now since his qb situation is stable. Theyre all similar type players. Dominant with the ball in their hand, physically ridiculous, and they win at the catch. Even if they lose their qbs, i believe they can still be dominant.

And evans is right on their tails
Not even a casual mention of Brown. You goofed.

It's awesome that all 7 have at least one vote while nobody has more than 3.
Honestly it's all just personal preference at this point as their are about 5-7 WRs right now that have a legitimate case for being ranked 1. We're splitting hairs when we rank them.

It's awesome that all 7 have at least one vote while nobody has more than 3.
Honestly it's all just personal preference at this point as their are about 5-7 WRs right now that have a legitimate case for being ranked 1. We're splitting hairs when we rank them.
I agree. Some pretty great WR talent in the league right now and I think this class is just gonna pile on.

Picked OB Wan 3. It feels like a gross over hyped pick since he hasn't even played a full season but if he is the next Randy Moss (HoFer of your choice) your team is set for a long time.

Odell followed by Brown, Dez and Jones. I'd really like to see Julio score more TDs to move up my list.

For me personally, I need to see another big year out of OBJ an Dez before I take them over the established group based on age. So right now, AB in PPR and Dez in standard. But the top 5 are very tightly bunched, and by about October, it will likely be a top tier of 7.
Ummm, who is more established than Dez on the list? Weird.

Glad I mentioned the idea of this list last night in the OBD/OBJ/sillyninnymuggins thread last night.

Maybe after a few hundred votes we do #2, then 3...................like the draft pick ones.

To me the clear choice is Brown. In our league, which is a PPR dynasty league, Brown out scored the number 2 guy by 60 points and the number 3 guy by 80 points. I think the problem most people have with admitting Brown is the best is he doesn't fit the mold of how everyone thinks the top guy should look. He's not 6'3/6'4 220 plus, he's a small quick guy that just happens to catch a ton of passes and has great run after the catch ability.

To me the clear choice is Brown. In our league, which is a PPR dynasty league, Brown out scored the number 2 guy by 60 points and the number 3 guy by 80 points. I think the problem most people have with admitting Brown is the best is he doesn't fit the mold of how everyone thinks the top guy should look. He's not 6'3/6'4 220 plus, he's a small quick guy that just happens to catch a ton of passes and has great run after the catch ability.
I cant fault someone for having him as their #1.

But I have a hard time ranking a WR #1 who I don't feel would put up stud numbers in 25 other situations in the NFL. I think guys like Dez and Julio would.

But like I said, I wont fault anyone for having him #1. His situation should be really good for a few years to come.

But I have a hard time ranking a WR #1 who I don't feel would put up stud numbers in 25 other situations in the NFL. I think guys like Dez and Julio would.

But like I said, I wont fault anyone for having him #1. His situation should be really good for a few years to come.
I see what you mean and I definitely get that, he may not be a top 10 guy on half the other teams in the league, but just judging everyone by their current situation and just in FF terms, he's the best right now.

I see what you mean and I definitely get that, he may not be a top 10 guy on half the other teams in the league, but just judging everyone by their current situation and just in FF terms, he's the best right now.
Right, which probably put him at the top of my redraft ranks.

Picked OB Wan 3. It feels like a gross over hyped pick since he hasn't even played a full season but if he is the next Randy Moss (HoFer of your choice) your team is set for a long time.
this is what I don't get. There are guys that haven proven themselves over multiple seasons. But to rank obj #1 is absurd in my mind. If you had any Antonio or Dez, you would trade them straight up for obj right now? I wouldn't but that's just my opinion

Mine is still Antonio Brown. I get the OBJ sentiment due to his incredible rookie season and youth and if his 2015 comes anywhere near what he did over the 2nd half of 2014, he'll be the top guy at this time next year. But Brown has now dominated for two years in a row. Big Ben has already signed an extension. There's some contract drama with Brown but he's not going anywhere anytime soon and is under contract through the end of 2017. Over the next four or five years, I think you just plug Brown in as a top 5 WR (with a shot at #1) every single season.

I own Brown, Thomas, and Calvin in one league, and I would trade any one of them straight up for Beckham. Voted Beckham.

Users who are viewing this thread