What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who was your first ever (1 Viewer)

wade wilson. at the time i was a viking fan. was.but i was also a redskin fan and got rypein,clark,monk. also had thurman thomas...good year.

1997talk about jumping into the fire, my first league was a 30 teamer and I had the 16th pickI took Antonio freemanended up withElway (who was the 2nd to last startingqb takenAntwain Smith his rookie yearfreemanand thats all I rememberFavre went 1st (some guy traded upto #1 every year to get himEmmitt smith went #2Terrell Davis went 3rd,

1997 - Brett Favre - helped me to a 13-1 overall record (which still stands as a league record)Since it was a redraft league, I drafted Brett Favre again after Terrell Davis was drafted, and went like 10-4 or 11-3 overall and lost in the championship game..AGAIN! :rant:

Dan Fouts, 1981.Air Coryell was so much fun to watch.
Same year, same player.6 points a TD, 3 a FG, add'em all up when the year is done.Finished 5th out of 6, and cried when somebody else drafted Billy Sims. :thumbup:In retrospect, Lynn Swann in the 2nd was not a great choice. Sue me. I was like eight.

I think it was 93--Barry Sanders. My wife ws a rabid Detroit fan, and actually was a fantasy football fan until the year I traded him away!

Dan Fouts, 1981.Air Coryell was so much fun to watch.
In 1981 I was a junior in H.S. and ... I guess you know this already ... a fair number of the folks that post on this Board probably weren't even born yet!!! :P
I was 21 in my first fantasy season and 45 now. That's a lot of drafts over the years. So how come I'm not the smartest guy on this board and still blow so many picks?!
Don't worry Bruce, the Bengals have been asking themselves that question for years!

Cliff is the uncle by marriage of my wife's best friend. I still haven't had the chance to meet him yet. He's probably dodging me cause he know's I'm going to cold clock him because I took Randal Cunningham with my 1st round pick in '91 (19 yards later, he blows his knee out). I still have that book with Cunningham on the cover, and one of my league mates took it, drew on it so Randal was saying "ouch."Good times. Good times.
I still have that book at my parents house, boxed up in their basement! Eventhough I never started playing fantasy football until college, I remember getting those books thru High School thinking it'd be cool to get a league going (went to a VERY small high school and no one was interested).Ahhhhh, those were the days.

1997, pick#4, Barry sanders (2000+yds and 11tds).Lost the superbowl that year as a rookie, and didnt go back to the championship game until this year -- and I lost THAT, too :thumbdown:

1994-Marshall FaulkI've had him every year since. We are an auction format now, and he is my Franchise Player so he is untouchable by other owners. He'll be on my team until he retires, although my future franchise Kevin Jones is on his way!

warren moon in 1992...bottom of 1st round in 8 team league of first timers. took rice on the turn, immediately traded them for 1st overall pick emmitt smith...won league.it took a couple failures to really learn the high QB rule, but i finally did.
Around the same time I was a fan of the run-n-shoot, and picked Ernest Givins coming off his 10 TD year. Didn't go so well. :thumbdown:

1987. I took Eric Dickerson. He had 1800 yards+ the year before and was THE stud runningback as his 2105 year was only 2 years prior. He had a decent year for me...but only scored like 6 or 7 TD's all year. Not the player I thought I had drafted. Although, it is still better than the year I drafted Dalton Hilliard in the first round. He had 18 or 19 TD's and close to 2000 total yards the year before. Then, he hopped onto my team and slapped me with an injury and 1 TD the whole year.
I remember having him my first year too, but I think it was 88 or 89 for me. I bet I drafted Rice first overall. I know the first year I played was the year D. Hilliard broke on the scene, because I traded basically nothing for him and he led me to the Championship.I also remember my worst year ever in 90 I think--finished 3-11. Chris Evert was either my first or second pick and it was the year he went in the tank.

I think it was '93. Went with Barry Sanders in round one. Used the strategy that I still use to some extent today, RBs early, QBs that benefit from a system late, which back then meant drafting Warren Moon or Bobby Hebert (in this case, Hebert) in the later rounds. Gotta love reminiscing about the run and shoot and red gun offenses in a FF context!
I picked Barry and later took Curtis Martin during his huge rookie season. He's known as a yardage guy now, but people forget Curtis averaged a TD a game for his first two seasons. Wow. Reminder to upgrade Parcells' RB...

Icky Woods 1989, the year after he scored 15 TDs we started our league. Woods blew his knee out in the second game of the year! :cX:

Jim Everett in 1989. I also had Barry Sanders (rookie year), Herschel Walker (the year he was traded to Minny), Tim Brown (who broke his leg in the 1st game, IIRC), Flipper Anderson (who set a record for receiving yds in a Monday Night game - and had 0 TDs), Pete Houlihan (who was kinda like Jay Novacek for the Rams), and some others I can't remember.

1998 - Eddie George (I think)Antonio Freeman was my best player that year, and since I was a rookie it's certainly possible that I took him in round 1, but I think it was George. It was a list draft (stupid sandbox)1999, Fragile Fred was my first true draft pick.

1997 Terrell Davis at 8th overall. I won the championship my rookie year. Pure luck, but I'll take it.

Terrell Davis RB Den. I was a new team in a 1-player keeper league in 97 and went with Davis and never looked back...

Users who are viewing this thread