What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WIS XVII - The Cartereaganbush League: Scoobus beats Sammy in the Wis Series (1 Viewer)

Trade Opportunity!

Willie "Pops" Stargell's 1978 Season 1B available or :fro:

Looking for a similarly productive 1B/OF, with more doubles and/or OBP vs.'s HRs.  Basically I'd trade either for an as good 3 hitter rather than cleanup.  Each is a 3/4 type player, so I could add in something or throw in Mike Greenberg's season or a draft pick if your player has a truly full season.

1B 1978 Willie Stargell  L 453pa | 13.9 ab/hr | .295 avg | .382 obp | .567 slg B/D-

OF 1977 Oscar Gamble L 470pa | 13.2.ab/hr | .297 avg | .386 obp | .588 slg D-/D-
15th rounder and a future first?

So.... is D- range worse for this than BTTF?
Probably better. Not all D- range is equal. They’re based on RF/G numbers which you can see on player profile pages in the draft center. I usually compare to a few D guys at the same position to see just how painful a D- I’m dealing with.

Guys who platoon or pinch hit a lot have their RF/G destroyed, and we get a lot of that in BTTF. Full-time players who just suck that bad defensively are usually a little more tolerable.

The 🤓 at WIS determined that a higher k/9 didn't reduce the number of good plays (+ plays).

Does that also mean that a lower k/9 doesn't reduce the number of bad plays (- plays)? 

Not sure. But maybe. 

Probably still worse to have bad OF range in a league where there are lots of doubles and triples, as opposed to 2019 when it's all homers and singles.

I mean, it’s not GOOD.   It’s a trade off.  One I probably wouldn’t have made without A- in center, and same for Stargell with a B/D- at first, but have nice range at the other corner with an A+

Everyone builds their team differently. I’d prefer better range but the bats were so much better than everyone else and getting 3/4 hitters at that point was worth a few more doubles the other way. 

My favorite harrrr schtick was in WIS II... trade me your best player for advice on who to pick next.

I don't remember if his team was even good that sim. He didn't make the world series, that was me vs. Koya.

My bad ... I think I stick all the old crazy chance-taking stuff in WIS on mr harrier.

He was the one who tried to make Mark Eichhorn a starter in one of the BBT leagues, right?
Given how poorly that turned out, I probably should have just let you remember it as harrr.

He was definitely the one starting Eichhorn. And I think it was in the same draft he was charging draft picks for advice. harrrr had that hustle.

My favorite harrrr schtick was in WIS II... trade me your best player for advice on who to pick next.

I don't remember if his team was even good that sim. He didn't make the world series, that was me vs. Koya.
A heartbreaking loss for me... in Starbucks.

The best thing about Harrier was how so many bought into his shtick (more shoveling BS I suppose) just because he yelled how great he was as if it were true .. no comment on today's current state of affairs and Mr. H being a precursor.

Given how poorly that turned out, I probably should have just let you remember it as harrr.

He was definitely the one starting Eichhorn. And I think it was in the same draft he was charging draft picks for advice. harrrr had that hustle.
Hustling toward mediocrity.

Sorry, I'm in the middle of something.  It'll be about an hour until I can do the verification.  If somebody coming up in the draft needs to know the round 12 outcome to inform their round 13 strategy, go ahead with the roll.  WIS salaries will determine season order regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread