What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WIS V All-Time Baseball Draft: HARRRRRRRIFIC (1 Viewer)

FWIW, I'm against the drafting of individual years... I just can't get excited about 15 Bonds, 15 Babes, 10 Williams, 10 Musials, etc. But, I am open to other ideas if some of you feel the need to spice it up. I still think a battle of the eras would be sweet. Dead ball vs. Roids ... Honestly, I'm pumped to try the all-time again, because this time I'll know WTF I'm doing. The last all-time draft I was drafting solely based on names and personal favorites, I had no idea what WIS was about.

Also, we are 10 people away from being full. If you are sitting on the fence, you better step up and roll while you still have the chance. This includes you, NIPSEY.

1901 was the AL's first season.  NL has been around since 1876.  Do we go back that far, or just until 1901?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's certainly open to discussion, but I'd prefer 1876.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WIS only goes back to 1885
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BTW, are we still gonna do that "third best year" crap?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hell no
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What you do is pick the top 5 seasons for a particular player. Then for each player, you roll a die to determine which of those seasons you get.Simple enough, right?

:stonedbanana: (we need this smiley if this draft is to work over here)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nahPeople can pick any year they want.

I think we should allow drafting of players' different years separately, too, this time around. To level the playing field. It's not like we're drafting all-time teams anymore. This really opens up the seasons that we've got to work with, and makes things a little more interesting overall, I think.

i.e. I draft Barry Bonds, 2003

Barry Bonds, 2004 is still available.

Thoughts?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, lets have a real draft already.

FWIW, I'm against the drafting of individual years... I just can't get excited about 15 Bonds, 15 Babes, 10 Williams, 10 Musials, etc.  But,  I am open to other ideas if some of you feel the need to spice it up.  I still think a battle of the eras would be sweet.  Dead ball vs. Roids ... Honestly, I'm pumped to try the all-time again, because this time I'll know WTF I'm doing.  The last all-time draft I was drafting solely based on names and personal favorites, I had no idea what WIS was about.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why can't we change it up a little? The more seasons available the better chance for error.

FWIW, I'm against the drafting of individual years... I just can't get excited about 15 Bonds, 15 Babes, 10 Williams, 10 Musials, etc.  But,  I am open to other ideas if some of you feel the need to spice it up.  I still think a battle of the eras would be sweet.  Dead ball vs. Roids ... Honestly, I'm pumped to try the all-time again, because this time I'll know WTF I'm doing.  The last all-time draft I was drafting solely based on names and personal favorites, I had no idea what WIS was about.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why can't we change it up a little? The more seasons available the better chance for error.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm all for changing it up (the ERA drafts have been nice in 3 and 4), but I'm just not wild about the same players being taken over and over again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm all for changing it up (the ERA drafts have been nice in 3 and 4), but I'm just not wild about the same players being taken over and over again.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1.01 '21 Ruth1.02 '20 Ruth

1.03 '04 Bonds

1.04 '02 Bonds

1.05 '23 Ruth

1.06 '01 Bonds

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1.03 '04 Bonds

1.04 '02 Bonds

1.05 '23 Ruth

1.06 '01 Bonds

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exactly.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1.03 '04 Bonds

1.04 '02 Bonds

1.05 '23 Ruth

1.06 '01 Bonds

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exactly.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
whats the problem?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1.03 '04 Bonds

1.04 '02 Bonds

1.05 '23 Ruth

1.06 '01 Bonds

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exactly.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
whats the problem?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:yawn:

I'm in if certain conditions are met:

-Capella is in

-Funkley is in

-GWB is in

-Rude Dude is in

-Koya is out

-I set the rules

-The draft is held here

-Larry is out

-Trey is in

-Sammy is in

-Yahtzee hi-score is mentioned randomly every 10 pages ("351")

-artpad shtick is tried atleast once by all involved

-King Kelly is draftable in his best year

I'm ready when you are.

Most of these demands are doable. Instead of eliminating both Larry and Koya, howabout forcing them into a partnership?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking that we are far enough into negotiations that you can go ahead and roll them bones, Nips. :thumbup:

Ouch.

You said hi to low, right? Hi to.....  :sadbanana:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Honestly, I have a feeling that picking at the end of this draft will be fine. There is going to be quite a bit of talent early.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im not worried bout it. And I would agree. Once you get past Ruth and Bonds, there are a lot of very good players. :nerd:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can you draft the same guy, but from a different year? Bonds 2001 or Bonds 2003, for example?

Ouch.

You said hi to low, right? Hi to..... :sadbanana:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Honestly, I have a feeling that picking at the end of this draft will be fine. There is going to be quite a bit of talent early.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im not worried bout it. And I would agree. Once you get past Ruth and Bonds, there are a lot of very good players. :nerd:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can you draft the same guy, but from a different year? Bonds 2001 or Bonds 2003, for example?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. Some people are pushing for this to be an option, but in the past you have only been able to draft a player one time.

Ouch.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. Some people are pushing for this to be an option, but in the past you have only been able to draft a player one time.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gotcha. I think that's preferable, IMO.

Ouch.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which one?

Ouch.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which one?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That you can only draft one guy once. Everybody having a a Babe Ruth on their team would be kind of lame.

That you can only draft one guy once.  Everybody having a a Babe Ruth on their team would be kind of lame.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Definitely agree.Why are you sitting this one out? Come for the shtick, play for the punch and pie. Don't be afraid...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm trying to lessen my :nerd: factor. Pokehur and fantasy beisbol are already gobbling up enough time. Any more iCommitments and I'll look like Bueno come October.

That you can only draft one guy once.  Everybody having a a Babe Ruth on their team would be kind of lame.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Definitely agree.Why are you sitting this one out? Come for the shtick, play for the punch and pie. Don't be afraid...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm trying to lessen my :nerd: factor. Pokehur and fantasy beisbol are already gobbling up enough time. Any more iCommitments and I'll look like Bueno come October.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fair enough. :lmao:

Just when I think I'm out...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Could be greatest of all-time if Word of God is adhered to.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agreed. Can we get some beef jerky for this one?P.S. How's the rectum, Nips?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They say you can't actually break it....I beg to differ.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've heard the elasticity will come back eventually. Don't sweat it. :thumbup:
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When it stop hurting after coffee, I'll send a note.

WOW! :eek:

NIP-DIVA shtick in full-effect, sucka!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let's see if I've got everything to date:-10 spots left :thumbup:

-1885-Present day players available

-Kinda liking the pick a player and roll the dice to determine which of his Top 5 seasons you have to use. The only problem is, it could become objective for some players. Who determines which season is which on some players?

-Nipsey is in if we become Anti-Semetic and give him a small country.

-Bogart's tawdry sex romp shtick will be missed this time.

-Capella is in

-Funkley is in

-GWB is in

-Rude Dude is in

-The draft is held here

-Trey is in

-Sammy is in

-Larry is out

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:yes:
-Koya is out

-I set the rules
:no: Hope you still join anyway.

Ouch.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't listen to RNR. 90% chance the commish is going to approve this.

Hey guys, I'll update you on things later, but I've been in PM communication with Pump, and it looks like we're going to need to open all MLB player seasons in order to keep him. No offense to the rest of you, but he's the first WIS champion, so his vote counts a little bit more.

All player seasons are in. Nothing wrong with everyone have a Ruth--no one will have the same one anyway, and every season is a distinct event to the sim anyway. This is the draft of best seasons this time, not best players.

Actually, that's really fun.

What are the best seasons ever turned in by the MLB's best ballplayers? Tune in the WIS V and find out.

-Capella is in

-Funkley is in

-GWB is in

-Rude Dude is in

-The draft is held here

-Trey is in

-Sammy is in

-Larry is out

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-Koya is out

-I set the rules

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Showdown? It's up to you. Koya is the deal breaker, we'll agree on the rules.

-Capella is in

-Funkley is in

-GWB is in

-Rude Dude is in

-The draft is held here

-Trey is in

-Sammy is in

-Larry is out

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-Koya is out

-I set the rules

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry man. Not a negotiation. If we let everyone's personal beefs dictate who can and can't play, we'll have no one left.Hell, I'd kick out half the league.

Hope you still play.

-Capella is in

-Funkley is in

-GWB is in

-Rude Dude is in

-The draft is held here

-Trey is in

-Sammy is in

-Larry is out

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-Koya is out

-I set the rules

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry man. Not a negotiation. If we let everyone's personal beefs dictate who can and can't play, we'll have no one left.Hell, I'd kick out half the league.

Hope you still play.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Find 23 guys, then vote on 24...me or Koya. I'm good with that.

Users who are viewing this thread