What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who will be this year's Keenen Allen? (2 Viewers)

Allen Robinson?
Based on what?
Fits the mold of a true #1 WR more than any other player on the team, the possibility that the Jags (already on the right track, IMO), could receive an offensive boost when Bortles takes over, and thgat he's pretty much an unknown as a pro. Who knows, maybe he would have had a huge preseason if he hadn't been banged up.

He might be nothing, I'm not banging the drum or anything, but he's young, big, and has a pretty clear path to the #1 role.

Allen Robinson?
Based on what?
Fits the mold of a true #1 WR more than any other player on the team, the possibility that the Jags (already on the right track, IMO), could receive an offensive boost when Bortles takes over, and thgat he's pretty much an unknown as a pro. Who knows, maybe he would have had a huge preseason if he hadn't been banged up.

He might be nothing, I'm not banging the drum or anything, but he's young, big, and has a pretty clear path to the #1 role.
Gotcha. I do agree with all that. He's a big kid but he has to be behind the other rooks just based on reps alone. I totally agree on Bortles being a potential boon.

Odell Beckham Jr.
So far he fits the bill for not seeing the field much to start the season :cool:

To be serious if/when he comes back healthy it looks like the G-men are desperate for a WR to step up and he has the talent, so maybe not so far-fetched.

Davante Adams is a dark horse IMO.

I like Quick too.
Love Adams, but the beauty of Allen last year is he slotted right into the #1 spot in SD. It's extremely rare and it's a situation that's going to be very hard to replicate. Situation wise, I think Adams's is more akin to Terrence Williams.

But yes, Quick firs the bill.

I like Quick too.
Love Adams, but the beauty of Allen last year is he slotted right into the #1 spot in SD. It's extremely rare and it's a situation that's going to be very hard to replicate. Situation wise, I think Adams's is more akin to Terrence Williams.

I don't think you need to be the #1 guy in GB to put up Allen like numbers in that offense, but you're right... Would probably take an injury.

If Quick is the guy, why does Roto only call him a WR4? Should he be considered more of a low-end WR2 at the moment? Does the QB situation have any bearing on his production going forward?

If Quick is the guy, why does Roto only call him a WR4? Should he be considered more of a low-end WR2 at the moment? Does the QB situation have any bearing on his production going forward?
Fantasy football rule #1: only read Rotoworld for their news updates. Ignore their analysis.

Fantasy football rule #1: only read Rotoworld for their news updates. Ignore their analysis.
Never, ever take what the analysis says seriously unless it is sourced. For example, if the analysis stems from a team's best beat reporter, and then Rotoworld comments, take that seriously. But do not take simple, unsourced analysis seriously. You'll get absolutely burned if you do. Back when Seattle got off to an 0-2 start in '11 or '12 (I forget which year) they were telling people to drop Marshawn Lynch. Lynch went on to be a top ten RB that year and won many people fantasy championships if you drafted him.

If Quick has one big game, Rotoworld will call him locked-in WR1 for the rest of the season. Until he has a bad game, when they'll act like they never said it in the first place.

I've hung my hat on Davanta Adams. I can't give you a good reason. I just like that he on a high powered offense where No 3 receiver is still very relevant. He is getting targeted a nice amount and has made plays that counted.

How about Marcus Wheaton? Seems like there is a chance for him to really shine. I still stick by Quick though.

SameSongNDance said:
werdnoynek said:

I like Quick too.

So why isn't the answer Benjamin? Because he's not below the radar like Allen who was only slightly drafted last year? Offense not dynamic enough? Numbers not good enough?

Last edited by a moderator:
Allen Robinson?
Based on what?

Really good posting. Drafted same time as Marquise.

Other 3 WRs have injuries of varying degrees this week. I think real potential we see Robinson on top of next week waiver wire lists.

He's free today. Add if any room.

SameSongNDance said:
werdnoynek said:

I like Quick too.

So why isn't the answer Benjamin? Because he's not below the radar like Allen who was only slightly drafted last year? Offense not dynamic enough? Numbers not good enough?
Because he was drafted during the preseason. ;) Keenan Allen saved my season last year, getting him for 3.5% of my FAAB budget right after Julio went down. I assumed the Keenan Allen of this year would have to be the same type of under the radar WW pick-up that makes big waves. Maybe I should have read the OP haha.

Edit: Just read the OP and it literally addresses exactly this. :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Adams. If Cobb or Nelson goes down I think he lights it up. I also think Odell Beckham could be slept on.
I kinda like Adams period. Both Cobb and Nelson require a teams attention.

But Beckham could be the sleeping lion! Coach is gonna be yelling wakey wakey soon..

I'm gonna go on record with Davonte Adams.

He looked good in week 2 and is about to pass Boykin for the 3rd we spot. Adams should become an every down player starting on the outside opposite Nelson in James jones' old role.

Except the difference is they have no tight end to throw to. Adams is playing with arguably the best qb in the league on a high powered offense and has a bad defense ensuring many shootout a. He will always see the opposing teams 2nd cornerback and will always see single coverage.

Rt now Nelson is dominating targets but as teams scheme to take him out of the game I think Adams is going to have some monster games.

In fact, my team was devastated by Rb injuries so my flex spot is a question mark rt now. I had kelce in there but yesterday I picked up Adams and I'm starting him against Detroit in what looks to be a shootout.

I think week 3 could be his coming out party.

Users who are viewing this thread