What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (2 Viewers)

His legal team just got the appeal rejection on Thursday. While they knew the jist of it they need the actual rejection of his appeal to go over and find the legal arguments for a case. Courts were closed since Friday due to holiday so they probally have been working on the case all weekend and "if" they have one they will present it before the first game on Thursday. Its the legal system. Anything can happen. Remember they dont actually have to win. If the case gets thrown out eventually or he loses etc. Nothign would be done before the season is over I read so he would get to play the season if he gets the TRO.and they hold off the suspension until a decision is made. Not likely BUT can happen.
Wait, so we knew about the appeal decision before Gordon's lawyers?

It was announced on Wednesday, after being leaked that a decision had been made on Tuesday. I'd be surprised if Gordon's lawyers didn't know the decision on Tuesday. IF they were going to sue, they should have done so before the weekend.
We got the announcement on Wednesday. We didn't get the written decision on Wednesday, and as far as I know, we still don't have it. I don't know whether Gordon and his attorneys have it. If they don't, it'd be difficult for them to draft a civil complaint (unless the basis for the complaint is that they still don't have a written decision and a reasonable time has already elapsed).

Within a reasonable period of time, following the hearing, the Commissioner will issue a written decision which will constitute a full, final, and complete disposition of the appeal and which will be binding on all parties.

Last edited by a moderator:
False Start said:
I dont like players who are dumb, and he is, because he doesnt learn his lesson. But if he can beat the system in court, Soulfly you may have to move over, I may be his new biggest fan. The greater good. All about getting the herb legal.
Noone, and nothing will ever out-Gordon me.

But you're welcome aboard my train

I've been hearing a lot of talk on local radio + on the net (Twitter etc) over the last few hours that Gordon is leaning towards taking the NFL to court. Does anyone have an idea what the time frame for filing a TRO is? Does it take days or weeks to come to a decision if the TRO is granted? Someone said (don't know if this is true or not) that the decision could be made as soon as the first day it's filed.

P.S. Please forgive me if this info is already in this massive thread. Don't have the time to look back on all 156 pages.

PREDICTION

--------------------------------

TRO granted

gor-don plays 6 games

browns go 1-5

suspension upheld

2015 plays the last 6 games to cap the browns 4-12 season

free agent

signs with cowboys

him and dez rip up the Dallas night life

Soulfly and browns enablers everywhere cry about what a bad person he is

manzeil still sucks

haslem cleans house again

same as it ever was.....

Prediction: Gordon does nothing and eventually accepts his fate.

The denial in this thread is so thick that it's like everyone is collectively going through the 5 stages of grief. Everyone's been stuck on "Denial" and "Bargaining" but don't let that fool you because "Acceptance" is right around the corner and it's coming fast.

Does anyone really think this guy is going to stay out of trouble for a year? I don't. I am sorry, but weed is not the same as other hard drugs and not even the same as alcohol, because a. it is not physically addictive, and b. it should be easy for a person to create structures where they are not in situations where weed is around. If he has not been able to stay away thus far with all that was at stake, I am about 90% certain he will keep on keepin' on the path he is.

I will reserve a 10% chance that he finds God and becomes ultra-religious. That is pretty much is only hope. I am pretty sure that is what Cris Carter did and whether or not you believe in God, it still is a good thing to do because he would be creating structures and systems that keep him away from the type of people who are obviously dragging him down.

Does anyone really think this guy is going to stay out of trouble for a year? I don't. I am sorry, but weed is not the same as other hard drugs and not even the same as alcohol, because a. it is not physically addictive, and b. it should be easy for a person to create structures where they are not in situations where weed is around. If he has not been able to stay away thus far with all that was at stake, I am about 90% certain he will keep on keepin' on the path he is.

I will reserve a 10% chance that he finds God and becomes ultra-religious. That is pretty much is only hope. I am pretty sure that is what Cris Carter did and whether or not you believe in God, it still is a good thing to do because he would be creating structures and systems that keep him away from the type of people who are obviously dragging him down.
Some people would dismiss this as a joke. I can't tell.

look at his avatar

look at his avatar
Maybe it's an ongoing shtick?

I'm not joking. This guy needs a life change. Whether you believe in God or not, religion can change a person's life. It happens all the time in both good and bad ways.

Gordon is obviously living in a very seedy and uncaring way. He seems to have very little self-awareness. I think a new perspective would do him well. I am sure the resident atheists will laugh at that, but it is hard to take anything an atheist says seriously because they are actually too self-aware for their own good.

I'm not joking. This guy needs a life change. Whether you believe in God or not, religion can change a person's life. It happens all the time in both good and bad ways.

Gordon is obviously living in a very seedy and uncaring way. He seems to have very little self-awareness. I think a new perspective would do him well. I am sure the resident atheists will laugh at that, but it is hard to take anything an atheist says seriously because they are actually too self-aware for their own good.
Unless people are ready for God...there is no use to try to convince people. Instead pray that God will have mercy and truly reveals the plan He has always had for them. I'm not being rude at all when I say this...but God even says this: "Don't cast your pearls among swine" .

When people are ready [and willing by their own choice] God is more than willing to come down and touch people with the reality of His Love.

Unless people are ready for God...there is no use to try to convince people. Instead pray that God will have mercy and truly reveals the plan He has always had for them. I'm not being rude at all when I say this...but God even says this: "Don't cast your pearls among swine" .

When people are ready [and willing by their own choice] God is more than willing to come down and touch people with the reality of His Love.
Very true. I am just suggesting this might work for him. I would not to try to waste my time trying to convince him of anything.

Very true. I am just suggesting this might work for him. I would not to try to waste my time trying to convince him of anything.
You went from religion to implying something monotheistic. You just cut out a bunch of cool religions. What's up with that?

... This is a message board for fantasy football, right? Just making sure I'm in the right place. Dude really likes to smoke weed, doesn't make him evil or some ####, just an idiot who can't focus on priorities just like a good portion of the population. High or otherwise.

You went from religion to implying something monotheistic. You just cut out a bunch of cool religions. What's up with that?
Seriously, a Sandusky with young boys avatar?

Sexual abuse of young boys... LOLOLOLOLOL LOLOLOLOLOL

Finding god is the only way to stay out of trouble? Interesting.

He managed to stay clean ( or a least beat the tests) for all of last season and accumulated the equivalent (extrapolating for the 2 missed games) of nearly 2000 yards of total offense thus the appeal of the gamble. While admittedly the chance of him successfully suing and getting the TRO shrink with each passing moment if he does get it I'll roll the dice with him as long as it lasts.

He managed to stay clean ( or a least beat the tests) for all of last season and accumulated the equivalent (extrapolating for the 2 missed games) of nearly 2000 yards of total offense thus the appeal of the gamble. While admittedly the chance of him successfully suing and getting the TRO shrink with each passing moment if he does get it I'll roll the dice with him as long as it lasts.
I'm not sure this is accurate. I've looked at all the "news" reports. They don't say Gordon has passed 70 tests in the last year, they say he's passed 70 tests. He's been the program for more than just one year (or his suspension last year wouldn't have occurred; that's for the 2nd failure). So, if he's been the system for almost 2 years, he's managed to fail 1 test/year. Those ain't good results.

I'm not sure this is accurate. I've looked at all the "news" reports. They don't say Gordon has passed 70 tests in the last year, they say he's passed 70 tests. He's been the program for more than just one year (or his suspension last year wouldn't have occurred; that's for the 2nd failure). So, if he's been the system for almost 2 years, he's managed to fail 1 test/year. Those ain't good results.
My point was he was not re-suspended after his 2 games last year I just assumed he passed/beat all tests last season since Blackmon was immediately re-suspended after his 4 games out so I got a full season out of Gordon and would gamble to do the same this year given the TRO.

This thread is going to axed if people can't keep religion out of it. Take it to the FFA if you want to discuss it.

Seriously, a Sandusky with young boys avatar?

Sexual abuse of young boys... LOLOLOLOLOL LOLOLOLOLOL
I take it you never played linebacker as a kid. You missed out.

That's because there is nothing left to talk about. This thread has officially jumped the shark. Josh Gordon is done for 2014. Deal with it.

Agree let's keep religion out of this thread pls... Because when Gordon's team files and receives an injunction this thread is gonna go bananas and I don't want to be sifting through a bunch or religious bickering

I was really hoping I would have heard something from team Gordon coming out of the holiday now that everything is open again but I can't find anything. Guess I'll wait this week out before I make the drop.

Agree let's keep religion out of this thread pls... Because when Gordon's team files and receives an injunction this thread is gonna go bananas and I don't want to be sifting through a bunch or religious bickering
there will be plenty of religious commentary once the suit gets filed

tons of "oh my god" and "holy sheet"!!!!

This entire thread has had an old time religious devotional tone to it for the last 40 some odd pages. The only things missing are the hymns, Soulfly speaking in tongues (though he has come close) and maybe some talk of snake handling

This entire thread has had an old time religious devotional tone to it for the last 40 some odd pages. The only things missing are the hymns, Soulfly speaking in tongues (though he has come close) and maybe some talk of snake handling
Check the pron thread

Yes, please, let's not derail the serious discussion about the fantasy Gordonites have about him filing a lawsuit and magically getting a TRO that lasts until just after the fantasy football playoffs.

It's quarter after 8, 6 days after Gordon's suspension was upheld. It's 5 days until game 1 of the 2014 season. The Browns are game-planning for the Steelers, and Gordon can't be at the Browns facility b/c of the suspension. No lawsuit has been filed. If Gordon's lawyers are/were going to file a lawsuit, what would the explanation be for waiting?

It's quarter after 8, 6 days after Gordon's suspension was upheld. It's 5 days until game 1 of the 2014 season. The Browns are game-planning for the Steelers, and Gordon can't be at the Browns facility b/c of the suspension. No lawsuit has been filed. If Gordon's lawyers are/were going to file a lawsuit, what would the explanation be for waiting?
it's a complicated situation with a lot of moving parts.

Gordon's lawyers are attempting to speak with Travis Henry's since he was successful with his "injunction" against the NFL. Unfortunately, Henry's lawyers are so busy with his child support cases that they don't have time to return Gordon's attorneys' calls. Curse of the Brownies ... D'oh!

Take your god stuff to the FFA, guy. I'm sure a lot of people will have plenty of opinions on your "whether or not you believe on god, it's still a good thing" crap. Just not SP material.

Take your god stuff to the FFA, guy. I'm sure a lot of people will have plenty of opinions on your "whether or not you believe on god, it's still a good thing" crap. Just not SP material.
:shrug:

Say what you want -- and I'm about as irreligious as they come -- but the born again thing is one of the more common paths by which wayward pro athletes seem to find themselves back on the field.

I'd rather join the kid for a smoke than escort him to church, but it's been known to work for some folks.

Say what you want -- and I'm about as irreligious as they come -- but the born again thing is one of the more common paths by which wayward pro athletes seem to find themselves back on the field.

I'd rather join the kid for a smoke than escort him to church, but it's been known to work for some folks.
Dave Mustaine was a ###hole drug addict who should have been dead and finding Jesus saved his life, although it appears to have made him an even bigger ###hole.

Dave Mustaine was a ###hole drug addict who should have been dead and finding Jesus saved his life, although it appears to have made him an even bigger ###hole.
unpossible

I can't stop looking in this thread. I wish I could block threads.
I'm also really tired of it. He was suspended 16 games, we'll pick this up in January.
you'll be back in the next 24-48hrs.

trust me
:goodposting:

We are probably only a day or two away now from some additional speculation about how Gordon might file a lawsuit.
http://media.giphy.com/media/cbG9wtoO8QScw/giphy.gif

Someone should just get Gordon to join their Clash of Clans clan... then he wouldn't have time for anything but CoC. Speaking of which I gotta run, my shield's almost up.

I can't stop looking in this thread. I wish I could block threads.
I'm also really tired of it. He was suspended 16 games, we'll pick this up in January.
you'll be back in the next 24-48hrs.

trust me
:goodposting:

We are probably only a day or two away now from some additional speculation about how Gordon might file a lawsuit.
BREAKING: Courtrooms, like the one Josh Gordon's lawsuit would be heard in were he to file one, will be open around the country tomorrow, including in the area where Gordon lives.

unpossible
He said Obama planned the Aurora shooting and endorsed Rick Santorum. Hard as it is to believe, he is.

Users who are viewing this thread