What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why not Breaston? (1 Viewer)

[scooter]

Footballguy
The guy is the #17 WR in my league, and he's going up against the #29 fantasy defense vs. WRs. Doesn't that make him a slam-dunk start??

starting him over Randy and Calvin..... bowe and Wayne are my other starters.. breaston is good, and will only get better once AZ has to deal with Boldin

I'm playing him today too. I have Warner also, and need a ton of points, so I'm hoping for those two to go nuts.

29th seems low. I started Welker, Evans, and Jamal Lewis in the flex over him in one league because those guys are guarenteed looks - but Breaston should be an auto-start in deeper leagues. Definitely top 25.

Every week I see him sitting atop the list of Free Agent WRs. Every week he's the ONLY Free Agent among the top-30 WRs in my league. But I never grab him. No one does.

Well, this week I'm taking a flyer and benching Vincent Jackson for him. What the hell.

I've liked Breaston for awhile now, he was one of the sleepers I was lucky enough to pick up last year and in the contest. He shouldn't be on the ww in any league, and should start for most teams.

Don't understand why Arizona has to deal with Boldin. Doesn't he still have two years left on his contract?
Because he is the best and toughest WR in the league.
So. He's under contract until 2010. Cards don't have to do anything unless they want to.
OK. I understand your point now. You're right. But the Cards "promised" him they would redo his contract this past offseason and they did not get it done. So there is a lot of bad blood there now between management and Boldin. It will be interesting to see how it plays out, but if the Cards don't do anything he will be gone when his contact is up, and I think the Cards would like to keep him in AZ for longer than that.

Don't understand why Arizona has to deal with Boldin. Doesn't he still have two years left on his contract?
Because he is the best and toughest WR in the league.
So. He's under contract until 2010. Cards don't have to do anything unless they want to.
OK. I understand your point now. You're right. But the Cards "promised" him they would redo his contract this past offseason and they did not get it done. So there is a lot of bad blood there now between management and Boldin. It will be interesting to see how it plays out, but if the Cards don't do anything he will be gone when his contact is up, and I think the Cards would like to keep him in AZ for longer than that.
I do too, definitely but don;t see any way Boldin is out of Arizona. Worse case they keep him under his current contract for two more years. Best case they redo his contract in a longterm deal. Either way don;t see how Breaston goes any further than being #3.

Users who are viewing this thread