What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Brandin Cooks, DAL (2 Viewers)

Is the consensus to hold for now. Probably won't see much in the way of return. Where does he finish ROS? Top 30?
Easy hold I'd say. I can see cooks regaining hype after tomorrow's game. Maxwell has been garbage. 7/89/1 for cooks tomorrow.

Nice article and i hope he's right but I haven't seen him beating the jam much. A little yes. One play in particular he actually looked a lot like A. Brown but it was only one play. Still he beat the jam in that instance and create 4 yards or separation in an instant. It was nice.

I'm starting him, a couple RBs on byes so have to start 4 WR. Really disappointed so far, but I need him to pick it up to have a chance.

Cooks isn't doing much to help his cause but his hands seem very solid, even if his ability to gain separation is not. But the Saints line seems like a liability in this one. Hard to find open receivers from your back (and when you fumble).

Garbage time stats are going to make his line look ok but meh he wasn't that good today.
Garbage time or not, stats are stats. No one is letting Cooks score a TD in the NFL. I get it, you don't like Cooks. He put up some fantasy points today though.

Garbage time stats are going to make his line look ok but meh he wasn't that good today.
Garbage time or not, stats are stats. No one is letting Cooks score a TD in the NFL. I get it, you don't like Cooks. He put up some fantasy points today though.
Right, but he really struggled most of the game. Do you think these stats are a sign that he has turned the corner and is now a more viable option than he had been?

Yep, time to sell. Did pretty much nothing until garbage time. I'll gladly take the points today, but I'm gonna do my best to sell him this week.

EDIT: Forgot to specify, this in redraft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Selling?

Feh. He's still only 22 years old and he hasn't played a full 16 games yet in his career for goodness sakes. Lots of upside IMHO. I'm holding steady.

I'm glad he did well today. I own him. Just putting a little perspective on it.
I hear you. People in this thread seem overly negative. Maybe that is what I'm reacting to? I have Cooks at a cheap price in my dynasty so if he doesn't pan out, it's not the end of the world. But I want him to do well!

When it looks like Willie ####ing Snead has passed Cooks as the Saints #1 WR, definitely time to sell Cooks after a nice statline I think - in redraft that is.

When it looks like Willie ####ing Snead has passed Cooks as the Saints #1 WR, definitely time to sell Cooks after a nice statline I think - in redraft that is.
Agreed. If anyone gets a trade off would like to know what you got for him. I just sent out some kind of trade involving him to every owner in my league and just hoping to get someone to nibble on the bait

I have both and I'm trying to figure it out, especially this week vs. ATL. Seems like a teams #1 WR feasts on ATL since I presume teams move them to the other side of Trufant. Jordan Mathews, OBJ and Hopkins had some guady stats vs. ATL. Is either Cooks or Snead worthy of force feeding or does NO move them around? I have both and want to play one, just not sure which at this point.

If i can't move him this week i am forced to start him because it doesn't look like jeffrey is playing. Hoping for another decent week and then i feel like someone might think he is on the rise.

What are we thinking in dynasty here? I have a couple of teams I am rebuilding, is he a good buy low? I don't get to watch the Saints that much.

Next Gen Stats: Bengals expose Chancellor in coverage

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000556321/article/next-gen-stats-bengals-expose-chancellor-in-coverage

Excerpt:

2. When we reviewed the loaded 2014 wide receiver class last offseason, it was evident that Brandin Cooks' early struggles were due to a limited route tree near the line of scrimmage. By midseason, however, Sean Payton started calling for more intermediate and go routes. Next Gen Stats suggest Cooks is no longer an underneath receiver at all. The speedster is actually second among all wide receivers in total distance covered this season (7,254 yards).

I'm not happy about his start, but I think Cooks still breaks out this year at some point. The Saints D is bad and they have to throw. Despite being a bad team, they are #3 in passing. Colston is hurt and not much talent to come in a command his targets.

Cooks is a disappointment, but is he really doing that bad? IF he scored a couple more TDs, he'd be fine. There has been at least 2 gimme TDs to him that I saw that were under thrown, I'm sure there were others. He still leads in targets and catches on the #3 passing team in the NFL and is just 3 catches, 60 yards and 1 TD behind Amari Cooper who is considered by some to be having a good year.

He just needs to get some TDs, and he'll be fine. Maybe they won't come, but at least he should continue to have opportunity if healthy.

Worst thing about Cooks is his size. Brees looks for big targets in the red zone. Limits Cooks upside dramatically.

think I am benching for robinson and steve smith. Last week was bad until the last minute or so of the game. I would still be happy if he has a good game tonight.

think I am benching for robinson and steve smith. Last week was bad until the last minute or so of the game. I would still be happy if he has a good game tonight.
I benched cooks last week for moncrief, this week I am benching moncrief for cooks. These 2 will have a lot of fun this year screwing me over depending who I bench and play. Weeeeeeee!

From what I've seen he's getting a lot of targets, which is a positive. Brees and the passing game is starting to come around as well, so hopefully he starts producing more.

Just traded Emmanuel Sanders today and Amari is on the bye, so I'm gonna have to hold my breath and start him tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone rolling with Cooks tonight? I find it disconcerting 3 of his catches were on the last drive last week, and his TD the final play, but NO could be putting up garbage time stats - or at least come from behind stats - vs ATL tonight.

Looks like Im flexing Cooks in non-PPR over Woodhead, Clay, Mathews, Abdullah.

Anyone rolling with Cooks tonight? I find it disconcerting 3 of his catches were on the last drive last week, and his TD the final play, but NO could be putting up garbage time stats - or at least come from behind stats - vs ATL tonight.

Im rollin with him.

I might have to start him. I only have Alshon, Cooks and Hankerson as WR options. Gotta start 2 and maybe 1 at flex unless JStew, Julius Thomas or Knile Davis are better at flex options.

I'd love to just roll with Alshon and Hank but both are hobbled. Cooks has so much upside, but he never gets red zone targets.

I'm rolling w/ him (because I'm not ready to roll the dice on Steve Smiff coming back so soon), and those late target issues are more of the same. It's been like that all year. His targets don't happen until 4th quarter. If the Saints every jump out to a lead (yeah...right, LOL), Cooks will end up w/ a 1/9 type of game.

Debating between him and C. West for my flex. Already have Julio and Hankerson going tonight so I'm not sure I want another Thursday night player.

Rolling him out as a flex in a .5 ppr 12 teamer with Latavius on bye over Abdullah, Da.Johnson, D.Sproles, and Bradshaw. Basically out of need. 1 pt ppr 14 teamer over Hankerson after trading away Hurns.

Im rollin with him.
And I've been rolling with Woodhead over Cooks at my Flex spot. Just too many potential targets in that Saints offense to rely on cooks (even Watson is taking targets)

Users who are viewing this thread