What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (1 Viewer)

I already know everyone is gonna jump on me and say "prove it" but Gordon is appealing this suspension. He is trying to get this thing reduced even more. I know someone in his agency and thats what they are working on now. Go ahead and start questioning me fellas.
I seriously doubt this is true, but if it is, he's going to fail.

As has already been noted in this thread; he went through the appeals process. I highly doubt the new policy will include a loophole that will allow for a 2nd appeal.

As has also been previously noted in this thread, he has NO legal basis for a lawsuit, either.
So you are saying I'm lying. Ok.
I think he's saying that you may have gotten some bad information, not that you're lying.

Last edited by a moderator:
I already know everyone is gonna jump on me and say "prove it" but Gordon is appealing this suspension. He is trying to get this thing reduced even more. I know someone in his agency and thats what they are working on now. Go ahead and start questioning me fellas.
He already appealed the suspension.

I seriously doubt this is true, but if it is, he's going to fail.As has already been noted in this thread; he went through the appeals process. I highly doubt the new policy will include a loophole that will allow for a 2nd appeal.

As has also been previously noted in this thread, he has NO legal basis for a lawsuit, either.
People who missed out on Gordon sure are salty
Dude, read the thread. I've noted (probably 2 dozen times). I own Gordon in a keeper league.

I guess we'll defer to your expertise on labor law and collective bargaining agreements.

Just out of curiosity, where did you go to law school?
You can defer to my expertise on being able to read, if you want. Look it up; he has NO legal basis for a lawsuit.

If you don't want to search the web, it's all right here in this thread.

As has already been noted in this thread; he went through the appeals process. I highly doubt the new policy will include a loophole that will allow for a 2nd appeal.

So you post about something that is impossible, you know it's impossible, so you preface your post by saying "I know people are going to jump on me," provide no link/support/anything to back up your claim, then get irritated when someone does EXACTLY what you said you know they are going to do?

OK.

So you post about something that is impossible, you know it's impossible, so you preface your post by saying "I know people are going to jump on me," provide no link/support/anything to back up your claim, then get irritated when someone does EXACTLY what you said you know they are going to do?

OK.
Wow are you listening to yourself? You drink a lot of red bull? Whats impossible?

OK.
Wow are you listening to yourself? You drink a lot of red bull? Whats impossible?
Maybe you should be more clear. Are you saying that Gordon's lawyers will seek an injuction and file a lawsuit or are you saying the he is going to appeal his failed drug test and/or the suspension.

If it's the latter who exactly is he appealing to - since his appeal on the failed drug test was already heard and denied, and I don't believe he can appeal the suspension itself.

If he is reinstated it is as a result of a negotiated agreement between the owners and the NFLPA (which Gordon is part of). What is he appealing, the agreement?

At this point nothing would really surprise me in all of this. I think the issue is with the statement you made causing some curiosity.

OK.
It's impossible to appeal. He's already done so.

Furthermore, IF his suspension is reduced (hasn't been officially announced), it would have to be done as part of an agreement between the NFL and the NFLPA. Josh Gordon is a member of the NFLPA, so any agreement to have his suspension reduced would be, in effect, agreed to by Gordon.

You are suggesting that Gordon will agree to have his suspension reduced to 10 games (via his membership in the NFLPA), then try to appeal the reduced suspension that he just agreed to. If he were to try to appeal that, he would be denied immediately. If he tried to take that to court, no judge would allow it in his/her court. You can't make an agreement, then try to say the terms of what you agreed to are unfair. <_<

I seriously doubt this is true, but if it is, he's going to fail.As has already been noted in this thread; he went through the appeals process. I highly doubt the new policy will include a loophole that will allow for a 2nd appeal.

So you post about something that is impossible, you know it's impossible, so you preface your post by saying "I know people are going to jump on me," provide no link/support/anything to back up your claim, then get irritated when someone does EXACTLY what you said you know they are going to do?OK.
It's impossible to appeal. He's already done so.Furthermore, IF his suspension is reduced (hasn't been officially announced), it would have to be done as part of an agreement between the NFL and the NFLPA. Josh Gordon is a member of the NFLPA, so any agreement to have his suspension reduced would be, in effect, agreed to by Gordon.

You are suggesting that Gordon will agree to have his suspension reduced to 10 games (via his membership in the NFLPA), then try to appeal the reduced suspension that he just agreed to. If he were to try to appeal that, he would be denied immediately. If he tried to take that to court, no judge would allow it in his/her court. You can't make an agreement, then try to say the terms of what you agreed to are unfair. <_<
An awful lot of people are claiming to know a lot about an agreement that has not been finalized. If the agreement simply states that all suspensions handed down in 2014 are being reviewed and the terms of a new agreement are being applied, then Gordon has not appealed any suspension under the new policy. If the agreement specifically say "Josh Gordon's suspension is reduced to 10 games" then he would have to sign off on it personally. I highly doubt it is the latter. That would probably create a lot of problems because other players would sue. Assuming the former, if the NFL refuses to allow an appeal under the new terms I would think that Gordon has a strong case to sue.

The violation and positive test occurred, and reportedly will still be handled under, the old policy. On those items, he already appealed and lost.

What will reportedly be handled under the new policy is the length of the suspension. But that's a hard thing to appeal because whatever the agreement says is what it says. It's not like the agreement is going to say "eight weeks" but Goodell is going to suspend him for ten weeks anyway. It's going to say "ten weeks."

The violation and positive test occurred, and reportedly will still be handled under, the old policy. On those items, he already appealed and lost.

What will reportedly be handled under the new policy is the length of the suspension. But that's a hard thing to appeal because whatever the agreement says is what it says. It's not like the agreement is going to say "eight weeks" but Goodell is going to suspend him for ten weeks anyway. It's going to say "ten weeks."
Again, you don't KNOW what the agreement says, so you are assuming. Assumptions of fact do not make anything impossible.

Again, you don't KNOW what the agreement says, so you are assuming. Assumptions of fact do not make anything impossible.
What could possibly be in the agreement that would open up grounds for him to appeal again?

For all we know the agreement could name Josh Gordon as the new commissioner and he may pardon himself. Anything is possible.

For all we know the agreement could name Josh Gordon as the new commissioner and he may pardon himself. Anything is possible.
/thread

LMAO

Breaking:

The Browns just announced that they've acquired UDFA Gosh Jordon (WR) from Faylor College. The Browns welcome Gosh with open arms and are looking forward to his contributions while they await the return of last year's NFL leading receiver, Josh Gordon who is currently suspended for 10 games. Gosh comes into the league with zero criminal charges and a squeaky clean police record. He'll be active for Sunday's game against rival Baltimore.
:cool:

Breaking:

The Browns just announced that they've acquired UDFA Gosh Jordon (WR) from Faylor College. The Browns welcome Gosh with open arms and are looking forward to his contributions while they await the return of last year's NFL leading receiver, Josh Gordon who is currently suspended for 10 games. Gosh comes into the league with zero criminal charges and a squeaky clean police record. He'll be active for Sunday's game against rival Baltimore.
:cool:
Man when Josh Gordon comes back, we'll have the best 2 WR this year!

Coeur de Lion said:
Peyton Marino said:
Coeur de Lion said:
Peyton Marino said:
Alonzo Mosely said:
Coeur de Lion said:
False Start said:
If not, he is already starting to make bad choices again.
Starting again? He never stopped. O/U on the next time he pisses hot? I'll take December of this year...In dynasty, you're a stone cold fool if you're not trying like crazy to sell high the instant an official announcement is made about him playing this year.
How much action you want?
I want in on this too.
Gordon has failed a minimum of five drug screens in the past four years. We know he is still hanging around people holding drugs. But let me guess: this time, he finally just gets it, right?If it were up to me, the NFL wouldn't test for recreational drugs at all. But they do, and Gordon's extensive history suggests that it's probably only a matter of time. The speeding / weed and DUI incidents happening while his suspension was pending, as well as his statement after losing the appeal don't exactly scream "changed man" to me. YMMV.

Re: his FF value, redraft-wise, if you got him as a cheap / free flyer and he ends up giving you a handful of quality starts, then well done. But in dynasty, he's never been close to that cheap. We had this exact same discussion this offseason; Gordon was valued at an equivalent level to guys like AJ Green and Dez Bryant, players with equal ability and a fraction of the risk. If you held or invested in Gordon in January at those prices, the instant news of the failed test hit, you took a massive loss. News of some type of amnesty is pretty likely to cause another burst of optimism, which should drive Gordon's value back up (although likely never back into top-5 startup range). If you bet on Gordon staying clean, again, then it's pretty likely that you're missing the final realistic sell high window. If / when he smokes another doober, his value going to crater for good, like Justin Blackmon's did after his pot arrest. Could he play the rest of his career without further incident? Sure he could. But the chances of, say, an Antonio Brown doing so are much, much higher. Let someone else roll the dice by making a huge investment in Josh Gordon.
Why didn't you answer Alonzo's question?
Mainly because I'm not a d-bag who needs to challenge random internet strangers to bets to make up for having a small crank. If you want to discuss FF, have at it. If not, please just get banned again ASAP. TIA.
Coeur de Lion said:
O/U on the next time he pisses hot? I'll take December of this year...
:lmao:

What sort of trade value would you look to get for Gordon in redraft?
I would try and get a flex RB or a WR3. A team that is solid and probably going to make the playoffs would be your best bet to trade him to.
Why improve another playoff team? I wouldn't want to face Gordon in the playoffs
EXACTLY!

You took all this risk on picking him up early, rostering him, following the news, just to give him away?!

So basically you get a Golden Tate or Ahmad Bradshaw that you couldnt play for 3 weeks...

I would try and get a flex RB or a WR3. A team that is solid and probably going to make the playoffs would be your best bet to trade him to.
Why improve another playoff team? I wouldn't want to face Gordon in the playoffs
Those would most likely be the only ones to trade for him. If you can get a lesser team to bite all the better.

I just opened a Guinness, of Saint James Gate, Dublin

I hope it makes me forget this thread, and my autodraft induced depression

Half to two-thirds of the teams in most leagues are not destined for the playoffs with where they stand today. Whether due to drafting or injuries, some need to make moves to assure they even get there. Gordon isn't much help for such a team whose first priority needs to be making sure they get into the playoffs.

It's definitely something worth discussing.

Half to two-thirds of the teams in most leagues are not destined for the playoffs with where they stand today. Whether due to drafting or injuries, some need to make moves to assure they even get there. Gordon isn't much help for such a team whose first priority needs to be making sure they get into the playoffs.

It's definitely something worth discussing.
There is no doubt Gordon is an asset , either for use later Or, trading for more immediately needed pieces.

I drafted my team in a way that I will probably be able to hold, but things happen, injuries, DV suspensions and the like, so,you sometimes have to roll with them.

Either way, if you rostered Gordon, you will get value in 2014.

Flash Gordon (@JOSH_GORDONXII)

9/17/14, 8:48 PM

I worked out today & forgot to hydrate.. Your boy damn near blew a tire on that treadmill lol.. #kidding #kinda

Download the official Twitter app here

Sent from my iPhone

I worked out today & forgot to hydrate.. Your boy damn near blew a tire on that treadmill lol.. #kidding #kinda

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone
Cottonmouth and short term memory trouble... hmm...

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 9h

New NFL/NFLPA substance abuse policy:

1st failed test-enter program

2nd- 2 game fine

3rd- 4gm fine

4th -4gm suspension

5th -10 gms

6th -1yr

Can someone explain the 10 games to me again? I thought he had 3 violations, then it was 4, now it appears to be 5? I guess he was considered already in the program at stage 2 when he entered league because of college violations?

2nd- 2 game fine

3rd- 4gm fine

4th -4gm suspension

5th -10 gms

6th -1yr

Can someone explain the 10 games to me again? I thought he had 3 violations, then it was 4, now it appears to be 5? I guess he was considered already in the program at stage 2 when he entered league because of college violations?
There's been quite a bit of speculation that Gordon has failed one or more additional tests in the NFL that were kept confidential. No one really knows. He also probably entered the leage in either stage 1 or stage 2 based on his drug history in college, but again, we just don't know.

2nd- 2 game fine

3rd- 4gm fine

4th -4gm suspension

5th -10 gms

6th -1yr

There's been quite a bit of speculation that Gordon has failed one or more additional tests in the NFL that were kept confidential. No one really knows. He also probably entered the leage in either stage 1 or stage 2 based on his drug history in college, but again, we just don't know.
either that or he'll be back week 5?

2nd- 2 game fine

3rd- 4gm fine

4th -4gm suspension

5th -10 gms

6th -1yr

Sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGdhc9k07Ms

2nd- 2 game fine

3rd- 4gm fine

4th -4gm suspension

5th -10 gms

6th -1yr

for all we know he is failing a drug test right now

2nd- 2 game fine

3rd- 4gm fine

4th -4gm suspension

5th -10 gms

6th -1yr

It's certainly within the realm of possibility, assuming that the new policy is actually completely finalized and signed off on by then. It's also possible that he remains suspended all year. Given the near unanimous opinions of the reputable NFL commentators, IMO 10 games is most likely. But everyone is just guessing at this point until it becomes official.

How have they decided that Welker can come back this weekend and play, but we have heard nothing regarding Josh Gordon yet? I wouldn't think Welker would be allowed back, unless they have already finalized the new agreement, unless I am missing something here?

How have they decided that Welker can come back this weekend and play, but we have heard nothing regarding Josh Gordon yet? I wouldn't think Welker would be allowed back, unless they have already finalized the new agreement, unless I am missing something here?
The new performance-enhancing drug policy has been finalized -- the new substances of abuse policy has not. Under the new rules, Welker's violation switches categories and doesn't carry a suspension as a first time offense.

so what is next?
At least 30 more pages of non-info.
:goodposting: And don't forget the 100% confidence in wild-### guesses from parties on both sides that their complete speculation is the only correct version. Oh yeah, and at least one more random dude will "know someone" close to the situation and make some random nonsense up then get offended when people ask for clarification.

And then more of the same on Friday...

Users who are viewing this thread