What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Reynolds, DEN (2 Viewers)

update

I doubt anyone is investing in Lions players this week outside of ARSB & Swift, but Campbell talked length today about Goff’s comfort with guys he’s worked with a long time (both Reynolds & St Brown name checked), and that unlike the last few weeks where it’s been basically walk throughs and then try to play, this week Josh did get some reps in.

I’m beset by injuries and byes, will be pivoting from Raymond to KJ Osborn. With very little confidence.

Last edited:
update

I doubt anyone is investing in Lions players this week outside of ARSB & Swift, but Campbell talked length today about Goff’s comfort with guys he’s worked with a long (both Reynolds & St Brown name checked), and that unlike the last few weeks where it’s been basically walk throughs and then try to play, this week Josh did get some reps in.

I’m beset by injuries and byes, will be pivoting from Raymond to KJ Osborn. With very little confidence.
Are you saying Goff might be a sneaky play this week?

update

I doubt anyone is investing in Lions players this week outside of ARSB & Swift, but Campbell talked length today about Goff’s comfort with guys he’s worked with a long (both Reynolds & St Brown name checked), and that unlike the last few weeks where it’s been basically walk throughs and then try to play, this week Josh did get some reps in.

definitely not

it is a plus matchup, but

23 turnovers in 20 starts with the Lions

update

definitely not

it is a plus matchup, but

23 turnovers in 20 starts with the Lions
If the Lions new regime want to alienate the fans, they will bring Goff back next year.

update

I doubt anyone is investing in Lions players this week outside of ARSB & Swift, but Campbell talked length today about Goff’s comfort with guys he’s worked with a long time (both Reynolds & St Brown name checked), and that unlike the last few weeks where it’s been basically walk throughs and then try to play, this week Josh did get some reps in.

Last week I remember a lot of two TE sets, maybe it could be somewhat of a St. Brown/Josh show?

brutal game

dropped easy TD in first half, they settled for a FG

last Lions offensive play of the day - 4th and 2, down 27-31, they took the shot

would have been a tough diving catch but it was absolutely right in his hands - dude just didn’t make the play

6 targets, 2-14

(Raymond went 3-76 on 4 targets)

Josh Reynolds caught 4-of-7 targets for 80 yards in the Lions’ Week 1 win over the Chiefs.

Reynolds’ 80 yards would have been his fourth most of 2022. Reynolds actually started fairly hot last season before badly fading down the stretch. He looked better than Marvin Jones this evening but didn’t do anything to suggest he was about to become 12-team league relevant.

EDIT: wtf is this blurb

Josh Reynolds caught 4-of-7 targets for 80 yards in the Lions’ Week 1 win over the Chiefs.

Reynolds’ 80 yards would have been his fourth most of 2022. Reynolds actually started fairly hot last season before badly fading down the stretch. He looked better than Marvin Jones this evening but didn’t do anything to suggest he was about to become 12-team league relevant.

EDIT: wtf is this blurb

Context matters. His “hot start” was the month ARSB had a HAS (30 snaps in 4 weeks/2 games), Jamo was on the NFI and Chark missed 3 games.

Anyway, dude has been in the league 6 years & played with Goff 5.5 seasons. He can be relevant until Week 6, Kalif Raymond is not taking targets from him, MJJ looks washed.

LaPorta or Gibbs look legit but we gotta have another productive wideout or Monty is going to be staring at 8 men in the box every play.

Dude looks like someone going to be favored din the red zone and has the size to get up and get it. This a one week wonder or a solid W2 on the other side of St-Brown?

Quietly having a career year. On pace for 82 targets 54-989-10. YPC 18.2. All 16 of his receptions have resulted in a first down. Has the 12th highest grade for WR at PFF - 83.0.

Plays mostly outside, opposite Kalif Raymond/Marvin Jones the first 4 g, probably Kalif/Jamo going forward. ARSB dominates the Slot snaps when healthy.

DET Targets through 5 g:
  • St Brown 35
  • Laporta 31
  • Reynolds 24
  • Gibbs 18
  • Raymond 14
Kalif is a 4.34 guy - he’s the WR most likely to see his snap count / market share decrease as they integrate Jamo,

7th year, has spent all but 5 games catching balls from Jared Goff. Dude isn’t on every WW (41% owned.) Good Flex / bye week option - his deep intermediate square ins give him a unique role in Detroit’s offense.

Josh “praying mantis” Reynolds Film Study - All 22 Films

When Lions QB Jared Goff targets WR Josh Reynolds this season, he is 16-of-23 (69.6%) for 291 yards, 3 TDs and 0 INTs for a 151.7 QB rating.

This is the 3rd-highest rated QB-to-WR combo in the NFL this season, per PFF (minimum 15 targets.)

When Lions QB Jared Goff targets WR Josh Reynolds this season, he is 16-of-23 (69.6%) for 291 yards, 3 TDs and 0 INTs for a 151.7 QB rating.

This is the 3rd-highest rated QB-to-WR combo in the NFL this season, per PFF (minimum 15 targets.)
I always value your opinion so would you start Josh over Garrett Wilson in standard? Thanks in advance

I always value your opinion so would you start Josh over Garrett Wilson in standard? Thanks in advance

Eagles DBs are the biggest reason they’ve struggled in 4 of their 5 wins, right? I’m pretty high on Wilson though obviously no one feels good about starting him.

Detroit has a top 5 offense, and while Goff has been on a tear, the weakest part of the Bucs D is stoping the run. Now they are getting healthier but I think it’s generally agreed the Lions OL is the best position group they have. Monty is a load, Gibbs might miss again (been in meetings & haven’t checked the Thu practice report.)

Our strength, their weakness, Goff is way better at home (still functional but not elite.) Josh is the third option on a team that probably wants to pound their opponent this week.

Ditto for the Ravens game.

I’m not starting Goff again until Week 8 MNF at home v Raiders. Reynolds certainly could have a good fantasy day, 3 TDs this year and actually had more In10 RZ looks than St Brown in 2022.

Eagles DBs are the biggest reason they’ve struggled in 4 of their 5 wins, right? I’m pretty high on Wilson though obviously no one feels good about starting him.

Detroit has a top 5 offense, and while Goff has been on a tear, the weakest part of the Bucs D is stoping the run. Now they are getting healthier but I think it’s generally agreed the Lions OL is the best position group they have. Monty is a load, Gibbs might miss again (been in meetings & haven’t checked the Thu practice report.)

Our strength, their weakness, Goff is way better at home (still functional but not elite.) Josh is the third option on a team that probably wants to pound their opponent this week.

I’m not starting Goff again until Week 8 MNF at home v Raiders. Reynolds certainly could have a good fantasy day, 3 TDs this year and actually had more In10 RZ looks than St Brown in 2022.
Excellent info. Appreciate it. Fir now I put Wilson in for London and D'Onta Foreman in for Josh. If Roshan plays this might change. 😆

Excellent info. Appreciate it. Fir now I put Wilson in for London and D'Onta Foreman in for Josh. If Roshan plays this might change. 😆

Yeah I’m a day behind. Long day, didn’t know LaPorta missed practice Thursday with a calf. Should bump Josh if Brock Wright starts (however many TEs PFF has graded - like 118? - he’s last, 118th.)

Broncos signed WR Josh Reynolds, formerly of the Lions, to a two-year, $14 million deal.
Reynolds had met with the Ravens last week but went with the Broncos, who recently parted ways with Jerry Jeudy. After posting a 40/608/5 line in Detroit last season, Reynolds — a reliable possession receiver — profiles as an every-down wideout for Sean Payton’s offense. He could function as the WR2 behind Courtland Sutton unless Marvin Mims makes a leap in 2024.

So the Broncos effectively get two years of Josh Reynolds plus two draft picks (5th + 6th) for one year of Jeudy...all at about the same cost ($14mm). Shouldn't be much drop in production (if any)

Denver quietly going about their business in a nice way rebuilding the roster while climbing out of the Russell Wilson hole.

Users who are viewing this thread