What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WIS MMXIII Back to the Future 3 - MLB107075 (1 Viewer)

1.03 - Matt Kemp, CF DOYERS

Kemp wound up hitting 39 home runs in 2011 with 126 RBIs, leading the league in both categories, the first Dodger to do so since Dolph Camilli in 1941. He also led the league in runs scored (115), total bases (353), OPS+ (171), and WAR (10.0). He finished second in slugging percentage (.586), OPS (.986), extra base hits (76), and stolen bases (40, tied), and third in batting average (.324) and outfield assists (11). Kemp also extended his games played streak to 364 games, as he played in every game of the season. He was the first player to finish in the top two in both home runs and steals since Hank Aaron in 1963.
Let's do that again, tia.

1.03 - Matt Kemp, CF DOYERS

Kemp wound up hitting 39 home runs in 2011 with 126 RBIs, leading the league in both categories, the first Dodger to do so since Dolph Camilli in 1941. He also led the league in runs scored (115), total bases (353), OPS+ (171), and WAR (10.0). He finished second in slugging percentage (.586), OPS (.986), extra base hits (76), and stolen bases (40, tied), and third in batting average (.324) and outfield assists (11). Kemp also extended his games played streak to 364 games, as he played in every game of the season. He was the first player to finish in the top two in both home runs and steals since Hank Aaron in 1963.
Let's do that again, tia.
SOD

1 . 1 [ 1 ] Spartans. . . . 3B Miguel Cabrera REACH!1 . 2 [ 2 ] NV/Acer. . . .. OF Mike Trout Fishy(HEY OHHHHH!)1 . 3 [ 3 ] TREFrost. . . . OF Matt Kemp BISON1 . 4 [ 4 ] Cheese. . . . . 1 . 5 [ 5 ] SCBF. . . . . . 1 . 6 [ 6 ] BradyMarino. .. 1 . 7 [ 7 ] Jfranco. . . .. 1 . 8 [ 8 ] Bogart. . . . . Anyone heard from Cheese?

Was interested to see who would go #1, I agree with the Miggy pick.
I debated for a long time. Trout might end up being the best all-around player in the history of baseball and that's hard to pass up, but he might also never match last season. Lots of uncertainty.Cabrera has hit the crap out of the ball consistently for 9 straight years, some of it while hung over. You know what you're getting there.

1.6- OF Bryce Harper, Washington Nattys

My WIS BTTF life is not complete without a young phenom OF.
Dislocated shoulder on that reach, imo.Edit: Was just reading about the Harper reachers on BBHQ:

One of the great things about watching 50+ pay drafts on the National Fantasy Baseball Championship (NFBC) site since November is the rise and fall in value of certain players. Even though no games have been played since late October, some players seem to gain value during the off-season—and some lose value just as quickly—without even playing.

Right now the one player who is rising faster than anyone else is Washington OF Bryce Harper. The NL Rookie of the Year just turned 20 in October and his stock is up.. When we turned the draft engine on in November, Harper was a middle third round pick in our 15-team format. He was consistently going 37th or 38th in leagues. He moved up slightly in December and his Average Draft Position (ADP) was 34 by mid-January.

But in the last two weeks, something strange has happened. Harper has suddenly become the “it" player. He started creeping into the Top 30 and soon he was going consistently in the NFBC’s second round. Then he crept up to 20th, and eventually 16th overall. In our last 5 NFBC drafts, Harper has gone 31st, 29th, 20th, 21st and 20th. Rotowire’s Chris Liss picked him 17th overall in the recently completed FSTA Draft and he guarantees that Harper’s ADP will be Top 20 by late March.
Lots of hrprlvrs out there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dislocated shoulder on that reach, imo.
Yeaeh, probably early. Sure he could pull a Trout and explode, but there were too many good bats available, IMO. And I only had a top 2 of starting pitching. After that there is a drop off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dislocated shoulder on that reach, imo.
I've done no research and am in the middle of a county board meeting. Rather take the other studly young phenom OF in this draft rather than be skipped or be called a draft killer. I could have taken a pitcher, but he'd probably suck because I suck at drafting pitchers.So there. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread