What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Willie's Band Names Postmortem (1 Viewer)

You're a drama queen too. 
Whatever, but nothing can top this from above, with Willie describing his perceived mistreatment on an anonymous message board:

"people throwing little pebbles at my ravaged, bleeding body from the overpass above as I lay crippled on the highway. They couldn't let it go, they couldn't just let me die."

Whatever, but nothing can top this from above, with Willie describing his perceived mistreatment on an anonymous message board:

"people throwing little pebbles at my ravaged, bleeding body from the overpass above as I lay crippled on the highway. They couldn't let it go, they couldn't just let me die."
Well Em, you're the one bringing that quote back into the conversation so it is obvious you can't even distance yourself from someone else's drama without getting your own rub from it. 

Why so many threads and posts over what amounts to nothing? 

I will welcome the demise of the " Willie's band name " era of thread topics. 

See, what you're not getting is the timing of how everything went down in the original thread.  I asked for suggestions for names.  I asked for serious help, i think my exact request was take your comedian hats off and put your artist hats on, or something like that. Some people are going to joke around no matter what you say (and it's always the least funny people but that's for another thread) but i had hoped that a good number would really try. A handful did but most did not. I said screw it (I was pressed for time) and just picked a name.  That's when the thread turned from annoying to vicious.  It got really nasty.  I was genuinely hurt by some of the things said at that point. Not the lame band puns but the cruel, personal assaults on my judgement and character. Some were said via pm. It went on for a few days before it died down but I was truly stunned by that point. I had never seen anything like that happen in the community. Phase 3 of the thread, the final phase, was the never ending old person band names. That's when you showed up (I think). The damage had been done by that point but each time the thread returned to page one, with each repetitive, unfunny band name it felt like people throwing little pebbles at my ravaged, bleeding body from the overpass above as I lay crippled on the highway. They couldn't let it go, they couldn't just let me die. That was about the time I left the forum, broken. And all of this happened because I dare ask for some help and advice regarding something I cared deeply about.

So to you, the never ending band names were just you having some harmless fun, just goofing around and posting some puns that gave you a chuckle. To me they were a never ending reminder of being personally destroyed by a community I had spent almost 7 years as a part of. Have a great weekend.
Don't let the bastards get you down Willie.

Correct 
durban durban

I put an extra b in the middle of both words and that puts the word ban in both of them.  It''s funny because the real name of the band is duran duran but now with the extra b's ban appears in both words.  That's clever because I had requested a few people be banned and I listed a band who real name doesn't contain the word ban but now it does with my adjustments. I could probably think of some more but I'm late for lunch and need to put my helmet on before I walk to the kitchen.

durban durban

I put an extra b in the middle of both words and that puts the word ban in both of them.  It''s funny because the real name of the band is duran duran but now with the extra b's ban appears in both words.  That's clever because I had requested a few people be banned and I listed a band who real name doesn't contain the word ban but now it does with my adjustments. I could probably think of some more but I'm late for lunch and need to put my helmet on before I walk to the kitchen.
Men Without Helmets

ETA:.... they're Jewish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anybody mentioned Ban Fogelberg, or the leader of the Banned yet?  

I'll get political in this case:  

Sirban Sirban. 

Willie is the poster we deserve, not the one we need.  

Whateve it is, just don't be  total ### and delete a thread because someone said Ban Jovi.  This is good shtick all around and no need to delete if someone said your balls are gray. How would they know?

Users who are viewing this thread