What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who will be Andrew Luck's #1 WR in 2014? (1 Viewer)

Rogers needs to show much more to be marked into the starting lineup with a Sharpie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Talk to some around here and Rogers is the second coming of Jerry Rice :rolleyes:

I believe Wayne is done after this year for his contract? Maybe not, I thought he was...

Indy will likely sign a vet WR like Decker, Sanders or James Jones. They should. No one on that team is ready to step up NOW and be a true cut #1. Hilton is a good #2, Rogers is a great slot WR. They are missing a stud WR. Demarius Thomas was a FA I thought too? They need a big body like that.

IMO, they get someone else and go at it with him, Hilton, Rogers as their top 3. Could be a very solid group.
Rogers 6'3'' 220

Thomas 6'3'' 229
:lmao:
Not sure how much of a poke that is at me... If you look above I say specifically, size isn't everything, intangibles play a big factor. DHB was my reference as he is identical to Rogers almost. Your reference to Thomas actually makes my point quite well, there are intangibles that could take him one away or the other. Guess I misspoke about the size, but that really isn't the issue, the issue is what's between the earsMr fitz likes to police these forums, but he doesn't read the posts before he makes his own...

Im not touching Rogers with a 10 foot pole. I will let someone else waste a roster spot on this headcase. After being burned by Mike Vick, Chris Henry, Justin Blackmon and a slew of other miscreants that were 'bargains', I have a No-Knucklehead Policy. I might miss out on the Josh Gordon's but I also don't get caught with my hand in the cookie jar on guys like Blackmon (or Gordon when he messes up again).

Im not touching Rogers with a 10 foot pole. I will let someone else waste a roster spot on this headcase. After being burned by Mike Vick, Chris Henry, Justin Blackmon and a slew of other miscreants that were 'bargains', I have a No-Knucklehead Policy. I might miss out on the Josh Gordon's but I also don't get caught with my hand in the cookie jar on guys like Blackmon (or Gordon when he messes up again).
This could be a long list.....

Dez Bryant, Josh Gordon, Brandon Marshall, Desean Jackson etc. Where do you draw the line?

Yeah, Rogers is much more Dez/Desean than Blackmon/Gordon.

The risk mostly lies in him being an immature #######, as far we know, not doing drugs and getting suspended/arrested. And the immature #######s usually do just fine as long as they play well.

Sure. I agree that buying Rogers now, when he's starting to justify some of the "hype" that led to an UDFA being owned in nearly every dynasty league despite being a headcase and on his second NFL team, probably isn't a great idea.

That's why the trick was to get him when he was basically free, with no risk.

Dez Bryant, Josh Gordon, Brandon Marshall, Desean Jackson etc. Where do you draw the line?
This is a good point. In cases like this I do not foolishly draft Kevin Dyson over Randy Moss, but I always try to trade high on these guys. I moved Marshall and a 1st for Calvin back in 2008. I never had a chance at Dez, but there is no way Im trading for him, and I will never have him ranked as highly as a class act like Julio or even Jordy Nelson . Say someone offered me Dez for a future 2nd Rounder, I am not stupid enough to pass on that trade, but I would immediately look for high-integrity guy I could move Dez for.

This is a good point. In cases like this I do not foolishly draft Kevin Dyson over Randy Moss, but I always try to trade high on these guys. I moved Marshall and a 1st for Calvin back in 2008. I never had a chance at Dez, but there is no way Im trading for him, and I will never have him ranked as highly as a class act like Julio or even Jordy Nelson . Say someone offered me Dez for a future 2nd Rounder, I am not stupid enough to pass on that trade, but I would immediately look for high-integrity guy I could move Dez for.
So I guess you would never own Randy Moss, TO, or Chris Carter???????? You are def missing out on talent/value. It's all about getting them for the right price. You just have to price the risk correctly and it doesn't matter if they bust on you.

Case in point. I picked Da'Rick up off the WW last week. If he busts what have I lost? His ceiling, playing with Luck, is like top ten pick in a dynasty start-up. He has a long way to go to prove that and it's unlikely he hit's that ceiling but with him being lucky enough to walk into Luck throwing him the ball.........he's got a shot.

So I guess you would never own Randy Moss, TO, or Chris Carter???????? You are def missing out on talent/value. It's all about getting them for the right price. You just have to price the risk correctly and it doesn't matter if they bust on you.

Case in point. I picked Da'Rick up off the WW last week. If he busts what have I lost? His ceiling, playing with Luck, is like top ten pick in a dynasty start-up. He has a long way to go to prove that and it's unlikely he hit's that ceiling but with him being lucky enough to walk into Luck throwing him the ball.........he's got a shot.
No, I would prefer to not take the risk. For every Moss, TO, or Cris Carter there are many more Kenny Britts, Charles Rogers's, R Jay Soward's, and so on.

In regard to the question, "What have I lost". You have lost a roster spot by sitting on headcase for however long it takes you to cut him.

I can't think of a better use for my last roster spot then a high ceiling/low cost WR like Da'Rick Rogers. So I guess I'll take the headache.

Demaryius Thomas wasn't great until he was. The same can be said for Rogers.

Why hate on someone? Maybe he has turned a corner? Until he gives you a reason to avoid him, he should be given the benefit of the doubt IMO.

Why hate on someone? Maybe he has turned a corner? Until he gives you a reason to avoid him, he should be given the benefit of the doubt IMO.
I don't hate Rogers but the hype after one game, really one play, are a bit out of hand. He ran through an abysmal Cinci D and scored a long TD. Great play but Brazil did the same thing. He also ran incomplete routes, struggled at the LOS and dropped and easy pass. He's got a long way to go.

Im not hating on the guy. Im not rooting for anyone to fail. I hope he turns his life around. That said, based on previous experiences, I don't feel comfortable taking the risk for my fantasy team.

I don't know why someone in dynasty wouldn't have him on their team. Unless you don't have deep benches. The guy has unlimited potential and his floor is to drop for a new rookie.

I'd be surprised if he was on the WW in dynasty

Everyone has value. Even if you dont like a guy, why not snag him and pawn him off. Easily fetch a second rounder

Im not hating on the guy. Im not rooting for anyone to fail. I hope he turns his life around. That said, based on previous experiences, I don't feel comfortable taking the risk for my fantasy team.
Bad for your locker room?

Bad influence on other players, but if you have some vet leadership like Boldin or Peyton manning maybe they can take the kid under their wing

Bad influence on other players, but if you have some vet leadership like Boldin or Peyton manning maybe they can take the kid under their wing
I've got Calvin Johnson working with him daily. No worries.

Everyone has value. Even if you dont like a guy, why not snag him and pawn him off. Easily fetch a second rounder
I doubt anyone in my league would give up a 2nd for Rogers right now. I like my No-Knucklehead Policy, and don't plan on changing it, especially after I made an exception for Blackmon and got burned again. Maybe once you've been burned as many times as I have you will join me in not wasting roster spots on headcases. Especially UDFA, cut by their first team, headcases.

I've got Calvin Johnson working with him daily. No worries.
Championship

I doubt anyone in my league would give up a 2nd for Rogers right now. I like my No-Knucklehead Policy, and don't plan on changing it, especially after I made an exception for Blackmon and got burned again. Maybe once you've been burned as many times as I have you will join me in not wasting roster spots on headcases. Especially UDFA, cut by their first team, headcases.
I respect that. I have my own rules. I just don't see why not.Even with Blackmon, his stock was huge at some point this season. You could have sold him then as part of your no knucklehead policy and made out huge.

At the very least, Rogers has trade value eventually.

If one day you could trade Rogers and a 1st round pick for the #1rb in your league, isn't it worth the flier? Not saying he will ever be that valuable, but it's a ceiling.

Worst case, cut him

Roster spots I tell you!

I respect that. I have my own rules. I just don't see why not.Even with Blackmon, his stock was huge at some point this season. You could have sold him then as part of your no knucklehead policy and made out huge.

If one day you could trade Rogers and a 1st round pick for the #1rb in your league, isn't it worth the flier? Not saying he will ever be that valuable, but it's a ceiling.

Worst case, cut him
I did mention earlier how I would not pass on Dez for a 2nd rounder, because I could then move Dez for a guy like Jordy Nelson. So, I get your point. The problem for this strategy is that you rarely trade a guy before the proverbial poo hits the fan, and when it does your usually left pissing in the wind. You're right, I should have stuck to my guns and sold high on Blackmon, but by then it was a lot easier for me to rationalize, "Maybe he's turned it around", "It's only alcohol" etc. Never again!

Again, worst case is not 'cut him'. Worst case is waste a roster spot for 2+ years waiting on potential that is never realized.

Marquise Lee
I don't think Lee will make it out of the 1st round. By the time the Colts pick, best WR on the board will probably be someone like Odell Beckham.
Good call. I think he would be a great fit if he falls that far.
I think that outside the top 3 guys (Watkins, Evans, Lee), there will be a lot of movement in the WR rankings from now until the draft. If they end up declaring for the draft, I really like Donte Moncrief and Davante Adams...but I think they're both guys that will shoot up draft boards after the combine. Might be out of reach for the Colts come May.

You need to dig deeper. Blackmon was big trouble and has never learned. The guy was stupid outta the gate. Rogers was totally clean his last year in college. Buffalo got on his #### about little things. They did that right. They failed miserably by keeping ham and egger WRs over this guy. Am I glad? Hell yeah, I said on page 1 that my preferred spot was Indy. What type of organization thinks the guy is not even worth a PS spot???? A loser organization.

Buffalo has lacked talent evaluators for over a decade.

Vick....never had an interest in that guy from the word go. Same goes for guys like Kenny Britt. You want dumb as a box of rocks, I give you the late Chris Henry. No thanks form the word go.

I read as much as I can about guys like this before I move on them and this guy knows he has one shot and one shot only. Picked him 11th out of 14 in dynasty.

Shanahanigans said:
Dr. Brew said:
Shanahanigans said:
domvin said:

Worst case, cut him
I did mention earlier how I would not pass on Dez for a 2nd rounder, because I could then move Dez for a guy like Jordy Nelson. So, I get your point. The problem for this strategy is that you rarely trade a guy before the proverbial poo hits the fan, and when it does your usually left pissing in the wind. You're right, I should have stuck to my guns and sold high on Blackmon, but by then it was a lot easier for me to rationalize, "Maybe he's turned it around", "It's only alcohol" etc. Never again!

Again, worst case is not 'cut him'. Worst case is waste a roster spot for 2+ years waiting on potential that is never realized.
You got burned on Blackmon. Where he went,and where you took him-a top 5 rookie pick, sure, that would cause some venom. As Bodhi would say-"it's like acid in your mouth." http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvves2p6sa1qzzh6g.jpg&imgrefurl=http://brightwalldarkroom.com/post/13927660211/keanu-reeves-week-point-break-1991&h=250&w=500&sz=15&tbnid=P9D3C_5afpFJEM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=180&zoom=1&usg=__-Y6sguu2mrM8zTRZypzX9uzQup0=&docid=djuIdCBbS8GU1M&sa=X&ei=NWinUoB-yL2tAZGMgIgH&ved=0CEgQ9QEwBA

But Rogers is a freebie. a stash on the end of the roster that costs some BB's. Maybe Rogers goes off the deep end. Smokes and tokes again, what did it cost you? a few BBs?

Your knucklehead policy is fine, but you should look at it like a commodity. Pick up a player when it's cheap but solid value and pawn him off. If he's balling and a top 15 wr you're gonna kick yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread