What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

World War II (1 Viewer)

Jesus Eephus, it was in the morning during the invasion. I mean I could go to France, walk out into the water, wade back in and say "Yeah, I landed at Omaha Beach. nbd."
The initial waves took concentrated fire from the German defenses.  Forward elements of those forces continued to bear the brunt as they advanced.

Troops coming ashore later in the day had a much easier time of it.

Did the first two episodes of Band of Brothers tonite with my son...he’s a history buff of sorts and has taken an interest in WWII.  His Great-Grandfather (my Grandfather) fought at Iwo Jima so I suspect we’ll watch The Pacific as well.

I’ve never watched it so it’s cool on this the 75th anniversary of D-Day, to start it with him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did the first two episodes of Band of Brothers tonite with my son...he’s a history buff of sorts and has taken an interest in WWII.  His Great-Grandfather (my Grandfather) fought at Iwo Jima so I suspect we’ll watch The Pacific as well.

I’ve never watched it so it’s cool on this the 75th anniversary of D-Day, to start it with him.
I have taped all the episodes and am going to start watching it with my sons as well. I think it gives such a good example of how messed up war is, and at the same time, how amazing it is that soldiers can selflessly sacrifice themselves for the cause and for their fellow soldiers.

Users who are viewing this thread