What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Willis McGahee (1 Viewer)

packersfan

Footballguy
He's obviously coming off a terrible game but prior to Week 10, McGahee was on a roll with touchdowns in all four of the games that he appeared (I'm tossing out Week 6 against the Patriots because I believe he didn't play because the Ravens were looking at trying to trade him the following week). This week's game is against a Carolina run defense that isn't terrible but is prone to wearing down because they're on the field so much. Last week, the Bucs ripped them to shreds and Cadillac Williams of all people busted off a long TD run late. I expect the Ravens to control this game which could result in a lot of rushing attempts. If that's the case, Ray Rice will get his but McGahee could be in line to get a lot of work in the fourth quarter, similar to what happened in Week 5 against Denver. Put it all together and I could see McGahee getting 10-15 carries with a TD very possible.

Anybody else like him as a RB3 this week?

i think willis is a solid play this week but take into account that this advice is coming from not only the biggest willis mcgahee fanboy on this board but probably in the whole world. the ravens will most likely completely dominate carolina and that should result in willie mac getting touches.

I would not be surprised to see him score once or even twice today, but it's hard to start someone that has 20 carries in his last 3 games (post trade deadline).

I would not be surprised to see him score once or even twice today, but it's hard to start someone that has 20 carries in his last 3 games (post trade deadline).
I agree with the risk there. My other choices are Brown or Beanie. Brown has been pretty uninspiring and loses goal-line looks to James (although he could catch some passes today) and I can't see starting Wells until he shows he can make it through a game healthy. For McGahee to get it done he has to score a touchdown. No question about it. But considering he has been scoring TDs at a high rate lately and considering that, on paper, this projects to be a game which the Ravens should control and run the ball a lot, I think there's a high potential for McGahee to score today and get some decent yardage to boot. It's definitely a risky move but if the game holds to form I think McGahee will come through so I'm willing to take the chance.

Users who are viewing this thread