What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (2 Viewers)

Why is it up to the league?  

Wouldnt it be up to the team?
NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy reports Josh Gordon hasn't been cleared to practice.

Gordon is still in Stage 3 of the league's substance abuse program and needs to pass certain conditions before practicing. It's possible not meeting the conditions are why Gordon delayed reporting to training camp. The league "doesn't have a timetable" on Gordon's next step. Gordon can attend meetings and do off-field work, but he's not out of the woods yet. Aug 18 - 1:16 PM

I'm invested in Gordon in my main dynasty league, but he didn't cost me much (after one of his earlier suspensions).

I honestly don't know what to make of this. Something happened, but what?

The league says he didn't fail a test so you got me. A missed test maybe? I dunno.

That said, it really does seem like Gordon is serious about his recovery. I guess we'll know soon enough.

A true FF stud if he's on the field.
I don't think they've explicitly said that, they just haven't said anything.

I don't think they've explicitly said that, they just haven't said anything.
I was under the impression it was either said or known Gordon didn't fail a test, but I could be wrong.

The whole thing is strange. If he failed a test, I'm thinking we'd see harsher punishment than a temporary sidetrack.

Then again, maybe there's no confirmation of anything & it's all speculation (as you're suggesting).

Last edited by a moderator:
I was under the impression it was either said or known Gordon didn't fail a test, but I could be wrong.

The whole thing is strange. if he failed a test, I'm thinking we'd see harsher punishment than a temporary sidetrack.

Then again, maybe there's no confirmation of anything & it's all speculation (as you're suggesting).
League office had no comment afaik.  There was something like "we'll comment when it's appropriate" that people were translating to bolster their various narratives but I don't think we've seen anything definitive from the league.

no, just look at martavis.it's coming.
Martavis Bryant is a completely different situation. Ian Rapoport reported there are issues with Bryant and the league, but it's not clear whether it will result in a delay or suspension.

The opposite of this situation, albeit similar. 

No reason for concern Gordon fans.  This all seems very normal.  It is obvious that nothing happened and there is nothing to see here.   :loco:
Nobody said was normal.

But is and has been to plan.  He and the team are clearly on the same page with it.

Nobody said was normal.

But is and has been to plan.  He and the team are clearly on the same page with it.
You keep saying this over and over and over.  But what other choice did the browns have and now it seems like it wasn't a simple plan between the two it appears the NFL had their hands on it as well.   

You keep saying this over and over and over.  But what other choice did the browns have and now it seems like it wasn't a simple plan between the two it appears the NFL had their hands on it as well.   
There is the obvious fact that Gordon is a special case with his history/situation.  Nobody is debating this.  There is the documented fact that he and the team came up with this plan to tackle his special case.  Somehow people are dismissing this.

Every step of the way we knew he wouldn't be there, we knew he would be back.  We knew the owner, GM, coaches, Josh, and players were aware of it and good with it.

You make a plan with buy in from all sides, you execute it.  Appears the Browns and Josh nailed the plan so far.... given the history of both, I'd say they should all be congratulated and supported.  :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
There is the obvious fact that Gordon is a special case with his history/situation.  Nobody is debating this.  There is the documented fact that he and the team came up with this plan to tackle his special case.  Somehow people are dismissing this.

Every step of the way we knew he wouldn't be there, we knew he would be back.  We knew the owner, GM, coaches, Josh, and players were aware of it and good with it.

You make a plan with buy in from all sides, you execute it.  Appears the Browns and Josh nailed the plan so far.... given the history of both, I'd say they should all be congratulated and supported.  :yes:
its funny how you keep thinking this all was voluntary

its funny how you keep thinking this all was voluntary
I am not "thinking".. this has been laid out since the start.  The documented history of this is still out there and has been linked here.  Facts.

They have a set of circumstances around Josh... that is not voluntary.  They worked together to attack it... the plan.

@pantherclub 

When you are up against a situation in life or at work, is this not what you do?  Assess the situation and make a plan to address it?

You seem like you can't relate to this process?

Was listening yesterday afternoon to Howard Bender and Jim Bowden on the Sirius/XM fantasy channel, and they were discussing Gordon. Even though the latest ADP shows him at 55, they were saying that he was too risky for anything beyond a WR3, and then Bowden said he wouldn't take him before the TENTH (10th) round. With an ADP of 55 (WR 24) I can't imagine what draft he is going to fall to the 10th round. LOL. Obviously it depends on your risk tolerance, but in the 5th round, I think he could be worth taking the chance. 

Was listening yesterday afternoon to Howard Bender and Jim Bowden on the Sirius/XM fantasy channel, and they were discussing Gordon. Even though the latest ADP shows him at 55, they were saying that he was too risky for anything beyond a WR3, and then Bowden said he wouldn't take him before the TENTH (10th) round. With an ADP of 55 (WR 24) I can't imagine what draft he is going to fall to the 10th round. LOL. Obviously it depends on your risk tolerance, but in the 5th round, I think he could be worth taking the chance. 
Half the players taken in the 5th round will likely ultimately bust, one way or another. He's worth the risk there, unless some other player you love falls to you there. Mt draft is not until 9/1, and if by then I know he's reinstated I would consider him in Round 4.

Half the players taken in the 5th round will likely ultimately bust, one way or another. He's worth the risk there, unless some other player you love falls to you there. Mt draft is not until 9/1, and if by then I know he's reinstated I would consider him in Round 4.
I have the 1st pick in my 12 team draft (Labor Day night) and am strongly thinking of going Gordon and Jimmy Graham (TE counts a WR in my league) with pick #'s 48 and 49 (last pick of the 4th and first pick of the 5th). 

10th round, lol that is just ludicrous and I'm not a Browns fan nor a Gordon dynasty owner. 

As stated above, there will be many busts in the mid rounds. Take a chance on a guy who has legit WR#1 upside. 

If you have Josh Gordon on your NFL team and he’s available to play week 1 you are playing him. Even more so if the other options are a rookie and Rashard Higgins. 

I have the choice of keeping him or McKinnon, both losing last round pick.  Everyone tells me McKinnon but the upside for this guys is just too good.  I have to make the decision tomorrow night.  I think his head is clear and brainwashed to never do drugs again

Users who are viewing this thread