What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who Will Be the Week 4 Waiver Wire Darling? (1 Viewer)

ScottyDog

Footballguy
So who do you feel will be the waiver wire darling next week? I am low on money for my blind bidding so I need to pick the guy up now before the Sunday games start. I honestly have no idea who it will be, last week I guessed right on D. Nelson and D. Moore, this week I am stumped. I am looking for a RB like how I found Hillis last year.

Andre Caldwell has a chance with the issues in Cindy. Also, I am thinking that a second tier wr (maybe Cecil Shorts) will be a hot pickup with Gabbert starting. Backup receivers regularly have a good games with new quarterbacks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Andre Caldwell has a chance with the issues in Cindy. Also, I am thinking that a second tier wr (maybe Cecil Shorts) will be a hot pickup with Gabbert starting. Backup receivers regularly have a good games with new quarterbacks,
i like Caldwell . . .

even though he was added-to a degree-this week, Dexter will be a HOT pickup after this weekend.
Every single league I'm in either had him rostered before this week or an owner bid a ton to get him in the last waiver period.(75% and 90% in my two leagues)

even though he was added-to a degree-this week, Dexter will be a HOT pickup after this weekend.
I agree...I picked him up a week ago because he's a WR (leagues that have him listed as a RB takes away his value, I believe) who will touch the ball 10-12 times a game (that was before Charles went down with a season ending injury). I like him even more since he will get 12-15 (or more) touches per game now...

Dexter McCluster

Bernard Scott

Roy Helu(if he already hasn't been picked up.I got him this week.)

Isaac Redman-(still Mendy's job but he starts to score)

Titus Young-keep an eye on this guy as the season progresses. If Stafford's hot this guy could be a big benefactor)

Tony Scheffler-(If Pettigrews shoulder keeps bothering him Scheffler could excel in Detroits new found offensive juggernaut. He has 2 td's in 2 weeks.)

Not mentioned and a little deeper but Dane Sanzenbacher might pick up some steam if Cutler can stay upright long enough to get the ball to a WR.

some possibilities:

Greg Little

Andre Caldwell

Bernard Scott

Michael Crabtree (has been dropped in many leagues)

Jared Cook (has been dropped in many leagues & could be prime for a breakout against Denver)

Isaac Redman

Justin Forsett (terrible situation, but may get a shot this week if Lynch continues to struggle)

If I knew the answer to questions like this I would have a lot better job than I have now.

I like Donald Jones to break out as an off-the-radar guy. They seem to really like him there, and comments from Chan Gailey this week point to him getting more involved. (Also made some big plays down the stretch last week).

The Bills will be passing all day to keep up with Brady...don't sleep on Jones.

So who do you feel will be the waiver wire darling next week? I am low on money for my blind bidding so I need to pick the guy up now before the Sunday games start. I honestly have no idea who it will be, last week I guessed right on D. Nelson and D. Moore, this week I am stumped. I am looking for a RB like how I found Hillis last year.
Everyone knows that Felix Jones is nursing a seperated shoulder even Deangelo Williams who has openly stated that he is going to target Felix's shoulder injury.Felix hasn't shown that he could handle a big chunk of offensive production in the past.This year the plan was to give him tons of touches but he wasn't able to make it past a game and a half before he got injured.The Boys moved up to draft a RB who they had a first round grage on, Demarco Murray.Murray, like all rookies, missed mini camps and any off-season work. He came in and got injured and missed all training camp, he missed the first two preseason games. He simply can't be as up on the offense at this point in time to be a threat to take huge chunks of touches but I think he will gradually get more touches and show ability.You asked who is going to be a darling THIS WEEK. I can't say Murray will bea darling THIS WEEK but I think that this is the time to pick him up before the train starts rolling.

How can a running back target another running backs injury?

Everyone knows that Felix Jones is nursing a seperated shoulder even Deangelo Williams who has openly stated that he is going to target Felix's shoulder injury.Felix hasn't shown that he could handle a big chunk of offensive production in the past.This year the plan was to give him tons of touches but he wasn't able to make it past a game and a half before he got injured.The Boys moved up to draft a RB who they had a first round grage on, Demarco Murray.Murray, like all rookies, missed mini camps and any off-season work. He came in and got injured and missed all training camp, he missed the first two preseason games. He simply can't be as up on the offense at this point in time to be a threat to take huge chunks of touches but I think he will gradually get more touches and show ability.You asked who is going to be a darling THIS WEEK. I can't say Murray will bea darling THIS WEEK but I think that this is the time to pick him up before the train starts rolling.

Everyone knows that Felix Jones is nursing a seperated shoulder even Deangelo Williams who has openly stated that he is going to target Felix's shoulder injury.Felix hasn't shown that he could handle a big chunk of offensive production in the past.

This year the plan was to give him tons of touches but he wasn't able to make it past a game and a half before he got injured.

The Boys moved up to draft a RB who they had a first round grage on, Demarco Murray.

Murray, like all rookies, missed mini camps and any off-season work. He came in and got injured and missed all training camp, he missed the first two preseason games. He simply can't be as up on the offense at this point in time to be a threat to take huge chunks of touches but I think he will gradually get more touches and show ability.

You asked who is going to be a darling THIS WEEK. I can't say Murray will bea darling THIS WEEK but I think that this is the time to pick him up before the train starts rolling.
I made a mistake. Get ready, I'm about to post again.

Maybe you can spot a mistake and point it out.

My link

George: Confidence in DeMarco Murray 'grows by the week'

Published: 22 September 2011 07:49 PM

... Comment From Anthony ... Is DeMarco Murray going to get the bulk of the carries? Won't that be a huge factor in this game?

Brandon George (Twitter: @dmn_george): I believe you'll see more of Murray in this game than you've seen of him all season. Murray will likely return kickoffs now, too, since the Cowboys cut Bryan McCann. Murray had a good series to end the fourth quarter Sunday.

Comment From Guest ... How confident are the coaches on running back Murray if Jones cant go and Choice doesn't produce?

Brandon George (Twitter: @dmn_george): The Cowboys' confidence in Murray grows by the week. They really like his upside. He still hasn't done very much in the run game, however, and will need to show more. RBs coach Skip Peete told me last week the Cowboys are trying to work Murray in slowly on third downs and right now are going with Choice in that role.

===============================

I think if you want to get ahead of the curve in picking up players on the wire that this is the week to make a pre-emptive move to acquire Murray.

It's probably still a few weeks away but Ridley got a couple of carries last week...this kid looks good and he's going to be a factor before the season is over...

I'm almost positive I'm the only guy who likes Jerious Norwood this week if Caddy and Jackson are sidelined.

Unfortunately, I wonder if Dexter can hold up. I suspect he will get injured and McLain will then be the Chiefs waiver wire back to get. As a Charles owner in dynasty, I am picking him up and divesting of my WR7.

Montario Hardesty
Good pick...It's only a matter of time until he starts eating into Albino Rhino's touches. Hillis is good, but he is not as effective when he gets 25-30 touches per game. If Hardesty continues to stay healthy, I think he will be looking at 7-12 touches per game to spell Hillis. And he could put up some nice numbers if Hillis were to get injured.

Everyone knows that Felix Jones is nursing a seperated shoulder even Deangelo Williams who has openly stated that he is going to target Felix's shoulder injury.Felix hasn't shown that he could handle a big chunk of offensive production in the past.

This year the plan was to give him tons of touches but he wasn't able to make it past a game and a half before he got injured.

The Boys moved up to draft a RB who they had a first round grage on, Demarco Murray.

Murray, like all rookies, missed mini camps and any off-season work. He came in and got injured and missed all training camp, he missed the first two preseason games. He simply can't be as up on the offense at this point in time to be a threat to take huge chunks of touches but I think he will gradually get more touches and show ability.

You asked who is going to be a darling THIS WEEK. I can't say Murray will bea darling THIS WEEK but I think that this is the time to pick him up before the train starts rolling.
I made a mistake. Get ready, I'm about to post again.

Maybe you can spot a mistake and point it out.

My link

George: Confidence in DeMarco Murray 'grows by the week'

Published: 22 September 2011 07:49 PM

... Comment From Anthony ... Is DeMarco Murray going to get the bulk of the carries? Won't that be a huge factor in this game?

Brandon George (Twitter: @dmn_george): I believe you'll see more of Murray in this game than you've seen of him all season. Murray will likely return kickoffs now, too, since the Cowboys cut Bryan McCann. Murray had a good series to end the fourth quarter Sunday.

Comment From Guest ... How confident are the coaches on running back Murray if Jones cant go and Choice doesn't produce?

Brandon George (Twitter: @dmn_george): The Cowboys' confidence in Murray grows by the week. They really like his upside. He still hasn't done very much in the run game, however, and will need to show more. RBs coach Skip Peete told me last week the Cowboys are trying to work Murray in slowly on third downs and right now are going with Choice in that role.

===============================

I think if you want to get ahead of the curve in picking up players on the wire that this is the week to make a pre-emptive move to acquire Murray.
Dallas Homer here who has watched every snap of the pre-season and now regular season, and I can say with confidence that the RB talent is not the issue. The OL is just VERY young and they're just not opening holes for anyone. Granted they've played 2 solid run defenses thus far, but they just aren't very good. I would be surprised (pleasantly) if any of the RBs get on track this season for Da Boys. So dynasty, yeah I'd say there's a chance Murray ends up being the one to own. Re-draft, I wouldn't hold your breath.Is no one talking about Brandon LaFell here because he's already been rostered, or because people think the upside just isn't there? Honestly, I think he could really put up some strong numbers this year as teams roll more and more coverage over to Smith. Add that to a team obviously committed to airing it out, and I'd say there's potential.

some possibilities:Greg LittleAndre CaldwellBernard ScottMichael Crabtree (has been dropped in many leagues)Jared Cook (has been dropped in many leagues & could be prime for a breakout against Denver)Isaac RedmanJustin Forsett (terrible situation, but may get a shot this week if Lynch continues to struggle)
I think Isaac Redman has the most upside by far on that list...obviously something would have to happen to Mendenhall for him to get enough touches to put him into your starting lineup.

Why do you do this?

Quick!!! Name a Chicago Bear WR you would start on your team.............I can't think of one.

Not mentioned and a little deeper but Dane Sanzenbacher might pick up some steam if Cutler can stay upright long enough to get the ball to a WR.
he's good... but with Martz, I dont think any Bears receiver will ever be fantasy relevant.
Huh ????
Instead of this.

Montario Hardesty
Good pick...It's only a matter of time until he starts eating into Albino Rhino's touches. Hillis is good, but he is not as effective when he gets 25-30 touches per game. If Hardesty continues to stay healthy, I think he will be looking at 7-12 touches per game to spell Hillis. And he could put up some nice numbers if Hillis were to get injured.
Hillis has Strep throat and a fever. He may be able to manage the strep throat issue but if he continues to have a fever and tries to play that could be really dangerous and life-threatening. They should just sit him and give Montario the gig Sunday. I'm sure Hardesty's rostered a fair amount as Hillis' handcuff and future speculation, especially in dynasty. Quite possible he's on the WW in redraft. Hillis has done pretty good so far this year and Hardesty has barely touched the ball. Good chance he could get the majority of carries this week but soon as Hillis is healthy it'll business as usual. He's worth a roster spot hold in redraft with 20 or more players per team but otherwise I wouldn't pick him up in redraft at this point. I'd pick up Isaac Redman before I'd take Hardesty. We knoe Redman's gonna get some touches and can do something with them.

Users who are viewing this thread